Paint SSV Base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apeman

My Silver Surfer is on it way. I orig Ordered a Silver/Black on but they where out of stock and subbed a all black powder coated one. So I was thinking of painting my base. Any think I should know before doing that? I been searching but haven't found much of anything.

Thanks

apeman,

spikyvape

You can paint it for sure, just get the 2 screws out from the base and paint it.

But i hope you can paint or else you get crazy wenn you see drips or it isn't shiny.

My advice just wait untill they get in stock and buy a new base, they cost maybe 30 dollars.

spikyvape,

max

Out to lunch
Don't know if it would make any difference, as far as painting, but the SSV base is powder coated, not painted. Price is $25.

max,

apeman

Powder coating will make it easier to paint. I am fine with painting it done it many a times. 3.50 for a can of night rustoleum vs a 30$ base. Hmm. I think I will paint it. It will come out great. I think I am going to do like a deep red, just not sure if it will be matte or glossy finish.

I will post some pics.

These are the colors i am thinking 249082 - Satin Colonial Red or 249863 - Gloss Cranberry

apeman,

apeman

Totally Will, garbing the paint to night to paint some blocks of wood to to sit the surfer on to see what colors i like better. It won't be here untill tomorrow night. I will Post those pics and you guys can cast your votes

apeman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom