Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

tb42091

Speaking of dishes....has anyone actually had to replace their SiC dish yet? If so why and how long do they last?

I only have a 1 hole cap for my Vrod so I spin it once I put it on. I've noticed a black dust - I'm assuming from the titanium rubbing against the SiC. Wondering if this could eventually be a problem, wearing the rim of the dish down over time.

Hope everyone is enjoying their FPs! I know I am.

tb42091,
Reactions: graydeh1

Vaporware

Speaking of dishes....has anyone actually had to replace their SiC dish yet? If so why and how long do they last?

I only have a 1 hole cap for my Vrod so I spin it once I put it on. I've noticed a black dust - I'm assuming from the titanium rubbing against the SiC. Wondering if this could eventually be a problem, wearing the rim of the dish down over time.

Hope everyone is enjoying their FPs! I know I am.

Black dust doesn’t sound good! :suspicious: I guess I’ll skip spinning the carb cap. If you find out for sure what the dust is and it’s not particles from the dish, please let us know what it was.

I haven’t broken a SiC dish and they seem to be pretty durable, but I have heard a couple of reports of people breaking them while trying to get them un-stuck from a dirty head, or dropping the dish into water while it was still very hot. During normal use though, it should be pretty hard to break.

jake18a

ive got the SiC dish, and my friend got the Sapphire dish, i use the NV controller, he use the Auber controller, i set my rig for 645 f on the PID, SiC dish, and my dabs are tasty yet still kick a punch, at the same temperature with the sapphire and auber, 645/650 f, the dabs are much harsher, you can dial down the temps a lot, but i find you need to lower too much to enjoy dabs, its funny, but i think SiC are better for combo hit, , but when you only want to enjoy low temps dabs, sapphire is the way to go, the taste cannot be compared, especialy when the dish has been used a little, SiC is a ceramic, no matter what, it absorb a little bit of oil and impurity, and alter the taste after some time, sapphire will never do this. depends what's your preferences, me i know i prefer the SiC, just because i enjoy my combo dabs so much, a green carpet, some shatter on top for convection dab effect + a small amount of sauce just for taste and pleasure on the dish !

jake18a,
Reactions: graydeh1

tb42091

Dust was probably a poor description, residue is better. If I take my clean carb cap and spin it on the dish like I would while hitting it and hit it with a fresh qtip around where the rim of the dish hits it comes out with a black residue on it.

It's not much, and the bevel on the inside of my dish rim is still there so it hasn't worn down noticeably in the 10 months I've had it, just trying to figure out what it is.

That said though, the threads of my handles and heads typically end up with the same black residue on the peaks and valleys - so maybe it's from the titanium?

Was hoping the dish wasnt a consumable, thanks.
Black dust doesn’t sound good! :suspicious: I guess I’ll skip spinning the carb cap. If you find out for sure what the dust is and it’s not particles from the dish, please let us know what it was.

I haven’t broken a SiC dish and they seem to be pretty durable, but I have heard a couple of reports of people breaking them while trying to get them un-stuck from a dirty head, or dropping the dish into water while it was still very hot. During normal use though, it should be pretty hard to break.

Warmaniac_209

Chocolate Milk Chug Meister
got the same residue... im thinking its dried and burnt reclaim, my sister got the bad habbit of letting the head on the bowl after a toke, so the vapor flow back through the Vrod head, and causing reclaim to build on the top of the cap and the bottom of the dish retainer.....

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
Im thinking so. Its definitely not the titanium and I have not heard of anyone have this experience with their SiC dishes, regardless of the brand.

I would suggest a thorough cleaning every couple days to keep it free of any residue.

Dust was probably a poor description, residue is better. If I take my clean carb cap and spin it on the dish like I would while hitting it and hit it with a fresh qtip around where the rim of the dish hits it comes out with a black residue on it.

It's not much, and the bevel on the inside of my dish rim is still there so it hasn't worn down noticeably in the 10 months I've had it, just trying to figure out what it is.

That said though, the threads of my handles and heads typically end up with the same black residue on the peaks and valleys - so maybe it's from the titanium?

