• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
It is a 14mm glass adapter for the Mighty/Crafty that I had laying around
Nice. I like your style. I’ve had great results from setups similar to yours. My favorite glass bowls for my FlowerPots are one-offs I’ve taken the time to figure out the recipe.

I don't use it with the capsules because I don't like the idea of the titanium touching the aluminum caps while heating
Here is a Mighty capsule alternative that doesn’t touch the FlowerPot head. I’ve messed with this a lot. You do have to hold head to the “bowl” but it reminds me of using a lighter. The best version I’ve found is an 18mm male to 14mm female extension adapter but any 14mm female joint should work. I put a custom cut screen in the capsule for added cleanliness. 63C42B77-2417-4B20-8DC8-36481EA295F7.jpeg

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I’m digging the new glass bowl more and more. I’ve found the big glass ring to be great for spinning the bowl as you stir, to make sure your getting all the green off the walls. I’m getting incredibly even abv at 660 and when you’re a .04 micro doser dam skippy you want to get all your meds! 55F5CED7-AC12-4067-9960-5CC0C70BF37C.jpeg

Larrytargeteye

Vapin' stevens
Hi, not working Flowerpot = no good, i feel with you!

So what is the behavior of your PID? Completely dead? And did you open it up and check for loose Connections? My PID failed too, i was quite desperate and after some Tips here @newvape918 or @NewVape710 posted a link to a Youtube Video how to open the PID and check it. It s pretty easy and after a few minutes my Flowerpot worked like new.
Worth a shot, i keep my fingers crossed for you :tup:

Oh, and BTW: any tips where to get a spare PID and coil in the EU??? I would buy it immediately just for peace of mind...
And a shot in the dark: I want to buy an original Möbius stereo Matrix, new or used, EU...

Have a great day!

Edit: Here is the Video:
took a while to get round to it but I finally took the pid apart and and sure enough it was a loose connection.thank you for help! you have saved me over 100 hundred English pounds.thanks to anyone else who might have replied and I've not gotten back to,I struggle to navigate forums for some reason.thanks again!

thevapist

Using the carb cap for flower hits is so much better than un-carbed, for the VROD at least. It's just too airy with no cap, and you get the ring due to more air flow from the outer edge of the dish. I hadn't tried an un-carbed flower hit in a looong time and just gave it a shot. Sure it tastes slightttttly better but that's because it's mixing with the air. I prefer fuller extraction which still tastes great.

Carb cap offers thicker vape, fuller extraction, and leaves no ring.

Larrytargeteye

Vapin' stevens
Using the carb cap for flower hits is so much better than un-carbed, for the VROD at least. It's just too airy with no cap, and you get the ring due to more air flow from the outer edge of the dish. I hadn't tried an un-carbed flower hit in a looong time and just gave it a shot. Sure it tastes slightttttly better but that's because it's mixing with the air. I prefer fuller extraction which still tastes great.

agreed but it's hard work pulling on carb capped load especially using a water tool that has drag as well.

swanka

It feels a little like I unlocked the secret to my happiness with the Vrod. After reading that more water = less high, I went to a much smaller piece. As far as I could tell, it worked better so I began using less and less water. Somewhere along the line I thought it might be interesting to see what happens if I pull as hard as I can (comfortably) at high temps. What I noticed was lighter AVB even though I was getting the same extraction I was with slower pulls at lower temps. I also read that some pre heat their bowl but it seems like some think that adds conduction. unless 180 f is enough to vaporize weed, I think I'm fine on that front.

In the end, I made a dry rig that is just an 18mm to 14mm adapter with a 14mm downstem connected to a whip. I started using the EQ screens again because I was still getting the ring and now the AVB is all the same color pretty much. My procedure for heating the bowl is to take it out of the glass and place the head on it and wait until the non-contact thermometer I'm pointing at the bowl reaches somewhere over 110f (which means 180 ish inside usually).

Most of the time this gives me such an immediate effect that I not only don't feel like having another bowl, I will probably forget about vaping totally for the next 20 or so minutes. One time it hit so hard I thought I was on my way to being too high but it was just that it happened all of a sudden like it does when you are about to be higher than you thought. The thing that I find most baffling is that I don't cough (as much?) even though I used to with the way that I did it before even when I was using water.

swanka,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
My first and DIY Vodka bottle bong :science:
It’s been with me, since we drunk it with a friend, in a big Screwdriver pitcher, in 2009, smoking joints, and carefully drilling it. I still can’t believe we didn’t broke it that day, and how it had survived several “home” moves 😎🤩💨 11 years so far!!!
It’s one of the smoothest rigs I own.
1L volume.
3 holes x 4 lines upgrid stem perc.
It “fizz-purrs”.
It needs priming, and a second draw.
Flavor clouds 💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My first and DIY Vodka bottle bong :science:
It’s been with me, since we drunk it with a friend, in a big Screwdriver pitcher, in 2009, smoking joints, and carefully drilling it. I still can’t believe we didn’t broke it that day, and how it had survived several “home” moves 😎🤩💨 11 years so far!!!
It’s one of the smoothest rigs I own.
1L volume.
3 holes x 4 lines upgrid stem perc.
It “fizz-purrs”.
It needs priming, and a second draw.
Flavor clouds 💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!
So you're using a SH as a carb cap for your VRod? Neat. :cool:

Is the SH cold or heated?

