Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@SeYc Welcome to the tread and FC! I’m In the US so I can’t really advise though I sympathize with you. Wanting a FlowerPot and not being able to get it instantly and having anxiety about shipping and customs is no way to live. I’m in love with my NV stuff and honestly if it was $65 keeping me from it I wouldn’t blink twice at pulling the trigger. I hope you can join the club soon!

Socks And Sandals

Yep yep, torching Ti isn’t my choice either, tried it already, with no good results. But other people results may be different.
And me too, I torched the 1 holed 2018 OG VROD Carb cap version, and it didn’t came that well.

First try to upload at 4.6MB didn’t upload.
2nd try with “Large size” worked and it isn’t sideways.
View attachment 2102

Second picture shows a close up, of why I didn’t liked torching Ti.
In my case, whatever was glued/melted/oily to that specific area, left a different stained patch, it looks anodized, but shines different, and you can clearly see the spots, it’s at the bottom line of the carb cap.
I stopped immediately after I saw the different spotting.
Some people don’t care, I kind of care a bit.

First try didn’t upload, changed to “2.1Mb Large size” and it did upload fine.
View attachment 2103
Have you tried using a smaller size photo upload??
Instead of “actual size”, start downgrading size, till the post allows you to upload it in the correct size and way.
In my case, pictures are taken with an iPhone, and some pictures upload on Large size the right way, and others I need to upload them on a smaller size to even upload or be right Ymmv.
Good luck.
Nice to see you posting, it’s been a long time I don’t see you.
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

If I remember right the file limit is 2mb and under? I dunno I also ran into few issues especially using Imgur. I see exactly what you mean from these pics right here.. about the spotting.

@EmDeemo I went a head and ordered a new head. My first Tolerance Break in nearly 4 years will begin on Monday so I'm going to use this opportunity to try to salvage the head enough to sell it. I left an additional note with the order to be sure my new vrod is throughly inspected by QC. I'm going to be so careful with this new vrod.. NO cleaning anything around my desk till it cools off for an hour or 2 first!

That was a $115 lesson learned..

Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: Ramahs

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@Socks And Sandals Im happy things are working out for you and you have a new head on the way, though it did cost $$. I’m still curious why you think you couldn’t fix your damaged Vrod? I get buying a new SiC dish. That would worry me too but contaminates can be burned off, metal can be polished, cleaned, and burned off again. I probably would have used 0000 steel wool to even out the finish. I use it on firearms to remove rust flecking with out removing the delicate bluing finish. I’m curious... am I missing something?

caliganja420

Weedeater keeps combusting at 666. What am I doing wrong. The only thing I can think of is I am leaving the head on the shovel head bowl for too long 10-15 seconds? It combusts at the 2nd or 3rd hits. I don’t understand. Could it be blowback?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Weedeater keeps combusting at 666. What am I doing wrong. The only thing I can think of is I am leaving the head on the shovel head bowl for too long 10-15 seconds? It combusts at the 2nd or 3rd hits. I don’t understand. Could it be blowback?

I get toast above 600f, small .2 loads. PID settings, amount of weed, humidity, etc. can make differences. Find the temperature you like with your own setup, and discard publicly posted temps.

rollerskater

First thing i would try - because vaping at 666 is metal and wanting to do it is good 🤘 - is inhale faster, maybe much faster depending how you're doing it now. You definitely don't want the air between the herb and the heater head to get superhot, so airflow is the name of the game. Second thing I would do, related to that, is take the head off between hits! If you find you need to hit it too fast for your liking and can't leave it as long as you like between hits, def lower the temp! There are a few variables you can play with for your unit (temp, draw speed, amt of weed, etc) but each of these variables will only be consistent for your setup and what you find ergonomic.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Yeah. Don't tamp the load down. Just use a tool to slide it into an even layer, but don't tamp at all. You want the air to move freely through the herb.

Also, either try inhaling faster, or lowering your temp, to stop getting to combustion territory. Those are the two ways you lower the temp of the air hitting the herb. The higher the temp, the faster the inhale.

I've found 635F to be my sweet spot with my favorite glass piece. But if I used a different piece of glass, then my favorite temp, and my preferred inhale speed may be different. Experiment with those factors to try to find your sweet spot with your preferred glass.

Everybody has a unique combination of those three things (glass piece, draw speed, temp setting) that gives them their own sweet spot. Experiment and find your own! @Rollingstoned

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
That blue colour, @Socks And Sandals , I think thats what the vrod would looks like after a torching. So you could get it one uniform colour, or a nice colourful pattern.

@started@52 is that a torching that gave you that colour?

“No Sir, just use. I torched the carb cap and it came out meh.

