Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Oh boy! I just landed my ShowerHead. Right here in the classifieds from this awesome community. @kimura thank you 🙏 what a deal.

Funny, even though I’m covered with my WeedEater & DCup NV gear, I looked at that offer today, and thought somebody’s going to grab that fast. Congratulations.

I would however considering upgrading to the newer style bowls, which give you the ability to adjust the 14/18mm post to the glass rig perfectly.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I would however considering upgrading to the newer style bowls, which give you the ability to adjust the 14/18mm post to the glass rig perfectly.
Agreed. I have a ShovelHead bowl with an adjustable post but rarely use it because of preferences for my glass bowls. I’d be way to worried about breaking something with the old Ti bowl. The prize for me was the ShowerHead😍 Everything else I’ll treat like a $100 mystery box😂 Hell my brother might be getting a PID and coil for his Bday😂

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
HIGH ROLLERZ CREW!! @YaMon where you at :leaf:
Hey brah, I appreciate the shout out! I've been taking an unintentional FC break, between the FlowerPot and the TinyMight all my needs are being met 😲 Not really thinking I'm going to find anything to elevate my game. I am still running at 747 F, but today just started a T-Break, looking for a new gig and worried about screening.

Baron23

I still love my showerhead and it works so well that I have seen no reason to upgrade it to a more current model.

If the asshats downtown (yes, I live in DC's Maryland suburbs) pop their head of that orifice and cut a deal for a second stimulus check, I do believe that I will try to stimulate NV with a Tsunami order.

I did have a chance to use one for a few days and I liked it a lot. It didn't work better than my e-bangers (Liger with Obsidian and 710coils kit) but worked just like them (which is excellent) in a cleaner, easier to manage, AIO, package and I liked it very much for that.

Function was on par with any banger because.....well, at the heart of it is NV's Ti banger. I have a new and still in plastic shrink wrap 30mm obsidian insert that I bought some time ago against a future Tsunami purchase. Perhaps soon it will be put to work.

Cheers

Hippie

Can a Showerhead owner please tell me ...
Can I use a glass channel cap with a Showerhead? (are the air inlet holes lower than the rim of the dish?)
Or if there are any other glass carb cap options?
Thanks

Socks And Sandals

Well it's here guys, all set up and ready to go. I have the PID set to 650 and am about to start experimenting. I do have a couple questions right off the bat and wanted to ask here before christening this with some Hot Box Wedding Cake. First off, My NV PID doesn't have a switch in the back of the unit only in the front. Why is this? I'll assume that this just instantly starts heating up then and should be careful of that fact. Still though, why the change in design? No big deal but I would have preferred it. Secondly.. I'm noticing right off the bat how much better this holds the temperature than my Mighty ever could. It literally is staying at 649/650 but I've noticed the "OUT" LED keeps on flashing. Is this normal? I cruised on over to youtube to see if the "Out" LED was flashing on the video demonstration that Chris did.. and... It was solid.

Should that "OUT" Led be flashing? Because it's solid in the videos I've seen. I'll try to wait for an answer first.

Very confused on the the removal of the standby button in the back and the flashing OUT LED. Just want to be sure I don't have to get into the settings of the controller first. I need to know if this is normal before just hitting this. Thanks!

Socks And Sandals,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Well it's here guys, all set up and ready to go. I have the PID set to 650 and am about to start experimenting. I do have a couple questions right off the bat and wanted to ask here before christening this with some Hot Box Wedding Cake. First off, My NV PID doesn't have a switch in the back of the unit only in the front. Why is this? I'll assume that this just instantly starts heating up then and should be careful of that fact. Still though, why the change in design? No big deal but I would have preferred it. Secondly.. I'm noticing right off the bat how much better this holds the temperature than my Mighty ever could. It literally is staying at 649/650 but I've noticed the "OUT" LED keeps on flashing. Is this normal? I cruised on over to youtube to see if the "Out" LED was flashing on the video demonstration that Chris did.. and... It was solid.

Should that "OUT" Led be flashing? Because it's solid in the videos I've seen. I'll try to wait for an answer first.

Very confused on the the removal of the standby button in the back and the flashing OUT LED. Just want to be sure I don't have to get into the settings of the controller first. I need to know if this is normal before just hitting this. Thanks!

flashing light all normal :) nothing to worry about at all

chaos_theory

The Dude abides
First off, My NV PID doesn't have a switch in the back of the unit only in the front. Why is this?
Pure speculation here, but I assume this was a change in design to accommodate their PID controller stand which goes over the entire PID. They could have machined a hole in the back but I would agree that from a design perspective it makes sense to move everything to the front like the latest controllers.

