Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Socks And Sandals

shit, I feel sorry for you. Seems like it melted to your head. I guess a new dish could be enough, you can sand down the titanium parts and then polish them.... be careful but even if it does not look perfect - better save and clean vapor than a good looking vape...

if you happen to be in the Eu, I would happily bring your head back to like new if you pay shipping....

I was thinking that at first glance but then I noticed the sides were caked as well. I appreciate the offer but I live in the states. Thanks brother!
Oof, I feel for you. I accidentally touched my showerhead to a plastic bag but mostly wiped it off immediately. After that I turned the temp up to like 900 and left it to burn off the rest. There is clearly a different colored mark left on the titanium but the residue is gone and it works!

In the past, all of the parts to the heads were sold individually - though now they aren't included in the parts section - you might be able to email with NV to get the top half/new sic dish and not have to buy a whole new head.

Otherwise you could buy a new head and sell the one you have to someone willing to clean it up ro recoup some of the cost. Good luck!

Thank you for the suggestion, I was wondering that myself. if they could possibly just sell me a new top portion of the head only. I went ahead and emailed them and asked.. I should hear something from them tomorrow though.

Burn it clean. Scrub it clean. Its not ruined.

Oh I know it's not ruined.. I'm just really OCD about things. It's already been soaked and scrubbed with a scotch brite. Either way, I'm going to touch it up the best I can. If It still bother's me I'll sell it.. more than likely on here (if the classifieds are still open) for a steal.
Torch it. I'd hesitate to do mine but I wouldnt hit it until all of that was off.

After that 3 hour iso soak and after scrubing it with a scotch brite.. believe me I'm thinking about it. Can't see it making it anyworse as of this point.
lol man that's nothing! Should have seen mine when I dropped it on the carpet, or that red shopping bag! Too bad the photos don't show up here anymore, was pretty epic šŸ˜‚

Pretty sure I boiled it in distilled water to peel off the crud!

LOL well at least I'm not alone.. I gotta see those pics! :ko:

Anyhow... Just goint to wait to hear back from CS first and hear what they have to say. In the meantime.. Is this safe to be using? Apparently it melted into the sick dish, that scares me more than it being burnt into the TI. You guys think I should remove the sick dish before using it? I'm all flower now until next paycheck anyhow..

Socks And Sandals,

Socks And Sandals

Seriously, all torching it going to do is burn away the crud and change its colour.

I wouldnt use it while the plastic crud is still on it personally.

Burn it clean.
Yeah I soaked it in Iso for 6 hours today.. Sic dish for about 30 minutes, took a scotch brite and some recycled brown Iso (I cant find any anywhere lol) and scrubbed it. It still looks exactly as the pictures.. No difference. I'm thinking of turning the temp to 100 as someone already suggested to me and try scrubbing it with an Iso pad.. If that doesn't do it.. Torch her I will...

As I mentioned before, I'm more concerned about the sic dish bonding to the cloth than with the TI.. I'm using it tonight, there is no smell or anything.. Hopefully it's safe.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I also noticed this as well. Although the problem has gotten better as I'm learning to take a slower draw, I still have to clean the glass daily. So that double weave TI screen really doesn't help much? I received mine but am waiting to wear out my current normal ti screen first. I really didn't want a drop down but I may consider it because I also have small chunks above the water line and to be honest.. the tip of the carb cap is almost hitting me in the eye. For me, it's either that or get another rig. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Anyhow last night i did something really stupid. I was cleaning around my VROD and accidently draped a microfiber cloth over the head. There are now markings on the SIC Dish and the side of the top portion of the head. It still functions but it looks like shit and due to my OCD I'll probably be picking up a new head.

Been having trouble posting the pics but I'll try to get them up in the next 10 minutes if I can. It appears the microfiber cloth has definitely left marks.View attachment 2057
View attachment 2058
View attachment 2059
Edit: It still works, but I'm picking up a new head. I forgot to mention the microfiber cloth actually did stick to it for a split second.. And yeah the whole thing looks like shit now. Everything was soaked in ISO for nearly 3 hours.. this is still the result.. Very pissed, but you live and you learn.. I'll pick up a new head with my next paycheck.. yeah this bugs me badly.. I was just dusting the general area around my desk and I guess I just didn't realize I grazed the dish... :uhoh:

Same happened to me a year ago! Just leave it on at 777 for like 24 hours let it cool and scratch with your nails.. it worked for me!

thevapist

Remove the coil from the head and then torch the dish and head separately. You aren't going to be hurting titanium or SiC with a butane touch. You need high heat not 777. Afterwards rinse it all in ISO.

Nothing is going to bond to the SiC or ti... it will just turn to carbon and blow away.

Socks And Sandals

Same happened to me a year ago! Just leave it on at 777 for like 24 hours let it cool and scratch with your nails.. it worked for me!

I will, thanks man!
Remove the coil from the head and then torch the dish and head separately. You aren't going to be hurting titanium or SiC with a butane touch. You need high heat not 777. Afterwards rinse it all in ISO.

