• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Unless glass dust, or tiny particles, can make it through the airpath of a D-Cup or a VROD, then a bowl, with or without screen, and finally a dry or water rig, and finally pop out to the empty chamber of a rig, to lastly go up the mouthpiece of that glass rig, defying the laws of physics and nature, then through your lips, pass your teeth, pass your tongue, then your throat, and finally make it to your lungs......
Naaaaa, I think and imo you’ll be pretty fine.
What are the odds??
Probably it’s easier to die in a crash accident, than inhaling glass dust from a cracked dabbing glass pearl.
But to each, their own paranoias.
If you ever snorted or bumped something “Colombian” through your nostrils, you’ll know what I’m talking about jajajajajaja
Stay vaped.

started@52

Temps and heat up time.
I turned my NV PID off this morning to perform an “autotune” to the pid. After it completed it seamed to get to temp much faster, at least on the pid screen. Mine is NOT ready to use as soon as the temperature stabilizes plus 60 seconds at the temperature I’m currently using which is 630°, it probably would be if I turned it up to 700-725. I believe the users that turn their units off after a session have to run them at higher temps because they are not completely heat soaked enough to be used at lower temps yet, and the users that leave them on all the time use lower temperatures because they are as heat soaked as they can possibly get at the set temp.
I also found that if you carefully rest your FP on the cleaning spike(tip in one of the center holes) while heating from cold it will be ready to use much faster Resting on that post acts as a heat sink and needs to be heated up as well as your FP. Try this at your own risk if you choose, lol. When mine is left on the post all day, even the big base of the stand gets warm. Warm enough that I fill one of the bowl holder holes with scented oil and it really makes the room smell pleasant and hides any weed smell. So it really is also an aroma therapy unit. ;)

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I believe the users that turn their units off after a session have to run them at higher temps because they are not completely heat soaked enough to be used at lower temps yet, and the users that leave them on all the time use lower temperatures because they are as heat soaked as they can possibly get at the set temp.
Speak for yourself brah, I run at 747 F for fast complete extraction. Regardless of what temperature I am running, I try to give it 10 mins to heat soak. Heck with my Splinter Z sitting here, I'm never in that much of a hurry,

nspatient

@NewVape710 One thing I'd love to see, is a little storage bowl for terp pearls that would fit the safety stand (3004). I was thinking that a little AL bowl that had a handle/post that fit into the larger drilled hole on the edge of the stand, and the cup would hang over the edge. Think Mickey Mouse with one ear.

Edit: and also some storage for some tweezers!

wildything

So I've been doing the qtip dipped in distilled water after every dab to clean my VROD SiC, like is recommended here, and yet there was still build up after a week or so. I started using DC Clear cleaner on my Newvape SiC dish and its been working wonders at cleaning it spotless in no time! Here is a quote from their site

"a non-toxic, non-carcinogenic, unscented cleaning solution for surfaces such as acrylic, porcelain, metal, cotton wick, glass and specialty glasses like quartz, and synthetic ruby and sapphire."

I messaged them and they confirmed it is safe to use on SiC nails. To clean the nail I just turn down the enail temp low and keep qtipping with DC clear until its clean. But the build up resin starts peeling off and disintegrate immediately! I also leave the SiC balls in the cleaner overnight and the build up wipes right off the next day. I really like using this cleaner instead of ISO and just wanted to recommend it for fellow VROD users. But I'd stay away from Amazon after reading about fakes and buy from a reputable seller.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I believe the users that turn their units off after a session have to run them at higher temps because they are not completely heat soaked enough to be used at lower temps yet, and the users that leave them on all the time use lower temperatures because they are as heat soaked as they can possibly get at the set temp.
I also found that if you carefully rest your FP on the cleaning spike(tip in one of the center holes) while heating from cold it will be ready to use much faster Resting on that post acts as a heat sink and needs to be heated up as well as your FP. Try this at your own risk if you choose, lol. When mine is left on the post all day, even the big base of the stand gets warm. Warm enough that I fill one of the bowl holder holes with scented oil and it really makes the room smell pleasant and hides any weed smell. So it really is also an aroma therapy unit. ;)

Yeah, no on your leave it on all the time low temp point :)

Im at 575 and regularly turn mine off. I dont think I've ever once impatiently waited for the head to heat soak, tho I have made a thorough heat soak part of my routine just for the sake of it (same when I put the VRod head on the bowl. I leave it for a few seconds to come back up to temp).

Turn it on PID, make a coffee, use the FP, drink coffee*

As for your other point about the stand, I sometimes use the heat post to heat up jars of rosin after the head has been on the glass for a minute or so :) Handy for mixing, or loosening up a bit of solid BHO or whatever.

*Coffee is optional and can be replaced with other quick activities/drinks

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
@NewVape710 One thing I'd love to see, is a little storage bowl for terp pearls that would fit the safety stand (3004). I was thinking that a little AL bowl that had a handle/post that fit into the larger drilled hole on the edge of the stand, and the cup would hang over the edge. Think Mickey Mouse with one ear.

