Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

delicatebunting

What's up all! So I have been writing out an article on how temps work with the flowerpot. I know yall are what we'd consider experts, but if you can look at it from the point of view of a beginner that has just bought one, I think that would be ideal.

I'll park this here for now, I'd appreciate any feedback if you feel so inclined to contribute. I'll be sure to add any info that is relevant and important to the article.

Thanks in advance!

It's a lot of words and not a lot of information. I'd trim it to this:

Recommended PID Temperatures for Vaping Flower

NewVape recommends a fine grind and a loading tool's scoop full of material [ how much is this in grams? ]

Herbonaut's Best Temperature to Vape Weed explains in detail the science behind the summarized concepts presented below (combined with our own in-lab research).

Recommended Flower Temperatures (from Herbonaut):

• 320-356°F (160-180°C): Very light mostly mental medication and best for flavor (great if you still have a lot to do that day);
  • 356-392 (180-200°C): Great flavor with good medication level, bodily effects will be more apparent;
  • 392-446°F (200-230°C): Best if you don’t have anything else to do that day, very strong level of medication, heavy bodily effects."

This is the recommended temperature over the flower, which is not the temperature displayed on your PID.

NewVape recommends 650°F on your PID as a starting temperature.

650°F on the PID has been measured to deliver approximately 375-400°F to the flower/bowl.

From there, we recommend you adjust in 10°F increments to your personal preference.

Lower temperatures will have more flavor, higher temperatures will produce more vapor.

Draw Strength

Draw Strength can affect the temperature over the flower.

NewVape recommends a slow-to-medium draw, as comfortable, to best assist in temperature control.

Adding the carb cap while vaping flower will increase draw resistance and aid vapor production. You can alternate use of the carb cap to further curate your experience.

NewVape recommends starting at a low temperature and using a carb cap to aid vapor production.

For those who draw extremely hard and fast, it is possible that you may need to increase temp and use the carb cap for best results.

IMO, 650°F is too hot of a starter temp. I get plenty of vapor at 580°F for the first couple hits, then I'll boost to maybe 620 for one last (smokier) bowl.

delicatebunting

How is the vapor quality compared to Volcano Hybrid?

Better. I think you get more flavor and a better high at lower temperatures with the FlowerPot than the Volcano. I run the Flowerpot through a Sneaky Pete MegaGlobe. Volcano only through whip or bag (I've done whip through water-piece and it's not worth the effort).

Not sure I can help much on the other side, I rarely run my Volcano outside of 180-220°C.

Just got my FlowerPot, but starting at 580°F and ending at 640°F, also through the MegaGlobe.

It's great, a heavy hitter.

I was using my Ed's TNT log vape, this is a completely different animal. I have a pretty good tolerance and I haven't twaxed yet.

I think I'm higher off one Flowerpot bowl than I am off one Volcano bowl. But the Flowerpot bowl goes much quicker. Volcano is 4-6 bags. Flowerpot is 6-10 hits. It's much more concentrated.

Last edited:

goatgobaahh

IMHO, and based on the video you showed, you were spinning that carb cap way too fast, and were constantly uncapping it as you were spinning it (I could see the gap keep opening between the seal of the carb cap and the top edge of the VROD you were using it with.

Relax, calm down, Slow down...be gentle. That's my best advice in this case.
Thank you for the advice! This was my very first time using the vrod! I also think this is the first video I’ve ever posted. Now I’m cringing watching it again!

Should I slow my draw speed down too? Nervous because I combusted at 650F a few hits later. Working on dialing my temp as I’m coming frown a weed eater and would run that at 666F the highest unless I was doing a fast pull tiny pinch of herb at 710F for bed time. Video is getting no love on reddit :,( 😂

Kins

What's up all! So I have been writing out an article on how temps work with the flowerpot. I know yall are what we'd consider experts, but if you can look at it from the point of view of a beginner that has just bought one, I think that would be ideal.

I'll park this here for now, I'd appreciate any feedback if you feel so inclined to contribute. I'll be sure to add any info that is relevant and important to the article.

Thanks in advance!

Vaping flower and temps.

The subject of temperatures is one that is widely discussed on Reddit and FuckCombustion.com and other outlets and one that seems to bring a bit of confusion due to its complexity.

There are many devices on the market that are sold with preset temperatures. What this means is that you press one button and the unit gives you a preset temp that you will have to adjust to.

The Flowerpot is so versatile in so many ways, but its main feature is the ability to dial in your specific temp for the job at hand. Until the flowerpot, this was just not possible in a "bong rip" type scenario.

The way the temps work on the Flowerpot platform is complex to say the least but if we put a little time in understanding the intricacies and variables, we may just be on our way to our "sweetspot". Let's break some of these down.

*Before we do, let me clarify that the these variables have been tested and are considered from the standpoint of having a fine grind and a loading tool's scoop full of material.