Nothing is going to bond to the SiC or ti... it will just turn to carbon and blow away.

I was wondering about the sic dish especially since most of the damage is on there. Good thing I kept my Blazer. The only problem is I got to find a pair of pliers to hold the head and dish, I'm sure there is one lying around here somewhere.
This thread make my head spin! What its the bare minimum needed for herb and the occasional concentrate? Money wise and product wise?

Thanks!

From what I've gathered, your choice of glass rig, PID Controller, coil and handle (buy both together so they can assemble the handle for you), Vrod head, a glass or TI Shovelhead bowl, a stand and a heatpost. You can always pick up extra's later.. That debowler stand is probably their most useful accessory. I thought the Debowler was going to be useless.. Boy was I wrong!

Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: Alegre

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I will, thanks man!

I was wondering about the sic dish especially since most of the damage is on there. Good thing I kept my Blazer. The only problem is I got to find a pair of pliers to hold the head and dish, I'm sure there is one lying around here somewhere.

From what I've gathered, your choice of glass rig, PID Controller, coil and handle (buy both together so they can assemble the handle for you), Vrod head, a glass or TI Shovelhead bowl, a stand and a heatpost. You can always pick up extra's later.. That debowler stand is probably their most useful accessory. I thought the Debowler was going to be useless.. Boy was I wrong!

Best case scenario, if you torch your SiC dish and VROD all assembled, youā€™re not going to like the end result. Trust me.

Torching will create heat anodized color patches, at the Ti places you point the torch, but ymmv.
If youā€™re saying youā€™re anal, OCD and organized, that VROD will not look the same if you torch it.

I did torched a little bit an OG VROD carb cap I have, and it totally created a darker anodized patch, that isnā€™t matching the rest of the natural anodizing.

You can totally torch the SiC dish by itself, find a brick šŸ§±, or at a fireplace floor, torch directly at the brick or else where youā€™re going to place the SiC to clean.
That will prevent termal shock of any kind. Minimizing any chance of breaking it by thermal shock.

But go ahead, please torch it!!!
I want to see how it looks after you do it!!
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

p.s:
Do the soft 100-200F warm up, and ISO wipe it.
Or use the 3M soft scouring pad, green or purple, the softer the better, with ISO.
NewVape recommendations by the way.
Iā€™m not making this up

Last edited:

Socks And Sandals

Hey I hope you all like your popcorn stale! Haha! :D

Best case scenario, if you torch your SiC dish and VROD all assembled, youā€™re not going to like the end result. Trust me.

Torching will create heat anodized color patches, at the Ti places you point the torch, but ymmv.
If youā€™re saying youā€™re anal, OCD and organized, that VROD will not look the same if you torch it.

I did torched a little bit an OG VROD carb cap I have, and it totally created a darker anodized patch, that isnā€™t matching the rest of the natural anodizing.

You can totally torch the SiC dish by itself, find a brick šŸ§±, or at a fireplace floor, torch directly at the brick or else where youā€™re going to place the SiC to clean.
That will prevent termal shock of any kind. Minimizing any chance of breaking it by thermal shock.

But go ahead, please torch it!!!
I want to see how it looks after you do it!!
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

p.s:
Do the soft 100-200F warm up, and ISO wipe it.
Or use the 3M soft scouring pad, green or purple, the softer the better, with ISO.
NewVape recommendations by the way.
Iā€™m not making this up
I'm definitely going to try heating the head first and wiping with Iso the best I can. When I said I would try torching it that would only be a last resort of course. I've seen what they can to ti and was kinda expecting that if i thought it would be better than looking at those marks.

and hey, If I don't like it, I'll pick up a new head when my budget allows it in a month or two.

I'm just hoping for some improvement really and yes if I do decide to keep it, I will be picking up a new dish. it's just too fucked I would think, but we'll see how she goes..

Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: EmDeemo

chaos_theory

The Dude abides
So I recently busted my D-Nail SiC Halo dish trying to get it out of the VRod to clean it. Being a few years old I was disappointed but glad to get another one. Fast forward and while ordering we noticed a bunch of new addons like terp perls and a newer channel carb cap addition which looks sick, so we ordered.

Long story short, the SiC Halo does not have high enough walls to match the height of the VRod screw retainer so the channel cap which is flat can't seal the dish :hmm:

IMG_2482.jpeg

On the other hand, the NewVape Quartz dish without the retainer nut we can get to seal and work 99%

IMG_2481.jpeg

My questions are
- Has anyone else used these type of carb caps on the flower pot successfully? ( I realize something like the t-bucket will work but šŸ’ø...)
- I am thinking of getting the SiC Nimbus which is a larger dish and might work? Has anyone used the Nimbus with the VRod?
- Is there maybe a way to add a heat retainer under the dish to push it up a bit?

Would be cool to have a design implemented in the next version that maybe has an inverted stem and retaining nut that screws the dish down and allows the top to be flush to accommodate these types of caps. Just thinking out loud on this one.

