Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

thevapist

Temp cycles continuously from 580-650F, 580-610F is working nicely for a bowl heat soak. Then cycling up to 650F and back down (takes ~20-25secs,) plenty of time to milk that glass & jeez does it! Set up to kill off a bowl in a hit, digging .03-.05g :tup: ..

Where can I get a controller that does this? I have used the NV pid for years, but have always wanted something with a boost mode or something.

thevapist,
Reactions: tb42091

Sticky13

Last edited:
Sticky13,

thevapist

It would awesome to have a PID where I could have a normal "on" temp and another button/temp for a "boost" where it starts to climb to a target when you press it.

That site throws SSL cert errors and malwarebytes also complains about the download. I know it's prob fine, but I didn't DL it.

thevapist,
Reactions: tb42091

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
It would awesome to have a PID where I could have a normal "on" temp and another button/temp for a "boost" where it starts to climb to a target when you press it.

That site throws SSL cert errors and malwarebytes also complains about the download. I know it's prob fine, but I didn't DL it.
Auber 300B-V2. Does exactly what you want and has 3 'slots' for temp pairs (idle/boost). You can set a timer to stay in boost mode or on/off manually. Also has auto off feature if desired.

Gnome34

Does anyone have any tips to keep the head from getting stuck to the bowl? Every once in a while they get stuck together which causes a slight moment of panic! Often I have to turn the unit off and wait for it to cool before I can separate the two. Wondering if there is a safe lubricant I can use to help them stay unstuck.

Edit: I'm using the metal bowl and the weed eater head.

Last edited:
Gnome34,

androponic

vaped.
Does anyone have any tips to keep the head from getting stuck to the bowl? Every once in a while they get stuck together which causes a slight moment of panic! Often I have to turn the unit off and wait for it to cool before I can separate the two. Wondering if there is a safe lubricant I can use to help them stay unstuck.

a little beeswax on the joint is what is widely used. i have used chapstick and candlewax in a pinch.

rollerskater

I've been able to unstick them when that happens just by wiggling the wand a bit. Seems to happen to me when I just put the wand on the bowl and let it hang off, so its at an angle and thermal expansion sticks it up. Haven't noticed any sticking issues when making sure to keep everything properly mated, but could be selective memory yk!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
a little beeswax on the joint is what is widely used. i have used chapstick and candlewax in a pinch.

I believe the OP is having issues with the WeedEater head, getting stuck to the NV Ti bowl, so I wouldn’t add anything to that area as of course it gets hot. I keep my hand on my W.E., and have never had it get stuck.

As far as the the bowl or any other metal male joints going into my glass rig joints, I use these:

Not cheap, but even after heating, I can easily pull out a metal bowl, or my NV metal 14mm DCup rig. The PTFE sleeve is not in the airpath, and protects your glass joints. Ever see some grey “dust”, or markings on the glass joint when using metal ends, this eliminates that too.

thevapist

I would not put any substances on it either. It really depends on the bowl. My VROD head doesn't stick to the TI bowl, but the older NV glass bowl with handle sticks a little bit from the weight of the head, so I just don't let it rest all the way and "hold" it while taking a rip.

I've noticed that unless you are leaving the head on the bowl (which you shouldn't), sticking issues are mostly from the weight of the head on the bowl, and not the heat. I can prove this by taking a quick 3 second rip on the glass bowl. The glass is barely even hot/expanded, but the bowl is stuck from friction.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Never had a sticky bowl....... ever? Is it possible to sand down the bowl?

Bad Dog,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Dude, the Auber controller now does this thanks to me :)

EDIT: Oops, @bizwaxzion already answered this

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)

Hello there!

For how long are you letting the FP head stay on top of the Ti bowl??

Are you leaving the FP head on top of the Ti bowl after finishing your draw too??

Imho & e, FP heads, are better used “as a lighter” kind of. You “light up the bowl” certain time, you don’t keep torching your bowl after you finished drawing from your bong, correcto??
Meaning, you’ll finish your draw, and take off the FP head to rest in the Ti heat post, stir or tamp ABV, and draw again, and repeat till ABV is cashed and dumped.
In my 2 years plus, of heavily using the 5x FP heads I own, I’ve never or always tried NOT to leave any of the FP heads on top of any of the bowls.
Only time one of the FP heads was left for a long time, was a VROD heavily used for at least 50 people on the last 7/4/19 I went to, and I didn’t paid attention, and people left the carb cap on top of the VROD, on top of the Ti bowl.
Luckily nobody draw from it after that, because it’d have been instant combustion.
To wrap it up, Pro Tip, DO NOT LEAVE the FP head on top of any bowl, after your draw.
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!
http://instagr.am/p/CEMF4-BHcxg/

Last edited:

Gnome34

I never leave it resting on the head.

I think it occurs if it isn't perfectly flat. Like if there is a slight kink in the connection from the heater to bowl it gets stuck. It doesn't happen frequently but it sure is a surprise when it does!

caliganja420

Aside from the double weave screen, is there any other methods to keep all that plant matter from entering my glass? I have mentioned before how quickly and fast my rig gets dirty (yellow chunks above water line). I have tried placing a small rimmed basket screen under the screen in the shovel head bowl, but that seemed to get oily way to quick. I really don’t want to get an ash catcher or drop down because my bowl always sticks in the joint and it’s hard to get out, I prefer my bowl directly on my bong.
Should I try placing 2 screens in my shovel head bowl?

