Old cannabis

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
In 1970! after dropping out of college, I decided to do a 21-day winter solitary at one of the most remote open-sided shelters in New Hampshire's White Mountains. In preparation, I did the biggest dope buy of my entire youth: a half pound of Moroccan hash. I brought one oz with me, hid another oz, and sold the rest. My oldest friend, though he wasn't as much of a head as me, bought two ozs. Flash forward to 2010. My buddy was getting divorced and had to clean his stuff out of their house. In a back corner of their basement freezer, he still had more than half a oz of the hash that he had forgotten about, in a plastic baggie inside a tight mason jar. Since he only got high a couple of times a year at that point, he gave the half oz to me. I tried shaving a bit off and smoked it--this was ten years ago and I still smoked rather than vaped my drugs--but got only the barest unsatisfactory high. Then I filled my pipe with it. Still marginal. But I couldn't throw it away. It looks nice, it smells nice, and once or twice a year I'll add a bit to a vape load as a taste enhancer. But it doesn't do anything any more. Still, I love having a fifty year old chunk of hash in my collection.

Last edited:
Top Bottom