• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Vaporware

Really? When I don't use the carb cap it seems like there is not a whole lot of vapour. I'll try again with a tiny amount of flower (w & w/o carb cap) and see how it compares

If I use a very small amount I turn up the temp (with the ShowerHead I was using 711 or higher, up to 777 with a ramped medium-fast draw - haven’t tried on the VRod yet but temps should be a little lower for the same effect), and when I use a larger load I use a lower temp (mid 500s to low-mid 600s with a very slow draw).

Occasionally I’ll add the cap to increase early vapor production at lower temps, but personally I don’t usually need that extra bump. :)

If you raise the temp into the high 600s or above though, be careful! With a slow draw and the cap on you start to run the risk of combusting. :\

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Really? When I don't use the carb cap it seems like there is not a whole lot of vapour. I'll try again with a tiny amount of flower (w & w/o carb cap) and see how it compares
All depends what temperature you're running, your draw speed and the glass used.
I adjust my temps to suit my preferred draw and rarely if ever use the cap with flower
Faster draw = higher set temp. Slower pull = lower set temp

Pb**

@Pyr0
@VaporWare

Using the vrod, I have the temp set to ~650. Generally, I draw at a medium-fast rate, with the carb cap on, using a small dab rig and the bowl fairly full

What are some tips to help get bigger hit with out the carb cap? Just bump them temp and take a medium/fast draw

Pb**,
Reactions: BigJr48

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@Pyr0
@VaporWare

Using the vrod, I have the temp set to ~650. Generally, I draw at a medium-fast rate, with the carb cap on, using a small dab rig and the bowl fairly full

What are some tips to help get bigger hit with out the carb cap? Just bump them temp and take a medium/fast draw

Have you tried using a better bud? If you're not getting a big hit at 650 capped on the VROD thats all I could think of. Maybe try drawing half the speed.

invertedisdead,

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
@Pyr0
@VaporWare

Ah, I didn't realise you have the VROD, sorry.
I'm running my showerhead at 635 on my Auber controller (was around 660 on the vapecode controller)
When I had a VROD I had to use the carb cap every time with flower to ensure it cooked properly.

Are you grinding finely?
Is the herb fully dried out?

Last edited:
Pyr0,

Pb**

Ah, I didn't realise you have the VROD, sorry.
I'm running my showerhead at 635 on my Auber controller
When I had a VROD I had to use the carb cap every time with flower to ensure it cooked properly.

Are you grinding finely?
Is the herb fully dried out?

Herb is ground and fairly dry.
Just need to dial it in.

I mean, I'm getting decent vapour from the vrod w carb cap but it's not "white walling" my rig. Which is what someone who has it told me (using the shower hea). Not sure how much of a difference there is with that vs vrod

Pb**,

Vaporware

I’ve never actually tried to dial that in because I can get more than I can handle comfortably even without whiting it out, but here are a few things I can think of to look at:

1. Flower quality and moisture level. I haven’t done direct comparisons, but I feel like I don’t get as much (or at least as high quality) vapor when the flower’s very dry. Humidity’s very low here, so if I leave it out it can get pretty dry. ;)

2. Air leaks. This is not a common problem but it’s possible that you have some extra air getting in, so I’d try just covering the bowl with your hand and trying to pull air through to make sure you can’t get much airflow.

If you can, try to identify where it’s coming from. It could be an uneven glass joint, an adjustable bowl that needs adjustment or just can’t seal to your glass because of its shape, etc.

3. Your glass may just have too much volume to show it. The FlowerPot has very open airflow, and even with the cap on it’s not very restricted relative to a lot of vaporizers, so rather than collecting in the can a lot of the vapor is making it through to your lungs, especially if you don’t have an extremely slow draw.

That doesn’t mean you’re getting less vapor, just that you’re not seeing it all at once.

So here’s what I’d try if you still want to see “milk”:

Put some quality flower in an airtight container with a Boveda pack or other safe source of humidity, try a smaller glass piece with a very flat joint that the bowl can definitely seal well on, turn up the temp a little at a time (testing every 10 degrees or so) and see how slow you can draw. A slow draw should be easiest with a small can, low water level and a fairly simple perc.

Also, I’ve tried different grinds and a fine grind should be good, but I’ve never tried packing it down...might be worth a try, and you could get more in the bowl that way for sure.

Anyone have an opinion on that?

In the end though, I’d be less concerned with how it looks between the bowl and your lungs than how well it works, and if you just want a hard hit here’s what works for me:

1. Set the controller to 700 or more (I don’t go past 777 on the ShowerHead and I’d probably stick with 750 or less on VRod).

2. Load a fairly small amount in the bowl (I just cover the screen but you can probably use 2x that or more, just don’t try a huge load the first time).

3. Leave the cap off or keep the temp a little lower to compensate.

4. Start with a medium draw ramping up to fast as you see vapor coming, stopping and lifting the head once you see the vapor trailing off.

