Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Socks And Sandals

I think you would appreciate a drop down adapter. It will keep your rig significantly cleaner. I also have a basket screen below my double weave screen which helps too.

I thought about it but this 14mm female piece sits pretty low but still gives a good 4 inches to play with so yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

I'll see if a new screen solves the problem first. Going to want to get some use out of what is already in there first and be sure to order at least 2 double weaves before getting down to the last one. So you got the a regular screen in there stacked with a single TI double weave? So the groove in the bowl holds two eh? I'll remember to try this later when I get some more screens.

Also in regards to your other post and the XLR connections and after reading the blog, I did receive the new XLR quick disconnect according to these pics.

20200806_213412.jpg20200806_213543.jpg

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I thought about it but this 14mm female piece sits pretty low but still gives a good 4 inches to play with so yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
Most drop downs are 1” maybe a 2” drop. A lot of cheap “drop downs” are more of a side step with no drop or they will a lot of the time raise you up an inch. If you can, take your rig to a good head shop to make sure it works. If local is not an option eBay has many cheap ones. Just make sure you are buying from a us seller if you want it anytime soon.
I'll see if a new screen solves the problem first.
It probably won’t. Especially if you are a poker and stirrer.
So the groove in the bowl holds two eh?
My ShovelHead is pretty darn new and I don’t have a groove for the screen to snap into? I have heard others mention that. :shrug: Mine stays put nonetheless. If you look back a couple posts (Link here) you will see a pic of two bowls with a basket screens dropped down into the bowl and sitting on top of the bowl post. I then put the double weave screen as you would normally. Just FYI having extra screens are great but I don’t see you having to replace your screen very often. After a good session my screen is clean and just requires a dust out. Mine has been going strong for 3 months now with no cleaning and very little signs of wear. If yours is gumming up either vape it clean or pop it out and drop it in alcohol, it will be good as new.

Last edited:
What’s the best way to clean the sic dish? Can I just soak it in alconox like I would a quartz banger?

I’ve noticed that if you twist the carb cap while it’s on the sic dish it leaves a black powder on the edge of the dish and the area of the carb cap that touches the dish. I saw a previous post where people attributed this to reclaim - however, I’m pretty sure this is one of the two materials being sanded off. I can recreate it by twisting the cap while it’s on a cold, clean dish. Is this an issue? I would assume inhaling sic dust would not be good for you...

BV Brothchild,
Reactions: tb42091

thevapist

You can clean SiC by blasting it with a torch. I've done this for a year and it's still like day one. I q-tip after each dab and only have to clean it if I let one sit and cook in there on accident when I get distracted.

I don't twist the cap because I use terp pearls, but I can see that being SiC dust depending on how aggressive you get. One of the many reasons I always use water in a piece.

tb42091

@BV Brothchild

I mentioned that dust a while ago when I still had my one hole cap, less than a year ago and it was largely dismissed as reclaim. I was kinda sketched out so I quickly sprung for a 2 hole cap so I don't spin the cap anymore. With pearls in the dish and a 2 hole directional carb cap, spinning is unnecessary anyways.

As far as cleaning the dish, I use iso occasionally but mostly for dab residue I turn my controller to ~200 or so and let it heat soak at that temp, then I fill the dish with distilled water and after a minute or so, all of the junk comes off the dish into the water and you can dump it out and qtip it clean really easily. I was astonished how easy/effective it was, hope this helps!

Last edited:

Arbornaut

High everybody!

Just wondering if anyone knows of any plans to make newvape gear available in Canada? Probably a big market here with weed bring legal country wide.

I have just the bare essentials for the flowerpot since it is so expensive ordering things stateside. Everyone I recommend the flowerpot to is very interested at first, but then are turned off by having to order from the states. Nothing against the U.S. (okay maybe some political issues, but I won't go there!) - its just because of the insane exchange rate, shipping fees, duties, and just the chaos happening at borders due to the Corona Virus.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan and have been using the flowerpot pretty steady for over a year now. Only desktop vape ill ever need, and I'm very happy about that. The peeps at newvape should talk to Sneaky Pete here in Canada and work out a deal! :D (If they haven't already tried to)

Arbornaut,
Reactions: icecream

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend. It was here, playing around with my recent ShowerHead purchase. I’m pretty happy I was able to grab it. Like they say, you never really know until you’ve tried it. What I love most is the subtle differences between each of the FlowerPot heads. Both in style and function. So without further ado may I present what @Bad Dog coined the triple crown.
D9ACCC46-7292-4128-9CFA-F6C6276F1CE1.jpeg

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
There is an order in, its just a loooong lead time.

@NewVape710
@newvape918

I don’t see the 30mm sapphire dishes listed on your site anymore. Have you stopped selling them. I assume if you were still offering them, the product would be listed as “out of stock”.

Thats real pretty

Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend. It was here, playing around with my recent ShowerHead purchase. I’m pretty happy I was able to grab it. Like they say, you never really know until you’ve tried it. What I love most is the subtle differences between each of the FlowerPot heads. Both in style and function. So without further ado may I present what @Bad Dog coined the triple crown.
View attachment 1822

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@newvape918

I suggest you leave whatever products you are still selling on your site, regardless of availability. Some I see say “sold out”, but you can still see that you will eventually have them. If I send someone to your site to buy a sapphire dish, they tell me they can’t find them and assume no longer being sold.

