• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Removing the water will take some getting used
You’ve been hard at work. I used to go no water but I’ve decided water agrees with me better. It really is tasty dry though. I suffer from allergies and I feel the water cuts down how much flower particulate is inhaled. Dealing with water is a real pain. I’ve resorted to 6 drops of cranberry extract and a 1/4 teaspoon of sour salt per water change. ( Cranberry Extract Resource ) I don’t notice any flavor distorting my vapor. I try to change the water every other day and sanitize a couple days per week. The glass with the cranberry/salt mix just shines where before my glass was always clumpy with wax and residue. But I ramble...why are you experimenting with no water? 34526DB2-790E-4936-9006-27DA0E2DE433.jpeg
IDK how I could have put that much through my fury edge or dynavap.
It’s definitely the FP. 😂

Zoltani

If I inhale for too long I get throat irritation but also my lungs hurts and I get a feeling like I'm out of breath. So now I try to listen to my body and stop when I feel it's enough. Sure it's not as satisfying as a full inhale but I don't spend the rest of the night with a discomfort in my chest. Hopefully if I take it slow now I won't have health problems later.

It is so hard for me to break the habit of taking the fattest rips possible. It certainly irritates my throat and lungs when I have multiple bowls of big hits though. It gets to the point where I can't breath in for a minutes after a rip without coughing. Makes me really start to wonder about the long term effects of vaping. The thing about the FP, for me at least, is that it is so fun that it shoots my tolerance up and so I take 2 or 3 small bowls per session. As I said above I think that the main cause of irritation is just the sheer amount of material I am vaping, so maybe time for a tolerance break.

While I have irritation and cough while vaping, I do not have it when not vaping, lung capacity does not seem diminished, when I hike up a hill I don't feel like like back when I smoked. Hard to tell if the issue is acute or chronic, but seems to be more acute when vaping.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
It is so hard for me to break the habit of taking the fattest rips possible. It certainly irritates my throat and lungs when I have multiple bowls of big hits though. It gets to the point where I can't breath in for a minutes after a rip without coughing. Makes me really start to wonder about the long term effects of vaping. The thing about the FP, for me at least, is that it is so fun that it shoots my tolerance up and so I take 2 or 3 small bowls per session. As I said above I think that the main cause of irritation is just the sheer amount of material I am vaping, so maybe time for a tolerance break.

While I have irritation and cough while vaping, I do not have it when not vaping, lung capacity does not seem diminished, when I hike up a hill I don't feel like like back when I smoked. Hard to tell if the issue is acute or chronic, but seems to be more acute when vaping.
In my case I think it's the heat that causes me problem. I usually set my Vrod at 630 but the last few days I've been dropping the heat, my lungs and my throat are getting better. I'm now at 575 with no carb cap on and the discomfort in my chest doesn't last for long after I take a hit. In the end the extraction is the same but take more hit to finish, not a big deal.

You are right, it's so tough to stop trying to get the biggest hit every time. I always push myself too much and inhale until no air can get in. I think it's the combination of this and the heat that cause the shortness of breath and the scratchy throat. So now I plan to find what temps works for me on all my vapes and I try to limit my inhalation to a more reasonable size. It's always the idea that big hits inhaled fast will create the most intense effects but if I spend the rest of the evening felling like crap it's not worth it. I can do one of those a night but not every hit, it gets to the point that I don't want to vape anymore and we can't have that! But if I have to choose between this or going back to combustion the choice is easy and vaping wins all the way. With vaping the discomfort is only temporary but when I was smoking my lungs were clearly declining and I was always out of breath. I want to find new habits so I can continue to vape for a long time without doing damage to my health. At least with vaping I can play around and find what works for me, with combustion the options are more limited.

Gigsabits53

I am having the same issues with scratchy throat, cough. I know it's from vaping, at least I hope it is:uhoh:.
Might give lower temps a try and see if that helps. I normally run my PID at 630F and always cap my hits.
I also started using water, and surprisingly, that has not seemed to make much difference.
I need to get rid of this throat and chest discomfort.

cvs8floz

Chronic coughing is really not an option in Corona times when you have to work outside the home. I strongly encourage everyone concerned to always use water, lower their temps and cap their hits, let the heating coil do the work, not your lungs. Also blend in some CBD or look for strains that are rich in both CBD and THC, that will decrease throat irritation. I also advise people to take shorter hits and to do a basic inhale/exhale with a short pause between, do not hold the vapor in your lungs until you turn blue. Better to do more shorter/lighter hits than 20 second mega hits followed by 5-minute coughing fits. Hope to be able to vape into my 70s following these guidelines!

