Next butane: HyperDyn / Anvil / Dani / Tempest ?

budski

cantre member
The tempest was top of the wishlist, besides the price, all the fiddly bits and assembly for cleaning is a turn of for me no matter how well engineered, I like that the dv's let me be lazy, no threads to line up when I'm over-medicated, 4-5 basic parts, all quick and easy to dis assemble and clean which doesn't need to happen often, can get 3 or 4 dynas for the price and have some variety and I've got a few other ways to push my lung capacity when needed, so this sipper has mostly plateaued, as far as hit capacity.

Last edited:

TheScamericann

Arghhh...

I love my m7 because it's so easy to load, put in wand, take a cloud or two and be done with it. Don't have to clean it very often. It looks like Tempest might not be for me after all...

So Anvil should it be? Will it play with the Wand?
The new anvil thermocore oven work really well with the wand apparently.

TheScamericann,

PrematureEvaporation

The tempest was top of the wishlist, besides the price, all the fiddly bits and assembly for cleaning is a turn of for me no matter how well engineered, I like that the dv's let me be lazy, no threads to line up when I'm over-medicated, 4-5 basic parts, all quick and easy to dis assemble and clean which doesn't need to happen often, can get 3 or 4 dynas for the price and have some variety and I've got a few other ways to push my lung capacity when needed, so this sipper has mostly plateaued, as far as hit capacity.
I think this is something that will be discussed a lot more when the tempest hits general release. It’s currently a small sample size of owners and they’ve been treated very well by the manufacturer - which does bias your judgement even if you’re not consciously doing it.

I keep up with the tempest thread and there is certainly a lot of talk of cleaning and taking things apart and fiddling around with them. How much of that is excited owners experimenting and how much of it is necessary I’m not sure yet.

It’s bigger brother the TA, that’s very simple in comparison. The only complication on my TA is the revolve stem itself, which does seem to need cleaning weekly, or the bit where the external cooling spiral meets the mouthpiece intake will totally block up with reclaim.

TheScamericann

That is interesting, do you recall what your set up was? I haven't had that issue, but don't recall what internal cooling set up I went with once wood stem arrived...
Yeah I had the the helix insert installed. Airport on stem fully closed and airflow on tip fully opened. No matter how I set the airflow the stem always ended up a gooey mess by the end of the night. Having the direct airflow tube installed negated the issue but I didn't like the vapour feel with the direct airflow and after a while it started to really irritate my throat. I was doing around 15 bowls a day with the tempest.

Atom Flower

it started to really irritate my throat. I was doing around 15 bowls a day with the tempest.
Heavy use needs water filtration regardless of the vape. i would remove the cooling insert and use a bubbler instead.

I keep up with the tempest thread and there is certainly a lot of talk of cleaning and taking things apart and fiddling around with them. How much of that is excited owners experimenting and how much of it is necessary I’m not sure yet.
A lot of people here overthink stuff and have a cleaning obsession. If you don't combust, you don't need to clean a vaporiser after evey use.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Heavy use needs water filtration regardless of the vape. i would remove the cooling insert and use a bubbler instead.
Nope, completely false. You need cooling but it doesn't need to be water if your dry choice is well designed. I haven't used water for ~3 years. If you have a sensitive throat, go ahead and use water, but it affects flavour and effects.
A lot of people here overthink stuff and have a cleaning obsession. If you don't combust, you don't need to clean a vaporiser after evey use.
That's also a misrepresentation... I like flavour. Reclaim affects flavour too, just not as distinctly as combustion funk. Also clean screens make a big difference to performance, especially with full on convection devices.

Consider that we don't all think alike, but that doesn't make one or another individual wrong...

budski

cantre member
I can't believe how much "combustion funk" I've smoked over the decades from scraping pipes/bongs etc., residue of what you smoked /vaped absolutely affects flavor, and I've had some reclaim hits straight off the cooling spiral, in a wand cup, that tasted amazing and melted my face!

Last edited:

TheScamericann

I'm doing around the same amount of bowls a day between the solo 3 and fusion 2.0 without water and experience very little to no throat irritation. It wasn't like the last bowl of the day that irritated my throat with the tempest. After using the direct airflow tube for around 2 weeks I started to get throat irritation after the 1st or 2nd bowl of the day.

TheScamericann,

scrog

Atom Flower

my comment was 2 months ago when spare parts were not available (most likely to get people to buy the whole new vape) and by which time I have bought the more reasonably priced alternatives.

Mostly excited owners, i believe. Also, some people want a squeaky clean device for every session. Swapping out the balls is optional and should only need doing once. I highly doubt, based on my extensive tests with ball vapes, that there is a real situation where you would want different balls for different use cases/ or material being vaped.
I know i am just swapping to SiC balls (simply better) and that's it. Cleaning the balls is extremely easy with a steel bowl and a torch, and pouring them back in is simple with a folded piece of paper.

At the moment I am rocking the Fusion 2 with a 4-jet cigar lighter and am very sarisfied. There are a couple of minor design issues, such as nothing to stop the vape from rolling, and the need for an adapter ro use with a bubbler, justified by the lower price...

Atom Flower,

mcscruffy

Mostly excited owners, i believe. Also, some people want a squeaky clean device for every session. Swapping out the balls is optional and should only need doing once. I highly doubt, based on my extensive tests with ball vapes, that there is a real situation where you would want different balls for different use cases/ or material being vaped.
I know i am just swapping to SiC balls (simply better) and that's it. Cleaning the balls is extremely easy with a steel bowl and a torch, and pouring them back in is simple with a folded piece of paper.

At the moment I am rocking the Fusion 2 with a 4-jet cigar lighter and am very sarisfied. There are a couple of minor design issues, such as nothing to stop the vape from rolling, and the need for an adapter ro use with a bubbler, justified by the lower price...
I've been using my Tempest almost daily for nearly a year now and if I'm using it heavily (10+ bowls a day) I'll do a clean after 2-3 days or normal use during the work week I will only clean it once a week (or early on in ownership on the few occasions I combusted).

When I say I'll clean it there is (rather, was... I'm now worried it will remove my anodizing) the ultrasonic cleaner if I feel it's particularly packed with reclaim or much more commonly is pulling the oven and heat shield off and tossing the whole thing in a tube with 99% iso. I shake it for like 20 seconds and rinse with hot water and I'm good to go after a quick wipe down and tapping extra water out of the mouthpiece.

It takes like... 3 minutes? I haven't timed it but it's low effort and effective. There aren't that many parts to mess with and none are difficult to work with imo.

mcscruffy,
Top Bottom