• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Now I'm doubly glad I ordered my back up coil for my legacy....... my order just reshiped probably should have had them add another one ☝️ Oh well at least this shipment has already hit a few check points so I'm confident this one will arrive. Thanks @newvape918 for sorting out my problems 🙏 Their customer service is as good as the vape, both excellent, #1, 5 out of 5 stars...... I'd keep going but I'm out of words I'm not eloquent enough.

@The Stray Fox I've been dreaming of having a Weedeater I could keep at my cousins but I think you've got me jonesing for a shower head for a little variety, guess I'd better keep watching New Vape and see if I can grab a head plus a few more legacy coils but hopefully not for a good few months I need to save 🤑

Socks And Sandals

Made the Jump! Vrod Essentials Bundle, 14mm female glass piece and dab mat! I'll pick up a scoop and that other stand with the debowler later. Very excited, but I'm still kind of confused about Temps and the controller itself. I got the NV PID controller. This comes calibrated already? I don't want to have to mess with the inner settings if possible. Also, I'm still very confused about the Temps. Is there a chart anywhere that shows what the temps actually are in the shovelhead bowl and the sic dish in comparison to what the controller reads? I believe at NV, they said 650F on the controller is 374F in the bowl and 450F in the SIC dish..? Don't regular Enails wrapped around a quartz banger show what the actual temp of the banger is or is it really just the hot nail's temp? Also is temp stepping even practical with this device (since I hear that every temperature change requires 5 mins of heat soaking) or do most users just find their sweet spot and stick to that? On my Evo, I only temp step once and am fine with with it.

Really f'ing excited.. This will be my End Game, I'll worry about the volcano later in life when my lungs become weak!

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Nice my friend. Talking to folks here temp is very subjective. My advice would be to start sub 600, maybe 575, draw SLOWLY and see what happens, and adjust from there. Another success I have had is getting creative and coming up with custom alternatives for bowls. My favorite bowls are repurposed combustion bowls and adapters I’ve tweaked to work with the FlowerPot. Temps between bowls vary due to changing variables. Welcome to the club!!

Last edited:

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Enails wrapped around a quartz banger show what the actual temp of the banger is or is it really just the hot nail's temp?
The controller displays the reading of the themocouple wire embedded in the coil. Some controllers allow programmed offsets to get displayed temp to be closer to the banger surface - but one needs to measure the banger surface in order to calculate that offset. Most folks just think of it as the number they like to use the device at.

As to aquainting yourself with the flowerpot, it invovles some experimentation to find out how you like your vapor served. High temp with short fast inhale is the ticket for some while others prefer lower temps and longer/more hits. I encourage you to try your glass with and without water also. You will very much enjoy finding out what's your favorite.

Yung Coconut

Ugh, my Mobius showed up with a crack in the downstem, and the inside of the downstem was hella scratched like it had been used with little care. 😭

If it was me I would have never sent out a $500 piece in that condition, but at least they were willing to refund me.

And the search continues.

Last edited:
Yung Coconut,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Hi all, I recently purchased a Dynavap and Vrod with Auber RDK300B controller and glass bowl. I've been really loving my Dynavap (in comparison to what I've previously used; an Arizer air, V Tower, MFLB, Herbalaire, and some others but those less frequently) but am having a tough time finding the appropriate settings and subtleties that would have me enjoying the Vrod as much as I'd expect.

I started at 625 and with a fast draw speed I noticed a dark ring appear around the outside of the bowl after only a few hits; continuing without stirring would scorch this part of the bowl and create an awful taste. A slower draw would more evenly vape the top of the bowl, but frequent stirring (every 1-2 hits) is required for my bowls to not cook completely on the top and be partially green on the bottom. I turned my temp down as low as 595 (as I am aware these settings seem to be different from user/user) and though the flavor is passable (closer to the flavor I get from my Arizer Air) it still tends to taste a bit burnt AND I struggle quite a bit to get the bowls as dark brown as I would out of my Air. For reference. I drop the Vrod onto the bowl, pull until I see a bit of vapor, then clear. I don't pull excessively long so as to avoid scorching the bowl as I've found that tends to happen when I try to increase the duration of a single hit/keeping draw speed constant. A typical session is probably around .1-.2g and any more than that would be far too close to the heater to even have a prayer of vaporizing correctly.

