Next butane: HyperDyn / Anvil / Dani / Tempest ?

Hi,
currently using DV M7XL in half bowl settings using torch / wand, now looking for something that can provide bigger hit with better taste.
I've heard a lot about Anvil and Dani Fusion 2 but I'm most convinced about the Tempest.

Anyone could share how those vapes behave/compare?
Which one will give best extraction for the same amount of herb?

I really like DV feel, I think I'm more conduction fan than convection... Can Tempest be conduction heavy hybrid?
Although testing Venty that has 0.3g bowl I feel more medicated using 2x half bowl in M7 :)
Is HyperDyn worth it? Or wait for just the tip + cap and buy reload stem?

All things considered I'm very happy about M7XL and just looking for an "upgrade".
It would be great to keep M7 as micro-doser and something else for bigger, punchier hits.

Last edited:

Fox

Hi, to the Anvil Thermocore my experiences. I heat the first copper ring until the first click with good taste, with 1-2 puffs heat 2-4 seconds, to strengthen copper ring deeper and deeper where it ends at the full chamber about in the middle of oven after 4-6 heats. And it can be ended with one puff when you heat downstairs, with the corresponding effect, of course. There are three key sizes and very flexible when it comes to mentioning. Taste at first heating method 6-7 out of 10, 10 is the best. Greetings Lars

PrematureEvaporation

I used to be DV only in my first year vaping, and then tried the tinymight - which is one of the best convection portables. Absolutely despised the heady high and lack of body effects.

I feel like pure convection is typically favoured by advanced users but the average user seems to get on better with conduction and hybrid portables in my experience. I’m certainly that way. Then again, the high end market seems to be trending away from pure convection and towards hybrid so it seems tastes have changed as of late.

The tempest is a very nice device but it is most certainly convection dominant with some conduction depending how you heat it. The bowl is isolated from the heater so you’ll always be getting conduction in spite of the design, not because. The Dani fusion is similar in my experience, so be wary of that. You can get a decent ish hybrid experience with both but they’re clearly geared towards convection dominance.

If you want similar effects to your dynavap, with a little extra head high and just stronger all around?

The answer for you is to get an Anvil. It’s just a better DV in my opinion. I never really went back to DV after getting one. It’s expensive but it works exactly as advertised and will get you ripped.

To throw you a screwball, I’d also suggest the thermal accumulator by phattpiggie. You can directly control the ratio of convection and conduction (heat where the bowl threads on for conduction and heat the tip of the heater for convection) and get a really nice hybrid heated vapour. It has no clickers and needs a quad flame or bigger kitchen torch but it’s so good when you dial it in.

The bowl and heater are physically coupled and I’ve found I can get a very conduction dominant extraction with all the sedative, stony body effects and the roasty taste typical to conduction. I can also get a very convection dominant experience similar to the fusion and tempest if I desire. Very versatile bit of kit.

coolbreeze

Hi,
currently using DV M7XL in half bowl settings using torch / wand, now looking for something that can provide bigger hit with better taste.
I've heard a lot about Anvil and Dani Fusion 2 but I'm most convinced about the Tempest.

Anyone could share how those vapes behave/compare?
Which one will give best extraction for the same amount of herb?

I really like DV feel, I think I'm more conduction fan than convection... Can Tempest be conduction heavy hybrid?
Although testing Venty that has 0.3g bowl I feel more medicated using 2x half bowl in M7 :)
Is HyperDyn worth it? Or wait for just the tip + cap and buy reload stem?

All things considered I'm very happy about M7XL and just looking for an "upgrade".
It would be great to keep M7 as micro-doser and something else for bigger, punchier hits.
Hyperdyn's awesome, extremely medicating. I agree with @PrematureEvaporation that the Thermal Accumulators bear looking into for the same reasons, they are so good. They also have a bigger matrix I think and can kill the bowl in one heating. The VerdaVap is a similar ballvape pen, but I think it has even more conduction in the mix. That one's a ton of fun too. The TAs will fit standard Dynavap stems and both it and the Verdavap can be heated with a Blazer Firefox, a bit smaller than a kitchen torch. The Anvil and HyperDyn can be well-heated with a pocket torch.

im not a robot

you might also want to look at the vaphit. the price might mislead one into thinking that ok "for the price" this is may be an ok vape. and value is excellent, but it is one of my favourites now regardless of price. it is much more convection than dv, but i would argue that "for the price" you might as well try it and see if the signature suits you, it will also be compatible with your dv stem. taste is excellent, ritual just a bit more involved than dv but fun. for me, for many weeks now, top of my rotation