It all starts with the PID temp...

The first common misconception is that we are vaping at the temperature described by the PID Controller. This is not true. But in order to understand why, we have to understand what the goal at hand is, and that is simply to warm the air that hits the flower to vaping temperature. (I found an article that perfectly described a range of temps that I think we can all agree on HERE)

"You will learn that changes in your vaporizer temperature have the potential to change the chemical structure and therefore the medical effects and taste of your marijuana vapor.

Get started below with our simple quick-guide:

• 320°F(160°C) – 356°F(180°C): Very light mostly mental medication and best for flavor (great if you still havee a lot to do that day);
  • 356°F(180°C) – 392°F(200°C): Great flavor with good medication level, bodily effects will be more apparent;
  • 392°F(200°C) – 446°F(230°C): Best if you don’t have anything else to do that day, very strong level of medication, heavy bodily effects."
Clearly, it is very difficult to determine air temperature with the flowerpot, because this mostly happens in closed quarters. However, we have found that 650F will get us to a near perfect milky hit on it.

So with this in mind, we have to understand that 650F set on our PID will deliver approximately 375F-400F to the bowl.

It is from this point that we feel its best to start experimenting. A good rule of thumb here is to decrease temp (10F at a time) for more flavor and increase temp (10F at a time) for more vapor, until you find that ideal balance.

Draw Strength

Another variable that will affect the temps delivered to the bowl is your draw strength. One of the great pros of the Flowerpot is that you do NOT have to adjust your draw strength, but you can set it up to adjust to YOUR draw strength. Another point in the versatility column.

With this said, there are a couple of ways that you can maneuver the FlowerPot to adjust to your draw.

1) Temp Increase/Decrease - It is important to remember to keep your draw as "normal" and comfortable as possible while finding the right temp. At the above described temp of 650F, we recommend a slow to medium draw for best results. At this point, if you are getting some whispy vapor, it'll be recommended to increase your temp (again, 10F at a time). On the flipside, if you are getting really dense vapor or even slightly combusting, you are urged to lower the temp.

2) Use a Carb Cap - It is debatable whether the carb cap is necessary or not. One thing that is certain is that a carb cap will aid vapor production. I would personally recommend that you start at your "whispy" temp setting and then add the carb cap in small increments (3-5 seconds at a time) to really milk up that rig.

I tend to want lower temps (for flavor) and use a carb cap to aid vapor production. I do not think this is necessary if you are getting healthy full hits without it. However, if you draw extremely hard and fast, it is possible that you may need to do both, increase temp and use a carb cap for best results.

Thank so much for this post!. I just purchased so I'm gonna need this when I get it.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Thank you for the advice! This was my very first time using the vrod! I also think this is the first video I’ve ever posted. Now I’m cringing watching it again!

Should I slow my draw speed down too? Nervous because I combusted at 650F a few hits later. Working on dialing my temp as I’m coming frown a weed eater and would run that at 666F the highest unless I was doing a fast pull tiny pinch of herb at 710F for bed time. Video is getting no love on reddit :,( 😂

Honestly, you can draw at whatever speed is comfortable.

You can adjust your draw speed to match the temp you have it set at, or you can adjust the temp to meet the draw speed you prefer. I suggest the latter.

You want to draw faster, then you may want to adjust the temp up a bit. You want to draw slower, then you may want to adjust the temp down a bit.

I suggest experimenting with different draw speeds and different temps, and find what works for you. That's one of the best things about the Flowerpot setup. There are so many factors you can play with to get the custom experience you prefer.

So, happy experimenting, my friend :cheers:

goatgobaahh

For sure I’ve been insoired by many posters on this. idk how he gets his videos to not be age restricted. I’m looking to add a drop down but other than that. I’m done spending money on anything other than meds! Might include some of my other glass but this recycler is my precious baby 🤙🥰❤️

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
-soaked in regular dish soap water overnight
-then well shaked, ISO/salt solution inside (recycle)
- rinsed again with regular hot tap water
- rinsed with some distilled water
-cranberry extract added to the distilled water in the rig
-test Möbius Clear Matrix

-re test for science 🧪 with cashing leftovers of a bowl with a double inverted heads

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I'm not impressed with the Stundenglass at all. To me, it appears to be purely a novelty item.
The Studenglass rips with a Gpen Connect or a Kandypens (new copy of the connect), I'm sure it would rip with the flowerpot to but it's a bit difficult to get it to draw the vapor out. It's NOT a gimmick., the Studenglass has got me 3-4x more out of any amount of concentrate I have tried with any other device. Just start small and very gradually work yourself up. It's not for traditional smokers as it appears gimmicky but if you try it when the punch in your face wears off you can tell them truthfully if you have ever been hit that hard. it's best with concentrate. Your VROD is definitely much better for daily use.

