Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

slozukimc

That's very odd. Have you reached out to Newvape about this to see if there is something wrong?

I leave mine on at 666F all day long (sometimes for 10 - 15 hours or more when I'm home on a weekend), and my handle has NEVER gotten hot. In fact, it's not even warm at the end closest to the Flowerpot head. Mine's been on for about three hours right now, and I just put my bottom lip against that flat metal part of the handle closest to the flowerpot head (the part not wrapped by hempwick), and it's cool to the touch of my sensitive lip. Even the metal part of the actual coil right in front of the handle (that sticks out of that end of the handle) is just a little warm if I pick up the whole assembly by holding onto that spot (some people use it that way without even owning the aluminum handle parts) With my fingertips.

Sounds like something unusual may be going on.
No doubt. My handle is closer than it is supposed to be and never gets hot no matter what the temp or time it is left on.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
The VROD is practically unusable for me and I'm hoping some of you have some advice. I have a VROD, Solo 2, Dynavap, and oilpens. I can use all of them pretty much without issue except the VROD. It's just so harsh/dry/hot I'm not really sure what the issue is.

I've slowly lowered the temp from 665 to 620 and even tried putting ice in my water piece (which honestly just seemed to make it even worse), but it's not really making a difference or getting any easier. I even took a week break from the VROD where I only used the solo/dynavap without problems, but first time trying the vrod again my throat is destroyed and I can't stop coughing in pain (to the point where I couldn't even finish the bowl). One interesting thing I've noticed is if I really slow down my draw it's ok going in, but breathing it out feels soooo harsh/dry/something.

At this point I'm just kind of desperate hoping some of you have some advice so I don't feel like I wasted $500. I've done capped/uncapped, light/tight packing, ice/room temp water, etc... It's confusing to me because I don't understand how a dyna almost at the point of combustion fully extracting in 2 hits is irritating my throat less than a VROD hit that's not even strong enough to extract the flower in 6+ pulls.
I had the same problem with my VROD, I used to set my temp at 630 but lately my throat couldn't handle the vapor.
I lowered my temp at 500 and worked my way up until I found a temp that I could use without problems.
Depending how I feel I can go between 555-575 and get the feeling I want, of course it will take longer to complete the session but I can get the herb to a darker color if I slowdown my inhale down as much as I can.

A full clean up of the VROD and the water pipe might also help.

If you come to the conclusion that the VROD isn't working for you just sell it in the classified section that way it won't be a complete waste for you.

NightCall

Yea so last night I loaded a bowl and put a thc crystal on top. First time I ever tried that. I was sitting on the carpet and took a fat rip off it. Then I just set my weed eater on the carpet? Coughed a bunch, caught my breath then went to reach for it and noticed it melting it into the carpet. Was set at 735. I spent 45 minutes scratching burnt carpet off my flowerpot. So mad at myself. The carpet is only 5 years old and my weedeater is all scratched up now. Lol

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yea so last night I loaded a bowl and put a thc crystal on top. First time I ever tried that. I was sitting on the carpet and took a fat rip off it. Then I just set my weed eater on the carpet? Coughed a bunch, caught my breath then went to reach for it and noticed it melting it into the carpet.

It's a rite of passage for this vape 😁😁

SatanLovestoVape

I have been using my weedeater for almost a whole year now while lurking on this forum. It is still hitting like day one, just getting that purple hue. Sometimes, I put a dab on top of the Weedeater head capped to give it a little extra kick. Of course, a Vrod will be better suited for that need. I find myself dabbing with the weedeater more often. I want to buy a VROD, but I do not know there is much performance difference to justify the cost with a Weedeater in my possession. None of my other vaporizers comes close to the weedeater performance. After 10 years of vaping, it is almost a perfect vaporizer.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Yea so last night I loaded a bowl and put a thc crystal on top. First time I ever tried that. I was sitting on the carpet and took a fat rip off it. Then I just set my weed eater on the carpet? Coughed a bunch, caught my breath then went to reach for it and noticed it melting it into the carpet. Was set at 735. I spent 45 minutes scratching burnt carpet off my flowerpot. So mad at myself. The carpet is only 5 years old and my weedeater is all scratched up now. Lol
-Set the WeedEater at 100F or a temperature that you can hold it in your hand comfortably. A temperature that will soften the melted carpet on the WeedEater, but will not burn it nor smoke it.
- Then get a soft 3M green/purple soft cleaning pad.
-Try to get the softest, less grainy, the one that looks like it will scratch less, and some 99%ISO.
- cut a small piece of the 3M soft pad, soak it in ISO, and start cleaning/soft scrubbing the melted carpet from the warmed up WeedEater head.
- this way will clean better, and scratch the less instead of other abrasive methods.
- Titanium can be polished as well, but you’ll need to search the internet for more information on that. I’ve never polished titanium myself.
Good luck. Be cautious!!!
Stay vaped. Mantente de la mente!!!

