• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

PandaLee

Here's my biggest rig, a Zob with zobello perc...about at the minimum with water level. 18mm female joint. 700 on the NV controller. About four terp balls spinning in there, and after some experimentation I can say that they do help with the airflow. I don't know if they help by creating a whirlwind or something, but definitely helps me with the chugging on a bigger airy rig when capped.

Coustu

I feel like I've had the best results with all the FP's so far when paired with glass that chugs less.

Might be time for me to try some bigger glass again tho.
Agreed! The water piece that came with my FP barely chugged. And it was smooth and fun to use. But I use it more with my existing glass... which only has a slit on down tube for its perc so it chugs away... but only because that glass is easier to stash in my storage tube between uses. The NV glass won’t fit the tube so it stays on a shelf until the kids aren’t home. LOL!

Coustu,
Reactions: EmDeemo

nodrog

More thoughts on the Weedeater. I'm starting to settle into the various ways to use it. This reminds me of the difference between the fun of driving a stick shift and the practicality of driving an automatic.

I wanna create a users guide for this thing, with data and charts.

The goal is to get the air at the right temperature (~430 degrees) when it hits the weed, regardless of speed. This means that a lower temperature is good for slower draws, while a very high temperature will require a fast draw to avoid burning the weed and also should liberate more oils faster. Straightforward, really.

I've been using mine at 590 for a while, take about 6-8 medium draws to kill a bowl (ie, right before it starts to combust a little)

So the question is, how fast and how hot can you go? I was really intrigued by the high rollers idea, have been playing around with 700 degrees, small quantities of weed (1 small scoop), and fast draws. Still can get about 4 draws, going to use a carb cap next.

I'd almost like to graph it with draw speed on one axis and PID temp on the other. But how well it works is also affected by: weed moisture content, how fine the grind is, and how clogged the screen is.

So when I sit down to use this very simple, straightforward little device, I'm considering all those factors as part of my goal to find the right steps to get a bowl killed in about 3-4 big hits, consistently. It's kind of fun. My goodness.

Baron23

More thoughts on the Weedeater. I'm starting to settle into the various ways to use it. This reminds me of the difference between the fun of driving a stick shift and the practicality of driving an automatic.

I wanna create a users guide for this thing, with data and charts.

The goal is to get the air at the right temperature (~430 degrees) when it hits the weed, regardless of speed. This means that a lower temperature is good for slower draws, while a very high temperature will require a fast draw to avoid burning the weed and also should liberate more oils faster. Straightforward, really.

I've been using mine at 590 for a while, take about 6-8 medium draws to kill a bowl (ie, right before it starts to combust a little)

So the question is, how fast and how hot can you go? I was really intrigued by the high rollers idea, have been playing around with 700 degrees, small quantities of weed (1 small scoop), and fast draws. Still can get about 4 draws, going to use a carb cap next.

I'd almost like to graph it with draw speed on one axis and PID temp on the other. But how well it works is also affected by: weed moisture content, how fine the grind is, and how clogged the screen is.

So when I sit down to use this very simple, straightforward little device, I'm considering all those factors as part of my goal to find the right steps to get a bowl killed in about 3-4 big hits, consistently. It's kind of fun. My goodness.
I'm 700 F on the set point of my controller and use a medium draw speed and ALWAYS a carb cap.

I have never combusted nor even come close to combusting.

This is with a Shower Head so YMMV.

nodrog

I'm 700 F on the set point of my controller and use a medium draw speed and ALWAYS a carb cap.

I have never combusted nor even come close to combusting.

This is with a Shower Head so YMMV.

OK. So just blew through a medium bowl, 2 small scoops, at 700 with the carb cap from the Liger. Worked great, seemed to be done after 4 good hits with huge clouds. But, made me cough like a MF'er. I think that regardless of effectiveness, I may need to return to lower temperatures and longer times.

Baron23

OK. So just blew through a medium bowl, 2 small scoops, at 700 with the carb cap from the Liger. Worked great, seemed to be done after 4 good hits with huge clouds. But, made me cough like a MF'er. I think that regardless of effectiveness, I may need to return to lower temperatures and longer times.
Haha. Yeah, makes me cough too but I love it. I would main line MJ if I could (jk). I do like hard and fast effects.
Oh, by the by, I generally load about .15 g. Sometime just .1 but .15 seems to be my sweet spot. I would rather reload than draw a session out too long, myself.
Cheers

Vaporware

You haven’t gone up far enough! You’re still in the medium rollers club. ;)

Try 777 *uncapped* with a small load (just cover the screen) and a medium-fast draw. If you go too slow you could combust, but if you go fast enough you will get a bloom of vapor and then it’ll drop off. At that point I stop and stir.

You can get 1-3 hits this way, depending on your grind, but if you go beyond 2 or 3 you’re likely to singe it or worse.

For me, there is no coughing with this method and there’s plenty of room to add more air into my lungs after I lift the head off the bowl. If you load more than I do though, your results might be different.

You may get similar results with a cap and a bit lower temp, but I havenmt searched for that temp so I can’t tell you what it would be.