:peace:

Zangano Cruel

So you're using a SH as a carb cap for your VRod? Neat. :cool:

Is the SH cold or heated?

:peace:
WeedEater between 666-686F, and very carefully placing an inverted heated 565F ShowerHead on top. Both are ON of course 😂😂🤣🤣
Be careful not to lock them, if you push the SH, it’ll stick to the WE.
Be careful in not getting too greedy, specially with the glass bowl, and pushing too far the load. Tends to combust easier.
It totally reminds me of a Sublimator, strong and very heady, but not as strong/heady/flavorful as a Glass Symphony.
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!
“Pegged” WeedEater too 😂😂🤣🤣
http://instagr.am/p/CD7zR5iHigV/

appa juice

A bit of an update; I at first struggled to find the proper settings to facilitate full/even extraction and half decent flavor. I'm down to anywhere between 565-585 depending on bowl size, cure of the particular flower I'm using (and general age, as I tend to keep many different strains around to mix things up somewhat frequently), and general expedience I'm hoping for from the session. I still see around 6-10 hits from each bowl, each of which is quite a challenge on its own to hold in for 10-15 seconds or so. I applaud those of you that are able to finish entire bowls in a few hits; seems like it would be quite a bit more taxing on the lungs for me.

I have found the FlowerPot to be the most efficient and hardest hitting vaporizer I have ever used. I still do believe there are far better devices for flavor preservation but given the speed of extraction this seems to make sense.

I do have a quick question; how did you all get yours to turn blue/purple? Mine is turning that color on the inside around where the coil goes and the body itself is definitely a darker color than when I first purchased it. Do I need to turn it up quite a bit and let it sit for a few days?

RezFrog

I do have a quick question; how did you all get yours to turn blue/purple? Mine is turning that color on the inside around where the coil goes and the body itself is definitely a darker color than when I first purchased it. Do I need to turn it up quite a bit and let it sit for a few days?

I'm curious about this myself!

I just picked up the VROD bundle and fell in love with it right away. Now I need to get every single accessory possible... lol. Seriously, though... The FP is incredible. I feel like I saved myself a ton of $ by investing in this device early on in my vaping career. I don't feel any particular desire to buy other vapes now (aside from the different FP heads).

RezFrog

That is gorgeous! I only keep in on for an hour or two each night, so I'm guessing it'll take a year or more for the color to change. Kinda like the long-game on this one though, feel confident it'll last for years / life.

Zangano Cruel

I'm curious about this myself!
That is gorgeous! I only keep in on for an hour or two each night, so I'm guessing it'll take a year or more for the color to change. Kinda like the long-game on this one though, feel confident it'll last for years / life.
I believe I’ve had the OG VROD since early 2018, and SH since early 2019 too.
I tend to have them ON 24/7 since then.
Rest assured I have them ON most of the time, since they’re heavily used through my daily rotation.
It’ll take you several months of heavy use, to reach these blues... at least a full year of heavy duty use.
http://instagr.am/p/BzcR2FmnN4S/ Or at least almost a full year of constant 666F, note that I’ve never used any of the 5x FP heads I own, above the 707F range.
Imho & e, if you get that nice 👍🏽 blue or purple hues, it’s because you’re a heavy user, or you have them 24/7/365 ON, even if you don’t use it, or you took any of your FP heads, above the “normal temperatures of these devices vaping ranges”.
Most likely, anything above 800F temp, will be “combusting range”, never tried nor risk it yet, but you’ll reach “those desired after sought colors”.
People that reached those nice blues in a few couple months, most likely turned the temperature quite high imho, nothing wrong with it, but be careful, if you go above certain temperatures/colors, Ti will come back to a grey/dull “regular color” and it’s irreversible I believe. You can’t cycle through colors again. Physics and chemistry laws, too complicated.
Here’s another view of the lineup FP group...
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!
http://instagr.am/p/CBrM_wOnhwf/ Keep vaping daily, and you’ll reach those colors, good luck!!

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I applaud those of you that are able to finish entire bowls in a few hits; seems like it would be quite a bit more taxing on the lungs for me.
God knows I’ve tried to keep up with my fellow FlowerPoters but no go for me either. It hurts/irritates my throat😢 Easy fix. Like you I just turn down the temp, my Vrod is set to 575, and I take smaller hits. I get faster extraction by placing an 18mm basket screen upside down in the Ti bowl and then placing the double weave screen on top of the basket screen. All I’m doing is placing the herbs closer to the head to extract faster at lower temps. My throat appreciates it. There is still thick vapor and big hits just with less heat gusting towards my throat........at least that’s what I’ve concluded. On average .05g gives me 3 really decent hits with a natural draw. I’m glad you’re enjoying your FlowePot. I love how everyone enjoys it differently.