@EmDeemo I went a head and ordered a new head. My first Tolerance Break in nearly 4 years will begin on Monday so I'm going to use this opportunity to try to salvage the head enough to sell it. I left an additional note with the order to be sure my new vrod is throughly inspected by QC. I'm going to be so careful with this new vrod.. NO cleaning anything around my desk till it cools off for an hour or 2 first!

That was a $115 lesson learned..

@Socks And Sandals
So, there you have another example, that according to this guy, “I’m overcompensating” 😂😂🤣🤣🤣
something jajajajajaja jajajajajaja
I’ll say it again to be clear, because you said that you were anal/OCD about “a clean VROD head”, if you torch your VROD, you aren’t going to get OCD even anodized. You’ll get heat anodized patches, that you’d most likely don’t like, but ymmv.
Convince yourself. But do not “overcompensate” like seems I do!!! 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣
Stay vaped!!!
Mantente de la mente!!!

Yung Coconut

Depends on a lot of things. How are you packing the bowl, what glass you're using, moisture content of your material, your draw speed etc. I use 630F on one of my glass pieces and 666F :rockon: for the other. Never combusted with my Vrod.

And how would blowback cause combustion? Are you not removing the head at minimum to clear your piece?

Last edited:
Yung Coconut,

Zangano Cruel

Many already answered your questions, but yes, leaving the WE head on top of the bowl, for 15 seconds, at 666F, will do it sometimes.
666F is my favorite temperature since day one 🤘🏽
So many variables, if you pack too much, too tamped, inhale too slow, too fast, capped no capped, dry or moist herb, so so many variables.
But I’ve had so good results at 666F, even with glass bowls. Definitely do not let sit the WE on a glass bowl for 15s.
What kind of screens are you using??

Next video, show the technique I adapted, on this 666F WE, capped with an inverted 565F SH.
No combustion, but it really roasts it to dark chocolate 🍫 color.
I’ve combusted this way many times too, or by capping the WE, or by pushing too hard the load.
Is it warmer weather all around your area lately??
It can be another reason too, drier herb, hotter room temperature, etc etc.
These kind of hits, reminds me of a Sublimator. Kind of same principle, but not as harsh.
It vapes the load in a single hit. It’s intense, like a Sublimator, but feels as hot and strong as well.
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGx...0p2dddvqe9&story_media_id=2374754721607905330

http://instagr.am/p/CD02ORYnuD2/

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I vape at 660 and never combust, with a draw so slow the bong barely functions lol when I do preheat the bowl I pretty much never do it for anything other then the first hit because after the material is dried out and I don't think it needs the help. I also recommend smaller bowls between .1-.15 so you can finish the bowl off in 2 hits with a stir. Definitely don't pack your bowl, you want it loose. Leaving the head on to contain blow back still shouldn't cause combustion since it would only come in contact with the head for a fraction of a second but I can't say for sure because I remove the head and bowl at the end of my draw.

caliganja420

Thank you all for the detailed replies. I have been using my Vrod for 6 months and have never combusted once. Until I got the weedeater. I do get a blowback, but very little. I do NOT tamp my load and just pack enough to cover the screen. I have combusted nearly once a day since I got my WE last week. When it combusts I can see a little part of my bowl which starts charring and it stains my screen black. I just got my newvape USA 3/4” screen so I don’t really want to combust again and ruin this screen lol. I believe my issue is leaving the WE on the shovel head bowl for too long before my draw. My wife hasn’t combusted yet with the WE, only me. I will try leaving the WE for 5 seconds on the bowl instead of letting it pre heat the load.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Thank you all for the detailed replies. I have been used my Vrod for 6 months and have never combusted once. Until I got the weedeater. I do get a blowback, but very little. I do NOT tamp my load and just pack enough to cover the screen. I have combusted nearly once a day since I got my WE last week. When it combusts I can see a little part of my bowl which starts charring and it stains my screen black. I just got my newvape USA 3/4” screen so I don’t really want to combust again and ruin this screen lol. I believe my issue is leaving the WE on the shovel head bowl for too long before my draw. My wife hasn’t combusted yet with the WE, only me. I will try leaving the WE for 5 seconds on the bowl instead of letting it pre heat the load.
Are you using it with a different controller than the v rod? What does your coil say when cold vs the actual room temperature? I'd say mine reads 10 degrees hotter than room temperature

Bad Dog,

Zangano Cruel

Thank you all for the detailed replies. I have been using my Vrod for 6 months and have never combusted once. Until I got the weedeater. I do get a blowback, but very little. I do NOT tamp my load and just pack enough to cover the screen. I have combusted nearly once a day since I got my WE last week. When it combusts I can see a little part of my bowl which starts charring and it stains my screen black. I just got my newvape USA 3/4” screen so I don’t really want to combust again and ruin this screen lol. I believe my issue is leaving the WE on the shovel head bowl for too long before my draw. My wife hasn’t combusted yet with the WE, only me. I will try leaving the WE for 5 seconds on the bowl instead of letting it pre heat the load.
There’s so many variables, but by talking and talking, “we just give” “opinions”, “imho & e 😂🤣
Here I leave you with some pictures and videos.
Is that ok with you???

