Packing a vape - each one is different

Robert-in-YEG

The one thing that I have discovered is that how a vape is packed makes a huge difference. There doesn't seem to be any absolute rules, but every vape different, as us every herb.

Yocan Vane
This was my first vape. The Vane works, but it is very fussy with packing. It prefers rough ground, dryer, lower THC herb; if there is too much resin, it clogs very quickly. In general, looser is better or trying to draw takes powerful lungs.

Arizer Solo II
The Arizer handles any herb, but it too can be overpacked. When I first got the Arizer, I was packing the tubes too tight, and draw was an issue.

RYOT VERB
The Verb like the Vane, is much like the Vane, but its mouthpiece has better air-flow.

Starry v3
Pack it loose, pack it tight, high THC, high CBD, the Starry just keeps chugging. For someone new to vaping, there doesn't seem to be a horribly wrong way to pack the Starry.

XMax Fog
The Fog, like the Starry is pretty forgiving, but it can be overpacked. I also tied a mix of kief and herb, but it combusted. By comparison, kief and herb in the Starry works great.

I am still learning, but one thing is clear. Get to know your hardware, experiment, and enjoy.

Robert-in-YEG

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah for pure conduction vapes you tend to want a more fine grind and tight pack, since it is the walls that are heating the herb to create the vapor for you... For pure convection vapes you tend to want a more medium grind and looser pack, since it is your inhalation of hot air through the herbs that creates the vapor... However there are so much hybrid heating and other factors in play, sometimes it's fun to try different consistency with different vapes, like in the TM I will do whole nugs or chunky grind sometimes, or I will go more fine ground, everything works typically with vapes like these! The best thing, seems to be a consistent grind, regardless of how fine or how coarse, that helps you have the best load for whatever vape you are using in my experience... Moisture level variables too!

Top Bottom