• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Alexis

When the dish is really gunky I would apply distilled water with an eye dropper and let it lift the gunk off. If the dish is stuck to the titanium I would turn the temperature up til it loosened, could also be hit with a torch briefly to loosen up. The picture above with very slight amount of baked on carbon could definitely be cleaned without removing the dish though.

Have you considered qtipping the nail when you're done with a dab?
I should do this. I personally never once dabbed on my Showerhead.

But a good mate visited a while ago, bringing with him some top quality Herb and also some decent concentrate.

Having the Showerhead permanently slid under the Armchair is always appreciated at such times.

My mate loves using the Showerhead every time. He is day by day a pure blunt smoker, and torch dabber.

But he still loves using the Showerhead, even the inferior Ti dab surface.

I did not clean it after he dabbed on it but should do si in future I think.

murf2010

Man the flavors are unreal sometimes with this! GAS. GG#4

Itching for a new grinder. Got an awesome Santa Cruz but wanting to get the new vape grinder.

DayN'Nite

does anybody know what the actual temp on the dish is when you take a dab? lets say the temps set at 650, also how would you guys compare the experience w dabs on this vs an enail ?

DayN'Nite,
Reactions: Mangu

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
does anybody know what the actual temp on the dish is when you take a dab? lets say the temps set at 650, also how would you guys compare the experience w dabs on this vs an enail ?

Your actual dish temp is going to vary based on your controller and other variables I might be a little too baked to think of, been a good night with the flower pot :science: There's good reading earlier in this thread and in the other New Vape product threads about using different thermometers/probes to measure the dish temp which you could use to adjust your controller temp. Personally I just do it by feel and experimentation.

My V-Rod isn't a bad dabbing device at all but I do prefer my e-nail as a daily set up. It's easier to load a banger or insert then it is to load big dabs into the sic ring on top of the V-Rod. I'm also able to run at a lower temperature and get smoother more flavorful hits. I don't regret going with the V-Rod because twax hits are dope(literally:haw:) and I appreciate the versatility but I tend to mostly use it for flower.

murf2010

Favorite morning/day/night temps? Want to hear what all you guys set your gadgets at depending on the time of day!?

also anyone here use terp pearls with the vrod ? I want to up my dab game if anyone has any suggestions! I’m taking about a half grain of rice size dabs right now. Get decently medicated but not like manual breathing or anything. Been dabbing live sauce on the rocks of cherry pie and live budder GMO.

murf2010,
Reactions: tb42091

710yota

also anyone here use terp pearls with the vrod ? I want to up my dab game if anyone has any suggestions! I’m taking about a half grain of rice size dabs right now. Get decently medicated but not like manual breathing or anything. Been dabbing live sauce on the rocks of cherry pie and live budder GMO.

I have two 5mm sic terp pearls that live more or less permanently in the top of my v-rod. I do feel like they give me bigger hits while dabbing and might even be beneficial when capping flower hits. At the very least its fun to hear them spin around, just be careful to not uncap until the spinning stops!

Justpassedu

Hey all , long time . Quick question - I need a new Enail/PID for my Vrod as it has the older style coil connection. Upon searching Nv's site I see the single Pid lists -
  • REV 2 uses XLR - 5 pin connection. Began shipping 7/21/20
Is this the correct connection or has it been changed as my coil was purchased over 1yr ago ?

tb42091

My controller pretty much stays on 665F all the time now.

100% recommend terp pearls for the vrod dish. I use 4 5mm sapphire pearls in my dish, they help with dab vaporization and the 2 hole directional cap spins them up nicely! I also think they make a difference for me when doing flower only with the vrod with the carb cap on. A more even and thorough browning IMO.

That being said, you may curse them a few times as you accidentally knock them out either qtipping or getting the dab off the dabber etc.... I can't tell you how many times I've done it and then had to spend 5 mins searching through the carpet, in which it has likely melted into, on my hands and knees :lol:

But they do make a noticably positive difference IMO :science:

Mangu

Gotta admit I don’t use the vrod dish much for dabs. Got the vrod with the intent to use the sic dish as a Main dab device but like others here I 1) found the dish always got way too gunky in short time no matter how often q-tipped 2) the temperatures for dabbing don’t quite correlate with optimal dry herb Vaping temps 3) the concentrate was usually less flavorful And enjoyable through that sic dish. I’ve concluded sic is not the great surface it’s been hyped up to be for dabbing.

I’ve used glass terp balls in there and think it helped distribute the concentrate a little more - definitely enjoyed hearing them spin around the dish. But again, just didn’t give me the experience I hoped for. One thing I’ve preferred is to drop a little dab right on top of a packed herb bowl and enjoying the conduction effect on the concentrate. My choice temperature for the vrod is right around 635F on the Auber but imagine results will vary based on controller/coil setups.

