Other ideas for VHW silicone tip?

akumanouta

Been loving my VHW but have already gone through two silicone tips. Has anyone found a better solution to creating that seal between the wand and the bowl? It seems like the only design flaw of an otherwise great vaporizer.

akumanouta,

lepstadder

It gets hard and brittle and cracks and finally falls off...

I have had my VHW for about 4 months and have gone through one

lepstadder,

akumanouta

That's what happens to mine. I will turn it on to allow it to get to temperature, then turn down once I'm done and yet it still becomes brittle and flakes off. I've heard of custom bowls, what are they and what have been your experiences?

akumanouta,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
cant you get a length of silicon tubing that is the right diameter and just cut yourself a new one whenever you need it?

DevoTheStrange,

akumanouta

DevoTheStrange said:
cant you get a length of silicon tubing that is the right diameter and just cut yourself a new one whenever you need it?
Perhaps, but it seems like a piecemeal solution. Also, I would be afraid to get tubing that would be less heat resistant or would otherwise be harmful to me or the wand.

akumanouta,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
thats why you would pick up medical grade silicon tubing... the ones that can take up 600 degrees.
It may be a piecemeal solution, but it still is a temporary solution until you can find something better.

DevoTheStrange,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
I'd recomend a blazemaster. No silicone is needed and they make a better vapor/air ratio than the VCB in my experiences.

If not I'd recomend turning it down all the way inbetween seshs if your not allready and completly unplugging it for long periods since the heatup time is short on these. My silicone lasted 8 months but it wasn't seeing everyday use....

minnesnowta,
Top Bottom