Socks And Sandals

Pure speculation here, but I assume this was a change in design to accommodate their PID controller stand which goes over the entire PID. They could have machined a hole in the back but I would agree that from a design perspective it makes sense to move everything to the front like the latest controllers.

You might be right.. or perhaps that NV PID Stand accommodates both? I'm not really sure. I'm sure you guys know more than I do about this as many of you were here since the Hex Nail! As you can see they simply don't show the back so you can't tell what version of the NV PID they got in there other than the front. You might be right tho.

The other weird thing is the pin connector. It has this push button that releases the cord to disconnect it rather the the traditional screw that you have to unscrew in order to remove the pin connector. Maybe this is a redesign after all? I feel like such a newb because this is literally my first Enail ever lol!

NV PID Stand

I just enabled the image attachments in settings, I'll re-edit this post if I can get the pic of the back of the Controller to post! If I don't return tonight, you guys know I got too floored to even deal!!!! Haha!!! :p

Last edited:
Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: Bad Dog

androponic

vaped.
You might be right.. or perhaps that NV PID Stand accommodates both? I'm not really sure. I'm sure you guys know more than I do about this as many of you were here since the Hex Nail! As you can see they simply don't show the back so you can't tell what version of the NV PID they got in there other than the front. You might be right tho.

The other weird thing is the pin connector. It has this push button that releases the cord to disconnect it rather the the traditional screw that you have to unscrew in order to remove the pin connector. Maybe this is a redesign after all? I feel like such a newb because this is literally my first Enail ever lol!

NV PID Stand

I just enabled the image attachments in settings, I'll re-edit this post if I can get the pic of the back of the Controller to post! If I don't return tonight, you guys know I got too floored to even deal!!!! Haha!!! :p
Here is an update to the blog posting NV has up on their site that compares their controller option to the Auber option. It goes into the design changes.

Update 7/22 - We have started shipping the brand new NV PID controllers. This new revision includes an XLR input (same as Auber and Max Vapor) but the elimination of the back standby button (to make room for the new input). As a consequence, your unit will start heating up right away once you press the power button (just like the Auber).

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
“NewVape will remain faithful to our customers by continuing to sell, stock, and support the NewVape Legacy threaded XLR connection. NewVape will continue to stock, and sell 8 coils/heaters that utilize the xlr threaded connection. Flat, 16mm, 20mm, and cartridge heaters all available in 110 or 220v.”

Quote taken from NewVapes blog enail pinouts connections and compatibility.

I’m pretty sure we have discussed this but wanted to put in FC stone 😂. Being the proud owner of four NV legacy PIDs, it is nice to see NV looking towards the future but not forgetting about the people who got them there.

Being a musician, I know that not all XLR connections are created equally. I can usually tell right away if an XLR cable is crap by the quality of the connectors that are used. I’ve never heard a complaint from an Auber owner about poor quality XLR connections so I assume they must be decent?

Im happy with my legacy equipment. I never touch the connections so along as everything is working or I can get support if it’s not I’ll be happy...and stoned.

Potatovape

Got my mobius from china 7 months later today!!! It came with a free glass bowl and it works incredibly with the flowerpot. The head barely fits on it, but it can fit double the weed than the normal glass bowl from newvape and it heats so well. Sadly there’s no bowl handle

Potatovape,

chaos_theory

The Dude abides
Thanks for confirming on the PID! I know I saw an update somewhere but I couldn’t find it in my quick searching. I too have the older PID but I replaced it with the Auber both I have had for years and never had issues. Although I only used the NV PID a handful of times I exclusively use the Auber daily.

Doktor Dub

I just bought a cheap eNail only to have it as a spare if the original controller or coil should stop working one day. And tbh - I don t want to be without a working Flowerpot even one day.
The crazy part is: without having it used once or the plan to use it in the next time, it feels like one of the best vape acquisition I habe ever done.

Please tell me I am wise and not crazy 😜

p.s. I think this is one of the best compliments a vape can get...

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I was using the NV PID for years, and still do on my rosin press (two double controllers, so essentially four controllers, five if I include the FP controller I was using until a few weeks ago). No failures, no issues, just I wanted a boost mode.

NV PID is a fine, solid choice!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I was using the NV PID for years, and still do on my rosin press (two double controllers, so essentially four controllers, five if I include the FP controller I was using until a few weeks ago). No failures, no issues, just I wanted a boost mode.