delta hotel

I have been using my weedeater for almost a whole year now while lurking on this forum. It is still hitting like day one, just getting that purple hue. Sometimes, I put a dab on top of the Weedeater head capped to give it a little extra kick. Of course, a Vrod will be better suited for that need. I find myself dabbing with the weedeater more often. I want to buy a VROD, but I do not know there is much performance difference to justify the cost with a Weedeater in my possession. None of my other vaporizers comes close to the weedeater performance. After 10 years of vaping, it is almost a perfect vaporizer.
I bought the VROD even though I'm like 99% flower, and I've only used concentrates on it a few times. I've been curious to try the Weedeater, but I don't know that the result would be much different other than maybe temps?

delta hotel,

damm

I have done this a few times with my E-Nail (d-nail sic halo) and I learned the best way to remove carpet glue is heat and isopropyl alcohol. As I haven't done this to my Weedeater I don't know what temp to bump it to, but maybe you can figure that out for us.

Good luck getting it clean!

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
You’re not the first my friend. Don’t be afraid to buff it. I’ve had pretty good success with just a terry cloth wheel and fine abrasive paste. Just don’t use anything like 0000 steel wool says NV.

rollerskater

Just wanted to check in on this thread and show off my Weedeater! Love how the patina gradient goes smoothly through the heat post! The other day I thought I had the same effect going on with the bowl... it was condensed reclaim lol, too much low-temp vaping hookah style!

IMG-20210301-183156090.jpg

Zoltani

Yeah, been there done that only it was a pillow I dropped onto the head while it was sitting on the floor. That definitely prompted me to get a proper table/cart to use instead of putting it on the floor!

Zoltani,

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Scotch-brite is what we use to finish the titanium at the factory. The tsunami has a real heat shield imo. I'm worried the clamp on shields (like mini nail) might give a false since of safety. I tell people that the flowerpot is as dangerous as cooking on a gas stove top. I can't recomend the weedeater if someone already owns the vrod. I do still prefer the vrod for flower only. I find it retains heat better and has the right amount of restriction to heat the air properly thus not requiring a carb cap for flower.

Kins

Scotch-brite is what we use to finish the titanium at the factory. The tsunami has a real heat shield imo. I'm worried the clamp on shields (like mini nail) might give a false since of safety. I tell people that the flowerpot is as dangerous as cooking on a gas stove top. I can't recomend the weedeater if someone already owns the vrod. I do still prefer the vrod for flower only. I find it retains heat better and has the right amount of restriction to heat the air properly thus not requiring a carb cap for flower.

These are screw on. They had an old style that attaches directly to the nail. It still gets hot but not nearly hot enough to burn. I had dropped my coil before I used the shield and it melted some plastic on something I had on the table. Dropped it again by mistake with the cage on and it didn't even make a burn mark where I dropped it. The tsunami was something that I wanted and like for the reason of no exposed coil, however I think I'd like the tbucket better because you can use your own glass. I do like that the Aubur controller has an auto shutoff which mini nail doesn't have. That "cage" that mini nail has though helps out because sometimes I do really stupid things without thinking once I'm good an baked. Now I know I'm not the only one!

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Yesterday’s warming up video.

Back to basics, since I broke my favorite dropdown 😂🤣, just a lonely Ti bowl.

Second hit was a fresh bowl, and I added the extension adapter for extra cooling.

Today’s videos were with the Waffle 🧇 perc bubbler. It’s been a long time I don’t video this nice tall bubbler. It’s always a pleasure to hit it and listen to its raw action.

I almost run out of breath, but it was worthy the foggy hit.

Cashing that bowl with a 2nd hit wasn’t as dense of a cloud, but still worthy the try, and effects are always up to the roof!!!
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Those might be collectible by now, I still regret not getting a worked SGW waffle when they were going around, love the way they hit, perfect amount of chug and back pressure.

Funny story: you would think as glassblowers these guys would have the absolute sickest heady pipes for themselves. But the shop bong was always just a basic clear rig hooked to an old enail setup.

delta hotel

‘Twas me @delta hotel. I use a standard 18mm basket screen. You can get them here. Let us know how it works out. I’ve been using my VRod like this for over a year now. I’ve still got my fingers crossed NV will make a bowl with different depths.

https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p17/18mm_Basket_Screen_Refill_Pack.html

Can you elaborate on how you're using them some? I thought I understood it as the basket screen rim fits into the groove, and a screen fits on top of that, however my basket screen falls straight through. Are you using a screen to sit the basket screen on, then a screen on top of that?

