• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

On demand instant heat up vapes to use while waiting for desktops to heat up

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Putting up with my Arizer EQ with ddave mods as my only vape atm. Not enjoying the 10-15 minute warm up times, or power waste while on but not in use between medications.

You posted this in the Tafée Bowle thread, but I decided to start a new thread here, so we can get more broad discussion going and talk about other vapes... So it sounds like to me you are well taken care of with your desktop, but need some sort of quick powerful portable, to use wallet heats up or potentially around the house?

How long are you able to lightly use the unit for small drags/doses, making the pots last as long as possible having a hit every 10-15 minutes or so, before the battery dies? Depending on how often need to recharge running my Arizer for 10-15 minute warmups might actually be less of a hassle than regular 1+ hour recharges. I'm just wanting to use at home, around the house.

Yeah I don't think the Bowle would be best for this, the way you describe here, it sounds like a glass stem-based unit with swappable 18650 batteries might be preferable??

I hear Arizer EQ is around 75-80 watts power, so at least I don't have to feel super guilty about leaving it on for a few hours a day I guess.

Yeah so you can get that type of power from a portable, with instant heat up, pure convection on demand, though it does eat through batteries so you will be recharging...

What other on demand vapes for similar or lower price would people recommend to currently compete with the Tafee? It seems like this is a rare product that doesn't need a lot of cleaning or stirring, which sounds ideal.

Tinymight, TetraP80 or TetraX, RBT Splinter or Splinter Z set up or a Milaana, MistVape Imp/cognito set up, MPL StemPod or Dreamwood Glow set up, or torch based vapes like the Lotus or StickyBrick or many other similar designs... Then there is VapCap or VapMan on the conduction side, and the Firewood7 as another great option for the battery powered category... Oh also there is the prrl Neo and possibly the vleafgo as a budget choice!

What are some alloys they could be using which could be potentially harmful, or potentially containing unknown health risks?

I quoted this here as well, because there is a rule about discussing material safety in product threads (like the no comparing vapes rule, it is to keep specific vape threads focused on that vape)

Generally stainless steel is considered one of the safest metal heating elements, but yeah when you get into alloys and shit, who really knows what's what??

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Mine are musa 510 or tetra x, or if I’m feeling all JG Wentworth it’s my vapor n I want it now I use butane vapes the one I use the most is a DiY butane vape I put together.

ninjagaijin

You posted this in the Tafée Bowle thread, but I decided to start a new thread here, so we can get more broad discussion going and talk about other vapes... So it sounds like to me you are well taken care of with your desktop, but need some sort of quick powerful portable, to use wallet heats up or potentially around the house?
I cannot legally use in public so I only use around the house - the desktop does the job but I just want something to work instantly like the TB. I was planning to probably not use the desktop if I had a TB, I keep turning to combustion because I want a hit every 20-30 minutes, and don't like to leave the desktop on and powered for hours each day.

I could leave the Bowle charging after each hit I presume so not have to worry about running out of charge - I only take small amounts regularly.

the way you describe here, it sounds like a glass stem-based unit with swappable 18650 batteries might be preferable??

I'm really not sure what I would want - none of my friends vape out of anything other than a Volcano so it's a new world for me. I thought the Arizer would do the job for me but I really want something quick, on demand. I do like WPA but it's not a make or break thing.

Tinymight looks decent!

Shit Snacks

I cannot legally use in public so I only use around the house - the desktop does the job but I just want something to work instantly like the TB. I was planning to probably not use the desktop if I had a TB, I keep turning to combustion because I want a hit every 20-30 minutes, and don't like to leave the desktop on and powered for hours each day.

I see, a desktop like a log vape (underdog or heat island) or ceramic vapbong can be left on 24/7 safely at least, they do take some time to heat up (5-10min for log and 20-30min for VB) when first turned on though...

I could leave the Bowle charging after each hit I presume so not have to worry about running out of charge - I only take small amounts regularly.

The battery is not that bad, it would not be necessary to charge it after each hit, perhaps every two bowls? Plug it back in to make sure it has a charge, but you don't exactly want it to be fully charged all the time, or fully discharged, a happy medium is best for longevity, typically... You may not have any complaints about the battery, for your usage style, it hasn't really been a strong negative for me in my experience, because it is easy to track when you need to charge and it does charge quick...

I'm really not sure what I would want - none of my friends vape out of anything other than a Volcano so it's a new world for me. I thought the Arizer would do the job for me but I really want something quick, on demand. I do like WPA but it's not a make or break thing.

Yeah Volcano is massive and Arizer (EQ?) is also large with less capability? I mean it can be modded for better performance, but meh, both pretty old slow designs...

