• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pax - All Models

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@Justpassedu - very interesting. Where did you preorder it? how much is it?
I tried googling it, but, well, google seems to think it is something else entirely!

Jill NYC,

Robert-in-YEG

I figure these can be combined since the 2 & 3 are so similar and the OG is discontinued but some may still want to discuss somewhere.
The old threads can be found here:

View attachment 257

Here was my original review on Pax 3 posted 5/17/18 hope it is helpful for some and added a few updates:

Quick backstory: the Pax OG was one of my first vapes and I HATED it. The flavor, the maintenance, the efficiency and the price all left a bad taste. But I did try the Pax 2 and was impressed with how much better it was than the first and when they had the 4/20 deal, the price made it irresistible (damned VAS, leave me be!)

I have to say... I love this thing!
I have a few Conduction vapes, but none of them have been dd’s for a long time.
I think it was @Mr. Me2 who said everyone should have at least one conduction and one convection vape in their rotation- and I couldn’t agree more!

The vapor is much heavier and concentrated with the Pax. For me, the vape signature really packs a punch!
I’ve always loved the form factor, I don’t think there is another battery vape that is smaller, certainly not one that performs as well.

The maintenance is much, much easier than the OG. It still needs more maintenance than most of my other vapes because the flavor degrades after 3-5 loads, but a little ISO and a pipe cleaner and it is as good as new.

I really like the App. The different profiles are very fun to use. I especially like the Flavor profile and the Efficiency profile. The latter reminds me of the Alfa Gaboof auto puff setting (I can’t remember exact name). The app does have a few quirks/issues but I will save that for a different post.
(edit 5/19/20 - I rarely use app as it is so easy to change temps without it, just click and shake! But the profiles are fun to use when you are in the mood)

The battery life is more than sufficient for my needs. It lasts longer than my Crafty (which isn’t saying much) and probably similar to Fury 2. I wish it would charge directly to a USB instead of having to use the adapter (one more thing for me to lose) but not a huge deal. At least it’s small, so if I am traveling, it doesn’t add any significant weight.

The only thing I don’t love is how much herb you need to pack in there to have a great session. Even the half pack is more like a 3/4 full oven, which when packed down is a lot of herb. I bought the New Vape pusher, but honestly, even when it is unscrewed as far as possible, it seems to be the same amount as half pack. (I was hoping to be able to pack a 1/4 or 1/8 of oven at a time and that doesn’t work with pusher.)
(Edit 5/19/20: I don’t worry about efficiency as much since I got different pusher that wasn’t built into the lid: Pax Pusher - Choose your PAX)

I need to try out others suggestions of bent screen (any chance you can post a pic of that? I am not understanding exactly how it would work), and using the concentrate lid. Will report back when I get there.

I have zero regrets buying the Pax 3. This has quickly moved into my daily rotation - super happy with its performance.

(edit 5/19/20: still use this in my regular rotation. One thing I didn’t mention initially was how smelly this vape is - you will definitely need a case or cap covers to keep it more stealthy)
When you say the battery last for the day, how often do you vape?

For me, I vape all day. Typically I have a fresh battery in my Starry, and a pair of spares. I've never run out of battery.

Robert-in-YEG

“The greatest fear in the world is of the opinions of others. And the moment you are unafraid of the crowd you are no longer a sheep, you become a lion. A great roar arises in your heart, the roar of freedom.”
― Osho, Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously

Robert-in-YEG,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
When you say the battery last for the day, how often do you vape?

For me, I vape all day. Typically I have a fresh battery in my Starry, and a pair of spares. I've never run out of battery.

Robert-in-YEG

“The greatest fear in the world is of the opinions of others. And the moment you are unafraid of the crowd you are no longer a sheep, you become a lion. A great roar arises in your heart, the roar of freedom.”
― Osho, Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously
I’m not sure I ever said it would last all day (did I?), because I don’t use it for more than a few sessions in same day in most scenarios. I think it has a great battery life for such a small vape, but I doubt it will last a full day of constant sessions.

@lookhigh mentioned about 10 sessions -
I am in process of timing the battery life and will post my results in a few days.

But… as an all day vaporizer, I will say the Pax is a bit of a weed hog, not very efficient. Just thought that may be important information, but maybe not important to you!

maremaresing

After pining for a pax since the first release, but always talking myself out of it, I finally caved. Pax 2 ordered on potv bf sales. $120 is kinda too good to pass up.

I'm a bit worried the brushed finish will have a rough texture to it and be weird in the hand. Otherwise, I don't expect it to knock my socks off or anything. As long as it's a sleeker but slightly worse starry I'll be happy.

Choosing between the 2 and 3 was a hard choice like everyone makes. At the end of the day I loath app connected devices and didn't feel the pax 3 was worth another $40. Having to wait 10 seconds between hits is kinda weird, but it's not going to be my only device. Just something fun. Besides, I couldn't decide between colors on the 3. Better to get the cheap one I like the look of.

Heres hoping it doesn't suck!