5. Stir. It should extract a lot in a quick burst and then you’ll need to stir it before hitting it again to expose the surfaces that haven’t already been blasted clean. You’ll probably get 2 maybe 3 draws out of it, at least with a small load.

If none of that works for you, let us know if anything helped or if you have any ideas about what might be wrong. One way or another the FP should get you there! :science: :rockon:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
What @VaporWare said, and to add to that very fine grind. Filling the bowl half way should not be necessary unless you have 4 foot tall glass piece. I’m running double weave screens, ShowerHead, NewVape PID at 747 F and no carb cap and can milk the glass on my double stereo matrix (procured from NewVape) every time.

SonSzu

Just want to thank everyone ITT for being so helpful.

Can VROD owners comment on the air flow? Unrestricted and completely open? Semi restricted? Very restricted?

I'm making my final tallys before ordering

tb42091

I go anywhere from 1/2 of a scoop which is basically a small pile in the middle of the bowl, to 3 scoops which is only slightly under the rim of the bowl.

I almost always use the carb cap and prefer it heat soaked beforehand but it makes less of a difference on the VROD vs the showerhead. Edit: the heat soak I mean, not the cap itself....the vrod IMO benefits from the cap more for flower because it tends to leave the flower less evenly vaped without it.

I think the drop in pressure at bowl level when using the carb cap helps a lot with full bowl, 1-2 hit extraction.

Edit: the vrod is pretty much just as open as the showerhead....only decision you'll need to make is number of holes on your carb cap. I chose 1 to help drop bowl pressure but of you dont like drag go with more.

Another edit: the full bowl, single hit extraction is the equivalent of a dab of full spectrum for me pretty much which is why I enjoy massive packs sometimes

Last edited:

Vaporware

Just want to thank everyone ITT for being so helpful.

Can VROD owners comment on the air flow? Unrestricted and completely open? Semi restricted? Very restricted?

I'm making my final tallys before ordering

Since @tb42091 compared the VRod to the ShowerHead’s restriction and you may not be familiar with it, the airflow is very open. People who prefer restriction use the carb cap to add some, but it’ll never have the restriction of something like a native VapCap unless you get a custom carb cap with a tiny hole.

Baron23

Noob question, does anybody notice that the vrod head doesn't sit perfectly level on the bowl? (Without holding it)

So far this thing is wicked, love it!
Yes, same with Shower Head....the heater does, after all, need to fit but also be easy to put on and remove so a little bit of space in there is desireable, IMO.

I always use the carb cap and I hold the cap down to level the heater.

Baron23,

SonSzu

I go anywhere from 1/2 of a scoop which is basically a small pile in the middle of the bowl, to 3 scoops which is only slightly under the rim of the bowl.

I almost always use the carb cap and prefer it heat soaked beforehand but it makes less of a difference on the VROD vs the showerhead. Edit: the heat soak I mean, not the cap itself....the vrod IMO benefits from the cap more for flower because it tends to leave the flower less evenly vaped without it.

I think the drop in pressure at bowl level when using the carb cap helps a lot with full bowl, 1-2 hit extraction.

Edit: the vrod is pretty much just as open as the showerhead....only decision you'll need to make is number of holes on your carb cap. I chose 1 to help drop bowl pressure but of you dont like drag go with more.

Another edit: the full bowl, single hit extraction is the equivalent of a dab of full spectrum for me pretty much which is why I enjoy massive packs sometimes

Can't wait for those big VROD bowls! I need to get some glasss

Since @tb42091 compared the VRod to the ShowerHead’s restriction and you may not be familiar with it, the airflow is very open. People who prefer restriction use the carb cap to add some, but it’ll never have the restriction of something like a native VapCap unless you get a custom carb cap with a tiny hole.

Thanks, very much looking forward to unrestricted / open airflow.

@Pyr0
@VaporWare

Try turning up to 700 - 725?

Would be interested in results since I'm looking forward to "white walling" with the VROD too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maninthemachine

Hey first time poster here...about to order this beast of a looking vape..quick question ,the 25mm sic dish and quartz fits the 16mm coil correct ?

Maninthemachine,

Monsoon

I just got a coil for my new VROD that's a bit short at a height of 13mm, does anyone know if just spreading the coils to get to 16mm would work and would it impact performance? I'm ready to just order one direct from NewVape but I'm anxious to try my FlowerPot without waiting another week for coil #2 to get here.

Monsoon,
Reactions: graydeh1

Vaporware

Hey first time poster here...about to order this beast of a looking vape..quick question ,the 25mm sic dish and quartz fits the 16mm coil correct ?

If you’re ordering a Wrap-Around on clearance then yes, as long as it’s not the D-Nail version it takes the 25mm dishes. If that’s what you’re doing, make sure you also get the right nut to hold it on your coil and if possible a coil cover to keep temps from dropping as easily.

If you can afford it though, I’d recommend going with the VRod and 28mm dish instead. The Wrap-Around has more restricted airflow and less consistently great performance with flower, plus more difference between the ideal temps for dabbing and flower. The VRod is the latest version and is just overall better in a number of ways.

If the Wrap-Around is your only way in right now though, I wouldn’t skip it, just know that you have a good upgrade available for the future. :)

I just got a coil for my new VROD that's a bit short at a height of 13mm, does anyone know if just spreading the coils to get to 16mm would work and would it impact performance? I'm ready to just order one direct from NewVape but I'm anxious to try my FlowerPot without waiting another week for coil #2 to get here.

You could try, but it could also easily deform it to the point where it won’t fit correctly either. I haven’t messed with my coil at all and it was very tight when I put it on!

The good news is if your coil is just short and fits otherwise, you can use it now! The drawbacks will be that it may heat up a little slower and the fit of the head on the handle will probably be a bit loose.

If you’re happy with it you can keep it that way, or you can order a new coil and swap it out later. :)

If you need confirmation, there’s a video posted recently (a few weeks ago I think?) in this thread by NewVape showing their own test with a shorter coil from Auber.

Edit: Responded to a second post.

Last edited:

Pb**

@VaporWare
@tb42091
@SonSzu

I bumped the temp up to 700 with carb cap and used enough flower to just cover the screen. Pre heated the bowl and took A slower/longer draw. Seemed to produce a bit more vapour on the exhale but not milking up my rig. Probably due to the fact its super small and doesn't really accumulate like a bong would.

Vaping inside my garage where it's fairly cold, 1- 3°C. Hopefully not mistaking the large clouds for my breath condensing lol

SonSzu

@VaporWare
@tb42091
@SonSzu

I bumped the temp up to 700 with carb cap and used enough flower to just cover the screen. Pre heated the bowl and took A slower/longer draw. Seemed to produce a bit more vapour on the exhale but not milking up my rig. Probably due to the fact its super small and doesn't really accumulate like a bong would.

Vaping inside my garage where it's fairly cold, 1- 3°C. Hopefully not mistaking the large clouds for my breath condensing lol

This is shocking to hear. IDK what units the e controllers operate in but I've seen people pull big clouds around 700 from the Vrod. Remember that your enail controller is heating up and that same temp isn't reaching your bowl, heat is lost transference. Even more so because of how cold it is when you're outside. Try turning it up?

I'd also imagine a smaller water pipe would be much easier to white wall.

What pipe are you using?
Why are you using such little flower btw?
Have you tried fast, strong draws? How's the draw resistance on the VROD?

I'd imagine you'd get less vapor out in the cold air but you should still be able to white wall.

I'm honestly reconsidering this purchase if the VROD can't even white wall micro-doses at 700.

LMK if you figure it out

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
@SonSzu I can say with confidence you have no reason to reconsider your purchase. It does take time to experiment and find what is best for your experience when using the FlowerPot. There are so many variables to modulate/change. To name a few: Grind Consistency, Material Quaility, Material moisture level, stem diameter, glass piece size and type, draw speed, ambient temperature and humidity, VRod or ShowerHead (Not much difference), carb capped or not, PID temperature, cleanliness of the screen, coil cover installed or not, coil correct specs (fitting tightly) or not, heat soaked bowl or not. Changing anyone of these factors can have an impact on the results.

I’ve found my sweet spot with one New Vape Pax Scoop of very finely ground material (NewVape Fine Grinder) in my AdjustaBowl with double weave screens, 18mm stem, 12.5” Stereo Matrix rig no water, Ash Catcher with water and NV PID & Coil set to 747 uncapped and no heat soak on the bowl, ten minute or more heat soak on the ShowerHead. With this setup, I am able to milk the GP every time.

Last edited:

tb42091

I'm also wondering like @SonSzu if the cold room temp is messing with it....the colder the air is that gets pulled into the head the more it's going to cool down and the wispier the hits will be. You may be fighting a battle where you'll need to be above combustion temps for most of the rest of us to get similar results. Can you try it in a warm room a few times just as a control?

Also maybe it's the glass....rigs arent really made to white wall. You should definitely be getting thick vapor in the piece. I bet if I popped the FP onto my little recycler typically reserved for dabbing 1 - i wouldnt be able to take hits as large because the vapor would irritate my throat part way through a long draw and 2 - the piece wouldnt milk like my flower pieces because theres no real chamber for all of the vapor to accumulate in.

The stereo matrix pieces sold on the NV site can be had for 30$ shipped on dhgate - that's what I got when I finally decided the other piece I was using it with just wasnt my favorite and I find it works much better.

Also the heads lose performance if not tightly screwed together....something I've periodically had to check with my SH. Havent had to mess with my vrod yet but just trying to check off all the boxes.

I hope you figure it out! Report back and if not maybe we can get to the bottom of this!

Edit: oh yeah, and IMO exhale vapor isnt that important (especially outside in cold temps) nor does it mean much all the time. With the FP I take such long draws that by the time I'm exhaling the vapor just isnt as strong - like the ghost hit concept.

I'm not far off @invertedisdead - for me anything over 680 capped seems a bit too hot.

@VaporWare
@tb42091
@SonSzu

Last edited:
Top Bottom