Coustu

Chronic coughing is really not an option in Corona times when you have to work outside the home. I strongly encourage everyone concerned to always use water, lower their temps and cap their hits, let the heating coil do the work, not your lungs. Also blend in some CBD or look for strains that are rich in both CBD and THC, that will decrease throat irritation. I also advise people to take shorter hits and to do a basic inhale/exhale with a short pause between, do not hold the vapor in your lungs until you turn blue. Better to do more shorter/lighter hits than 20 second mega hits followed by 5-minute coughing fits. Hope to be able to vape into my 70s following these guidelines!
Man you said a lungful! All of those things are GREAT suggestions! Especially the CBD mixing. Matter of fact, last week I ordered 1/4oz of CBD kief for this very reason! Super cheap at like $22! I grind my flower in a 4 piece, shake the kief off of it and collect it in a separate container. Then I mix the cbd kief in with the remaining flower (essentially replacing the THC kief with CBD kief) and put it in my (flowerpot) bowl. Best part of that is that I end up with a shitload of THC kief which I LOVE to vape by itself (flowerpot excels at vaping tiny amounts of kief alone) or mix it with hemp flower. Best of all worlds! Gonna go get me a tall glass of water right NOW.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I’ve read very good advice from fellow vaporists.
All on point.
Vaping is like almost direct sucking, very hot dry air with additives, to your lungs.
Technically like sucking from a hot hair dryer. First of all, I’d add water to the rig.
It’ll help cool down the air inside the rig, by percolating and “shaking it” to make it “lose heat” imho & e.
I’m not sure if THC vapor cool downs as fast as air, because if that was the case, all vapor will condense and get stuck inside the rig.
We clearly see that even adding a lot of water or whips, or dropdowns don’t stop THC vapor from getting to my lungs. Correcto???
Makes sense??
Even with ice, THC vapor will pass through, thankfully!!!!
I can’t tell if there are physical scientific proof of this, but after vaping for more than 8 straight years I can tell a big difference in my lungs by having water in the rig.
Water will filter many impurities too and etcs etcs also.

Actually, right now, my chest feels bad and tight, because of too much vaping too.
Like it takes extra lung 🫁 strength to vape like before.
I decided to microdose more often than taking those long long lung busting hits.

If someone have been vaping heavy hitters desktops for a long time (2013 EVO and the rest is history) , it takes a toll not only at your lungs, tolerance, and something that I’ve never paid attention before, but it gets real when you are 40yo plus, it’s “gum receding”.
Have anyone noticed that gum line has receded like 1mm after all those years of vaping??
I’ve read about it, and started to drink some water and make myself salivate more before and after taking a hit from any vaporizer nowadays.

I haven’t done ice 🧊 in a long time, but I’ve added dropdowns, extra down stems, lowering temperatures during winter, (since ambient air is already drier because of closed windows and house heating) and capping hits to lower pressure into your bowl, so temperatures can even go lower.
Vaping gives so many options to reach your desired goal without hurting yourself “so bad”.
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I’ll add, that after reading about and trying “warm” water instead of room temperature or cold, it felt more soothing and I coughed less. Unfortunately, I’m a bit lazy and don’t do it as often as I should. Give it a try, nothing to lose....

Zangano Cruel

I’ve tried hot water as well, and it has a nice smooth feeling as well.

Could it be warm or hot water, more related to micro water droplets (water vapor) that soothe lungs 🫁 , instead of the hotness of the water?

Because if I think about it, most likely THC vapor and hot convected air, from any heavy hitter convection vape, will be hotter than warm water.
Technically THC vapor and hot air will cool down, passing through warm water, unless water is same hot temperature.
Maybe really very hot water, will keep vapor as hot, like for example taking a direct WE hit at 666F from a J-hook.
Am I making any sense??

That’s why I started thinking more closely at warm or hot water as the real soother.

I believe there’s a thread that talks about cold or hot water vapor conditioning to mix within your hot convection THC & air ratio.

For example, there were talks of mixing a “humidifier with a vaporizer”.
Or with a nebulizer, like asthma “nebulizations”.

It would be interesting to vape more often in the middle of the mist of a very very hot shower.
Or doing old school grandma 👵 very hot water in a bowl, with eucalyptus seeds and leaves, and a towel on top of your head while you do “inhalations”.
Inhale a little bit of warm water vapors, and then vape weed on top, and then exhale.
Or having a hot water thermos with some essential oil drops, like a wide travel coffee mug with lid, open for a bit, inhale the hot water vapors, vape weed on top, and then exhale.
I believe I’m going to try this soon

Lung 🫁 health is important during COVID-19 times.
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!!!

p.s: daammm these herbs are strong :rofl:

Last edited:

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I received my AVB can and 14mm glass bowl today and am digging both!

The AVB can was a little smaller then I thought it would be but no worries. It is beautifully machined like all of New Vapes products and makes it real simple to get my bowl all cleaned out.