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Aside from the double weave screen, is there any other methods to keep all that plant matter from entering my glass? I have mentioned before how quickly and fast my rig gets dirty (yellow chunks above water line). I have tried placing a small rimmed basket screen under the screen in the shovel head bowl, but that seemed to get oily way to quick. I really don’t want to get an ash catcher or drop down because my bowl always sticks in the joint and it’s hard to get out, I prefer my bowl directly on my bong.

A very thin wisp of cotton wool or hemp fibre below the screen. It'll collect oil and be vapable once its 'full' of reclaim. You really only need the thinnest of wisps to catch all the tiny bits.

caliganja420

Give a Dropdown a second thought. I use one with the FP and it works great. Big difference

ordered a double weave screen again, hope that helps.

I just received my Weedeater and it’s near identical to my Vrod. I don’t do dabs either so I’m really enjoying the smaller profile. Running at 666 as Zancru mentioned, very good temp for the WE. I must use a carb with my WE though, i does not extract as well nor as fast.

Socks And Sandals

Should I try placing 2 screens in my shovel head bowl?

I also noticed this as well. Although the problem has gotten better as I'm learning to take a slower draw, I still have to clean the glass daily. So that double weave TI screen really doesn't help much? I received mine but am waiting to wear out my current normal ti screen first. I really didn't want a drop down but I may consider it because I also have small chunks above the water line and to be honest.. the tip of the carb cap is almost hitting me in the eye. For me, it's either that or get another rig. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Anyhow last night i did something really stupid. I was cleaning around my VROD and accidently draped a microfiber cloth over the head. There are now markings on the SIC Dish and the side of the top portion of the head. It still functions but it looks like shit and due to my OCD I'll probably be picking up a new head.

Been having trouble posting the pics but I'll try to get them up in the next 10 minutes if I can. It appears the microfiber cloth has definitely left marks.20200825_192629.jpg
20200825_192802.jpg
20200825_192805.jpg
Edit: It still works, but I'm picking up a new head. I forgot to mention the microfiber cloth actually did stick to it for a split second.. And yeah the whole thing looks like shit now. Everything was soaked in ISO for nearly 3 hours.. this is still the result.. Very pissed, but you live and you learn.. I'll pick up a new head with my next paycheck.. yeah this bugs me badly.. I was just dusting the general area around my desk and I guess I just didn't realize I grazed the dish... :uhoh:

Last edited:

Doktor Dub

I also noticed this as well. Although the problem has gotten better as I'm learning to take a slower draw, I still have to clean the glass daily. So that double weave TI screen really doesn't help much? I received mine but am waiting to wear out my current normal ti screen first. I really didn't want a drop down but I may consider it because I also have small chunks above the water line and to be honest.. the tip of the carb cap is almost hitting me in the eye. For me, it's either that or get another rig. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Anyhow last night i did something really stupid. I was cleaning around my VROD and accidently draped a microfiber cloth over the head. There are now markings on the SIC Dish and the side of the top portion of the head. It still functions but it looks like shit and due to my OCD I'll probably be picking up a new head.

Been having trouble posting the pics but I'll try to get them up in the next 10 minutes if I can. It appears the microfiber cloth has definitely left marks.View attachment 2057
View attachment 2058
View attachment 2059
Edit: It still works, but I'm picking up a new head. I forgot to mention the microfiber cloth actually did stick to it for a split second.. And yeah the whole thing looks like shit now. Everything was soaked in ISO for nearly 3 hours.. this is still the result.. Very pissed, but you live and you learn.. I'll pick up a new head with my next paycheck.. yeah this bugs me badly.. I was just dusting the general area around my desk and I guess I just didn't realize I grazed the dish... :uhoh:

shit, I feel sorry for you. Seems like it melted to your head. I guess a new dish could be enough, you can sand down the titanium parts and then polish them.... be careful but even if it does not look perfect - better save and clean vapor than a good looking vape...

if you happen to be in the Eu, I would happily bring your head back to like new if you pay shipping....

tb42091

Oof, I feel for you. I accidentally touched my showerhead to a plastic bag but mostly wiped it off immediately. After that I turned the temp up to like 900 and left it to burn off the rest. There is clearly a different colored mark left on the titanium but the residue is gone and it works!

In the past, all of the parts to the heads were sold individually - though now they aren't included in the parts section - you might be able to email with NV to get the top half/new sic dish and not have to buy a whole new head.

Otherwise you could buy a new head and sell the one you have to someone willing to clean it up ro recoup some of the cost. Good luck!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Been having trouble posting the pics but I'll try to get them up in the next 10 minutes if I can. It appears the microfiber cloth has definitely left marks.View attachment 2057
View attachment 2058
View attachment 2059

Burn it clean. Scrub it clean. Its not ruined.

Top Bottom