• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Cilleire

EuroVapeSim2
I’m at about 3/4 of a Nv scoop of medium/fine grind @ 570 on the auber capped with 2 SiC terp pearls and a revA vrod and I'm probably getting 3 full almost instant vapour hits (pretty long draw and fast enough to spin the pearls) and a bit of cleanup. I think the combo of cap and pearls is giving it a more even cook but it’s difficult to tell whether it’s the angled cap and/or pearls making the difference

Hey, I just recieved my vrod a few weeks ago, I've seen terp pearls discussed when using flower, I'm just a bit confused. Are you putting the terp pearls in the halo or in the flower bowl? I'm not sure how the pearls would affect vaping flower if the pearls are in the top but I'm also new the the flowerpot so still coming to grips with it.

Cilleire,

PandaLee

Hey, I just recieved my vrod a few weeks ago, I've seen terp pearls discussed when using flower, I'm just a bit confused. Are you putting the terp pearls in the halo or in the flower bowl? I'm not sure how the pearls would affect vaping flower if the pearls are in the top but I'm also new the the flowerpot so still coming to grips with it.

In the top, where they'd go for a dab. I feel they do something with the airflow on bigger rigs when doing a capped hit. They spin in there and help get the air going! That's what I feel, when I try on my Zob piece (couple pages back video) with and without the pearls. When I do non-capped hits on my other rigs or the Zob (but it's better capped), they do nothing. I dab and vape flower pretty evenly, so I just keep my four terp pearls in there most the time and clean around them after dabs.

Other cool thing, they start spinning really fast, the rig vibrates and sounds like centrifuge...almost feel like I'm going to open a blackhole or other dimension!

Last edited:

thevapist

I don't always cap flower hits, but when I do, I definitely notice less "ring" from the pearls it seems. They are probably doing something to make the airflow more even.

I don't get that big of a ring anyway. Fast draw and no over-packed loads.

Jazz_Cabbage

Anyone here use their FP with a 10mm rig?

I’m currently using my weedeater on a 18mm tube with a matrix Perc and enjoy the experience. But I’m looking into getting a new heady piece and while I’m thinking of going with a 14mm, a 10mm rig has caught my eye. I’ve personally never hit a 10mm rig, but I’m worried the restriction may be an issue? I know many dabbers prefer 10mm, but flower is generally 14/18mm. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Heres a vid of my Vrod on a small 10mm recycler.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByG3_gygBUy/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I find the restriction is fine as long as you keep your screen nice and clean. Double deckers are nutty through these small rigs.

Jazz_Cabbage,
Reactions: BigJr48

Cilleire

EuroVapeSim2
In the top, where they'd go for a dab. I feel they do something with the airflow on bigger rigs when doing a capped hit. They spin in there and help get the air going! That's what I feel, when I try on my Zob piece (couple pages back video) with and without the pearls. When I do non-capped hits on my other rigs or the Zob (but it's better capped), they do nothing. I dab and vape flower pretty evenly, so I just keep my four terp pearls in there most the time and clean around them after dabs.

Other cool thing, they start spinning really fast, the rig vibrates and sounds like centrifuge...almost feel like I'm going to open a blackhole or other dimension!
I don't always cap flower hits, but when I do, I definitely notice less "ring" from the pearls it seems. They are probably doing something to make the airflow more even.

I don't get that big of a ring anyway. Fast draw and no over-packed loads.

Thanks for clearing that up, I couldn't imagine how terp perls in the bowl itself would work, unless something similar to the Davinci IQ like extra conduction in the bowl.

I have to say the vrod absolutely rips flower, it got me stupid stoned a few time now and I've loved concentrates with it, I've only used quartz bangers and a saionara which are nothing in comparison to this beast.

PandaLee

I wonder if I should get a drop down or extension if I were to use a nice heady rig with the Vrod. I haven't had any heat or excessive reclaim issues. I always remove the vrod and bowl from a rig's joint after I'm done with my session. Same thing with my carb cap...the insulated handles look cool, but mine has never gotten too hot to hold. I guess if I'd have a gathering and people would hit it one after the other, then I can see a heat issue.

I always scoffed at the idea of dropping hundreds (and some drop thousands) on 'heady' glass piece, but I started following some artists and I'm getting a little interested. If I catch a deal or an up and comer, and there's great function too, I may drop some coin. But I'd probably only use for concentrates...most these heady pieces are much smaller than they look in pics!

PandaLee,

Baron23

I wonder if I should get a drop down or extension if I were to use a nice heady rig with the Vrod.
I do....not so much with quartz bangers, but with Ti joint/glass joint like Liger/VROD/Dcup I do worry a bit about expansion and possible cracking of a USA made rig with hand made joints.

Drop downs are cheap protection, IMO.

Now, with all of that said...I have never broken a drop from expansion. So, take it all with a grain of salt.

Jazz_Cabbage

I do....not so much with quartz bangers, but with Ti joint/glass joint like Liger/VROD/Dcup I do worry a bit about expansion and possible cracking of a USA made rig with hand made joints.

Drop downs are cheap protection, IMO.

