Pax - All Models

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I'm a little late to the Pax party as I just got a Pax 2 for Christmas this year, first time using one. . . I've mainly been using on demand vapes of late but gotta say I really like this little thing, I've been using a half pack and doing 7-10 hits on each temp to do 4 sessions in an evening and it's working well for me.

I don't understand why a lot of people here seemed to hold such a low view of this vape, seems solid to me.

I got a Pax 3 last cyber Monday for 150. So glad I did. Cool but plentiful vapor. I use the 1/2 lid and put in around 0.16gm. It's the perfect amount for 2 people to share and get adequately elevated. I have a couple portable convection units but the vapor is hotter and irritates my throat and lungs after 5 ten second hits. The only complaint with Pax is the slight stink that emanates from it after turning it off. I haven't had a combustion device since the Flowermates. I'm sure there are other devices that are as good now (the 3 has been out for 4 years or so.) But this little device heats quickly (20 seconds) is shareable, small in the pocket, and easy to clean.

Maryjanie

So I am late in the Pax game for real. I've had my eye on one for years but always order something different due to negative reviews on vape quality. But there are so many good reviews and I just keep thinking it's gonna fill a certain niche for me- quick heat up in a tiny package. The new amber color and the 20% off sale + good freebies at POV made me pull the trigger. I'm hesitantly excited about this purchase. Lol. Can't wait to try this little bugar out! I love love love the amber!

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
i love mine @Maryjanie , it hits me hard and is still in my reg rotation.
Just used it after a really good cleaning :nod:

I highly recommend you get a Pax Pusher (cheaper ones out there) unless you plan on fully packing oven each time (even the half pack takes a lot of weed)
Also, you may want to get a smellproof case for it - it has been said many times before - it’s smelly in-use and sitting around.
Otherwise, it has everything you need but the weed (wasn’t even trying). :brow:

Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Maryjanie

i love mine @Maryjanie , it hits me hard and is still in my reg rotation.
Just used it after a really good cleaning :nod:

I highly recommend you get a Pax Pusher (cheaper ones out there) unless you plan on fully packing oven each time (even the half pack takes a lot of weed)
Also, you may want to get a smellproof case for it - it has been said many times before - it’s smelly in-use and sitting around.
Otherwise, it has everything you need but the weed (wasn’t even trying). :brow:

Looking forward to hearing what you think.
I'm definately a micro doser. I only take a few hits here and there. I thought the half pack lid would do it but sounds like it will still be too much. So is there any particular pusher out there you recommend? Also,I've seen people talking g about they replaced their solid bottom with a vented one? Any experience with that? I already have a smell proof case. Yay!

Maryjanie,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I'm definately a micro doser. I only take a few hits here and there. I thought the half pack lid would do it but sounds like it will still be too much. So is there any particular pusher out there you recommend? Also,I've seen people talking g about they replaced their solid bottom with a vented one? Any experience with that? I already have a smell proof case. Yay!
I can’t remember where I got mine but one of these from Amazon will do. I just use the pusher/screw and the stock screens that come with the Pax. The screens lay on a slant to give more airflow, works well for me.
@Mr. Me2 - do you have a favorite?

Mr. Me2

I can’t remember where I got mine but one of these from Amazon will do. I just use the pusher/screw and the stock screens that come with the Pax. The screens lay on a slant to give more airflow, works well for me.
@Mr. Me2 - do you have a favorite?
It’s been a while, and I admit I gifted my pax 2 to a friend, but here’s a link to the pusher I used and like:

stonedmallone

so I just tried the pax2 and I must say... it is a huge improvement over the OG. The original PAX put a bad stain on vaping imo, and I refused to believe that the pax2 or pax3 were good, despite the good reviews.

After all these years I have to eat some crow here, it's a pretty solid device. I am going to have to keep using it for a few weeks to see how I ultimately feel... but I can see this being thrown into my rotation in certain situations.

stonedmallone,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
so I just tried the pax2 and I must say... it is a huge improvement over the OG. The original PAX put a bad stain on vaping imo, and I refused to believe that the pax2 or pax3 were good, despite the good reviews.

After all these years I have to eat some crow here, it's a pretty solid device. I am going to have to keep using it for a few weeks to see how I ultimately feel... but I can see this being thrown into my rotation in certain situations.
Totally agree. The Pax OG is the absolute worst vape I ever owned. The taste, the maintenance, the broken mouthpiece, etc. hated that damned thing.
But if I lost my Pax3, I would definitely buy a replacement. Goes to show, some companies do improve!

