Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

vaping herbs

Hello dear community,
I would like to buy a new solid vaporisateur soon.
I own a volcano , but the steam is too dry for me and the system with the balloon I find annoying. Always get a strong cough from balloon, so vaping is no fun.
The choice is the Sublimator, FlowerPot and Herborizer.
Which of the three would you buy and what is the reason?

tb42091

I would steer clear of the Sublimator right now. From what I've seen in the Sub threads, there has been little progress and basically zero customer service since they announced their new products.
Hello dear community,
I own a volcano , but the steam is too dry for me and the system with the balloon I find annoying. Always get a strong cough from balloon, so vaping is no fun.

tb42091,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Hello dear community,

Sold my old volcano, didn’t use it, never liked the bags. NewVape products are made to last, I use their DCup, and WeedEater flowerpot. The only electronics are the PID, the rest should last......

dadan

Hi! I bought a new FlowerPot ShovelHead Bowl with an 18mm post, I think it will be compatible with the showerhead, can you confirm it? thanks

dadan,

someTooL

Ever tried lightly dusting your session with some THCa? My world has changed.

Whew. As I reread this I realize how much I must of enjoyed.

In all seriousness the vrod has reached another level with me. Picked some “drier” then the normal sticky concentrates. Turned out to be a blessing. I’ve been doing one session instead of 3-4. Been at the same setting (642 on mine) and the results are outstanding. And...seems to be more efficient. More testing will be needed.

Edit. Corrected setting. 442 lol

Last edited:
someTooL,
Picked some “drier” then the normal sticky concentrates. Turned out to be a blessing. I’ve been doing one session instead of 3-4. Been at the same setting (442 on mine) and the results are outstanding. And...seems to be more efficient. More testing will be needed.
I am a concentrate noob, still experimenting with different grades and prices. Got some real nice live resin diamonds the other day that are barely sticky crystals, it's more like a scoop and drop in the dish vs a sticky dab you have to melt off. Easier to handle and consume IMHO, very nice.
I'm gonna have to experiment with lower temps, you are 442 F PID temp with SiC dish? I've been running 666 F capped for trates, I know I could go lower but that's way down there, wow.

Edit: Pic of the fun selection

Last edited:
@somethingcool fixed that temp. What I’ve been trying definitely looks like the two middle pics. I’m a C noob too.
That's more like it, 642. Yeah I'm gonna try a bit lower temp with the diamonds, I've mostly been temp experimenting with some cheap pull and snap (not pictured) and saving the good stuff for when I have it dialed in, but I think better quality let's you lower temps a bit. See if you can find some fully crystalized diamonds like the one on the right, bit spendier but I'm really liking.
In the pic it's left to right badder, badder, sugar sauce, diamonds.

somethingcool,
Reactions: Summer

someTooL

Yep. One I have is powder THCa and the other is a very dry sugar. Both are great lightly sprinkled over the bowl. My sticky live resin goes in the sic dish.

goatgobaahh

Just scooped up the Vrod. Should be here Friday (always feels like Christmas when a package from newvape comes).

Being a total noob to concentrates all I need are some qtips and ruby/saphire balls? Then rub the sic dish once I’m done with the dab until the qtip is clear?

I have a carbcap but it’s the one that only has one hole. That might mess with how many of the balls I can have in my SiC dish. Are they even necessary? I can’t imagine where I’d store them unless I can keep them in the SiC dish 24/7.

slozukimc

Just scooped up the Vrod. Should be here Friday (always feels like Christmas when a package from newvape comes).

Being a total noob to concentrates all I need are some qtips and ruby/saphire balls? Then rub the sic dish once I’m done with the dab until the qtip is clear?

I have a carbcap but it’s the one that only has one hole. That might mess with how many of the balls I can have in my SiC dish. Are they even necessary? I can’t imagine where I’d store them unless I can keep them in the SiC dish 24/7.
Enquiring minds want to know. It is very important to keep your balls safe. Please advise on proper care and use of the jewels. Thanks.

tb42091

Right, dry qtip until it is clean, I also make sure to wipe the dish nut and underside of the cap.

Pearls aren't necessary but I think they make a noticeable positive difference. I leave them in my dish 24/7. When I qtip, I basically lay the qtip on its side on the top of the pearls and twist the qtip in my fingers so it wipes them off and spins them at the same time. I use both sides of 2 qtips and by the end it should be pretty clean. I usually reuse the second qtip as the first qtip for the next dab too.

As far as ruby/sapphire care, they are sensitive to thermal shock. So if you are going to clean them with a liquid, make sure they are not hot. You can still use up to 4-5 pearls with the one hole cap.

tb42091,

goatgobaahh

Dry qtipping is fine, and my dish looks the same as above. Hate the steam from using water, but it's not like distilled water will hurt. I just think it's overkill.

I'll have to try turning it down and wet qtipping next time I forget to take the cap off. My routine there is usually:
  1. Take off nut, remove dish, and torch dish while being held by another tool until clean. Gets clean quick and have never had a dish break.
  2. Torch nut, but not so much that it turns white after it cools
  3. Scrub inside of carb cap with brass brush and rinse very well
  4. SiC terp pearls go in #0000 steel wool for a quick scrub. They get extremely shiny from this, almost like that polished SiC "obsidian".
  5. Reassemble
Sometimes I'll go weeks between forgetting to remove the cap after a hit and it will consistently look like that above picture. Other times I forget to take the cap off three times in a day.