I don’t use these temps all the time, but the effects are a bit different than a long slow draw at a low temp, so I think it’s a good option to have available. :)

thevapist

I've gone up to 680 for the hell of it. The dabs are gone in one go, with no where near as much vapour.

Back down to 590 I go :)

How big are your dabs though? I can easily have residue at 680-690, and I'm not doing anything crazy big when that happens. This is VROD with SiC dish and how many pearls?

I have been playing with lower temps lately. They are nice but I just like full extraction for both flower and extract. I know, "waste it to taste it", but it all tastes just fine to me. I like getting it all in one dense cloud as opposed to wispier hits.

I still haven't combusted at ~700 after almost half a year now. What temp are you guys combusting at? Very slow draw I assume?

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
How big are your dabs though? I can easily have residue at 680-690, and I'm not doing anything crazy big when that happens. This is VROD with SiC dish and how many pearls?

I have been playing with lower temps lately. They are nice but I just like full extraction for both flower and extract. I know, "waste it to taste it", but it all tastes just fine to me. I like getting it all in one dense cloud as opposed to wispier hits.

I still haven't combusted at ~700 after almost half a year now. What temp are you guys combusting at? Very slow draw I assume?

Most dabs I dont get residue at those high temps, there is a small tiny amount of residue at 600 for me tho, but also, the dab is still down in one go and I get a bigger hit from the same size dab. The difference is very noticeable. Strange, but yeah, a very noticeable drop off in the amount of vapour up at 680.

My other variables are 3 quartz terp pearls, two hole carb cap (2nd revision, the heavier one), SiC dish, quartz bowl.

I think thats all the relevant details?

EmDeemo,
Reactions: BigJr48

Vaporware

@thevapist I’ve charred the edges a little, but I’ve never fully combusted. I think that’s because I’ve never gone above 777 uncapped and never used a very slow draw at that speed.

Anyone who doesn’t mind potential combustion to test the limits, by all means see how far you can push it and let us know how it goes!

I think what I described is right on the edge of combustion by the second or third hit on the same flower though, so if you go very far past you may be looking for real 1 hit extraction if that’s possible. I suspect it’s not (except maybe by preheating the bowl) since the side facing away from the heater will always get less heat.

nodrog

OK, really getting this WE process dialed in. I know I've been posting a lot lately, sorry.

I love my Mobius Recurve in part because it has the groovy recycling action. My favorite functional glass piece of all time, really. Anyway, I've been keeping the temperature lower, about 585, and taking long, gentle bubbly hits. Usually taking 6-8 to get through a bowl. But at that temperature, the draw is slow enough that the recycling function doesn't really recycle well. And the thing about the recycling, is when it works well it actually cools the vapor (flower or oil) noticeably.

I'm becoming a convert of the carb cap with the WE, definitely seems to maximize vapor release. Right now, I have it set at 600. Using the carb cap, I can get through a half shovelhead of ground weed in 4 fast, shorter hits. I'm going through less weed, at reasonable temperatures, with less coughing, using fewer hits, and vaporization finally feels like a proper bong rip without combustion.

Fuckin' A, as I used to say!

Also, shout out to the Alien Rock Candy strain from Meraki Gardens here in Oregon. Wowzers....

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
OK, really getting this WE process dialed in. I know I've been posting a lot lately, sorry.

I love my Mobius Recurve in part because it has the groovy recycling action. My favorite functional glass piece of all time, really. Anyway, I've been keeping the temperature lower, about 585, and taking long, gentle bubbly hits. Usually taking 6-8 to get through a bowl. But at that temperature, the draw is slow enough that the recycling function doesn't really recycle well. And the thing about the recycling, is when it works well it actually cools the vapor (flower or oil) noticeably.

I'm becoming a convert of the carb cap with the WE, definitely seems to maximize vapor release. Right now, I have it set at 600. Using the carb cap, I can get through a half shovelhead of ground weed in 4 fast, shorter hits. I'm going through less weed, at reasonable temperatures, with less coughing, using fewer hits, and vaporization finally feels like a proper bong rip without combustion.

Fuckin' A, as I used to say!

Also, shout out to the Alien Rock Candy strain from Meraki Gardens here in Oregon. Wowzers....
Which carb cap are you employing with the WE head? I'm between 650 and 675 uncapped and with long, slow draw I'm getting 90% out of one NV scoop in a single hit. Had a friend over to try the WE last weekend who is a long time bong smoker and after two rips, he had to sit down for a while :D. I am finding that the WE pairs better with some of my glass than others - not crazy about my stereo matrix, which I got for use with the WE, but the stemline piece I'm using now (dhgate search '60mm stemline bent neck') is perfect.

bizwaxzion,

nodrog

Which carb cap are you employing with the WE head? I'm between 650 and 675 uncapped and with long, slow draw I'm getting 90% out of one NV scoop in a single hit. Had a friend over to try the WE last weekend who is a long time bong smoker and after two rips, he had to sit down for a while :D. I am finding that the WE pairs better with some of my glass than others - not crazy about my stereo matrix, which I got for use with the WE, but the stemline piece I'm using now (dhgate search '60mm stemline bent neck') is perfect.