I have tried using the carb cap and pulling for a bit, feathering, and then removing the entire unit to clear a hit. Though that seems to help, I cannot for the life of me get even close to seeing how folks are able to completely vaporize a bowl with this thing without frequent stirring. As a final note, I've been disappointed by the flavor with the device; even at lower temps it just seems to fry a lot of the terpenes I taste through other vaporizers.

Maybe I need a significantly lower temp? I've gone through a PDF file determining if my coil has an incorrect preset that would make it run hotter or colder than normal; it seems to run just a smidge warmer than normal (says it is 85 when room is 70 deg) but I don't think that is a huge factor here. Any ideas/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Odd. I have settled into 635F on my Auber and Vrod, and I NEVER feel the need to stir. I've sometimes seen a ring in-between hits, but it's always evened out by time I was done extracting the entire bowl several hits later.

One way to know that you haven't fully extracted the bowl is if the screen stays dirty after you empty the bowl and brush out the screen. I haven't removed the screen from my titanium shovelhead bowl for cleaning once in the couple of months since I've been using it daily, and my screen is still completely clean after I brush it off at the end of a bowl.

My thought if I had your experience is that you may not be hitting it enough to fully and evenly extract. My last three or so hits are normally very whispy.

Ramahs,

Socks And Sandals

Nice my friend. Talking to folks here temp is very subjective. My advice would be to start sub 600, maybe 575, draw SLOWLY and see what happens, and adjust from there. Another success I have had is getting creative and coming up with custom alternatives for bowls. My favorite bowls are repurposed combustion bowls and adapters I’ve tweaked to work with the FlowerPot. Temps between bowls vary due to changing variables. Welcome to the club!!

Thanks brother! There will be lots of fiddling with temps for sure and especially those lower temps using the carb cap! I saw some of the pics of the Arizer Baskets and VXL ELB's being used for microdosing. This has me very interested because I have 20 ELB's and 9 Storz and Bickle dosing caps to play around with as well!

The controller displays the reading of the themocouple wire embedded in the coil. Some controllers allow programmed offsets to get displayed temp to be closer to the banger surface - but one needs to measure the banger surface in order to calculate that offset. Most folks just think of it as the number they like to use the device at.

As to aquainting yourself with the flowerpot, it invovles some experimentation to find out how you like your vapor served. High temp with short fast inhale is the ticket for some while others prefer lower temps and longer/more hits. I encourage you to try your glass with and without water also. You will very much enjoy finding out what's your favorite.

Thank you for clearing that up. So basically this thermocouple represents the actual temp of the coil then (specifically the the area of the wraps) and not necessarily the banger or in this case.. the Vrod Head and even less so the shovelhead bowl in this case? Just want to be sure I'm understanding it right.

I've been accustomed to slow 8 to 10 second pulls myself with the Plenty and Evo, I have a feeling this will more than likely continue to fit my style! However I'm also very curious about ripping through a 0.1 in one or two rips at higher temps with a nice fast pull! This is what I loved about my Evo so much, anyone could come over to my place, and hit it however they want at noon regardless of their draw speed. It seems the FP offers more versatility with draw speed (since I keep hearing using this is like breathing with almost no restriction whatsoever) and when you combine that with the extended temperature range and the ability to use a carb cap, the ability to finally hit concentrates the way I've always wanted to, It seems as if it is definitely going to render my beloved Evo obsolete when it comes to trates at the very least.

