Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

abcd5432

I know I'm dumb late, but yall canceled the shower head.... That was not the best move. That's a really good head.

Very happy I have it vrod and other things is too much for my simple self and weedeater takes away the occasional dab.

Gotta say, that's a very weird choice. I love mine, feel bad for those who don't have the option.

Also just feels like an obvious in-between choice.

Abcd5432,
Reactions: tb42091

tb42091

I seemed to remember on the old site NVs plan was to keep all showerhead parts in stock, hopefully they are just a bit behind on them. I agree that it should stick around as it is a really good head.

Recently, after like 18 months of owning my vrod, the last 8 months I have been almost exclusively using my vrod, I finally put it away a couple weeks ago and pulled the showerhead back out. It really is a beast for flower.:spliff:

I leave my shower cap on at all times, with no handle so it is really stable. I decided to drill another hole in my cap opposite the single stock hole to open up air flow a bit too. I find the SH cooks the herb more evenly depth-wise, especially on bigger packs.

The length of the diffuser on the showerhead is like 1/3 longer than the vrod/weedeater and I find it makes a noticeable difference, and it is quicker to recover/harder to overwhelm. :science:

Though I do understand it adds clutter to the site and probably stresses out some new customers with too many choices now that the weedeater kind of takes its place.

I would guess as long they're around its not ever necessarily gone though considering it probably isn't that hard for them to make more because all of the development is done.

Hope everyone is enjoying their FPs! Coming up on my 2nd anniversary since I got my SH and I still use one or the other daily. If I am vaping flower, 99% of the time I am using a flowerpot. If I am home, my flowerpot is on, and I'm home quite a bit, especially recently.

I use a chinese controller I bought 3 years ago with a 40$ vapecode coil, I've only lost one coil so far and luckily it just went EEEE and went cold as opposed to heating up red hot as I've read from other people. I am still rotating the first 2 screens I started with. I really appreciate the fact that my flowerpots will be working for the rest of my life with relatively little upkeep. A coil here, some screens there, on a really bad day maybe a new controller.

Here's to another 2 years, and many more!
:razz:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Just ordered a couple new glass bowls for me and a buddy, plus enough screens to choke a horse 🐴 so along with a backup coil I should be vaping for the next few years without needing to order anything but we all know how vas goes 😂

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@started@52 heck yeah. This thread is my jam.

I got the new bowl in 18mm on order. Fingers crossed that the screen stays in this model. I loved the previous bowl. The previous model is probably the nicest bowl I own but... it’s messy when the screen won’t stay put.

I also got some diffuser plugs. Ive found that a certain amount of draw restriction is important with the Vrod. I’ve been using screens to create this effect. I’m hopeful the diffuser plugs will streamline my set up a bit. Anyone else care to share their experience with using the diffuser plugs?

Glad to be back y’all! Hope everyone is well.

started@52

@started@52 heck yeah. This thread is my jam.

I got the new bowl in 18mm on order. Fingers crossed that the screen stays in this model. I loved the previous bowl. The previous model is probably the nicest bowl I own but... it’s messy when the screen won’t stay put.

I also got some diffuser plugs. Ive found that a certain amount of draw restriction is important with the Vrod. I’ve been using screens to create this effect. I’m hopeful the diffuser plugs will streamline my set up a bit. Anyone else care to share their experience with using the diffuser plugs?

Glad to be back y’all! Hope everyone is well.
Diffuser plugs on the vrod? It already has no center hole, it’s why I prefer the weedeater 19 hole diffuser in the vrod, more so for concentrates as the vapor spends less time in the hot air path in the diffuser. Different strokes for different folks I guess. It also has a lot to do with the rig being used. I have two different glass pieces that are 75°(on the controller) apart using the same draw speed.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Diffuser plugs on the vrod? It already has no center hole
:hmm:I hadn’t noticed that difference between the two. So you screw your weedeater diffuser into your Vrod top? I need to get a weedeater head so I can get more acquainted.
Different strokes for different folks

Maybe stroking it plugged up is the way to go. :doh:

I agree with the rig being a big part of it. I notice differences in the three I primarily use. Unfortunately they are all pretty open. I’m at a loss for what to do about it. China glass is uncertain and my my local area is lacking in the head shop department.
I agree with the rig being a big part of it. I notice differences in the three I primarily use. Unfortunately they are all pretty open. I’m at a loss for what to do about it. China glass is uncertain and my my local area is lacking in the head shop department. What’s a lone vaper to do?