I'm still getting used to the glass bowl compared to the shovel head I've been using for a year but I like it. I initially didn't like the lack of a handle but the glass "doughnut" stays cool enough to handle the bowl. This would be a great bowl for micro-dosing as it seems to hold a bit less herb then the shovel head. I don't really like how the head of the flowerpot kind of hangs off of the bowl loosely compared to the shovel head but I don't feel like its going to fall off or anything.

murf2010

If you are asking the question.....

I've found a 48 hour break followed by reintroducing slowly helps a great deal.
Even 24 hours made a tremendous difference. 1-2 sessions a day but waiting till night is helping a ton

murf2010,

MikeRotchHertz

I received my AVB can and 14mm glass bowl today and am digging both!

The AVB can was a little smaller then I thought it would be but no worries. It is beautifully machined like all of New Vapes products and makes it real simple to get my bowl all cleaned out.

I'm still getting used to the glass bowl compared to the shovel head I've been using for a year but I like it. I initially didn't like the lack of a handle but the glass "doughnut" stays cool enough to handle the bowl. This would be a great bowl for micro-dosing as it seems to hold a bit less herb then the shovel head. I don't really like how the head of the flowerpot kind of hangs off of the bowl loosely compared to the shovel head but I don't feel like its going to fall off or anything.
Funny I thought the AVB can was bigger than expected. I do like using the SS brush but the point works just as well. It is very well machined and top quality.

My only complaint is that when it is in my circle stand, the two threaded holes for posts are too close and would be touching if a flowerpot was there. It limits me to just using the third screw post which limits me to just be able to have one head hooked up when I have a dual controller so i usually have both running simultaneously. It's not a big deal, I'm sure I could get more creative, but I wish my stand had just one more threaded hole for posts away from the inner circle

I really only bought the can with hope that the dual PID cover is manufactured again and it can be the centerpiece.

Vapefanatic

I'm thinking of buying the NV PID from China. Any reason not to get the dual PID? Is the single one better?

Vapefanatic,

MikeRotchHertz

I'm thinking of buying the NV PID from China. Any reason not to get the dual PID? Is the single one better?
Depends what you mean by better??

They both work the same but one controller gives you more options to have another device connected. No difference but 2>1

Also I just like the look of the dual aluminum cover more which im trying to acquire next

Vapefanatic

It's crazy that the NV PID is so cheap from China. If you speak the language, we're talking less than $40!

Vapefanatic,

Zoltani

Excellent advice, thank you. Last night I experimented with lower temps, trying 590, 600, and 610 for the weedeater, also taking smaller hits. I finally settled on 610 as this produced satisfying tasty vapor while remaining smooth enough to not cause coughing and tightness in the chest. There was some typical drying and slight burning of the throat after many sessions, to be expected, but not unmanageable. Now I ask myself why I ever went so high to begin with on the controller. Part of it has to be the open airflow with the weedeater, which was completely new to me in a vape. Higher temps allow for shittier technique while still producing good results. I have also been chasing that feeling in the chest like when you smoke since I started vaping I think, and the FP can certainly deliver that without combustion. At 610 I do not get that same "satisfaction", but honestly these days IDK how satisfying it is if it causes me to cough my ass off.

Another thing I did last night was add more water to my piece which allowed for more chug and diffusion. It's been recommended to me to have the water level just over the holes, but I think that for me having the water level an inch above the holes produces better results and flavor is not affected too greatly.

That is my experience for now. I will try to not let my temps start drifting higher, as I have done in the past when trying lower temps. I will update after a few days at this temp to see if irritation comes back or not.

Vapefanatic

Question:

I have a G9 Tick Enail Controller and a Dual Controller on a China Rosin Press. I have the corresponding 20mm coils. Would either of them work on a FlowerPot? Looking to get a ShovelHead Bowl, Glass Bowl and Weedeater Head this coming Black Friday sale.

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
Question:

I have a G9 Tick Enail Controller and a Dual Controller on a China Rosin Press. I have the corresponding 20mm coils. Would either of them work on a FlowerPot? Looking to get a ShovelHead Bowl, Glass Bowl and Weedeater Head this coming Black Friday sale.
I made these a little while ago to show the exact dimensions of the coil. Hopefully it helps you! 20mmcoil-2_b6786a34-9f1a-409c-b165-6f69ab744d15_740x.jpg20mmcoil-1_31e72795-b8c3-4786-89a5-d64f3580f5e7_740x.jpg

Vapefanatic

I made these a little while ago to show the exact dimensions of the coil. Hopefully it helps you! View attachment 3853View attachment 3854
Thanks for the reply but I'm really not concerned about my coils. They will work I believe.

Has anyone used a cheap G9 Tick controller on their FPs? Does it work? I'm trying to avoid getting a controller from NewVape for my order. It just adds extra uncertainty to my package. I don't wanna risk the package having issues because of a controller (electrical product) not having certain certs. That is likely to happen with packages from US/EU.