With that being said, ever since the vrod came into my life I don’t really use any of my other vape. There’s a lot of nice options out there and I’ve tried several, but I turned to vapes as a healthier alternative to smoking and the only machine that really quite literally takes my breath away has been the vrod. The load size and heating power do it for me by providing the robust cloud and effects I was more accustomed to from smoking.

My suggestion for anyone dealing with an extremely gunked up and stuck vrod head is to avoid using concentrate in it for a good while. After about a week or so it appears that the leftover residues either become extra brittle from being repeatedly reheated or they just vape away.

Peace y’all. Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe and keep enjoying your flowerpots!

My controller pretty much stays on 665F all the time now.

100% recommend terp pearls for the vrod dish. I use 4 5mm sapphire pearls in my dish, they help with dab vaporization and the 2 hole directional cap spins them up nicely! I also think they make a difference for me when doing flower only with the vrod with the carb cap on. A more even and thorough browning IMO.

That being said, you may curse them a few times as you accidentally knock them out either qtipping or getting the dab off the dabber etc.... I can't tell you how many times I've done it and then had to spend 5 mins searching through the carpet, in which it has likely melted into, on my hands and knees :lol:

But they do make a noticably positive difference IMO :science:
Ditto on losing the damn hot balls! :doh:

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Hey all , long time . Quick question - I need a new Enail/PID for my Vrod as it has the older style coil connection. Upon searching Nv's site I see the single Pid lists -
  • REV 2 uses XLR - 5 pin connection. Began shipping 7/21/20
Is this the correct connection or has it been changed as my coil was purchased over 1yr ago ?
They changed the connection. Your coil is now called a legacy coil. I think the only Legacy PID option available at the moment is a dual PID which I believe you just sold.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Favorite morning/day/night temps? Want to hear what all you guys set your gadgets at depending on the time of day!?

I use the same temp no matter what time of day it is.

I've been using 635F for some time, but I recently migrated to 666F because I can draw a bit faster, and of course 666 is a feel-good number to be able to use :)

710yota

I typically use three different temps depending on the bud and how I am feeling. The ever popular and devilish 666F as a general go to temp, 680 when I want a little bit more heat and 700F when I want to really milk up some glass and crush bowls quickly. This is using the New Vape controller and as always your mileage might vary on temps. Experimentation is the fun of the Flower Pot, we can all be mad scientists here :science:

Socks And Sandals

I don't use my card cap with only flower. I've been running mine at 635F. I can easily milk my glass by simply drawing slower.

Of course, I've been able to milk a medium size glass piece using only an MFLB, so I've had plenty of practice with super slow draws in my younger vaping days. That required SIGNIFICANTLY slower draws than this ever could.
I've been experimenting with draw speed like you have mentioned but I still find myself gravitating back to the carb cap. Only difference now, is I see what you mean without it. It could be the low temps I use but it just doesn't milk up the glass like the cap does. For the most part I always start at 600F and usually finish at 630 or 640. This could also be related to the moisture of this "Hot Box" brand flower. I've been leaving it sit in the closet with the lid off overnight and it seems to really help with the moisture.

The one thing I do notice is how much smoother it is without using the cap.. which is very airy and similiar to my Evo. I have been playing around with using the carb cap after about 3 seconds of super slow drawing just to get it going at 1/4 of the way open. I'll keep experimenting for sure, but I think I may prefer just playing with the cap.
Welcome to FC my friend. Sounds like you’re understanding. I am sensitive to high heat. I use a Vrod with more thermal mass which I find allows me to run at lower temps. I usually hover around 600f. I also raise the screen up in the bowl which brings the herbs closer to the head requiring less temperature. I do use a carb cap which also adds to temp reductions. All this combined with draw speed and restriction will change what temp is settled on. I’d look at the VRod too but I think you would also be happy with the WeedEater if you’re strictly a flower user.
Agreed 600F for me seems to be a good starting point, You can easily finish off a bowl at 600F it just takes a little longer with a few more draws. I usually start at 600F and finish at 620 if the herb is dry and I'm using the carb cap.

Glad I'm not alone with this. Depending on how cashed your bowl already 650F to me, is just too hot. But then again it could be the strain and the moisture too. So many variables I know man..
I run my WE anywhere from 700-777. Usually low 700's for daytime and 777 for evenings (Auber 300). The other Auber I have running at 535 on the Supreme V6. I get scientific by the amount of herb, draw speed, and temp. I've found I generally like a hotter temp setting than is recommended. I'm not a session guy, just a pack and rip man. If you use the EVO like the I did to mimic bong hit you'll probably like the 700's.
So due to the less mass the WE really does need to be ran hotter than the Vrod then? And even moreso with the glass bowl I'd imagine? I am actually considering the WE in addition to my Vrod but I would only do this if there were some significant advantages. I'd love to bring this up in a discussion later when I'm ready.