The Stray Fox,
Reactions: EmDeemo

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
So what's the consensus about bowls? Glass? Titanium? Both? I have and use both but heavily favour the glass especially lately since cutting back my dose size. A few months ago it was like a 90% glass to 10% titanium but recently it's more like 5% or less. Typically I only use the titanium for bigger easier to stir bowls for the occasional indulgence but right now I'm mostly about small bowls. I even ordered the new glass bowl New Vape just launched, I'm hoping it's a little better than my current bowl which has a bit of a dead spot on one side where the holes in the glass screen are a bit to small, it's my second bowl but my first one was a winner it always kept the screen in and had no dead spots, wish my buddy didn't break it ☹️ Perhaps this should be a poll thread?

Bad Dog,

swanka

I am stunned. I've been a daily vaper for like 3-4 years some of it with portables and most of it with an EQ. I love that EQ but holy moly. I am thankful that I watched some of the youtube videos because in one of them, the person demostrating suggests to take a microdose first to get an idea.

Glad I did. I am currently having issues with my mind wandering.

Specifications
*decided against it since i seem to recall something about it in the new rules.*
Dose: enough to cover the screen
Temp: 666F
Draw: too slow probably, the avb was dark and it tasted a little combusty.

I decided to put the enail 'handle' in a vise (not even finger tight, there's a channel in one of the faces so it holds easily) so I just bring what is basically the glass I use for the EQ only upside down, up to the vrod head. I am not certain it will be completely safe, but I would prefer to leave the hot thing in one place.

I suppose I should note that I have the DDave mod for the EQ in case anyone is curious about that detail. I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank @DDave for what they do for the community and his products are top notch.

I just realized that I have been "working" on this for 20 minutes. Time to log off.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
:hmm:I hadn’t noticed that difference between the two. So you screw your weedeater diffuser into your Vrod top? I need to get a weedeater head so I can get more acquainted.

Maybe stroking it plugged up is the way to go. :doh:

I agree with the rig being a big part of it. I notice differences in the three I primarily use. Unfortunately they are all pretty open. I’m at a loss for what to do about it. China glass is uncertain and my my local area is lacking in the head shop department.

Anything that works, works :)

Re: draw restriction... what is it that you cant achieve without draw restriction? Would changing one of the other variables take its place? For example, raising the temp/using a basket screen/more water/less water/use of the carb cap?

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
what is it that you cant achieve without draw restriction?
You are right. I can change other variables and things work well. I feel with restriction lower temps are working better, I seem to have less throat and lung irritation, and the vacuum it creates feel more like pulling tubes with a packed combustion bowl piece. The carb cap comes close to solving the problem but I’m just not that into it. A secondary basket screen works pretty well...once it gums up a bit. I’m sure I’m just bored and over thinking it though on one shoulder I’ve got the little devil man saying get a new piece. Thanks for hashing my internal conundrums out.

The Stray Fox,

Vaporware

I am stunned. I've been a daily vaper for like 3-4 years some of it with portables and most of it with an EQ. I love that EQ but holy moly. I am thankful that I watched some of the youtube videos because in one of them, the person demostrating suggests to take a microdose first to get an idea.

Glad I did. I am currently having issues with my mind wandering.

Specifications
*decided against it since i seem to recall something about it in the new rules.*
Dose: enough to cover the screen
Temp: 666F
Draw: too slow probably, the avb was dark and it tasted a little combusty.

I decided to put the enail 'handle' in a vise (not even finger tight, there's a channel in one of the faces so it holds easily) so I just bring what is basically the glass I use for the EQ only upside down, up to the vrod head. I am not certain it will be completely safe, but I would prefer to leave the hot thing in one place.

I suppose I should note that I have the DDave mod for the EQ in case anyone is curious about that detail. I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank @DDave for what they do for the community and his products are top notch.

I just realized that I have been "working" on this for 20 minutes. Time to log off.