Was hoping the dish wasnt a consumable, thanks.

got the same residue... im thinking its dried and burnt reclaim, my sister got the bad habbit of letting the head on the bowl after a toke, so the vapor flow back through the Vrod head, and causing reclaim to build on the top of the cap and the bottom of the dish retainer.....

PandaLee

I broke my first ever NV sic dish when I pulled everything apart for it's initial cleaning (over two years ago on the wrap-around head). All my fault as I grabbed the side of the sic dish with some pliers and twisted, and that part just cracked off with the pliers. I haven't broke another sic dish since. With some common sense, and a bunch of qtips, it seems like they can last forever.

PandaLee,

Pb**

My quartz dish seems to have cracked while heating up recently :s. Are there other third party dishes that would fit the vrod?

Pb**,

Bumping Spheda

My quartz dish seems to have cracked while heating up recently :s. Are there other third party dishes that would fit the vrod?
Why not get one from New Vape? The SiC dish is like $25 isn't it? Their shipping is rather prompt, ime, too. Idk what more you could really want from your dish supplier, but that's me.

Bumping Spheda,

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Still riding high on this never ending VRod love affair, at least once a day I still marvel at how badass it is. It’s simple to use, great value for money imo and offers consistent, repeatable devastation. Over and over and over again! :D I’ve been leaning on it kinda heavy lately for my conditions and it never leaves me wanting more. Gotta be my top recommendation plug-in for those of us who are medical users of this miracle plant. :cool:

:leaf:

Pb**

Why not get one from New Vape? The SiC dish is like $25 isn't it? Their shipping is rather prompt, ime, too. Idk what more you could really want from your dish supplier, but that's me.

I would get a new one but @NewVape710 doesn’t stock the quartz dish I originally bought anymore. They only sell the dnail quartz dish and it’s $100 vs $10 lol. I prefer the quartz over Sic

Pb**,
Reactions: Summer

Verax

I've never played around with one of these, but thinking about grabbing one later this year.

Is there any information on the difference with the 3 "models"? (VRod, WeedEater, vs Showerhead) I can't seem to find anything on their website.

I do 90% flower, but would like the option for concentrates as well.

cheers!

Verax,

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
If you are looking to have the option for concentrates, you will have to choose between the showerhead and the Vrod. In this case, the Vrod would have the advantage because of the ability to change dishes, the Showerhead has a dabbing surface but it is titanium and it is not interchangeable.

The Weedeater is for flower only.

I would recommend the Vrod all day long. Great flower performance and great for concentrates. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Good luck!

I've never played around with one of these, but thinking about grabbing one later this year.

Is there any information on the difference with the 3 "models"? (VRod, WeedEater, vs Showerhead) I can't seem to find anything on their website.

I do 90% flower, but would like the option for concentrates as well.

cheers!

Verax

If you are looking to have the option for concentrates, you will have to choose between the showerhead and the Vrod. In this case, the Vrod would have the advantage because of the ability to change dishes, the Showerhead has a dabbing surface but it is titanium and it is not interchangeable.

The Weedeater is for flower only.

I would recommend the Vrod all day long. Great flower performance and great for concentrates. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Good luck!

That's perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! :)

OK - next question: On power supply - It seems like the Auber one would allow for easier adjustments with the dial, but then it doesn't look like I would be able to take advantage of the very nice form factor of the PID stand, which would save on precious desk space.

Anyone with experience in both power supplies, on whether or not it's worth giving up the extra all in one stand?

Last edited:
Verax,

started@52

I personally would not give up my PID stand for adjustability, I adjust temps +/- 50°f and it’s not a big deal.
BD2-B4267-4392-4-E99-BEE7-CA361047060-F.jpg

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
In my opinion, they are both fine in terms of function. Quick heating times, etc. Both very reliable. They are very simple circuits and very simple devices.

As @started@52 mentioned, we do make these accessories around our own PID. So you would not be able to enjoy those. But that's not to take away from the fact that the Auber's knob and the auto shut off features are nifty.