HedRokkaZ

I'd recommend the thermocore Anvil personally. If that's a bit out of budget, I love the Dani Fusion 2.0 too, but It's not quite in the same league as the Anvil for easy of use/one heat extraction. The Stunner is another awesome option, I enjoy playing with it, though i often reach for the Anvil instead! I wouldn't bother with the hyperdyn personally, it looked cool at first glance, but I'm seeing pretty underwhelming results for the price point now it's in general user's hands. I hardly touch anything but my thermocore Anvil now, though. It's been my daily driver since I got it, and I can't see that changing much anytime soon!

budski

cantre member
I like the feel and look of the hyperdyn, but it is just another over priced dyna stem with a bigger bowl, which I only bought for capsule use.

budski,
Reactions: eyevape

HedRokkaZ

I like the feel and look of the hyperdyn, but it is just another over priced dyna stem with a bigger bowl, which I only bought for capsule use.
On release i did think it looked awesome visually, the finish and it being all Ti was quite appealing but seeing peoples use videos since it landed it doesn't seem anything quite as special. I'd like one for my collection, but not until they are selling for a lot less pre-owned! :p

HedRokkaZ,

maremaresing

Not sure you can get a BFG Dani anymore, but I still really like using my V2's and V3. I always thought it as the "dynavap but bigger" that I was always looking for, and it is a beast with hash. (FWIW, the dynavap ti or ss tips are just okay for hash. I find they unevenly extract, where the Dani reduces it all to an evenly brown powder.)

I think that with the Dani, it's more conduction depending on how you pack it and how you heat it. A looser pack will be more convection, but when I pack it tight you get a nice thorough hybrid heating extraction. You can even do single hit extraction if you overheat it a couple seconds past the click.

I've not used the BFG Fusion (because I'm so happy with the Dani's), but I hear it's at least as good, with more adjustment. I certainly like the look of it.

The HyperDyn looks cool, but LMAO that price. I'm a bit salty that they told us for years an XL was impossible (ie they didn't care to design one), and I'm not interested in paying 2x a BFG Fusion for what I deem to be an inferior product.

Last edited:

Darth Gram Gram

I like the Dyna's conduction-heavy profile for hash, but find it underwhelming for frequent herb use. My FrankenVap (20M tip, Vong stem, replacement cap that no longer clicks) has become my hash stick.

PrematureEvaporation

Best hash vape I’ve had is the thermal accumulator.

I like to start heating the convection end and enjoy the flavours, then I’ll start dipping into the conduction end and really getting into the material. It’s a very relaxed session, alternating between gently puffing and reheating.

I feel the best hash vapes are usually ones that can provide a constant lower temp conduction to really penetrate the material and open it up a bit before you get things going with more heat. Rushing it with heat never seems to really get the best out of it

TheScamericann

I don't have an anvil but I owned a tempest for 6 weeks before selling it. The dani fusion 2.0 is the best butane vape ive ever used and it's my 2nd vaporite vape of all time, solo 3 is the best. The tempest is a cool vape, it's like the Swiss army knife of vapes but as far as performance goes It couldn't keep up with the dani fusion. I ultimately end up selling my tempest too a friend and after 2 months of owning it he's trying to sell it aswell. The dani fusion 2 coupled with their soon to be released induction heater would be the best option in my opinion.

Texus

Having had the Camouflet, Anvil, Dynavap, original TA and Tempest, I'd personally suggest Thermacore Anvil with XL mouthpiece. Consistently wins reach test, tho Tempest and TAs are great for less powerful hits (which can be done on Anvil but I can get myself in trouble if I don't pay attention).

Anvil remains the only portable I consider a true heavy hitter. And Thermacore in particular can really give that lovely blunt puffing experience (original TA also quite good at this). And just feels great in the hand. Plus fits 14mm F joints (If joint is deep enough).

And you'd have Forge and/or Tornado down 5he road should you so choose.

I think I will get Tempest first just to have something with different feel (and also because I'm overhyped and like looks of it) and then later probably will go with Anvil.

Will Anvil tip fit Tempest stem? By the looks of it - Tempest stem should provide better cooling?

So many people responded and I'm still struggling with final decision...
Yeah... I know... I should buy them all...

TheScamericann

I think I will get Tempest first just to have something with different feel (and also because I'm overhyped and like looks of it) and then later probably will go with Anvil.

Will Anvil tip fit Tempest stem? By the looks of it - Tempest stem should provide better cooling?

I honestly think you'll regrett coming from an m7 to a tempest. I really wanted to enjoy the tempest but it just wasn't it. You'll need to clean the thing everyday aswell otherwise the performance drops drastically. I'm a pretty heavy user and the tempest couldn't keep up with me, there was days where by the end of the night the device was too clogged and required a 2nd clean.

Texus

Cooling is the biggest weakness of the Tempest, and all but the wood Tempest stem gets uncomfortably hot for me.

I'm constantly amazed that the Anvil transmits so little heat to the hand, really excellent design there.

Also, we are so close to official Tempest release, you might want to wait for finalized version of everything, as opposed shortly needing to send for finalized clicker and VI.

Texus

I honestly think you'll regrett coming from an m7 to a tempest. I really wanted to enjoy the tempest but it just wasn't it. You'll need to clean the thing everyday aswell otherwise the performance drops drastically. I'm a pretty heavy user and the tempest couldn't keep up with me, there was days where by the end of the night the device was too clogged and required a 2nd clean.
That is interesting, do you recall what your set up was? I haven't had that issue, but don't recall what internal cooling set up I went with once wood stem arrived...

Texus,
You'll need to clean the thing everyday aswell otherwise the performance drops drastically. I'm a pretty heavy user and the tempest couldn't keep up with me, there was days where by the end of the night the device was too clogged and required a 2nd clean.
Arghhh...

I love my m7 because it's so easy to load, put in wand, take a cloud or two and be done with it. Don't have to clean it very often. It looks like Tempest might not be for me after all...

So Anvil should it be? Will it play with the Wand?

Texus

Arghhh...

I love my m7 because it's so easy to load, put in wand, take a cloud or two and be done with it. Don't have to clean it very often. It looks like Tempest might not be for me after all...

So Anvil should it be? Will it play with the Wand?
Anvil I have always quite liked with the Wand. Used that combo since it came out. Are there better, more powerful, pricier options for it? Yes, Forge and Inductor, but both have downsides related to size, cost, portability.

I've totally loved my on the go set up of Anvil and Wand in a Labetkomf leather case (sorry, think I messed up spelling). And a big fan of the Anvil tube with built in magnet that helps reloading when hot.

Farid

What is the heat up / cool down time difference between all these devices when heated with the same pocket torch?

Farid,

PrematureEvaporation

What is the heat up / cool down time difference between all these devices when heated with the same pocket torch?
In order of fastest to longest in my experience. Heating to click where applicable, and in the case of clickless TA to the point I’d get a decent few puffs of reasonable size. Also worth noting the fusion click is lower temp than the rest and most will heat 3-15 seconds past, depending on heating power applied.

DV>Dani fusion>Anvil>TA

The gap between fusion to Anvil isn’t crazy wide, and I feel if you asked on a different day I’d be just as likely to put those in a different order. Haven’t used the tempest but it seems somewhere around the middle from videos I’ve seen

I would also note that you generally wouldn’t use a DV sized pocket torch on the other three, and they can actually heat up the same or faster than a DV when using their correct torch. Cooldown obviously remains unchanged

Last edited:

lukepat

Using DV since 2020, then acquired the Thermocore Anvil beginning of 2024 for a heavier hitter, and finally the Dani Fusion to compare to the Anvil being that price point is much better. When describing these vapes to my friends, I usually use analogies to help them understand, so I will do so here as well:
Dynavap- one hitter / joint like experience with the added stoney-sedated effects of the conduction leaning extraction method.
Thermocore Anvil- blunt experience, big heavy rips with the larger bowl capacity, and hybrid extraction of convection / conduction leaving you feeling pretty medicated.
Dani Fusion- cigar puff-like experience with less air flow than DV and Anvil, has the same bowl capacity of the Anvil, and about the same level of medicated feeling as Anvil.
I think if price was a consideration go with Dynavap, it will keep your tolerance and stash in check.
If you wanted a good pairing down the road pick up the Dani Fusion and you have a really nice joint like experience with the DV and a stoney experience with the Fusion giving the bigger bowl size.
I think purchasing both DV and Fusion roughly would be the same cost of a single Anvil. If you are after the effects and price is not a worry then just get the Anvil, it wins the reach test every time.
Good luck. VAS rules. :doh:

Top Bottom