• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Video of the Weedeater with the Mobius Binary Matrix. Note my cobbled together tool comprising the brush and debowler/stirring tool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzs9S4DnOg7/

Just an observation question....
Is it me, or your WeedEater, at your video, looks all scratched at the top???
Is it just dirty???
I’d be curious to know, if it’s scratched, how you managed to do that???
Stay vaped.

Zangano Cruel,
Reactions: nodrog

nodrog

Just an observation question....
Is it me, or your WeedEater, at your video, looks all scratched at the top???
Is it just dirty???
I’d be curious to know, if it’s scratched, how you managed to do that???
Stay vaped.

Good eye. I was so bummed. I often wear this polyester, beat-up, old warm shirt that's a little too big for me. The *first day* I had my WE, the sleeve brushed the hot WE and a thin wisp of smoke went up. Nothing caught on fire! But, the burn/scorch marks appear to be permanent. I've even considered buying a replacement nut just for the looks.

Zangano Cruel

Good eye. I was so bummed. I often wear this polyester, beat-up, old warm shirt that's a little too big for me. The *first day* I had my WE, the sleeve brushed the hot WE and a thin wisp of smoke went up. Nothing caught on fire! But, the burn/scorch marks appear to be permanent. I've even considered buying a replacement nut just for the looks.

Dude, that’s so simple to fix.
Get a cheapo $1 scouring pad, like those green ones used for pans and dishes.
If you go fancier, get a good 3M brand one, the softer kind, I believe they are purple, I can be wrong.
Get some ISO, isopropyl alcohol, and go to town, polishing it, with no fear.
Use a soft scouring pad, NO METALLIC ONES please.
They are green or purple.
I’ve done that several times, and my WeedEater, once, took a bite to my Glass Symphony stand, a kind of plastic, melting it, and it got even on the top holes. It looked awful. Looked like my WeedEater was covered in hard, impossible to get rid off, yellow candle wax. Awful on top of my beautiful purple WeedEater.
Nothing that a green or purple scouring pad wouldn’t fix. Use ISO to help clean and less abrassion.
Good luck and stay vaped man.

wildything

I’m not sure if it’ll work but the cleaner I mentioned on here recently,DC clear, is advertised as being able to remove burned plastic from a quartz banger so I figured it would clean a FP if I ever dropped it on the carpet (my biggest concern with the FP). However since it’s been on there for a while I’m not sure if it would still work for removing it. Here’s a clip from their Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/ByFyDBsAG5U/?hl=en
Edit: @Zangano Cruel that’s probably a cheaper solution and forgot it was recommended before!

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

I’m not sure if it’ll work but the clean I mentioned on here recently is advertised as being able to remove burned plastic from a quartz banger so I figured it would clean a FP if I ever dropped it on the carpet (my biggest concern with the FP). However since it’s been on there for a while I’m not sure if it would still work for removing it. Here’s a clip from their Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/ByFyDBsAG5U/?hl=en
Edit: @Zangano Cruel that’s probably a cheaper solution and forgot it was recommended before!

Titanium is very strong, but there’s always something stronger.
There are certain chemicals, that aren’t Ti safe.
There are some websites, that will tell you exactly what chemicals to use, to clean Ti.
Maybe someone can ask NewVape??
I know my method works well.
Stay vaped.

Gigsabits53

Yeah buddy... itll be posted on the banner on the home page soon. 27hr sale as usual.
This is the sale that I will finally join the FP nation! I have kept a close eye on this thread so I know that I'm going to be buying a high quality vaporizer. I have several good ones but this seems like the one to own right now.