NV PID is a fine, solid choice!

PID HOG......

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: EmDeemo

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
My “new to me” fixed style Ti bowl is pretty neat. Unlike the ShovelHead bowl which can except an 18mm basket screen the fixed bowl can use a 14mm basket screen. Using an adapter, to avoid breaking a beloved piece, I vaped some nano doses. It’s not really my thing but for some it might be interesting.
A6-ADFE71-1845-45-DD-8473-160-EBD6-E367-E.jpg

Socks And Sandals

Here is an update to the blog posting NV has up on their site that compares their controller option to the Auber option. It goes into the design changes.

Update 7/22 - We have started shipping the brand new NV PID controllers. This new revision includes an XLR input (same as Auber and Max Vapor) but the elimination of the back standby button (to make room for the new input). As a consequence, your unit will start heating up right away once you press the power button (just like the Auber).

Yeah I realized this after taking a look at the blog before, I guess I just didn't remember and recognize the connection to my controller..

I'm pretty much sold on the 5inch heat stand with Debowler.. but If I was looking at the NV PID Stand, I'd assume this didn't change the outer dimensions of the stand assuming that the dimensions of both of NV's controllers are the same dimensions regardless of the omission of the rear switch correct? And that this stand would fit both controllers? Just want to be sure.

Now on to my first experience last night:

I was floored, It reminded me of what it was like hitting the Evo and Plenty for the very first time! Despite a few years without a real tolerance break, I got that cerebral high, that I really haven't had in months! I looked down at the abv with a temp set to 650 and it looked a tad bit more cashed than I was used to on the Evo so I jumped down to 600F used the carb cap and holy shit what a difference that made.. this is at 600F! I grabbed a mirror from the bathroom and set it up so I could see the glass milk up and honestly, with the sheer density, it really does look like smoke! Exhaled a cloud that was so full of density and size, it made my Evo take notice and that's no small feat!

After cashing the bowl and cleaning out with my s&b brush, I threw the post and bowl back on there and decided to try out this hybrid Sunset Funk live sauce. I set the temp back up to 650 and let it soak in for probably over 10 min's.. loaded about double of the size I would in my Evo Nails with the dabber/carbcap, slowly rubbed it in the side letting the melt remove it from the cap's dabber. I inhaled very slowly for just a second, threw the cap on there and just had fun playing with it. I was able to milk out a 2nd hit after recovering and it was pretty sizable with no signature burnt taste I remember from torches and bangers.

My first experience in a nutshell.

Now here is my only issue. When putting the screen in the shovelhead bowl. I'm not exactly hearing a "snap". I played with it a little bit and noticed the screen just began to fray but It appears as if it's sitting in between the grooves because when I push on the screen slightly through both sides of the bowl, it seems pretty secure.

For some strange reason I'm getting a whole bunch of material through the joint's elbow and into the water. I also noticed that when I removed the shovelhead bowl material was falling out through the still attached stem. It wasn't very much but it was very fine,I used the standard medium grind with an SCS grinder (I don't grind upside down). When I empty the abv from the bowl and brush it all out, it appears the screen is in there pretty strongly and there are no visible signs of it falling through the sides of the screen and this groove that is there that I didn't hear snap into place. I have 2 extra of the ones sent in the bundle but am thinking about picking up one of the TI USA 3/4 since those appear to be double woven.

If the problem persists I'll pop it out for a new one. Do the double woven Ti's really make a difference? Anyone else have a problem with herb getting into their rigs with those TI screens (9231) using a medium grind?

Nevertheless, loving this vape, and still making progress with the thread! I have to say one thing before I go. After seeing the sheer density of the clouds, the extraction in one hit, the machinery and quality that went into these pieces, considering everything I've tried the level of extraction with the abv color and appearance doesn't compare. If only New Vape released this back in 15 or 16, I would have saved a whole lot of $$$.

I know I don't have as much experience with as many vapes as many of you so I can't compare this to things like the Subliminator, Herbolizer, etc... but.. Endgame vape? From what I've seen so far.. Yeah it's looking that way! :clap::rockon:

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Oh man! Oh baby? Oh babyman? Just broke a almost 6 day vaping break with the Weedeater and was it ever satisfying, I really missed it and it was so good I want another 😭 These past 3 days resensitization mega micro dosing edibles was no comparison to vaping a small load 🤤 Starting tomorrow off on the right foot with a coffee and the Weedeater........ possibly going to the moon

Top Bottom