If anyone has any ideas let me know!

started@52

Speaking of carb caps....NewVape has the Vrod 2 hole OG carb cap available on their website right now in very limited quantities. I had to grab one. šŸ˜

OG VRod carb cap
Yea, I got tired of my universal carb cap getting glued to whatever I rested it on and emailed NV If they had an old one laying around, he replied laughing as he was listing them on the site next, lol. Pro tip, if you prefer a one hole just brake off a wooden toothpick in the other hole. Works great, or at least it did on my old one.

0DE7F20C-3F80-4004-AAAC-1F5B496A657A.jpegEB92B6A0-B1CB-4056-B443-54D3A36865AC.jpeg
The V-Eater;)
Edit: Anyone know why my pics are sideways? Theyā€™re not on my phone.

Attachments

• 253C81C4-9560-4358-B4AD-5FF82F530D1A.jpeg
    253C81C4-9560-4358-B4AD-5FF82F530D1A.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 8

started@52

That blue colour, @Socks And Sandals , I think thats what the vrod would looks like after a torching. So you could get it one uniform colour, or a nice colourful pattern.

@started@52 is that a torching that gave you that colour?
No Sir, just use. I torched the carb cap and it came out meh. @RustyOldNail, I like the weed eater 19 hole diffuser under the vrod head, especially for concentrates, hence the V-Eater, lol.

Chandler

Finally tried the new glass bowl. Shout out to @Bad Dog, I really like it. Took all of two sessions to get used to the ring n no handle. I'm currently at 528 with the glass, tonight I'll be experimenting on even lower temps. I enjoy having less titanium in my vapor path. So far the glass bowl and the stock screen stays cleaner than my ti bowl. No longer have to deal with that unknow black substance that the ti bowl would emit n stain my glass. I also think the size is perfect. Can't see why I'd return to the ti bowl outside of breaking this one. Should've got 2!!

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Finally tried the new glass bowl. Shout out to @Bad Dog, I really like it. Took all of two sessions to get used to the ring n no handle. I'm currently at 528 with the glass, tonight I'll be experimenting on even lower temps. I enjoy having less titanium in my vapor path. So far the glass bowl and the stock screen stays cleaner than my ti bowl. No longer have to deal with that unknow black substance that the ti bowl would emit n stain my glass. I also think the size is perfect. Can't see why I'd return to the ti bowl outside of breaking this one. Should've got 2!!

Thatā€™s the GROUND glass joint, acting as fine sandpaper, and pulling a little bit of the titanium metal, comes off with standard cleaning. The main reason never to insert a polished metal into a ground glass joint, like an expensive DV Simrell stem. I use both Ti and glass bowls, they both have their place for me.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Yea, I got tired of my universal carb cap getting glued to whatever I rested it on and emailed NV If they had an old one laying around, he replied laughing as he was listing them on the site next, lol. Pro tip, if you prefer a one hole just brake off a wooden toothpick in the other hole. Works great, or at least it did on my old one.

View attachment 2095View attachment 2096
The V-Eater;)
Edit: Anyone know why my pics are sideways? Theyā€™re not on my phone.

Yep yep, torching Ti isnā€™t my choice either, tried it already, with no good results. But other people results may be different.
And me too, I torched the 1 holed 2018 OG VROD Carb cap version, and it didnā€™t came that well.

First try to upload at 4.6MB didnā€™t upload.
2nd try with ā€œLarge sizeā€ worked and it isnā€™t sideways.
C5592E13-3576-4719-83AF-C1875A8B1AAC.jpeg

Second picture shows a close up, of why I didnā€™t liked torching Ti.
In my case, whatever was glued/melted/oily to that specific area, left a different stained patch, it looks anodized, but shines different, and you can clearly see the spots, itā€™s at the bottom line of the carb cap.
I stopped immediately after I saw the different spotting.
Some people donā€™t care, I kind of care a bit.

First try didnā€™t upload, changed to ā€œ2.1Mb Large sizeā€ and it did upload fine.
EA7C089A-D2C2-44B7-8E0C-54649425CE75.jpeg
Have you tried using a smaller size photo upload??
Instead of ā€œactual sizeā€, start downgrading size, till the post allows you to upload it in the correct size and way.
In my case, pictures are taken with an iPhone, and some pictures upload on Large size the right way, and others I need to upload them on a smaller size to even upload or be right Ymmv.
Good luck.
Nice to see you posting, itā€™s been a long time I donā€™t see you.
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

Last edited:

SeYc

Hi, new around here.

I'm planning on getting a Weedeater from Newvape soon but some doubts just pop-up. I'm from EU so I was expecting extra charge from shipping (and subsequent costumes duty), but 60$ for standard shippment and 65$ for express? I get the express should be expensive, but it's almost no difference between them. Was it always that high to send to EU? I think I remember a cheaper shipment around 35$

Vapefiend said they are gonna re-stock probably in a month. It's not gonna be actually cheaper (vapefiend prizes are higher), but I won't have to deal with customs, and shipment is way cheaper

Last edited:
SeYc,
Top Bottom