Still trying to decide on V-rod or WE. I will have access to concentrates next year when Illinois gets up and running. I have a D-nail Sic Halo for dabs (which I have not had for months and months), and the WE is cheaper. Going to sleep on it tonight and make the purchase in the morning. I cannot wait to try this device!:)

Baron23

Dude, that’s so simple to fix.
Get a cheapo $1 scouring pad, like those green ones used for pans and dishes.
If you go fancier, get a good 3M brand one, the softer kind, I believe they are purple, I can be wrong.
Get some ISO, isopropyl alcohol, and go to town, polishing it, with no fear.
Use a soft scouring pad, NO METALLIC ONES please.
They are green or purple.
I’ve done that several times, and my WeedEater, once, took a bite to my Glass Symphony stand, a kind of plastic, melting it, and it got even on the top holes. It looked awful. Looked like my WeedEater was covered in hard, impossible to get rid off, yellow candle wax. Awful on top of my beautiful purple WeedEater.
Nothing that a green or purple scouring pad wouldn’t fix. Use ISO to help clean and less abrassion.
Good luck and stay vaped man.
@Zangano Cruel is spot on. Edwyn (New Vape, yeah) has stated a number of time that you can take a scouring pad to your Ti to clean it up as the finish is a bit satin anyway.

Vaporware

@Gigsabits53 Unless you’re very worried about the price difference (which you could probably shrink by requesting a VRod with no dish as long as your D-Nail SiC Halo is the right size - I think it’s 28mm) or you really care about it being a little lighter, I’d go with the VRod. Either one should be great though!

Gigsabits53

@Gigsabits53 Unless you’re very worried about the price difference (which you could probably shrink by requesting a VRod with no dish as long as your D-Nail SiC Halo is the right size - I think it’s 28mm) or you really care about it being a little lighter, I’d go with the VRod. Either one should be great though!
Yes I believe I have a 28mm dish for my Halo. I am leaning toward the V-rod. Having the capability to do dabs and flower at the same time is intriguing. The money difference is not a huge deal but I always try to keep my fun purchases to a reasonable amount, not always successfully. The sale will certainly help so I'm happy for that. :)

started@52

That's a great idea and I can't believe I didn't think of it. Thanks Summer! Man I have wanted to buy this vape for so long. Tomorrow is the day!
Don’t know if it matters to you, you might not notice a difference but the Vrod doesn’t have the 19th hole right in the middle of the diffuser, the weedeater does. Here is a pic of my Vrod converted weedeater. I ordered a 19 hole with the 20% discount going on just to play. I think(here I go again, lol) the reason some people like the Showerhead(has hole in the middle) better then the Vrod for flower has something to do with it. If I use higher temps, I get a lighter spot in the middle of the bowl with the Vrod diffuser, just make a thin spot in the middle of the bowl or stir between draws and it’s all good though.
33991-FC0-9-CAF-4-BFA-9-C7-F-7-B2859479-BD7.jpg
D3-E0-C198-EF19-40-EA-961-B-2-C5-A9792-B08-D.jpg

Last edited:

Vaporware

@started@52 The VRod actually had that middle hole at first, but some people were getting a dark ring at high temps that seemed harder to get with the middle hole plugged, so it was removed from later revisions. There’s a little disagreement about whether or not it’s better overall without that hole, but I don’t think it’s a huge deal either way.

Something about the design of the ShowerHead makes it still probably the most consistent at leaving evenly vaporized loads no matter how you use it (the simpler one piece design makes that easier to achieve), but almost anyone would be happy with any of the heads. :)

I’m glad I still have a ShowerHead (and VRod), but if I were ordering today without having anything, I’d probably buy the WeedEater with a plug for the center hole so I could experiment with that, and the top half of the VRod.

Summer

Long Island, NY
So @VaporWare, conversely, you can buy the Weedeater & the rev B hole plug ($1), the Vrod replacement dish nut ($8) & the NV sic dish ($25) for an add'l. $34? This would prob. be the better option if one's gonna predominantly use flower & yet have the sic dish for the occasional dab or twax, right?

Vaporware

So @VaporWare, conversely, you can buy the Weedeater & the rev B hole plug ($1), the Vrod replacement dish nut ($8) & the NV sic dish ($25) for an add'l. $34? This would prob. be the better option if one's gonna predominantly use flower & yet have the sic dish for the occasional dab or twax, right?

Pretty much, but you do need the VRod Head part too ($32) and if you have a 28mm D-Nail dish already, you can use that.