Now, with all of that said...I have never broken a drop from expansion. So, take it all with a grain of salt.
Totally agree losing a $40 drop is much better than losing my $400 recycler that I can never truly replace.
Personally I like how the drop collects most of the stubborn gunk and when I go to clean my rigs I can just boil them clean.

thevapist

dhgate rigs will be here in the next few days. I will not miss being stuck on 14mm. I also don't miss the blowback on the stereo matrix, lol.

thevapist,
Reactions: EmDeemo

nspatient

I'd like to see a collection box that sits in the largest cutout in the Safety Stand and Debowler (3004). I don't use the included debowler spike there because:

1. I don't want my cats to eat the AVB
  2. potential to scatter
  3. picking up the base to dump it out is a little unwieldy.

I'm thinking a cylindrical container with a slightly smaller diameter than the cutout, and with similar AVB collection holes, lid fastening and threading for the brush would be great. Maybe put a lip on the lid or a heavy slope.

I keep a small Libby jar in the cutout now, but I wouldn't mind an upgrade.

Haha, ask and you shall receive! This looks awesome!

wildman420

The Most Interesting Monkey in the World
Someone is hitting the vrod a little too much. Terp pearls are not going to do shit if your just smoking herb except spin and make noise. Their purpose is to help keep the dabs from pooling and aid in the quicker vaporization of the matierial.

WelshBrok

Someone is hitting the vrod a little too much. Terp pearls are not going to do shit if your just smoking herb except spin and make noise. Their purpose is to help keep the dabs from pooling and aid in the quicker vaporization of the matierial.

Actually it’s more heated surface area, seems to affect the stream tube effect and I’m seeing more even heating for flower. Their purpose is dabs but I’m actually finding them more useful for flower as dabs tend to get splashed around the dish nut if you spin the pearls too fast too early.

I’ve a/b it with and without pearls and the pearls 100% make a difference over cap alone.

Edit: actually I guess terp pearls won’t do anything if you are just smoking herb, given the pearls go in a vape :lol:

thevapist

Actually it’s more heated surface area, seems to affect the stream tube effect and I’m seeing more even heating for flower. Their purpose is dabs but I’m actually finding them more useful for flower as dabs tend to get splashed around the dish nut if you spin the pearls too fast too early.

I’ve a/b it with and without pearls and the pearls 100% make a difference over cap alone.

Edit: actually I guess terp pearls won’t do anything if you are just smoking herb, given the pearls go in a vape :lol:

Yep, 1000000% over here too.

This guy needs to take a lap ;)

thevapist,

wildman420

The Most Interesting Monkey in the World

I’m not following. The surface area doesn’t change that much. Regardless, Air follows the path of least resistance. The surface area of dabs is increased as the balls spread the resin around. Without resin they are just spinning. The pearls and vrod head should be all the same temp once it has stabilized. The physics just don’t compute.

FWIW - I typically don’t cap my flower as it restricts the draw and brings me close to combustion.

wildman420,
Reactions: Baron23

WelshBrok

I’m not following. The surface area doesn’t change that much. Regardless, Air follows the path of least resistance. The surface area of dabs is increased as the balls spread the resin around. Without resin they are just spinning. The pearls and vrod head should be all the same temp once it has stabilized. The physics just don’t compute.

FWIW - I typically don’t cap my flower as it restricts the draw and brings me close to combustion.

The terp pearls move around the dish which is the same channel the angled cap is forcing air into. The pearls are hot and they move through the air being pulled through the vrod. Therefore the air is in contact with more heated surface area.

This also disrupts the easiest path for the air through the vrod as the movement of the pearls creates its own current theoretically affecting the stream tube effect. This means air is more evenly heated, which means the herb is more evenly heated.

I’m running at 560 on the controller so no worries about combustion.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
The terp pearls move around the dish which is the same channel the angled cap is forcing air into. The pearls are hot and they move through the air being pulled through the vrod. Therefore the air is in contact with more heated surface area.

This also disrupts the easiest path for the air through the vrod as the movement of the pearls creates its own current theoretically affecting the stream tube effect. This means air is more evenly heated, which means the herb is more evenly heated.

I’m running at 560 on the controller so no worries about combustion.

Plus more thermal mass to help keep the temp stable with large hits.

Roth,

Jazz_Cabbage

This also disrupts the easiest path for the air through the vrod as the movement of the pearls creates its own current theoretically affecting the stream tube effect.

I feel that the pearls create turbulence in the air as it moves through the head. I definitely notice a less pronounced ring in the herb. I use 4 sic pearls with the single hole cap.

Jazz_Cabbage,
Reactions: PandaLee

PandaLee

I definitely feel and see a difference, when CAPPED and especially on airy rigs. After I dab with the vrod, I clean around the terp pearls and leave them in, so they're there when I do a flower hit.

Uncapped they don't do a thing. I don't know about the impact of surface area, it's the affect on air flow that I feel. Kind of like when I feather the carb hole on my Vapcap when I hit that. With the two directional airholes, and my four spinning terp pearls, I feel like I'm 'chopping-up' the airflow a bit while I pull on the rig. Adds little more restriction to the draw in addition to the carp cap being on.

PandaLee,
Reactions: WelshBrok

Justpassedu

I was using the Vrod and Weedeater back to back the other night on NV's dual enail. They both work really well , the WE definitely needs a higher temp to achieve the same results and feels like it has more airflow to me. I tried both without carb capping as well as capping both & kind of like to cap it a few hits in to help get everything out my flowers before I'm done. The Weedeater feels nice being lighter weight , I think I like the Vrod a little better , maybe bc it is a drop more restricted and I just been using it allot longer and have it dialed in. I still gotta try the Vrod with some Terp pearls like everyone is talking about. Can't go wrong with either though , they both hit nice.

Top Bottom