Choose wisely :tinfoil:

That's perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! :)

OK - next question: On power supply - It seems like the Auber one would allow for easier adjustments with the dial, but then it doesn't look like I would be able to take advantage of the very nice form factor of the PID stand, which would save on precious desk space.

Anyone with experience in both power supplies, on whether or not it's worth giving up the extra all in one stand?

Verax

Yeah, I can live without auto-shutoff, as I run my desktop vapes with a smart plug that I have routines setup for auto shut off.

Really appreciate the help everyone!

As someone mentioned there is usually a Black Friday sale, so I think I'll wait to the end of the month and try to take advantage of that if it's around this year.

thanks again ya'll! :)

Bumping Spheda

After a month I have my Brilliant Cut Grinder.
uc

I can, like, grind up more than one bowl at a time... Kind of a revolution.

Anyway. So I put water in my bong after hitting it dry for 3 weeks straight, roughly. Dude, gross. It strips like all the flavor out. I have a double honeycomb perc bong with spinning splash guard, these have amazing filtration, to be brutally honest and imho. This is why I spent $400 on vape and $32.99 on glass, a double honeycomb is easy to fill, empty, CLEAN, functions amazingly, why go anywhere else, ime (I find forcing the vapor through all those tiny holes actually cools the vapor down passively when running the bong dry, too, those discs heat up like an RBT XL8R does...).

I'm looking for other bongs that might cool the vapor down more when dry. So far I've found this (looks like a serious effing bong version of an XL8R cooling stem, I just wonder how well this actually would work) and this (this just seems to have one of the longest vapor paths that I can find, but not only that, it's like the old peyote pillars, so the vapor travels up a bunch of narrow glass tubes in the middle portion which will probably soak a bit of heat I'm guessing, plus that curvy necked mouthpiece).

What do you guys think? Worth investigating? I'm investing money in other areas of this hobby right now, so a new glass rig isn't on the immediate buy list, but I am definitely curious, I wouldn't mind having separate rigs for dab and flower in all honesty, but maybe that'd be too much of a chore, I just don't know it yet. Dunno. What I do know is I'm dry all the way, I think water mucks up the vaping experience in a bad way. The chill part is how cool the vapor is, haha, that's insane, but not worth, imho, I'll just vape a bit slower and enjoy it more I'm finding.

Bumping Spheda,
Reactions: nodrog

nodrog

I'm looking for other bongs that might cool the vapor down more when dry. So far I've found this (looks like a serious effing bong version of an XL8R cooling stem, I just wonder how well this actually would work) and this (this just seems to have one of the longest vapor paths that I can find, but not only that, it's like the old peyote pillars, so the vapor travels up a bunch of narrow glass tubes in the middle portion which will probably soak a bit of heat I'm guessing, plus that curvy necked mouthpiece).

What do you guys think? Worth investigating? I'm investing money in other areas of this hobby right now, so a new glass rig isn't on the immediate buy list, but I am definitely curious, I wouldn't mind having separate rigs for dab and flower in all honesty, but maybe that'd be too much of a chore, I just don't know it yet. Dunno. What I do know is I'm dry all the way, I think water mucks up the vaping experience in a bad way. The chill part is how cool the vapor is, haha, that's insane, but not worth, imho, I'll just vape a bit slower and enjoy it more I'm finding.

I too have been loving it dry, but wanting it cooler. Right now I'm running my WE at 580 through a dry SOL ashcatcher then into a regular glass bong. This dual-chamber setup provides enough time and contact with glass to cool it nicely. (Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Hn_g1n5oh/)

But check this idea. I want a glassblower to make one of these. Imagine this: we all have pint glasses and ice at home. A simple long glass tube with a 14 mm joint at one end and the mouthpiece at the other, say about 2 feet long. Bend it such that most of the glass tube goes up and down in a narrow cylinder-size space, ie, the size of a pint glass. Goal is, stick the 1-2 feet of bent glass tube in a standard water glass, add ice, and boom: a chilled dry hit. I seriously may ask a glass blower to make one of these, it's really simple.

