On Demand Convection?

Dank Sinatra

Hey everybody, I was wondering what all instant convection Vapes there are. As of now I know of:
1) Firefly
2) Grasshopper
3) Zion
4) Lotus
5) Firewood 3.0

Are there any others? I'm looking for something a little more portable than my Arizer Air, as my Lotus is strictly for home use. I love my Air, but I want something that hits almost as hard as the Lotus. Not buying any time soon, so if the Grasshopper or Zion is the best, I will just wait for them.

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
VaporGenie as well. :2c:

I love my Classic. It's easy to use, and hits as hard as you want it to! The Bronze Sherlock seems quite a bit nicer than the Classic and costs more accordingly, but is probably worth it. (There's other models too -- Glass Sherlock, SS Coil, etc. They're less suitable for carrying around though.)

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporgenie.1/

The very first thread on FC! :D
(though the SSV thread is just as old)

:peace:

Last edited:
VaporGenie as well. :2c:

I love my Classic. It's easy to use, and hits as hard as you want it to! The Bronze Sherlock seems quite a bit nicer than the Classic and costs more accordingly, but is probably worth it. (There's other models too -- Glass Sherlock, SS Coil, etc. They're less suitable for carrying around though.)

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporgenie.1/

The very first thread on FC! :D
(though the SSV thread is just as old)

:peace:

+1 vapor genie however I prefer the coil for most intensive purposes (even figured out how to use it dry lol). Cheap entry's into on demand convection that provide monster hits. The coils the best $30 I've spent in recent memory.

All the triihouse vapes are on demand convection iirc, though those are getting harder to come by.

OP, I'm almost certain the Zion will stomp the bejesus out of any of the electric portables you mentioned (in sheer monster hits and quick extraction anyways) so you MAY want to seriously consider waiting for it. Maybe someone with several of those mentioned and the Zion will step in, but personally I'm trying to hold off making any electric purchases till I can get a Zion (in fears they will be obsolete post-zion).. Doubt I'll make it personally, but this "goal" allows me to further explore butane vapes.:worms:

I don't even go in the thread anymore so I don't think about it while I wait..

j-bug

I am really enjoying my FW3.0. I've not tried the others but based on what a lot of users have said that if you have a FW that's functioning at the right temperatures it can beat about anything else on the market and can also beat out the grasshopper. Some apparently run cold, but there's a user friendly fix that allows you to change the settings on the heater to boost the temps. I'm not aware of anyone having a fw3.0 and also having access to the Zion, but I'm really looking forward to a head to head comparison, though realistically if I get another electric portable anytime soon it'll probably be a grasshopper because of the form factor. The FW3.0 would be a perfect stealth vape if it were a bit smaller imo because of how quickly I can use it and be done. The only downside is the charge time. But for me I'm unlikely to use it enough in one day to run out of a charge and can just charge it at night so it taking most of the night to charge isn't a major downside for me. It takes a slight bit of technique to use, but based on what I've seen I don't think the technique is very different from most other convection units. The draw resistance is slightly more than I'd prefer but I think that isn't necessarily even a downside as it encourages a slower draw which is ideally how you draw from it anyway. Overall my only issue is I haven't been able to play with it as much as I'd like since I'm visiting family.

FR0ST

EDIT: Sorry I totally missed that you'd already put the Lotus in your list :p!

FR0ST,

max

Out to lunch
Thanks, I'll check that one out, never heard it mentioned here before haha
You mean you only read Ask FC threads? ;)

The Elevape thread was started in April of 2014, and is often found on page one of the portables section.

max,

Dank Sinatra

You mean you only read Ask FC threads? ;)

The Elevape thread was started in April of 2014, and is often found on page one of the portables section.
Checked out the thread after Scott mentioned it :) it's not normally talked about as a popular vape so I never paid it much mind Haha.

Dank Sinatra,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'm not very fond of the aluminium in the ESV though... and its form factor is super awkward it's a little brick. But apart from that all its owners are raving about it, so it must be good for sure!

KeroZen,
Reactions: Derrrpp

justcametomind

How long it's the battery life?
I had a couple of bowls and didn't even reach 60% but I still have to do a complete cycle.
Turned out ESV has a learning curve, I had to go out and used the Crafty instead.
Then I came back home and scorched a couple of bowls on the ESV. No wonder since I set the unit to max reachable temp, and I was warned before.

justcametomind,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
For me there is NO portable that has been able to deliver as well as my Beta Zion. I have not tried the ESV or VG, however. IMO butane Vapes have a different taste that is very close to smoking. (Maybe bad technique, because I don't own a butane vape). The Zion ( my Beta, at least) has the power to go high temp and vape oils as well, so that's a plus.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I'm not very fond of the aluminium in the ESV though... and its form factor is super awkward it's a little brick. But apart from that all its owners are raving about it, so it must be good for sure!
What is there to not like about the aluminum body? The aluminum makes it lighter and cooler. I have been waiting for another vape to be made of aluminum since the ESV because I believe the aluminum is highly responsible for the quick cooling of the vapor. I also feel it is due to the all aluminum body that makes the ESV hit cleaner than all my other vapes. No wood or blazing hot metal flavor, just the clean pute taste of what you put in it. I am curious to hear the other side of things though, what would you see as a downside with the aluminum body?

I have not tried a Zion but I know it takes a very minimal preheat. The ESV however, is the only instant on-demand vaporizer on the market currently. All the others require pre-heat up time.

nosmoking,
Reactions: KeroZen

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@nosmoking : I don't know, probably unfounded reasons... But as there is some recent controversy regarding aluminium and alzheimer disease and other ailments, I prefer to stay on the safe side. Apart from that I see no reason not to like it (and well, the awkward form factor :p)

Dank Sinatra

@nosmoking : I don't know, probably unfounded reasons... But as there is some recent controversy regarding aluminium and alzheimer disease and other ailments, I prefer to stay on the safe side. Apart from that I see no reason not to like it (and well, the awkward form factor :p)
I doubt the aluminum is being heated enough to cause any kind of harm. I dislike the form factor as well though

Top Bottom