I'm just wondering how much less harsh it is than the Vrod if anything, and since it wasn't designed to be used with a carb cap, I'm just a tad bit skeptical since I'm having so much fun playing with the carb on the Vrod.
@Socks And Sandals - I had the same issue after I got mine and after marring up the dish nut I gave up and eventually the resin cooked through and I could remove it.

After that experience, when I qtip off my dish after a dab now, I also qtip off the top of the dish nut. The cap and the pearls often spray oil all around in the dish. I also have to qtip off the underside of the carb cap. Good luck and Godspeed
I haven't got the pearls yet because they haven't got the ones that fit the Vrod back in stock yet but it seems like they really make a difference in distributing the oil evenly.. and some here have said it even benefits flowers so I do plan on picking up the 5mm when they come back in.

I always Qtip the dish immediately, but I don't use distilled water or Iso. Should I be? I keep seeing these little glass stations that hold qtips and has a vial to store either iso, distilled water or whatever cleaning agent you choose. I'll pick up one of these down the line eventually, but yes I do swab out immediately after ever dab. What's funny is, it keeps smoking for nearly 3 to 4 minutes after sometimes.. Hope that's normal because Im only using half a grain of rice.
When the dish is really gunky I would apply distilled water with an eye dropper and let it lift the gunk off. If the dish is stuck to the titanium I would turn the temperature up til it loosened, could also be hit with a torch briefly to loosen up. The picture above with very slight amount of baked on carbon could definitely be cleaned without removing the dish though.

Have you considered qtipping the nail when you're done with a dab?
Hey Inverted,

Yeah I always qtip the dish immediately after the dab.. I usually find myself waiting a good 2 to 4 minutes for it to burn off before taking a flower hit though!

Do you apply the distilled water with the eye dropper immediately after swabbing it out after the dab? While it's still hot I assume? This is the first time I heard of using distilled water instead of Iso.

The other thing I've been meaning to ask is.. I've been soaking the SIC dish with the TI.. sometimes overnight.. Do you think this could do any damage to it?
I know I slightly loosen, and lightly finger-tighten, both threaded joints (the actual two pieces of the head, and the nut that holds the dish on) before turning it on every day. If there is any resistance at all, I would take it apart and clean it before using it.
That really does sound like the thing to do. The thought of having to use a Wrench and the wrench flats to grip and to separate the two halves scares the hell out of me. Hopefully that will never happen because I really don't want to scratch it.

Is there a particular grade of Scotch Brite or sanding pads that we are supposed to use? I checked the "Cleaning and Disassembly PDF at NV.com and there was no mention. I've experimented with the Scotch Brite I have on my older scratched up VROD head (remember that? :) ) and it doesn't seem to scratch it at all.. If anything it appears slightly more matt than shiny now and I like that!

Last edited:

Zoltani

I use the weedeater pretty often at 666F, but this herb I have lately seems to do well with lower temps. I am running it at around 620 with good results.

It really does seem to depend, and I find I get the best performance with changing it up a bit depending on what I have on hand. Oddly enough some herb that was overdried then rehydrated with boveda packs seems to take higher heat than properly cured bud, same strain just dried and cured differently. I wonder if that is a function of more developed cannabanoids and terps in the properly cured flower?

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
nah I think he said he tried it and it makes no difference. My threads look like his, and it unscrews from touching it repeatedly, let alone debowling with it.
NewVape said this is how the threads should look. They still seem short to me and don't match the threads shown on the video I linked.
Yeah but he said he tried doing it clockwise, which loosens the threads lol.
Words :rolleyes:, I meant counterclockwise or anticlockwise or notclockwise. :lol: It does help but not completely.
If youre rough on the spike maybe some loctite could do the trick, should be fine on aluminum. Some of them are weak and will break loose with a little heat and a bump or two, which would be perfect.
NewVape said they have never heard of the issue before but recommend blue locktite.

If you have the same or other issues, LET THEM KNOW. Companies and products get better from our feedback. :rockon:

thevapist

Some blue locktite will work perfectly. I didn't really use the spike, I switched it out for the brush. Which I barely use either, since If I dump while hot it falls right out. When you let the AVB cool down in the bowl though, yea it can get stuck.

Not sure if those washer things they supply would work as well.

Top Bottom