I know that I personally go through this "Honeymoon Phase" for the first 6 months to a year or more whenever I purchase a new vape... completely ignoring most of or if not all of our other vapes during this period. Eventually at some point, I'll end up busting out the old vapes, only to discover just how much of a different signature taste and.. even different perceived effect they have to me now after being so used to using my new vaporizer for the past 6 months to a year exclusively! :D

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Quarantine has me vaping more than ever.
So much, that I’ve started to feel chest tightness some days.
Today was one of those days that I woke up with that feeling.
It got me fiddling through my glass attachments and old bubblers fittings.
At the end, I brought to life this Mr. Hyde contraption, worthy of dracarys clouds 💨💨💨💨
Adding that extra length of cooling, makes big hits way more enjoyable and definitely colder to your lungs. Enjoy! Cheers! Salud!
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!!!

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Hey guys, In the market for a desktop and this thing looks like the hardest hitting vape I can find ***if any one has a diff opionion msg me not to cause a Vs. on this thread*** I saw a twax on weedrepublic for $200 but I dont see if it includes everything I need there is a pic with what looks whats included but unsure. Has any one dealt with this company? Vas has me really wanting to pull the trigger on this.

Ramahs

Hey guys, In the market for a desktop and this thing looks like the hardest hitting vape I can find ***if any one has a diff opionion msg me not to cause a Vs. on this thread*** I saw a twax on weedrepublic for $200 but I dont see if it includes everything I need there is a pic with what looks whats included but unsure. Has any one dealt with this company? Vas has me really wanting to pull the trigger on this.

Got a link?

Ramahs,

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Got a link?
@Summer

iDRINKBLEACH,

Summer

Long Island, NY

Link to classified?

Summer,

Socks And Sandals

Hey flowerpot heads, I've been wondering a few things getting ready for my shipment to ship from Florida and have to ask..

1. How necessary is a fine grind in the shovel head bowl being that this vape is almost pure convection? I only own a 4 piece SCS and while I love the fluffy look of my herbs, it still doesn't compare to the fine grind I'd get from my S&B grinder. Is this grind going to be ok or would I really benefit from a finer grind than this? Also, I don't grind upside down, everytime I did It got all gummed up even more quickly so I refuse to do that anymore. I'm hearing good things about the BCG and that fine plate.. I really don't like 2 piece grinders because of the mess and I know I'm not alone.

2. Do you guys prefer the debowler spike or the Metal brush? Seems to me the brush would be easier to swab at the bowl upside down than the spike. I know it's not sharp but still.

3. Regarding all the accessories, is every threaded tool universal and backwards compatible with the older products? I've been looking at the dabbers and want to make sure they all fit in that 5' inch heat stand with debowler?

4. I really liked some of their older stands and ABV cup from a few years back. Will they ever be available again? In other words, does NV ever bring back any of their legacy accessories or do they just restock with newer versions.. It really seems like the latter to me since they are always coming out with improved versions of this and that. Just want to really browse through some of their older accessories if they are still available somewhere else is all.

And finally...

5. What's the verdict on our two available loading tools, they both hold approximately 0.1 but which do you guys prefer, the Pax Loading tool or the Threaded loading tool?

I really hope I see my rig and Vrod ship tomorrow.. since NV removed that 3 week delay message from the top of the screen on their website. Can't wait! :rockon:

Edit: Been reading through the entire thread all day nursing a bad hangover (on page 403 right now) so I apologize in advance if these were previously answered in the thread but I haven't got that far yet! :p

Last edited:

Larrytargeteye

Vapin' stevens
hello everyone,I've had my showerhead and pid for a few years now and my pid has finally given out(before my coil lol)after heavy use.anyway I am in the uk and trying to find a new pid,my usual go to online store does not supply stand alone pid's so can anyone point me in the right direction of a suitable pid and possibly new coil if the fitting is different to my usual coil.thanks in advance!