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Honestly, I’ve been away from conduction and Pax for a while, but I’m really tempted to return…

And there seems to be some good deals out there. I’m wondering/hoping that vapor.com pax price reduction and it’s 20% bf sale work together. Don’t know if there’s a better deal out there…

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Mr. Me2

Hey @Jill NYC , do you use the pax half pack lid or a separate spacer? Anybody else have opinions on this?

And happy thanksgiving to all!

Mr. Me2,

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hey @Mr. Me2 . . . . half pack lid ftw right here - it works a treat in my experience. I used screens folded into a taco for quite a while, but the lid is much easier, more convenient & consistent, plus, it doesn't get lost so easily - although, other people's milage may vary, particularly on that last point!

:peace:

VegNVape,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2

Hey @Mr. Me2 . . . . half pack lid ftw right here - it works a treat in my experience. I used screens folded into a taco for quite a while, but the lid is much easier, more convenient & consistent, plus, it doesn't get lost so easily - although, other people's milage may vary, particularly on that last point!

Thanks for the info!

When I had a pax 2 (that I have since gifted), I did that too until I got a third party pusher which worked great.

The pax bottom looks plastic and the pusher was metal and super easy to keep clean. And it was adjustable, but I never used that feature.

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: VegNVape

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
You are welcome. And you are right, the inner lid is some sort of plastic, but less shiney than the inner plastic of the standard lid. It seems to clean up pretty easily although it doesn't really get too gunky - I usually just wipe it over with my finger inbetween oven loads to remove any sticky residue. I have certainly never detected any difference in taste when using the half pack lid, & as the oven is already surround by plastic around the top edge, the lid has never caused me concern. Thankfully, I don't remember ever detecting any plastic or otherwise undesirable smells from my PAX's - even when brand new. But a half vaped oven in my pocket & it seems the whole pub\shop\restaurant\room knows about it! :D

VegNVape,

lookhigh

FC member
Even empty the pax smells hours in the wind. (something my father used to say)
End caps 100% solved.

lookhigh,

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I find it's not too bad if empty as I tend to clean it quite regularly. End caps would defo do the trick, & they are a neat accessory but they would also spoil quite a bit of my fun as I watch people try to work out where it's coming from & then start a conversation up with me once they figure it out lol

VegNVape,

maremaresing

I've never really noticed a vape that reeks like I hear the pax does, so I'm curious to see it in person. Either way, I'm glad I tossed end caps into my order!

maremaresing,

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Ah, now this may have been mentioned before, but I'd not seen this version of the pusher which is actually integral to the oven lid - and in this case, a vented oven lid which gives more airflow if that's your thing. It also comes with a chunkier 3d screen for the bottom of the oven - although they do mention to be careful not to lose this part as it sits loose in the oven & should be removed & cleaned after every use. I know the standard screen can rattle around a bit but I generally manage to get it wedged in there fairly safely.

This looks much cooler than my half pack lid & if I didn't have that already I'd probably go this route, even though it's around 4 or 5 times more expensive (but you do get the addition of the 3d screen).

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@Mr. Me2 I never liked the vented lid pusher - you still need a lot of weed to fill it to get a good experience.
With the stand alone pusher, I can go as low as around .050g and still have a great few sessions.
YMMV but I highly recommend going with the one NOT attached to lid.

@VegNVape - that is the one I initially got, and as mentioned above, i didn’t like it. the results were the same as the half pack, and for me, that still needs way more weed that I want to put in for a single person session.
But, if you already are happy with the half pack and just want to have less plastic in your air path, that is a good option.

Mr. Me2

@Mr. Me2 I never liked the vented lid pusher - you still need a lot of weed to fill it to get a good experience.
With the stand alone pusher, I can go as low as around .050g and still have a great few sessions.
YMMV but I highly recommend going with the one NOT attached to lid.

@VegNVape - that is the one I initially got, and as mentioned above, i didn’t like it. the results were the same as the half pack, and for me, that still needs way more weed that I want to put in for a single person session.
But, if you already are happy with the half pack and just want to have less plastic in your air path, that is a good option.
Just to be sure, you’re talking about the pax pusher now sold by Cannabis Hardware?

If that’s the one, I had one and included it with my gifted pax 2! And it worked great.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Yup - that’s the one @Mr. Me2

I have been meaning to post my results of testing how long the Pax 3 lasts on one charge after @Robert-in-YEG inquired.

I should note, I have had my Pax 3 since April 2018 and use several times a week - so a new pax will probably last a lot longer.

This sucker has a damned good battery! I found it averages about 70 minutes of run time. Of those 70 minutes about 7 minutes was heat-up time (average heat up time was about 28 seconds for any temp and at any level of battery)
For me, that translated into 15 sessions (5 bowls, three sessions each at level 2, 3, 4.)

To compare - my 1 year old Mighty has about 73 minutes of run time but a whopping average of 25 minutes of that is heat up time!

So, for the size, I am not sure you can ever find a better battery life for a vape!

maremaresing

Rough week. Happy to get home. Very happy to get home to a PAX 2 on my doorstep! Not intending a long post here, but want to check in to say this thing is cool as. Wish I'd gotten one years ago. Takes a truckload of herb to fill, but works great, and is soooooo coooool.

I know I'm at the start of the honeymoon period, but I reallly love this vape. :D

Top Bottom