I might pick up a WeedEater eventually just to play with it, and the setup above would be my choice if I were to order some version of the VRod/WeedEater set now, but for someone who just wants one thing to handle flower and concentrates I’d just pick up the VRod and not worry about the rest.

Fortunately, there are no wrong answers here. :)

7/10 sale is on, by the way!

Vaporware

@Summer The “diffuser” part is the one that has 18 or 19 holes (VRod vs WeedEater), the “head” part I mentioned only has options for coil wrap direction.

The VRod does currently come with an 18 hole diffuser though, and the WeedEater comes with a 19th in the center. You can just buy the parts and mix and match any way you want anyway. :)

Summer

Long Island, NY
By George, I got it! - at least I think so. Was confused by diffuser vs. head. So, yes, you'd still want the center plug for the WE diffuser to set your personal airflow preference when switching over to the Vrod.

So going with the WE, it's costing $66 more for the Vrod parts - which is a savings of $49 over buying both the weedeater and vrod separately.
Going with the Vrod it will only cost $25 more for the WE nut for which you are sacrificing the 19th hole.
So, if you do both herb & flower regularly you'd be better served by buying both rather than switching back & forth. But If you use herb or concentrate infrequently you could save yourself a few dollars by buying just 1 with configurable parts.

:tup:

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
I always recommend the Vrod. Even if you dont dab, save the dabbing part for rainy day...as they say...versatility is everything. And frankly, I couldnt tell you the difference in flower performance between the two, unles you count the temp difference... they still have that FP taste though. Anyone disagree?

This is the sale that I will finally join the FP nation! I have kept a close eye on this thread so I know that I'm going to be buying a high quality vaporizer. I have several good ones but this seems like the one to own right now.

Still trying to decide on V-rod or WE. I will have access to concentrates next year when Illinois gets up and running. I have a D-nail Sic Halo for dabs (which I have not had for months and months), and the WE is cheaper. Going to sleep on it tonight and make the purchase in the morning. I cannot wait to try this device!:)

wildman420

The Most Interesting Monkey in the World
in my opinion the VROD is better for flower than the Weedeater. I want to like the WE it looks nice but it doesnt retain the heat as well as the VROD. I have to run the WE at much higher temps than the VROD to get the same effects. Also, if you even occasionally dab you will be better served by the VROD.

I currently have over $3k worth of NewVape shiny stuff in my collection. I have every head made and the only one I own two of is the VROD. Its that good.

started@52

Temps and heat up time.
I turned my NV PID off this morning to perform an “autotune” to the pid. After it completed it seamed to get to temp much faster, at least on the pid screen. Mine is NOT ready to use as soon as the temperature stabilizes plus 60 seconds at the temperature I’m currently using which is 630°, it probably would be if I turned it up to 700-725. I believe the users that turn their units off after a session have to run them at higher temps because they are not completely heat soaked enough to be used at lower temps yet, and the users that leave them on all the time use lower temperatures because they are as heat soaked as they can possibly get at the set temp.
I also found that if you carefully rest your FP on the cleaning spike(tip in one of the center holes) while heating from cold it will be ready to use much faster Resting on that post acts as a heat sink and needs to be heated up as well as your FP. Try this at your own risk if you choose, lol. When mine is left on the post all day, even the big base of the stand gets warm. Warm enough that I fill one of the bowl holder holes with scented oil and it really makes the room smell pleasant and hides any weed smell. So it really is also an aroma therapy unit. ;)
I need to edit this as my heat up time has changed dramatically. Don’t know if it was the autotune I ran or if the coil needed to get conditioned, or if I just got use to using the correct draw speed for a given temperature but... I can now turn the unit on from room temp and be making clouds at 575° With the weedeater nut on my Vrod after only two minutes. Seems like it heats up a lot faster then it did the first couple of days. Anyone know more detail about the autotune on the NV pid? Not sure if Auber has a similar function. Thanks and sorry if I mislead anyone about the warm up time.

started@52,
Reactions: EmDeemo
Top Bottom