• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Oregon Medical MJ

shortwind

Hi. I currently live in CA and have my medical recommendation...and where I live is saturated with dispensaries. So no issues obtaining my medicine. However, there is a good chance I will be moving to Portland, Oregon later this year. I know the Oregon medical program is more stringent than CA's. I am wondering if anyone on this forum is set up in Oregon for medical MJ and would like to know how difficult the process is. I have chronic insomnia, sleep apnea and severe persistent asthma (and yes, vaporizing herb does help the asthma...while combustion would send me into instant breathing difficulties). Also, if I cannot get onto the Oregon program, is black market MJ difficult to obtain? Since I have been vaping herb, I sleep much better in general. Plus a lot of the meds I take for my lungs are stimulants, which makes sleeping worse...so the MJ definitely counters that.
Feedback appreciated!
Thanks!

shortwind,

Purple-Days

We lived on the Oregon Coast for seven years till last fall. Knew many, many folks with medical cards, our town had more backyard greenhouses than anywhere I have seen. You will have no trouble getting a card, but it may take a while. Some folks just don't bother, Oregon is pretty lax about weed. :cool:

Purple-Days,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Oregon is definitely lax about Cannabis. I was there with a girlfriend a couple months ago and we walked around this random park, met some hippies and a few minutes later 2 couches and like 20 hippies appeared out of nowhere and we were passing 4 pipes around a circle while I was playing guitar at this public park ha.

What I am curious about is if you got your card in Cali, can you "transfer" it to Oregon? Would the same "card" work in Oregon or do you need another one just for Oregon?

Elluzion,

shortwind

Hi...thanks Purple Days and Elluzion for your feedback. My understanding is that medical cards are NOT transferable ... at least to Oregon, though I've heard that may be the case with the new Arizona Med MJ program.
Re: hippies in the park method of obtaining MJ...while I was once myself a bit of a hippie (though about 3 years too young for the real cool stuff that came and went before I could take part) I am a 59 year old woman and don't know if they might think I was a narc in the park (rhymes!). If we do move up there, I will seek out a legal card...but may have to seek out the black market if I cannot get card.
When I was an adolescent and 20 something, recreational MJ was easily obtained....nowadays, if it wasn't for the dispensary system here, I wouldn't know where to obtain herb.
Thanks!

shortwind,

Purple-Days

Shortwind, you will have no problem finding "hippies" of all ages, in Oregon. All reputations and occupations, and all ages and hair lengths. Scummy, smelly hippies who dabble in Heroin and Meth, to one fellow I know with a Law degree and nicely successful business that has a huge MJ garden.

It won't be long till you are hooked up. And like I say, many choose to not join the 'system'. Basically, Portland is where the term Shanghi-ed came from, an outlaw / port State from the start, with a bit of the Australian anti-authoritarian attitude and outback outlook (hey authorities, you ain't doing nothing for me, why should I listen to you...) . . .

We moved away because of Pammy's asthma and the weather (that was a factor in her health), not cause we wanted to move. Best of luck, I bet you enjoy the scene. Relax... :tup:

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom