• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

shopdognyc

Mine is not the VROD version I think was Showerhead someone pointed out. Does not fit the Dnail dish but does work with the quartz they have on the site. Looking to try. Thanks for the feedback.

shopdognyc,

shopdognyc

Any tips on temp?

i've been running this older FP at 700. Tried twaxing with some cbd concentrate and just a bit harsh. Someone told me my temp too high. Any advice?

shopdognyc,
Reactions: slozukimc

slozukimc

Any tips on temp?

i've been running this older FP at 700. Tried twaxing with some cbd concentrate and just a bit harsh. Someone told me my temp too high. Any advice?
I am at 710 to get a good roast on the herb and melt the whole dab. It is a little harsh but if I turn it down the herb isn’t as dark as I like. I am hoping that improves with a proper carb cap.

shopdognyc

I am at 710 to get a good roast on the herb and melt the whole dab. It is a little harsh but if I turn it down the herb isn’t as dark as I like. I am hoping that improves with a proper carb cap.
Went down to 690 and just a speck of concentrate seems right combo

shopdognyc,
Reactions: Ramahs

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've been using my VROD at 660 for flower, and between 690 and 710 for concentrates.

slozukimc

Went down to 690 and just a speck of concentrate seems right combo
Went down to 675 with about .15g flower and a decent sized dab. Huge clouds, killer good flavor, great effects, a bit of dabs left in the dish, super easy to swab with no burning.

slozukimc,

delicatebunting

Excited to join this thread.

I have a 25mm coil for my enail - https://www.disorderlyconduction.co...isorderly-conduction-x-pelisaver-budget-enail

It says the XLR pin-out is:
Pin1, Pin2 are power for coil;
Pin3, TC+;
Pin4, TC-;
Pin5, Ground;

This looks to match the NewVape pin-out - https://www.newvape.com/products/20mm-coil-for-auber-rdk300a-controller
1 - Power (Blue)
2 - Power (blue)
3 - Thermocoupler (red)
4 - Thermocoupler (black)
5 - ground (yellow)

I ordered the 20mm replacement coil from NewVape, just hoping for a sanity check that this replacement coil will work with my controller.

delicatebunting,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Excited to join this thread.

I have a 25mm coil for my enail - https://www.disorderlyconduction.co...isorderly-conduction-x-pelisaver-budget-enail

It says the XLR pin-out is:

This looks to match the NewVape pin-out - https://www.newvape.com/products/20mm-coil-for-auber-rdk300a-controller

I ordered the 20mm replacement coil from NewVape, just hoping for a sanity check that this replacement coil will work with my controller.

You may have already read this NV article, not sure if it’s helpful.

delicatebunting

dadan

It has been at least 3 years since I last wrote here on FC but I am pleased to see that flowerpot remains a milestone in vaporization

here another happy showerhead owner

Any tips on temp?

I find it hard to think about an ideal specific temperature with any vaporizer, there are too many variables. Starting from the strain (which is almost never taken into consideration here, of course) to get to the moisture content of the material, but there are many more. There may be habits that each of us has as a personal standard. As far as I'm concerned it mainly depends on the strain, some are richer in resin, others less. Some material is dryer than other. It also depends on the state, at that precise moment, of my lungs. Some days work less well than others and are more irritable. I don't use the grinder with the flower pot. I usually start around 620 degrees with the cap and the whole flower (no grind, really whole), for the first shot, so as not to ruin any trichome, leaving them intact and tasty. then a stir after each shot, breaking more and more the material that produces steam obviously more and more dense, the last two shots around 665 degrees without cap.. Resins here are hard to find, other than CBD ones, but I remain a flower lover :)

tb42091

I use 665F on my vrod w/ 5 5mm sapphire pearls for both flower and double deckers. Lower is definitely doable, but I've found this to be my favorite temp that roasts the flower well and vaporizes the dab without being really harsh.

If you feel it is harsh, I'd turn down the temp and try it out. I did a pretty good amount temp experimenting when I first got mine, anywhere from like 580-720F, and that is how I landed on 665. :science:

SeymourButtz

Not sure if anyone’s tried this but I haven’t seen anything about it yet. Just got one of the Dnail vroom caps in, and it works insanely well on the Vrod for concentrates. Haven’t tried it with flower since i’m out at the moment, but for dabs it’s an actual game changer. It brings it into the next level and lets you get clouds at way lower temps than normal. Went from my usual 630 to 610 with no noticeable difference in vapor production, and the flavor is fantastic. Not as good as a tbucket or dcup ofc, but it can definitely go head to head with a normal enail and sic dish combo.

thevapist

Can't seem to edit the above post anymore, so please excuse two in a row.

Does anyone with a quartz dish on the VROD notice more drag resistance with the quartz vs SiC? Even with an empty bowl, I can feel more resistance with the quartz dish. The current SiC dish I have from NV has lots of play when it's on the head side to side, wonder if that is letting a bunch more air in.

thevapist,

Summer

Long Island, NY
^^ You can post 2 posts in a row as long as it's AFTER the 6 hour edit timeframe of your 1st post. After the 6 hours are up, the ability to edit the post disappears, so you have no choice but to have 2 posts (or more) in a row.

The brown part on the heat post is simply a cork type material spacer - like a washer added to a screw & nut.
It's the Phenolic Insulator, helps prevent heat transfer from the post to the base, so the base doesn't get so hot you can't touch it.

For temps on my VROD I'm liking 630 uncapped for flower and 666 capped for concentrates. I like to take long slow rips (15-20 seconds) so that may be why I'm on the lower side. Two rips usually finishes off the flower for me, three if it's moist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom