Official MLB thread

2clicker

Observer
so i used to start a playoff thread every year for baseball and labeled it with the year. this time i figured there should just be one thread for MLB talk regardless of what time of year it is. so here we go.

and it just happens that the 2015 post season has just begun so thats where i will begin.

ALDS
Astros/Royals
Rangers/Blue Jays

NLDS
Mets/Dodgers
Cubs/Cardinals

so the Cubs and Cards series is literally history in the making due to the fact that these bitter rivals have NEVER once met each other in the post season. despite MANY years of gnarly moments. ups and downs. a true sports rivalry that not many others can compete with. the whole state of Illinois is split on the subject. they hate us and we hate them. Reggie Sanders said he used to think the Giants/Dodger rivalry was bad... until he played for the Cardinals. this is serious shit. lol

im a St. Louisan and grew up with the Redbirds my whole life. we have been so spoiled with baseball. oh and for the record i do not subscribe to the whole "best fans in baseball" BS that some Cards fans seem to buy into. anyway, this team have faced major losses this year to injury. and not just a lot of injuries... injuries to MAJOR players on the team. and yet still were able to win 100 games and finish the season with the best record. this speaks volumes to the clubs model and depth.

back to the series against the Cubs... this series could easily go either way. game one is already been played and the Redbirds shut the Cubs out 4-0 last night. finally got to Lester. tonight is Hendricks vs Garcia. i have full confidence that Garcia can keep the Cubs to 2-3 runs. and that we can score on Hendricks. i do believe the Cubs have the upper hand, as far as starting pitching goes, on paper, but we already beat Lester and that was one the Cubs really needed to win this series i think. we really lost a good start with the loss of Martinez. that is going to hurt us i think. BUT we did get Wainwright back and while he is only pitching out of the bullpen right now, i believe that he will start if we make it to the NLCS.

my prediction for this series... Cardinals in 4. its already 1-0 in our favor. i think we win tonight, then lose game 3 because Arrietta shuts us down, and then we win game 4. we shall see.

ok so who is your team and what are your predictions?

2clicker,

FUnhouse

Now I 'll post
Obviously I have the Cubs !!
I have been a Cubs fan all my life Suffered much disappointment .
This season has been great . Finally getting to see this rebuilding coming together .
We have watched all 162 games this season plus spring training and its been great to watch .

I never imagined 97 wins I was thinking more like 87-88 (which would have still been a wild card spot )
But 97 wins and 97 wins and 3rd place in the central !

The wild Card game was amazing .

And here we are against the Cardinals .
And I expect this series is going to be CRAZY.
1-1 going to Wrigley for Arrieta (best in the game right now imo) On Monday And things are looking good .

Side note : Utley needs to be suspended . That was a dirty slide and he has done it before (to Tejada and others ).
Not saying he intended to hurt Tejada but it was dirty . ( side side note Molina's slide in the last game against the Cubs was dirty too lucky no one got hurt and Coghlan's slide that injured Kang was not as late but still questionable )

The rule must be changed . If MLB is going to change the rule to protect catchers it need to protect middle infielders as well .

#FLYTHEW

FUnhouse,

2clicker

Observer
as long as Wacha can keep the cubs off the board or at least hold them to 1 or 2 runs then we can get to that bullpen.

sucks im going to miss about the first half of this game.

LETS GO REDBIRDS!!!

2clicker,
Top Bottom