Larrytargeteye,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
1. How necessary is a fine grind in the shovel head bowl being that this vape is almost pure convection?
Not necessary at all, I have a 15 year old random headshop grinder that gives me a very medium but some might call it a light corse. I've experimented with a fine grind and wasn't happy with the results, number one problem was I would get a harsh note that I never get with my medium, didn't find it vaped substantially faster or bigger clouds and ISO soaking the screen was needed far more frequently.
2. Do you guys prefer the debowler spike or the Metal brush?
I only have the debowler but don't think I would like the brush because I think it's too big. I never invert the bowl and just hold it on a slightly downward angle and tap against the spike and everything pretty much falls right out especially if the bowl is still hot, super easy.
5. What's the verdict on our two available loading tools, they both hold approximately 0.1 but which do you guys prefer, the Pax Loading tool or the Threaded loading tool?
Consider the delta 3D studios scoop and poke it's my go to for my Weedeater. A heaping scoop of my medium grind is exactly .05

here’s a pretty typical session for me

thevapist

Odd. I have settled into 635F on my Auber and Vrod, and I NEVER feel the need to stir. I've sometimes seen a ring in-between hits, but it's always evened out by time I was done extracting the entire bowl several hits later.

One way to know that you haven't fully extracted the bowl is if the screen stays dirty after you empty the bowl and brush out the screen. I haven't removed the screen from my titanium shovelhead bowl for cleaning once in the couple of months since I've been using it daily, and my screen is still completely clean after I brush it off at the end of a bowl.

My thought if I had your experience is that you may not be hitting it enough to fully and evenly extract. My last three or so hits are normally very whispy.

Terp pearls + carb cap solve the flower heat ring and give me full extraction with a layer covering the screen. 1-2 hits then dump.

thevapist,

Doktor Dub

hello everyone,I've had my showerhead and pid for a few years now and my pid has finally given out(before my coil lol)after heavy use.anyway I am in the uk and trying to find a new pid,my usual go to online store does not supply stand alone pid's so can anyone point me in the right direction of a suitable pid and possibly new coil if the fitting is different to my usual coil.thanks in advance!

Hi, not working Flowerpot = no good, i feel with you!

So what is the behavior of your PID? Completely dead? And did you open it up and check for loose Connections? My PID failed too, i was quite desperate and after some Tips here @newvape918 or @NewVape710 posted a link to a Youtube Video how to open the PID and check it. It s pretty easy and after a few minutes my Flowerpot worked like new.
Worth a shot, i keep my fingers crossed for you :tup:

Oh, and BTW: any tips where to get a spare PID and coil in the EU??? I would buy it immediately just for peace of mind...
And a shot in the dark: I want to buy an original Möbius stereo Matrix, new or used, EU...

Have a great day!

Edit: Here is the Video:

Last edited:

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
What is it doing/not doing? it can be tough to diagnose it without having it in hand but the more details the better. My first guess, it coudl be the actual PID or the thermocoupler int he coil... Holler if you need anything.

Ooooooffff coming along very nicely!

She’s getting blue-tiful
View attachment 1665

Chris_CH,

Larrytargeteye

Vapin' stevens
Hi, not working Flowerpot = no good, i feel with you!

So what is the behavior of your PID? Completely dead? And did you open it up and check for loose Connections? My PID failed too, i was quite desperate and after some Tips here @newvape918 or @NewVape710 posted a link to a Youtube Video how to open the PID and check it. It s pretty easy and after a few minutes my Flowerpot worked like new.
Worth a shot, i keep my fingers crossed for you :tup:

Oh, and BTW: any tips where to get a spare PID and coil in the EU??? I would buy it immediately just for peace of mind...
And a shot in the dark: I want to buy an original Möbius stereo Matrix, new or used, EU...

Have a great day!

Edit: Here is the Video:
thanks for replying.i will check the video out now!my pid turns on and shows its current temperature but it doesnt heat up.i can get the exact same one from dhgate but it's a very long wait.fingers crossed the video helps me out.thanks again!

Larrytargeteye,
Reactions: Doktor Dub

Ramahs

Terp pearls + carb cap solve the flower heat ring and give me full extraction with a layer covering the screen. 1-2 hits then dump.

Like I said, the ring shows up at first, but it's gone by time I finish the bowl, and everything is evenly colored. So I don't feel the need to do anything else about it.

Ramahs,
Top Bottom