dadan

I received the latest version of the shovelhead with its 18mm post. Previously I only owned the old 2017 female 14mm shovelhead. Now I have a new learning curve to go... after three years of use: I notice that with the new one I have to turn up the temperatures by approximately 50/70 farenheit to get more or less the same vapor. From a first rough glance I would have thought that the thickness of the edges was greater, requiring more heat but then from a more careful control I realized, with the same diameter (2cm), the greater capacity of the current shovel. The depth and distance between the material and the heating unit then changes. From the contact edge to the inner screen in the old shovelhead there was exactly 1 cm with the new one 1.3 cm. As it wears out, the material loses volume and the distance from the heating unit increases further. It is really surprising how new habits in the use of FP need to be consolidated every time a variable is changed, and the FP becomes a new game again.
I also ordered double titanium screens, when I tried them I remembered why I had stopped using them :) they keep the bong cleaner even without ashcathcher but they get dirty and flooded so quickly ...

davendk93

Enthusiast/Customizer
just got my Vrod. Very happy with it for nighttime use. I normally run it between 620-650F, capped with more water in the bong. Ever since owning an herbalizer, my draw intensity has been very high. I feel that adding more water than normal increases resistance. But like I said, for nighttime use I am happy. Is there a temp setting on the PID that would work better for daytime use? On my herbalizer, I would always keep the herb temp below 390 for daytime use.

Kins

Better. I think you get more flavor and a better high at lower temperatures with the FlowerPot than the Volcano. I run the Flowerpot through a Sneaky Pete MegaGlobe. Volcano only through whip or bag (I've done whip through water-piece and it's not worth the effort).

Not sure I can help much on the other side, I rarely run my Volcano outside of 180-220°C.

Just got my FlowerPot, but starting at 580°F and ending at 640°F, also through the MegaGlobe.

It's great, a heavy hitter.

I was using my Ed's TNT log vape, this is a completely different animal. I have a pretty good tolerance and I haven't twaxed yet.

I think I'm higher off one Flowerpot bowl than I am off one Volcano bowl. But the Flowerpot bowl goes much quicker. Volcano is 4-6 bags. Flowerpot is 6-10 hits. It's much more concentrated.

Awesome. My premium vrod bundle is coming this Thursday!. I'm used to temp stepping with my Volcano Hybrid. Start at 315-330F, then 350, the 370, then 445. With the flowerpot I hope to get more flavor from my herb.

snackmaster

Is demand during the 4/20 sale high enough that I risk a product selling out by trying to get a discount on it? Thinking about getting a weedeater bundle, but not sure when to buy.

snackmaster,

Zoltani

Is demand during the 4/20 sale high enough that I risk a product selling out by trying to get a discount on it? Thinking about getting a weedeater bundle, but not sure when to buy.
Yes, I've noticed that products go out of stock fast when they have a sale. Take a look at vgoodiez for ordering as they provide a 10% discount for FC members.

Btw I love my weed eater and you won't regret it! I still get just as excited to fire it up as the day it arrived.

zor

I recently got a new PID, the Auber RDK-300B, and was fiddling around with it / reading the manual when I discovered it had a way to keep some preset temps w/boost mode. I dunno if any of you with the same PID use these modes at all, you have to turn the dial in one direction for like half or 3/4s a full rotation and you can then choose between the standard single temp mode and the three pre-set Boost modes. This is what I currently have saved:
Boost 1Boost 2Boost 3
Base temp625642560
Boost temp666685600
Boost timer5offoff

Boost 1 is my lazy mode. 625 with the cap on my VROD gives a nice hitting pull, 666 is to sap out a few more goodies before cashing it out. 5 minutes is a handy way to prevent myself from hitting a fresh bowl accidentally. Might lower the base temp a bit as I am enjoying much lower temps such as Boost 3.

Boost 2 is an experiment for some dabbing. Curious about getting the best flavor in the first hit while also using most of the product, seeing if there is a balance there at all with temp and dab size.

After I programmed these temps I immediately started playing around with Boost 3's temp range. Loaded a little less than 0.1g of Magic Cake and was greeted with the most delicious sweet and tangy vapor at a "measly" 560 (carb cap on for all hits from the start). Then engaged boost mode and took two quick hits as the temp rose to 600. Wanted a third but well, here I am, writing this and I kinda forgot and left the heater on the bucket. Time to send it off, properly. I am soaring.

delta hotel

Still trying to figure out my temps/draw. I'm almost 99% flower, but got some live resin to test out the twaxing and just concentrates on it. I think I'm way way too high though. I was working the temp up, but now I wanna try working it down and see how it works out for me. Have no idea what temp to run this live resin at though that it doesn't just burn up, but also vaporizes.

delta hotel,
Top Bottom