Last edited:

Socks And Sandals

Holy shit some of you guys use some high temps! I have also been wondering when my head is going to change color! I don't have much time to get on the forums these days but I had to post today. I'll be honest, like many others, I wish I would have picked this up before anything else. Don't get me wrong I still will always love my Evo but It's going to be quite some time before I use it again.

I have mainly been playing around between 580 and 650. I've found that 600 is a good starting point for this Hot Box Wedding cake. I usually take 2 hits, stir and raise the temp to 630, wait 5 minutes, hit it 2 more times, stir and hit it again at 650 two more times. Until my NV order arrives with my Pax Loading tool, I've been using my Evo Baskets as a dosing guideline. I figure they are about a 0.2 filled about 3 quarters of the way full the way I always used to use them. I then take the ELB and empty it into the shovelhead and it's actually a pretty healthy sized bowl. I am getting roughly the same number of hits with the same amount I used to use for one Evo session.. about 6 per. 0.2.

Maybe it's just this strain but 600F seems about a good starting point. I'm really curious about trying some of these higher temps but I hate to do it so late in the evening just in case it does combust and I have to drop the bowl in a dixie cup before the smoke alarm goes off and wakes everyone up!

I'm absolutely blown away at the level of extraction with the V rod and man what a difference using the carb cap makes!

I have both the NV 2 piece and the BCG (all 3 plates). I find that I can only achieve a dust like grind with the 2 piece New Vape and Volcano grinders. You can really mash it together in a 2 pieces whereas the traditional style is limited by hole size. Then again, I have no idea what I'm talking about...I just love the ritual of experimenting with all the variables.

Thanks for that! The reason why I kind of preferred the BCG was simply for the fact it was a 3 piece. Although I haven't used my S&B grinder in a very long time... yeah.. I remember how fine it really was. I guess I just don't like emptying everything out on a piece of paper and making a funnel out of it every time I grind. About how much finer are the 2 NV grinders in comparison to the BCG? Is it really noticeable? I don't own a NV grinder but if it's anything as fine as what that plastic S&B can do, that really says a lot.

The old glass bowl w/ handle is the one that has the screen issues when debowling.

I wish the ZC_Glass bowl had a handle, but it doesn't have the screen issues. And the mid section doesn't get hot at all in my experience. It's the far superior of the two options despite having no handle.

And 3rd party options are all that exist. NV doesn't do glass.

Edit: if anyone is interested in the old glass bowl (14mm) feel free to pm me lol I used it twice and then put it away because of the screen falling out when debowling.

Any plans on ZC producing any new bowls with handles? I went ahead and purchased another Shovelhead but I will be picking up a glass one as soon as I can get their 14mm's back in stock.

That carb cap definitely made the world of difference. It's really is almost too open without it. Ever clear a bowl after ripping off the carb cap and head only to realize you exhaled some ABV out of the bowl unintentionally? It happens all the time and it's got to the point where I don't even want to clear it till I take the bowl out. Yeah even a slight exhale while clearing it with the bowl on does that to me. Has this ever happened?

Edit: I'm now on page 333 of this thread.. loving the experiences being shared here!

Last edited:

Sticky13

Room for another? .. not had long with this baby.. but loving everything about her. Thank you NewVape :love:

Temp cycles continuously from 580-650F, 580-610F is working nicely for a bowl heat soak. Then cycling up to 650F and back down (takes ~20-25secs,) plenty of time to milk that glass & jeez does it! Set up to kill off a bowl in a hit, digging .03-.05g :tup: ..

I find the draw beautiful, I love the Z for its cool & airy monster hits.. This is even less resistive, its like taking a slow deep breathe, litreally just open your mouth, slow.

Have also set it up on a wireless controlled outlet, saw someone recommend this somewhere in this megathread.. nice touch for peace of mind. Went with Tapo, has countdown on/off timers- handy for 10min preheating.

large_VS.jpg.1e2db4a5a31ba384c1c631762a4cff8d.jpg

Last edited:

swanka

There were a couple of details missing from my post now that I have read some more posts. I use a carb and the amount of material in the eq screen doesn't even cover the bottom some times.

swanka,

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
Super cool station!

Room for another? .. not had long with this baby.. but loving everything about her. Thank you NewVape :love:

Temp cycles continuously from 580-650F, 580-610F is working nicely for a bowl heat soak. Then cycling up to 650F and back down (takes ~20-25secs,) plenty of time to milk that glass & jeez does it! Set up to kill off a bowl in a hit, digging .03-.05g :tup: ..

I find the draw beautiful, I love the Z for its cool & airy monster hits.. This is even less resistive, its like taking a slow deep breathe, litreally just open your mouth, slow.

Have also set it up on a wireless controlled outlet, saw someone recommend this somewhere in this megathread.. nice touch for peace of mind. Went with Tapo, has countdown on/off timers- handy for 10min preheating.

large_VS.jpg.1e2db4a5a31ba384c1c631762a4cff8d.jpg

Chris_CH,
Reactions: Bad Dog
Top Bottom