Edit: and also some storage for some tweezers!
They have a new stand called the AM/PM which has this feature, however it is not yet listed on their site. The dual PID stand does have this feature and is listed, but imho to have this look correct you would need to buy the dual PID and another coil and head.

started@52

What size joints do you guys prefer on your glass for the FP? They only offer 18 so I figured that would be what worked best and ordered. After using mine with their side stem model(with water) I would like to try a 14mm to ad just a little more draw resistance. Right now I have to draw real slow to get great vapor and it’s a narrow margin between charring the top layer even at 575-600°.

started@52,

Morty

I'm committed to always have a small inventory of the SH parts
:bowdown:THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! :bowdown: I'm currently abstaining (not 4 tolerance reasons; job) & I want my 1st hit back 2 B from the SH. Can't wait! Been keyword searching back through the thread. What a delight. Wanna try some convection dabs using the Crafty/Mighty concentrate pads & the Elev8r flavor discs. And of course, concentrate sandwiches! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:Oh, and we can't forget the occasional TWAX hit. :tup:

...so I've been using three pearls in my showerhead using the shower cap (diagonal air hole) and I feel I can kill a bowl quicker in one hit... Pretty sure I got the idea from someone who posted earlier...
Hey JTF, are you using Quartz Terp Beads (ahem, I mean...pearls :rofl: :razz:) or the SiC ones ? If the quartz, are you using the 5mm ones from NV or the 6mm ones from 710 Coils ? TIA! Kewl shit.

(Glad to C your old avatar back. One of my favs!)

Yasssssssssssssss!!! that is my favorite. The FP is the only vape that i have used that extracts caviar/moonrocks completely!!!!!
:o Damn man, & u have (had ? :shrug:) an SV3 too! HUGE praise! This device will vape anything & everything in it's sight. Might have 2 try vaping a chunk of a weed brownie in there once I'm back on the weed wagon. :uhh: :mental::science:

Vaporware

What size joints do you guys prefer on your glass for the FP? They only offer 18 so I figured that would be what worked best and ordered. After using mine with their side stem model(with water) I would like to try a 14mm to ad just a little more draw resistance. Right now I have to draw real slow to get great vapor and it’s a narrow margin between charring the top layer even at 575-600°.

I don’t feel a huge difference between the 14 and 18mm. Maybe the 10mm would be more noticeable, but the way most of us add restriction if we want it is with the carb cap.

You could also experiment with the little plugs they sell, but that will change the airflow more and may or may not give you great results.

Vaporware,
Reactions: Summer

started@52

Going Mobile as The Who would say
F4-B4-FB89-C274-4-DF7-8-C1-D-3-A8-F8-DA33661.jpg

B98-B9875-2199-4-D8-F-B4-CA-496759728-CC3.jpg

PandaLee

Right now I have to draw real slow to get great vapor and it’s a narrow margin between charring the top layer even at 575-600°

So many variables, like the amount of heat you use (me at 700f now), draw spead, using the carb cap for the whole hit, partially or not at all, joint size and type, and also the rig type you hit it out of (size, percs, type of pull, etc). And it's not a bad thing, it's more like a 'personalization' type of thing and a crazy ride finding the set-ups you enjoy the most.

I'm slowly settling into my favorite rigs for dabbing and flower. Think I'm good with dabs now, so my next search is either a real nice functioning bubble stacker for flower (like one of those Rooster fritted disc percs)...or maybe a more medium-sized flavor chaser for flower (maybe something like the Mobius Ion Matrix ii)

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
So many variables, like the amount of heat you use (me at 700f now), draw spead, using the carb cap for the whole hit, partially or not at all, joint size and type, and also the rig type you hit it out of (size, percs, type of pull, etc). And it's not a bad thing, it's more like a 'personalization' type of thing and a crazy ride finding the set-ups you enjoy the most.

I'm slowly settling into my favorite rigs for dabbing and flower. Think I'm good with dabs now, so my next search is either a real nice functioning bubble stacker for flower (like one of those Rooster fritted disc percs)...or maybe a more medium-sized flavor chaser for flower (maybe something like the Mobius Ion Matrix ii)
I've never tried the fritt with flower it might be difficult to keep clean with our fine grind.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Man I haven't seen people talk about Dave Goldstein "Rooster Apparatus" fritted disks in almost 10 years, since the major decline of US made scientific glass.

The fritted disk was always horrible to clean, the frit is more of a filter medium than a percolator. I always liked the Waffle perc by SGW for something that stacked bubbles without being a bitch to clean like the fritted disk or the matrix perc. And I always day dreamed of a Peyote Pillar!

PandaLee

I haven't tried a rooster, just really like the function videos I've seen and they're not badly priced.

I'm going to go function test a few today at the lhs and i plan on getting a new flower piece on 7/10. Thanks for the tips y'all.

I'm pretty happy with my dab setup now. I wouldn't call it stoner-engineering since it's nothing special lol, more like stoner-rigging. Tabletop monitor riser and thingamajiga for the coil cord. I don't have to break my neck hitting this awesome little rig and the cord doesn't tug! Actually adds some downward pressure and stability (I'm still holding on for dear life when hitting it!).

20190706-122134-HDR-2.jpg

n3EDYuP

Last edited:

started@52

I FEEL LIKE SUCH AN IDIOT

This is what happens when you lift a 650° Flowerpot off of its post and try to unscrew it to move it to a new location. 100% my fault of course and the funny thing is this was on my first bowl of the day so I can’t even blame the MJ. It’s very embarrassing and almost talked myself out of showing everyone but I figured everyone considering owning one should see that they can be very dangerous. If I did this while using a friends I still would have bought one and will continue to use mine multiple times a day, not trying to scare anyone off, just keeping it real.
721-EBB0-E-BCB9-4708-8457-D91575-AF895-B.jpg

0-EB821-CF-33-DF-4625-855-A-15-BE5-A821-CA3.jpg

23-D643-D9-559-F-4628-B92-A-57-AFEC94718-E.jpg

D249-CC5-A-A7-B8-49-EE-B3-CB-BA9-EA5-C67928.jpg

thevapist

Looks like a decent burn. I've only brushed the head or post quickly and never got anything too bad. Now, grabbing the hot carb cap is another issue for me lol.

But yea, it's a dangerous piece of equipment compared to the other "contained" heating element vapes. I like it, almost like a manual car or something. Well worth the extra effort.

thevapist,
Top Bottom