Here's the thing about water, though. I've been vaping dry a lot. But I find it's still hard on my throat. I use just a teensy big of water in the ashcatcher and it really helps with that aspect while not affecting the high. I do generally concur that, in my experience, the large amount of water in regular bongs can attenuate the high.

Last edited:

Gigsabits53

I have been running the tall straight tube glass piece from NV, dry with an ashcatcher, just a small amount of water in the AC. I'm liking this! I too get that dry harsh throat irritation and I think it helps to add some water. This is the best trade off for me. I dont feel like I'm sacrificing much in flavor.

Gigsabits53,
Reactions: Verax

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It's because water causes these vaporized plant oils to fall out of phase and condense into a liquid. Condensed oil will never make it into your lungs.

Flower vapor is really a solventless oil extract produced with high heat. Like all things yin and yang, that same heat that helps extract all these precious oils can easily equate to harshness from the vapor. The same resin/oil can be expressed mechanically at far lower temperatures and vaped separately from the plant material, but the integrity of the oil will be affected in some degree due to heating/flash "pasteurization."

It's challenging to "cool" vapor down and not lose anything though. Vapor wants to be hot, if it's not hot enough it will revert into something different.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I almost always go no hydro, for the flavour & fx but I’ve heard a few vaporists rave about using a little warm/hot water. They say it takes care of the dry wonderfully and less condensation of those vaporised plant oils, due to the glass not getting cold. But we’re all different so of course, some like it cold. I nearly said no wrong way to get high, except I remembered: fuck combustion.

I’ve always associated ice & glycerin coils, and I guess even water now, with hot, thick smoke which needs more cooling and filtration. But I really do like using glass and own/use more glass now than I ever did throughout all those wasted years of combustion. I like how switching the glass can really change things up and I think it’s really pretty to look at.

Bumping Spheda

I too have been loving it dry, but wanting it cooler. Right now I'm running my WE at 580 through a dry SOL ashcatcher then into a regular glass bong. This dual-chamber setup provides enough time and contact with glass to cool it nicely. (Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Hn_g1n5oh/)
Yeah, I've thought about an ash catcher to help. Thanks for the tips. Cool rig, btw.

But check this idea. I want a glassblower to make one of these. Imagine this: we all have pint glasses and ice at home. A simple long glass tube with a 14 mm joint at one end and the mouthpiece at the other, say about 2 feet long. Bend it such that most of the glass tube goes up and down in a narrow cylinder-size space, ie, the size of a pint glass. Goal is, stick the 1-2 feet of bent glass tube in a standard water glass, add ice, and boom: a chilled dry hit. I seriously may ask a glass blower to make one of these, it's really simple.
I'd rather not use ice, tbh.

Here's the thing about water, though. I've been vaping dry a lot. But I find it's still hard on my throat. I use just a teensy big of water in the ashcatcher and it really helps with that aspect while not affecting the high. I do generally concur that, in my experience, the large amount of water in regular bongs can attenuate the high.
That's a thought. Don't have an ashcatch to try with currently, I sold mine, but even that ashcatch was a double honeycomb recycling ashcatch, it would filter waaaay to much with water, i'd have to use that dry too.

It's because water causes these vaporized plant oils to fall out of phase and condense into a liquid. Condensed oil will never make it into your lungs.

Flower vapor is really a solventless oil extract produced with high heat. Like all things yin and yang, that same heat that helps extract all these precious oils can easily equate to harshness from the vapor. The same resin/oil can be expressed mechanically at far lower temperatures and vaped separately from the plant material, but the integrity of the oil will be affected in some degree due to heating/flash "pasteurization."

It's challenging to "cool" vapor down and not lose anything though. Vapor wants to be hot, if it's not hot enough it will revert into something different.
Cool. So gotta cool to the point you get maxx flavor and some cooling, but no condensed oils in the rig, and hopefully easy to clean... That's probably the "RBT bong". My dry pieces stay clean for forever it seems, til you get nice running rivers of honey in places. Nice if you're into collecting/consuming that in any way, I'd guess, I've just been tossing.

Last edited:
Bumping Spheda,
Top Bottom