Jill NYC,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I've owned a Pax 3 for about a year now, and I've found it to be the ideal device for certain occasions. Just last week, one of those situations came up and I was reminded how nicely it did the job. By coincidence, as I was finishing off the load in the Pax, I got a notification for this:

It's age-restricted so you have to watch it on Youtube. While I don't agree with everything @stickstones (Jerry) and @ohmygodimsohigh (Troy) said, there is a lot of wisdom in this clip. What they didn't mention, however, was this Pax 3 addition:

20210727_pax_concentrate_combo.jpg

This is the concentrate oven, or through the magic of Photoshop, two concentrate ovens. I was surprised how well this works, especially at the lowest temperature setting. A small dab of rosin lasts a long time, and the vapour is smooth and cool. My problem with it is getting the lid off the thing once you've used it. Hot or cold, or even after a soak in ISO, that sucker just does not want to come off. Does anyone have any tips?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Is a small flat screwdriver doesn't fit? or a knife maybe...? but, please, be carefull to your fingers!

PPN,

ChooChooCharlie

David-Crosby-and-Pax-3.jpg

dodgy_b

Hi. First time posting in the Pax thread. Have had quite a few portables over the years but nothing full conduction. Enjoyed reading the couple of pages here and it seems the folks that love their Pax 3 really love their Pax 3. The OG Pax was to be my first dry herb vape ever in 2016 and I was talked out of it. Have been ogling them since.

Thinking of buying 1, well, just because. Thanks @Jill NYC for the continued updated review and the links for accessories. Did have a couple questions:

- Half packing or less than a full oven is a must for me. Do you all still recommend this guy over the stock Pax half pack lid?

- Is the Delta 3D Pax 3 slim case still the best option for reducing smell? Or caps from another retailer?

- Have a Rogue on the way with some add-on's. Plan on primarily using glass stems with that one. Any major redundancy between the 2 besides some (not sure how much) conduction w the Rogue?

- Budkups worth it? Can they be halved?

Would welcome any other rec's for a new setup. (Don't plan on concentrates in this one)

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
dodgy_b,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
- Half packing or less than a full oven is a must for me. Do you all still recommend this guy over the stock Pax half pack lid?
Yes, I personally think the pusher is much better at allowing smaller loads.

Is the Delta 3D Pax 3 slim case still the best option for reducing smell? Or caps from another retailer?
I am sure there are plenty of other good choices - but I am still really happy with the Delta one. I remember reading others being satisfied with the cheap end caps you can get on Amazon, etc.

Any major redundancy between the 2 besides some (not sure how much) conduction w the Rogue?
I find them to be very different. I get a much different high from both. I find the taste much more dense with the Pax. Lots of differences from my perspective, but of course I don’t want to be responsible for anyones’ VAS but my own (and I blame my VAS on FC, so I don’t have to be responsible for any VAS!)

Budkups worth it? Can they be halved?
While I have Budkups, I never really got around to using them. Maybe someone else who had used more can chime in.

dodgy_b

Lots of differences from my perspective, but of course I don’t want to be responsible for anyones’ VAS but my own (and I blame my VAS on FC, so I don’t have to be responsible for any VAS!)
That's good to hear on the differences. And while it was perhaps your review in this thread in particular that rekindled my interest in having a Pax around, I promise to not hold you personally responsible for my VAS @Jill NYC :)

Thanks for your input!

dodgy_b

and the pax 3 is even better, a little.
Back with one more question. Is the Pax 3 different performance wise over the 2? (Don't plan on using this particular device for concentrates.)

I'm definitely willing to pay the extra $50 (certainly like the additional colors) if there's some upgrades or a better experience overall. If identical though, maybe I'll just grab a 2. Thanks again!

dodgy_b,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Back with one more question. Is the Pax 3 different performance wise over the 2? (Don't plan on using this particular device for concentrates.)

I'm definitely willing to pay the extra $50 (certainly like the additional colors) if there's some upgrades or a better experience overall. If identical though, maybe I'll just grab a 2. Thanks again!
From what I remember when deciding (I don’t use concentrates either) the Pax 3 has:
- 10 year warranty vs 2 year
- Heats up in half the time (like 20 sec vs 40 sec ish)
- Bluetooth App (I definitely used in beginning - especially enjoyed the Flavor Path, but never use anymore since I got a new phone)
- Haptic feedback
- Slightly better battery

If none of those things matter to you, go with the 2 and save a few $$.

Jill NYC,
Reactions: dodgy_b

ray_

I have a Pax 3 I seldom use anymore. It has been dethroned by an e-nano, a mighty and Dynavaps in my daily rotation. I just returned from a 2-week vacation where I took my Pax 3 as my only vape. After being away from this vape for a while and then using it as my daily driver for 2 weeks here is what I learned (or re-learned):
  • Pack it tight. Unlike my other vapes I get best production from a tightly packed Pax 3.
  • That bowl is huge. When using my e-nano I am used to doing one-hit extractions of about 0.04 grams per bowl. 1 0.3 gram bowl in the Pax is about 8 of those.
  • The high from pure conduction is different from the high from pure convection. For me it seems the conduction high is best for a strong indica. The sativa effects are muted when I do pure conduction.
  • The Pax is so easy to use. It's right up there with the Mighty for ease of use and is less intimidating for passing around to inexperienced users.

Top Bottom