Hmmm, now I want to wet polish a SiC dish and see how shiny I can get it.
Found some tips a few threads back pages 713-714

EDIT: The search function kind of sucks on an iphone.

goatgobaahh,
Reactions: tb42091

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I bought every kind of flavor pearls, terps balls, and so and so.
Used them on the D-Cup, on the OG VROD 28mm d-Nail SiC, and on the new revised wrenched slightly bigger 28.5mm SiC dish.
Used them Ruby pearls with the 30mm Opaque Toro Grail Quartz banger too.
They all are a waste of money and time, and an extra step on unnecessary cleaning imho & e.
Unless you really go to town in cleaning them while on the dish, you’ll need extra q-tipping and ISO to really totally clean them, other way they’ll be smoking for a time in your hot VROD or D-Cup or next time you torch your quartz banger.
You’ll need a few extra more, if you dab often or a different container to clean them.
Be aware of hot flying disappearing terp balls.
If you uncap by mistake while they’re still spinning, they can fly. Sometimes if you’re really stoned, and you just want to vape flower, and you did a previous dab, you’ll forget you have your balls on top of the dish, and you’ll drop them very hot unaware of what happened.
Stoned happens!!! 😂🤣
Unless you do tiny dabs, and still with tiny dabs, those fast speeding spiraling zoom zoom “terp pearls” will be pushing your oil/dab upward the side wall of your dish, overflowing to colder parts of the dish, or dripping between the dish retaining nut on top, or between the dish and D-Cup wall or dish/VROD base.
YMMV, but I don’t really recommend the usage of any kind of balls while dabbing.
Proper dab size, placement and technique will go farther than terp balls.
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

goatgobaahh

Used them on the D-Cup, on the OG VROD 28mm d-Nail SiC, and on the new revised wrenched slightly bigger 28.5mm SiC dish.
They all are a waste of money and time, and an extra step on unnecessary cleaning imho & e.
Unless you really go to town in cleaning them while on the dish, you’ll need extra q-tipping and ISO to really totally clean them, other way they’ll be smoking for a time in your hot VROD or D-Cup or next time you torch your quartz banger.
You’ll need a few extra more, if you dab often or a different container to clean them.
If you uncap by mistake while they’re still spinning, they can fly. Sometimes if you’re really stoned, and you just want to vape flower, and you did a previous dab, you’ll forget you have your balls on top of the dish, and you’ll drop them very hot unaware of what happened.
Stoned happens!!! 😂🤣
Unless you do tiny dabs, and still with tiny dabs, those fast speeding spiraling zoom zoom “terp pearls” will be pushing your oil/dab upward the side wall of your dish, overflowing to colder parts of the dish, or dripping between the dish retaining nut on top, or between the dish and D-Cup wall or dish/VROD base.
YMMV, but I don’t really recommend the usage of any kind of balls while dabbing.
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!
Great advice! I’m going to keep my balls away from this setup!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Stoned happens!!! 😂🤣
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

This should be a forum STICKY. Like many I tried BALLS, everything Cruel lists is true. Balls put away.
But hey, have fun....

slozukimc

Stoned happens!!! 😂🤣
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!
I am convinced. I don’t need to be hunting around my hardwood floors for 699 degree little glass balls to burn into the ends of my fingers when I forget I was hunting someting hot in the excitement of finding them. Thank you.

thevapist

I would never use concentrate in my VROD without pearls and I have a 2 hole cap. The falling out argument is silly, as it's the same as flowerpot head burning you argument, just be careful and it's well worth it. The balls cool very quickly once they fly out anyway. They've never burned anything of mine the few times they did fall out.

Cleaning balls is a non-issue. Just q-tip as normal. That guys rigs look like they've never been cleaned and he's talking about that :rofl:

I use 3 SiC pearls in SiC dish and 3 ruby in quartz dish. All you can do is try for yourself.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
A thin layer of Sour Tangie flower.
Some sprinkles of Sour Tangie live resin sugar.
F1C6ADE4-A473-4824-BD63-56B7A31F84E4.jpeg

A micro dab of same Sour Diesel live resin sugar.
502657F6-388B-484D-9C9E-011A9B025DFE.jpeg

Dirty rigs, dirty bowls, dirty dabbers...
I’m a dirty guy 😂🤣
So much Sativas during daytime gives me the dirty shakes 😂🤣
Proof is on this next “twaxing” video.
Dedicated to all those that vape from “dirty things”...
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

Sativa Shakes Included
(4K60fps where available)
Video was blocked due to copyright claims with original music.
Edited with free music from YouTube library.

Last edited:
I just ordered a Dnail Comet Sphere Intro Pack + SS catcher tongs for $27.50 on Monday afternoon, got em today and so far it seems pretty cool. For 9 balls and some tongs it seems like a good deal and the tongs make it pretty easy to handle so I can pull em out of the dish while hot.
Only tried running one ball so far, using the one hole universal cap, you sometimes have to spin cap a quarter turn to get the ball going but it spins well on it's own after that.
I was assuming the extra thermal mass and surface area of the ball would help in achieving complete vaporization, but @Zangano Cruel makes some good points as always. Poor me, I'll have to experiment more to decide :lol:

Hippie

@vaping herbs - not that I know of, at the moment.
There was a 10% off code for FC members but it got disabled shortly after I mentioned it in the Herborizer thread last year :(

Hippie,
Top Bottom