Funny thing is, packages from China are always 100% smooth. Its like they never go through customs. It doesn't matter how dodgy the purchased item looks. It reaches me problem free. So if my current controllers won't work, my safest choice is getting a genetic NV controller from China. I've read that those work well enough.

Sorry for my weird question. You guys Rock!

Vapefanatic,

Zangano Cruel

Good morning.
Wake and Vake Back to Back to Back

WeedEater with inverted ShowerHead on top.
Went down to 656F in WE, SH still at 565F.

(in 1080p60fps)

First one was a warm up
Blue Dream strain

Second one was all about that cranky lungs 🫁 engine system starting and clearing up.
Tangie Sour strain

Third one, pipes all clean and running
Headband
Traveling through pages to another worlds

Stay vaped
Mantente de la mente

snamuh

ghost
Good morning.
Wake and Vake Back to Back to Back

WeedEater with inverted ShowerHead on top.
Went down to 656F in WE, SH still at 565F.

(in 1080p60fps)

First one was a warm up
Blue Dream strain

Second one was all about that cranky lungs 🫁 engine system starting and clearing up.
Tangie Sour strain

Third one, pipes all clean and running
Headband
Traveling through pages to another worlds

Stay vaped
Mantente de la mente
Is that the larger 34cm(?) version of that bong?

snamuh,

Zangano Cruel

Is that the larger 34cm(?) version of that bong?
That’s an Original 2012 or older Möbius Clear Matrix. I’m not sure if you can get this model, brand new anymore. Möbius is making a similar version nowadays
To answer your question, this model is the tallest of the Matrix. Probably around 34cm.
The Smaller one is called, Ion Matrix.

The newer Möbius Matrix close to my old OG is called Micro II Matrix.

4DD0EB3C-E2A6-4C8E-A1B0-80A2DCBB5DB5.png
F6A14A9E-441D-46B2-B292-26391C46E96F.pngCan seems a little bit thinner.
(Edit: same width and glass thickness)
I believe is as tall, but with a flat base.
(Edit: perhaps 1/2in taller to compensate for the loss of water volume from a flat base)
Different mouthpiece end.
There’s an easier to set, outside female joint, instead off an inside dewaar style downstem, way harder and not easy to master.
Matrix perc looks smaller as well.
(Edit: perhaps Matrix perc is smaller/less holes)

Progress has some better advantages, but most likely these are way more mass produced than early 2010s.
Still one of the best single percs for vaping imho & e till the moment.
Stereo Matrix is not as good imho & e, and physically 2 matrix percs so close together don’t make any sense. I have bith Chinese knock offs too, (single Ion and Stereo Matrix) they’re good, but not as clean as the OG Möbius Matrix from California.
Stay vaped
Mantente de la mente

p.s:
If I had the money, I wouldn’t doubt a second if this was my first high end scientific glass. Best perc ever for any of the NV FP lineup.
I’d totally get a new one.

2012 OG approximate measurements...
Can height 17cm/6.5in
BB20ECD2-8D84-4251-A790-7C9A3D5DF595.jpeg
Total height to end of mouthpiece 31cm/12in
93A8BE2C-6972-44D3-9C35-F25BDB3F3562.jpeg
Can width 7.5cm
116FAAE3-9DD7-4707-965B-46496C5C9D52.jpeg

cvs8floz

Excellent advice, thank you. Last night I experimented with lower temps, trying 590, 600, and 610 for the weedeater, also taking smaller hits. I finally settled on 610 as this produced satisfying tasty vapor while remaining smooth enough to not cause coughing and tightness in the chest. There was some typical drying and slight burning of the throat after many sessions, to be expected, but not unmanageable. Now I ask myself why I ever went so high to begin with on the controller. Part of it has to be the open airflow with the weedeater, which was completely new to me in a vape. Higher temps allow for shittier technique while still producing good results. I have also been chasing that feeling in the chest like when you smoke since I started vaping I think, and the FP can certainly deliver that without combustion. At 610 I do not get that same "satisfaction", but honestly these days IDK how satisfying it is if it causes me to cough my ass off.

Another thing I did last night was add more water to my piece which allowed for more chug and diffusion. It's been recommended to me to have the water level just over the holes, but I think that for me having the water level an inch above the holes produces better results and flavor is not affected too greatly.

That is my experience for now. I will try to not let my temps start drifting higher, as I have done in the past when trying lower temps. I will update after a few days at this temp to see if irritation comes back or not.
I am very happy to hear that you are on track towards a healthier, more sustainable use of cannabis, I have personally settled on 585 for temp with the cap on. I know that tilts the balance heavily towards conduction but who cares, I don't subscribe to the theory that convection is the purest form of vaping and everything else should be frowned upon. Same with water in your glass piece, I would trade a 5-10% performance loss for healthy lungs anytime.

Top Bottom