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Can you elaborate on how you're using them some? I thought I understood it as the basket screen rim fits into the groove, and a screen fits on top of that, however my basket screen falls straight through. Are you using a screen to sit the basket screen on, then a screen on top of that?
:hmm: You got the 18mm screens? DDave also sells a 14mm basket screen that would fall through but I don’t see how an 18mm could. My 18mm screens sit upside down on top of the post. Here is a link back to a couple pictures. Let me know if you get it sorted out.

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/newvape-flowerpot-twax-vaporizer.23162/post-1473244

The Stray Fox,

Gigsabits53

Yesterday’s warming up video.

Back to basics, since I broke my favorite dropdown 😂🤣, just a lonely Ti bowl.

Second hit was a fresh bowl, and I added the extension adapter for extra cooling.

Today’s videos were with the Waffle 🧇 perc bubbler. It’s been a long time I don’t video this nice tall bubbler. It’s always a pleasure to hit it and listen to its raw action.

I almost run out of breath, but it was worthy the foggy hit.

Cashing that bowl with a 2nd hit wasn’t as dense of a cloud, but still worthy the try, and effects are always up to the roof!!!
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!
Great Vids as usual. Had to chime in cuz I hate broken drop downs. Broke 2 of them in the last month. Already replaced them, but still.;)

delta hotel

:hmm: You got the 18mm screens? DDave also sells a 14mm basket screen that would fall through but I don’t see how an 18mm could. My 18mm screens sit upside down on top of the post. Here is a link back to a couple pictures. Let me know if you get it sorted out.

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/newvape-flowerpot-twax-vaporizer.23162/post-1473244
So I see now. What I did was have the bowl off of the post. I removed it from the post to poke the screen out, then was just trying to fix the basket inside without the post. I now have the bowl on the post, with the basket resting on top of the post, and then the screen on that. Even with the photos, it took me a minute, I don't know why.

Thank you for the help though, so glad I found this community!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Been without my Weedeater for a while...... months to be exact....... but after a comedy of errors I finally got around to getting a k type thermocouple and digital readout. Both of my coils read pretty much the same; 7 degree difference reading room temperature, 70 degree difference when the coil just stabilized and a 50 degree temperature difference if I let it heat soak for 5-10 minutes. Rather than messing with the pid and trying to see where exactly the reading was for the temp I want; took my best guess by what the reading said and where I wanted to be; reassembled and set the pid and packed a bowl, crossed my fingers and hit it......... felt very familiar and it seemed like I crushed it in one go, looked at the avb and it was nice dark brown with no charing. This seems much more like what I used to get at 666 but after messing with it all day I settled at 710 (10 degrees less than my original guess). Since both my coils gave similar results I'm of the opinion my pid is on the fritz, I'm going to start using my Weedeater again at this new level and see if it stabilizes or not but first tomorrow disassemble and check the coil temp again and write it down and maybe check it every 2-4 weeks for a little while. Looks like I'll be saving up for a new pid and coil..... thinking about going auber? ..... looming vape mail bans affect me as a international customer........ will I be able to still get one ☝️ by the time I save up? Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............ pardon me for that outburst 😅 Guess I shouldn't complain that pid was worked pretty hard, pretty much on all day every day for the better part of two years, now he's a little quirky and unsure how much longer it will work at all? ........ all that unpleasantness aside its nice to have my Weedeater back at all really.

So I've noticed I'm getting a lot of dust where my universal carb cap comes into contact with the SiC dish. I cleaned both today, soaked in ISO and scrubbed hard with ISO soaked q tips, after cleaning I could run an ISO soaked q tip around them pressing as hard as I can with no residue. Then I put the carb cap on the dish and spun it 5 times, a light rub with ISO soaked q tip and I get a bunch of dust from cap and dish edge, pictured:

IMG_20210306_172107.jpg
My guess would be Ti dust as I think this SiC is harder than the Ti, and I can see the ledge in the carb cap that lines up with the dish edge is more polished than the others.
Is anyone else noticing this? Think I may stop spinning my cap now, though that kind of reduces the effectiveness of it.

Edit: hmm, found some other posts with the same problem here https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/newvape-flowerpot-twax-vaporizer.23162/post-1498416

Last edited:
somethingcool,
Reactions: tb42091
Top Bottom