If that works for you that’s great, but if you get tired of that method consider adding a handle. You can buy a nice one from NewVape or build your own pretty easily. :)

I’m not completely comfortable holding the bare coil wire either, but with a handle I have little concern that I’ll drop it or burn anything.

Of course if you lose motor control more than I do, your mileage may vary. :lol:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Back To Back is back!!!
Here’s a long video. I went through mostly all my NV gear. Awesome clouds and flavors. Microdosing too.
Hope you enjoy it.
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I just don't get everyone's calls for more restriction.

One of the things I love most about this vape is the lack of restriction.
Instead of adding restriction, I just draw slower if need be. The restriction is uncomfortable to me.

I tried it with the carb cap with flower, and that did not feel good.

Alexis

I just don't get everyone's calls for more restriction.

One of the things I love most about this vape is the lack of restriction.
Instead of adding restriction, I just draw slower if need be. The restriction is uncomfortable to me.

I tried it with the carb cap with flower, and that did not feel good.
I agree. Love the free flowing, fast extraction at all temps. I'm sure you will agree also that it is a million miles away from the Woodscents in terms of of restriction and airflow, my least favorite trait of the WS.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I found some glass made it difficult to slow the draw down enough while getting the perc to bubble, purely due to the amount of water needed to cover the percs holes and still get air movement. I had to use appropriate glass or bumped the temp up, the latter being a bit harsher on me old lungs.

Hence why I was a bit of an avid carp cap user for flower, but with extra holes in the cap.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I'm sure you will agree also that it is a million miles away from the Woodscents in terms of of restriction and airflow, my least favorite trait of the WS.
Love my Woodscents and like you I find the Woodscents/DynaVap to be on the opposite spectrum in terms of restriction from my Vrod. I wish the Woodscents was a bit more open. The restriction I aim to achieve with the Flowerpot is subtle. I still want and love the free flowing aspect of the FlowerPot. I just want a little negative pressure so my draw feels a bit of suction and my lungs feel the pull. I’m certainly not complaining. I love my FlowerPot and I have found a few ways to achieve restriction with success. I was mostly curious if the diffuser plugs could help achieve the effect differently. Thanks all. I love hearing everyone’s different experiences and takes. I’m happy we all seem to agree on one thing and that is love for this vape.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Love my Woodscents and like you I find the Woodscents/DynaVap to be on the opposite spectrum in terms of restriction from my Vrod. I wish the Woodscents was a bit more open. The restriction I aim to achieve with the Flowerpot is subtle. I still want and love the free flowing aspect of the FlowerPot. I just want a little negative pressure so my draw feels a bit of suction and my lungs feel the pull. I’m certainly not complaining. I love my FlowerPot and I have found a few ways to achieve restriction with success. I was mostly curious if the diffuser plugs could help achieve the effect differently. Thanks all. I love hearing everyone’s different experiences and takes. I’m happy we all seem to agree on one thing and that is love for this vape.

It hasnt come across as complaining, just finding your preference :)

EDIT: Now I understand what you're trying to achieve a bit more, I think you're making a wise choice to give the diffusers a go. I think they have the potential to achieve the same result as a many holed carb cap would.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
It’s been a month since I got my AVB Can and it’s full. I figured no big deal but the 12.8 grams I dumped out has me wondering am I using way more than I used to. I have been mixing a lot of CBD flower with my regular herbs so it’s a bit deceiving. I feel that I’m loosing about 40% through vaporization which puts my usage at just north of 20g for the month. I’m guessing 30% of my AVB is probably CBD flower which means I’m vaping around 3.5g a week of regular herb. Where do other FlowerPotters fall?
353-A6-A29-91-B8-480-B-80-B8-85-F6913288-F6.jpg

B5816-D74-AB48-4855-9-BAF-CCEE5-CCB471-A.jpg

Edit: @Ramahs check out the gold patina! I’m starting to get the purples coming through too! So pleasing.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@The Stray Fox I'd recommend a much finer grind that what's on top there, that may give you better mileage.
Cool. I see your reasoning and will give it a try. I did shake and rummage through the AVB which probably caused most the larger chunks to rise to the surface for the picture. Currently my go to is a 4 piece Santa Cruz Shredder. I have a two piece as well but it’s a pain. What’s giving you the best grind?

The Stray Fox,
Top Bottom