Left bowl: 2018 Panhead Ti bowl, 2018 OG Double Weave Ti screen (🥺not available anymore) on a 14mm post.
Right bowl: 2018 OG NV (China??) Glass Screen bowl plus really thin NV OG 2018 single weave Ti screen by NV. (still available??🤔)
6375A109-4819-46FC-855C-A82CBA9A482A.jpeg

Close up, so you can check how dirty the glass screen on the bowl gets, plus all the
“hashish ABV” clogging the glass screen holes and thin single weave Ti screen 🥺
Sorry, I’m a heavy user, cleaning this glass bowl daily is a pita and a chore, so it gets toothpicked soft poked, and soft hair brushed after every single bowl is cashed, and in a warm temperature. Do not let the ABV sit to cold at your bowls. That will certainly gunk up everything faster.
Dump and clean brush blow 🌬 while still warm.
E1767C2E-5282-44D1-9689-F6B11228CD48.jpeg

Here are the temperatures I took the first Ti bowl,
at 686F, even hotter than 666F, because I only loaded one spoon, approximately 0.05g
93419503-56A7-4792-8F92-A735DC83A595.jpeg

Pineapple Express is a nice testing strain. Last few nugs of this “infamous strain”

Part of the setup I threw in the videos... and WeedEater(686F) and ShowerHead(565F) temperatures.
53DA6B79-5307-47A5-8109-3A5F97358010.jpeg
You can see the Pineapple load barely covers the Ti bowl screen, just one spoon, compared on how full the glass bowl gets.
7264F096-B395-4748-B3C5-1DBB4E8AA22F.jpeg
Close up and spoon as measurement.
Approximately 0.05g
AFF1D0DE-85BD-4FBA-B06E-A657BDCD968D.jpeg

I “peg” the WeedEater 😂😂🤣🤣
7BFD32B9-7BBA-4CAD-9BDF-D6EE4D5BE72F.jpeg

Here’s the first video of that 0.05g Pineapple 🍍 Express load, at a 686F WeedEater, through the Ti bowl.

Here’s what the ABV looks like...
77D2461F-4B2C-4352-951A-C98454E46AAA.jpeg

Here’s a video of the same 0.05g, Pineapple 🍍 Express, at a 666F WeedEater, through the glass bowl.

This is 2x spoons of the same strain, approximately 0.1g on a hit
B932EE8D-E616-4357-918D-FF14BB1D931A.jpeg

Here’s a 666F WeedEater, topped with an “inverted” ShowerHead at 565F.
Dracarys clouds 💨💨💨💨💨
Enjoy in HD 😂🤣

Remains of ABV, I might get a wispy extra hit, but flavorless and risking combustion.
Lights deceive, it is darker ABV.
F06F5B27-F716-4801-B8B9-11AF3A36957F.jpeg

Good luck with no combusting anymore. It sucks to clean everything, and the oxidation/blackness the Ti screen suffers after combustion or torching it. I do not torch any screen nor Ti nor SS.
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

It’s OK with me, not sure how those address the issue, but nice photos....
Thanks thanks.
I really like my photos and videos!!
I didn’t knew you were Rollingstoned.
Excuse my insolence your highness 😂😂🤣🤣🤣 if I dared to post such ugly pictures, videos and information.
Im so so sorry to be so insolent!
It’s not going to happen anymore!

Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
It’s not going to happen anymore!
I like your pictures and videos brother. They’re worth a 1000 words when studied and then applied. Often leading to pleasing results for me. You are making picture books for stoners my friend. 😂 Any newbie or a seasoned veteran like @Rollingstoned can benefit from your very informative videos, pictures, and live streams on Instagram. Even a @RustyOldNail. You never know when you filter through what you might pick up. I certainly have taken advantage, thank you.

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

I like your pictures and videos brother. They’re worth a 1000 words when studied and then applied. Often leading to pleasing results for me. You are making picture books for stoners my friend. 😂 Any newbie or a seasoned veteran like @Rollingstoned can benefit from your very informative videos, pictures, and live streams on Instagram. Even a @RustyOldNail. You never know when you filter through what you might pick up. I certainly have taken advantage, thank you.

Thanks thanks thanks!!!! 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

(:cool:🤫But man, I told you to wait a little bit, now everyone is going to know “that I paid you” to say that!!!)
😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Joking as always my “Strayed El Zorro 🦊
You’ve abandoned me at my live-streams at Instagram man!!!
You “leeched & disappeared” as many others!!!😂😂🤣🤣
Where’s “your” YouTube Channel and “influencer online sales website”now???
😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣 Joking joking
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

Top Bottom