Next Steps w/ my VAS Journey

Flotsam

So recently i read the post about Vape Acquisition Syndrome or VAS. I read that thread with interest as I'm relatively new to Vaping buying my first vape last May. I vaped only once prior to that back in March and it was a cart and I hated that being way too harsh. So from all the research i did i bought a PAX Pro from their 420 sale. I broke the ice. i get sense that PAX not super popular here.

It was nice, but vaping was so much milder than i expected and to be honest i could more easily detect minute differences in taste smoking cannabis rather than vaping it. Everything was more of a pine taste & can't really make distinctions yet. I could catch a buzz but not really get truly stoned. Its a bit more preparation to vape than just throwing some weed in my bong. The high is also so much gradual than doing hits on my bong. I tried some concentrates in the special PAX chamber and that worked but is really messy. What i was really feeling was that there had to be better. I had bought a cheap quartz nail but my torch was weak so that was not successful either. Obviously got a lot to learn.

This was all a new experience for me as i had smoked weed back in college a lot! But without being in legal state or having a friend to help me acquire a plug i hadn't really touched any weed in like 35 years. Quite a tolerance break! That all changed last year when my state went to legal cannabis. Upon my first puff all those feelings i had 35 years smoking came back to me. I had really enjoyed smoking & almost right away made myself a bong out of a Mason Jar.

So i somehow stumbled on this web site and found it to be a wealth of information and opinions. So overwhelming. So I'm kind of planning some purchases based on what my preferences are. I can easy see why VAS is so easy to fall into. My first step was to buy something better for my concentrates. After reading a bunch of reviews and videos i got a Boundless Terp Pen Supreme. It seems like a big improvement over the PAX Pro for the concentrates in terms of ease of use and a nice high. Its a nice ritual to get that thing prepared.

So I've kind of decided i want to pretty much stop smoking and vape almost exclusively. Mostly because i don't think the smoking even out of the bong is not the best for me. I have come to savor the sweet taste of vaping but still want it to be better. So i kind of laid out my next purchases and curious about what suggestions and comments i get from everyone.

1. I think i will start with my Nail & getting that to work properly . Maybe not the greatest but for now i want to get a real torch. Best recommendation for a torch lets say $30 or less?

2. Ultimately i think i want a Terpsicle or similar device. Is this trickier to use than a Dynavap for example? I am fascinated by this but realize it will probably be something that will only get sporadic use, But i want one!

3. The PAX is used almost exclusively for Dry Herb now but i think I want an upgrade. I am leaning towards getting a POTV Lobo. It seems like it has the feature set that would be ideal for me (replaceable battery, large chamber, dosing capsules) . I do want something that is widely available. Good choice? Other suggestions?
I understand the Lobo has dosing capsules which would be ideal for me. My one issue for me that seems would be great with the Lobo is that I could keep different strains (eg. hybrid, sativa & indica in diff dosing capsules) . Now if my PAX has a bright Sativa i don't want to do that if its right before bed i could pull the capsule in the Lobo and put something else in there. Dosing capsules would be good for that i would think. I guess for some people an extra vape would work here too! (more VAS)

4. I still like doing concentrates and i think i will eventually want an upgrade there as well to the Terp Pen I am thinking the best path might be an E-Rig. From what i've read its Puffco Peak Pro that owns the market here or maybe Carta V. But being the consummate DIYer something like Core Crossing 2.2 might be a better roll your own solution which i like. Never having used one i have no clue whether this is the way to go.

None of what i mentioned in this thread is happening within the next month so this is all VAS daydreaming, but gives me an idea of what i might do. But i quickly can see how this can get out of hand and why VAS is so prevalent. Love to hear more experienced users comment. Thanks everyone!

Flotsam,
Reactions: cosimo

lp10731

Unapproved commercial account.
I have the lobo and i love it - I also went through about 4 other mid-tier vapes starting with the often recommended arizer solo 2 (pass on that).

Pax is usually poo-pooed (they are owned by Juul) for the high price and lackluster performance.

Tinymight 2, Venty, and Mighty+ are the "top-tier" vapes but also $$$$.

For the price, the lobo takes the cake. I have not found a need to upgrade to the higher priced devices. But maybe check out their guide to see what features you'd prioritize.

lp10731,
Reactions: Flotsam

Flotsam

I have the lobo and i love it - I also went through about 4 other mid-tier vapes starting with the often recommended arizer solo 2 (pass on that).

Pax is usually poo-pooed (they are owned by Juul) for the high price and lackluster performance.

Tinymight 2, Venty, and Mighty+ are the "top-tier" vapes but also $$$$.

For the price, the lobo takes the cake. I have not found a need to upgrade to the higher priced devices. But maybe check out their guide to see what features you'd prioritize.
I was going to ask if you have you had used your Lobo much with concentrates? I was also going to ask if you've used the dosing capsules and if you were much of a fan? Maybe its wishful thinking on my part but i think Lobo might be an improvement over my PAX.

My gripe with the PAX is that you get maybe 2 or 3 really good draws w the flower and then is just becomes mediocre. Maybe i'm just not a fan of the inconsistency + there are always other stuff to try!! i guess that is why VAS exists in the first place.

I think yesterday was the release of the new Puffco Pivot , a true dab pen but around $130 that looks interesting. I believe at that price it has the only 3d type chamber.

Flotsam,
Top Bottom