Well Tafée is coming out with a WPA for the Bowle soon ish apparently! Looking forward to that, so I can connect it to all my dry glass mouthpieces and jayhooks, I don't really do herbs through water much these days unless I am using my vapbong bandit...

Tinymight looks decent!

Oh yeah, it is great, obviously easy WPA and using it with a J hook is my favorite style, though the stock stem and cooling unit is effective as well, a lot of versatility with full temperature range dial and the swappable 18650 batteries, and yeah the glass stem style for chamber and vapor path...

Bowle is a little bit quicker to heat up, though not quite as quick to extract? Still has a decent temp range, simpler with fewer parts, kind of a built-in j-hook design as is... Though it has many of its own little quirks, they are very different form factors as well!

Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with either of these, if they fit your budget and timeline well, they are two of the ultimate best on-demand vaporizers, in my experience... Another one to look into could be the Firewood7 as more of a conduction hybrid experience, it is still quite capable and quick however!

I did list a lot of options for you I think in my first post, but yeah these are my own top three these days... Good luck deciding!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Tinymight looks decent!
Love my Tinymight; considering getting a backup. It's exactly the kind of punchy on demand portable to keep you satisfied between desktop sessions, especially with a WPA and j-hook where the flavor is markedly better.

Unlike the wimpy TafeeBowle battery you can just pop another battery in and never be waiting on it. I have six VTC6 cells I cycle through with my Tinymight and never charge it via the USB port. The threaded battery door is my only complaint but I'm not super hard on things and my habit is to never screw it down all the way and to not drop the batteries down into the device as it may flatten the contacts.

If you like rapid extraction and going through your weed really fast you should try a Sticky Brick at some point too.

Vapefanatic

I can relate to this a little as I do not keep my desktops running 24/7. Imho, 10-15 minutes is indeed too long to wait. Most of us have multiple vapes, due to VAS. If you haven't yet, you'll likely be joining us soon lol.

With multiple vapes on hand, I don't see why one particular unit has to be on all the time? Besides my Vapbong, my other PID desktops only takes 6-8 minutes to reach desired temps.

I basically only need to either fill up a TM or TP80 bowl, finish it, clean it out and my desktop will be ready. A Sticky Brick would get a turn occasionally.

ninjagaijin

After looking at my budget it might be a couple of months before I can afford any device currently so might wait to see how things are going then - but the TM looks pretty appealing, as does the Bowle still (just seems easy enough a granny could figure it out). So many options! I'll keep doing my homework and get over my hatred of 10-15 minute warmups in the meantime - got an 18mm ebay 'ddave' adapter coming so hoping that will entice me to use a bit more - I love the 14mm microdose adapter but need to use 18mm for larger and the stock cyclone bowl just seems like crud after using the 14mm ddave adapter bowl. Hoping my chinese ebay purchase is close enough to the ddave - it's around the same cost for the piece itself, but free postage on ebay compared to $15-20 USD from ddave himself

Shit Snacks

After looking at my budget it might be a couple of months before I can afford any device currently so might wait to see how things are going then - but the TM looks pretty appealing, as does the Bowle still (just seems easy enough a granny could figure it out). So many options! I'll keep doing my homework and get over my hatred of 10-15 minute warmups in the meantime - got an 18mm ebay 'ddave' adapter coming so hoping that will entice me to use a bit more - I love the 14mm microdose adapter but need to use 18mm for larger and the stock cyclone bowl just seems like crud after using the 14mm ddave adapter bowl. Hoping my chinese ebay purchase is close enough to the ddave - it's around the same cost for the piece itself, but free postage on ebay compared to $15-20 USD from ddave himself

Oh yeah if that adapter set up works out well, it should change the game for you, that's what I've seen a lot from members here who still use the EQ or used to, good luck!

Yeah there are a lot of options truly, I think your top two right now are good ones to just save up for if you can rely on the EQ until then!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
If you get a smart plug or an old school (but oh so reliable and no WiFi issues) mechanical timer, you really can minimize your warm up times to basically non existent.

For the most part we all have routines and schedules, more than we realize. Figure that out and bam, your desktop is always on when you want it and off when you don’t.

ninjagaijin

A friend just loaned me a Volcano Digit so now on the hunt for a whip and WPA kit for it.. elev8r glass has one but postage to Australia a wee bit pricey ($33 USD - almost the price of the kit). Seems like a good thing for the meantime for quick heating - going to try to give a test ASAP

Still interested in the tinymight and bowle but will hold off for a while until can actually afford xD spending my money on vet stuff atm for my aging kitty..

ninjagaijin,
Top Bottom