OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

SteveOG

Usually i grind enough to last me thru the day (or more) so i always transfer it to my Reload for storage.
One of my favorite vape accessories tbh so i highly recommend it!
Totally smell proof also!
Link: https://madheaters.co.uk/products/reload

Awesome!!
Many people (including myself) went thru a bunch of bad to mediocre grinders before ending up with an OMD. I have retired all my previous grinders since recieving mine.
The OMD is reviewed as one of the top tier quality grinders out there by a lot of people so consider yourself (and your wallet) lucky for starting out with it!
Thanks for that. Checked out the Reload. Looks like its part of the DynaVap Universe? The Mad Heaters website has products I haven't seen before so might check them out. I had Dynavap but haven't really used it.

SteveOG,

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
The Mad Heaters website has products I haven't seen before so might check them out.

In that case you might have a look at these threads:

Great stuff!

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Checked out the Reload. Looks like its part of the DynaVap Universe?

It's really well adapted to work with the Dynavaps (with the magnet on top and the debowling tool) but it's more part of the MADheaters universe imo. The first stems from MAD were made to work with the DV tips but since that they have moved on to The Tempest which is a complete device that differs quite a lot from the Dynavap style.
The Tempest is more like a portable ball vape and has a very different usage style. (the tip works totally different and has a very good heat retention so no reheating is needed for instance).

The Reload however works great with any vape imho. I carry it with me all the time. You can stack as little or as many containers as you like so it's perfect for storing/transporting multiple strains in one compact vessel!
It also does what it says: it reloads all my vapes anywhere, anytime!
I don't keep my ABV so i use all three containers for storage.

I had Dynavap but haven't really used it.

Same here. I still have them but never use them anymore.
But again: the reload is just a universal storage solution and is in no way limited to dynavap usage.

mcscruffy

Glad I got an early one with full magnets and full post engagement.
I can hold it by the top and spin the bottom for all I got and it's not dropping.
Both of mine are titanium and I think the lighter weight is what allowed me to launch it with an attempted really fast spin. That was with the magnet!

mcscruffy,
Reactions: LesPlenty

olivianewtonjohn

The implementation of the bearing is still one of my favorite features, it's much more than just a "fun feature", it really elevates the functioning/grinding action. It kinda converts it into a "semi-automatic grinder": once it starts going the weight of the top plate and the bearing "take over" providing a super smooth action!

This cant be understated. The bearing is very useful, smooth grind, no metal on metal contact. But also, as it gets through the initial grind, I can spin it quickly and let it do its thing. This helps get all the tiny bits to the bottom. Great feature.

Glad I got an early one with full magnets and full post engagement.
I can hold it by the top and spin the bottom for all I got and it's not dropping.

Its not a problem even if I use a PEEK bearing. The top is very heavy, not possible to spin it off unless you're a super hero.

@SteveOG

My container of choice. Although I mostly use the classics to store my unground to keep it fresh. You could use one for ground as well. They even sell a funnel.

EDIT:

Here is my first post in that thread, posted in 2013 (and yes its still working well)

Last edited:

moonbaker

That's odd?! Must be a slightly different size then?

If you really prefer to use the PEEK i guess you could put a little o-ring on the top part of the center post. If the inner bearing-ring rests on that o-ring it will probably add some friction to hold it steady/make it catch.
I know the small o-rings from the Revolve fit (i actually use one there for different reasons) and these are pretty thin so they don't raise the top plate very much. Or any similar o-rings might work.
My PEEK bearing was loose in the sleeve and gradually eased out and allowed metal to metal. However, all is not lost, now I install the PEEK for cleaning.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I cleaned my Aroma 3 for the first time and swapped my ceramic bearing for the main one, I love the extra spin the ceramic give it, it spins for 5 or more minutes, but for using it as a grinder, can't beat the normal black one that I have forgotten the name of, its just so soft and smooth and really takes the friction out of the equation.

Usually i grind enough to last me thru the day (or more) so i always transfer it to my Reload for storage.
One of my favorite vape accessories tbh so i highly recommend it!
Totally smell proof also!
Link: https://madheaters.co.uk/products/reload
agree, one of the best accessories available next to the Aroma 3 :)

sprez

Aroma 3 just rolled in, it is a beast. So heavy and solid, yet spins beautifully.

IMG-1009.jpg

Top Bottom