I'm using a Liger carb cap I got a few years ago. Has 2 diagonally angled holes, sits nicely on top of the WE but isn't secure at all.

nodrog,
Reactions: turk

thekayo

Well as far as high temps go the highest I have tried is 825f capped at the start. Milks up very fast and very easy to combust. Just half a sec of cap then a medium to fast draw will leave your bud black but not white.

PandaLee

755 capped is as high as I've gone. 825 sounds scary high...I bet my face will look like your thumbnail pic if I hit it that high!

Well as far as high temps go the highest I have tried is 825f capped at the start. Milks up very fast and very easy to combust. Just half a sec of cap then a medium to fast draw will leave your bud black but not white.

thekayo

Ok so I did some testing today for science of course. Maybe my mail order mary just came in lol. Anyway back to science. The first hit was at 825f uncapped with about a 0.25g bowl. The second hit is at 845f capped with 0.1g in the bowl. I was enjoying some black cherry punch and jelly breath.
KohPL0HlTmoVEvcDJwoj6xEbhi8T-zlvQOL-gFhMyWvz-dNEflDMnZQQRAz5NV7EHhCpB_uZUA12uZrCIw1QyT23bA7Sqi1ylmWyCW3VfAuNSvLoQJL2LmJDTWU6h7099ihM-McqllXv5ayb68MtnRPrmftEucB97enAiOho7UVNnwa8cQYaaaEFahVvYNeCGuFNJWg6LBPnyU_ZsKxpZH43LuWcxu9wglh4WuBGPZOTnnwISN8leR6AuZmmZGlydAgrMxqNKWftbsvxg78jwd2OnD-M3pWxxP2jJ4idPNkgzJ5HxBZbnb_KEj0ZH1eubA9zilFdtJX6oNzq6uBTHPaBMpDU1GDg5Dy9jslgb0aCd4V_jc4eAAugtjRHng0PAqu-RD-5-rz6mTk6ollMQQ03kKCfmcQkgUuq1lpmUB-lAAmNdejqEWaJhjLEAWbYsOH2Qyki-USV3MrCfF2yedL_Y8X6gAMPE750JrhZVOb0oae1EGj15UnSqkRqHdHNWvma9T1yDFYEXppQgYtE4w5Cpwe3Lt8cL_7aMnfwaWA3qZ3l5IK4xATGuUbomAavILVwMPOV-ZV4tJdOAmIXf-Epxmr9AI8ueZYamZWzV61aLnBqlzhOAVT4QpgsM0BDj8CzdpCbqgQR5KfwaoNz4Mm08t9UIm8U=w999-h1332-no

I4iDNywc4VfPcPjlVWN0lyk8wahMqGAbxHcU-G_MtXotxoxZ4Jbzoxpq-hhUIRf8VztACxjw8EbdaRdGFf5kenCh3Mm_RcRnLs_46LnljM9mNCiqOFkgOL32un_hrthSWSPdXcst9rDDRlrcshqdJFF-ANN4CeZPaLwMDPkN8qYPf_zsxBn4iIzVGdmDlmPmFEkdGsZ6nZDWm65kzlTy7ioAjRND96EjEQPy19Ptnwsx-Zwa4O4HUttPMEIWVlLLrvEJWsItNzlytWxW8UXuw7GiF_M-3kcu1Wapqr6oXWJEV3gEDJ2rfSJzTYyhfNun_7WLCrhOHt9heha3TJbGvVgIp0fjN9nsEdkrf-pDCOOJuAaRkDUSSCmF05zoG2DU-AJJ20qrziJglTwcQ2p8pfTUdXWg7jH706rnsgmZp90FkW4F0H_70wRBdeGXaRY0YOdX3637PWL983xu43huqZEWGiy7HspDSOT1-g2ftK0Brtx-GoatfS7_q-I42y-gjaV_PpYf8hthParfX1UlYqb9dki3sFgE7Q-fzaG8AXqgIq2iuqb6qNqm7KLoLHdLAzvsPr0tmym3OV3QCxKljyrgmZDhufHveDg52hQ9Wu3wnY-S4i3kaRwCEWqC3AFleEfMMHUv5fw16Gu8vuK2bHIVhcbcWWb8=w1776-h1332-no

aDeQLArQYH4m1gf67

YG15E1qimNcxZUtK8

kilo

As far as coughing goes, I found that two quick hits of a half scoop at 750º were virtually cough-free. But I prefer lower temps in the 680º - 710º range where I can put two scoops in the bowl and consume in a less hasty manner. I find that if I make my first inhalation on the moderate side and allow some time for the vapor to take effect I can reduce the tendency to cough when I take more hits.

stinkytofus

I do 700, .15g, slow draw, cloudy:), carb cap restricts airflow too much for me so i dont even use it on sh or vrod

Best three desktops ive used are this, evo and maxx, all three produces crazy vapor for me, effects excellent too, be sure to clean often, once a week if you're heavy user, when devices get gunked up, the effects are less for sure

Top Bottom