Socks And Sandals

Most drop downs are 1” maybe a 2” drop. A lot of cheap “drop downs” are more of a side step with no drop or they will a lot of the time raise you up an inch. If you can, take your rig to a good head shop to make sure it works. If local is not an option eBay has many cheap ones. Just make sure you are buying from a us seller if you want it anytime soon.

It probably won’t. Especially if you are a poker and stirrer.

My ShovelHead is pretty darn new and I don’t have a groove for the screen to snap into? I have heard others mention that. :shrug: Mine stays put nonetheless. If you look back a couple posts (Link here) you will see a pic of two bowls with a basket screens dropped down into the bowl and sitting on top of the bowl post. I then put the double weave screen as you would normally. Just FYI having extra screens are great but I don’t see you having to replace your screen very often. After a good session my screen is clean and just requires a dust out. Mine has been going strong for 3 months now with no cleaning and very little signs of wear. If yours is gumming up either vape it clean or pop it out and drop it in alcohol, it will be good as new.

Hey, I'm going to wait a little while before looking into a drop down, probably after I receive those double woven usa TI screens and see how they work out. I got to admit, it makes me feel a little bit better knowing I'm not the only one without a groove on the inside of my shovelhead and am not the only one who doesn't hear a snap.

That's a pretty cool method, It's been 4 days of heavy use on the normal 3/4 TI screen and it still looks great! Imo these normal TI are just a little too course for my SCS medium grind. I should post a pic of what the elbow of my glass joint looks like but I'm not to worried, It could be my draw speed as well. The thing that gets me is that a fine grind is recommended with this vape. I'm really curious how effective the double woven 3/4 Ti's are if I ever decide to pick up a fine grinder.. I'll probably go BCG over the NV 2 piece.. as I've never really been a fan of 2 piece grinders.

@newvape918

I suggest you leave whatever products you are still selling on your site, regardless of availability. Some I see say “sold out”, but you can still see that you will eventually have them. If I send someone to your site to buy a sapphire dish, they tell me they can’t find them and assume no longer being sold.

This is the way I've always assumed things as well.

But it is worth mentioning that some items aren't where they should be.. and take a bit of searching to actually find.. Case in point.. the 14mm Female 9.5" Bent Neck Super Slit Diffuser (9385). It's not listed under glass rigs, yet it can still be found if you type "Glass" into the search bar and sometimes pops up at the bottom of the page under the "You may also like" item suggestions at the bottom. I wasn't interested in their Gravity sidecar (the only glass rig they have under "Rigs") and actually had to do a search to find this 9.5 Bent neck. It's kind of wacky I know.

I understand they have a clearance section as well, but it's funny how this glass rig is completely hidden from the Rig's section of the website.

Last edited:

Baron23

wrt to the new PID, my understanding is that the guts are a xmt7200 PID with built in solid state relay (SSR).

I believe that this is a step up from the prior hardware but I really don't know and don't want to speak for NV.

Check this out....scroll down and it appears to include the parameter settings, etc.

However, my view is mess with PID algorithm settings at your own peril. haha

Baron23,

Arbornaut

Not sure if I uploaded images right or not, but I'll find out when I hit reply I guess! Lol also couldn't upload the images without them going sideways, blah.

Anyway - not sure how useful this is to anyone, but I've been using the FP this way for a while now so thought I'd share.

It is a 14mm glass adapter for the Mighty/Crafty that I had laying around- it just happens to fit an 18mm basket screen perfectly, and also S&B dosing caps. The Shower head fits over top almost perfectly, but I have to hold it in place since it doesn't sit totally flush. I don't use it with the capsules because I don't like the idea of the titanium touching the aluminum caps while heating, but I could just be paranoid.

I really like how it sits the basket screen as close as possible to the heat source. This makes it produce thick vapor a little quicker with lower temps. I've also noticed that I have no need to stir at all to get evenly roasted herb. I've just been liking that I can easily load a typical dose id use with other vapes, and that keeps things consistent. With the other bowls I tend to load about twice as much so I can get nice dense hits, but I also end up twice as baked (not ALWAYS a good thing) lol

Dargin B

Hey, I'm going to wait a little while before looking into a drop down, probably after I receive those double woven usa TI screens and see how they work out. I got to admit, it makes me feel a little bit better knowing I'm not the only one without a groove on the inside of my shovelhead and am not the only one who doesn't hear a snap.

That's a pretty cool method, It's been 4 days of heavy use on the normal 3/4 TI screen and it still looks great! Imo these normal TI are just a little too course for my SCS medium grind. I should post a pic of what the elbow of my glass joint looks like but I'm not to worried, It could be my draw speed as well. The thing that gets me is that a fine grind is recommended with this vape. I'm really curious how effective the double woven 3/4 Ti's are if I ever decide to pick up a fine grinder.. I'll probably go BCG over the NV 2 piece.. as I've never really been a fan of 2 piece grinders.

This is the way I've always assumed things as well.

But it is worth mentioning that some items aren't where they should be.. and take a bit of searching to actually find.. Case in point.. the 14mm Female 9.5" Bent Neck Super Slit Diffuser (9385). It's not listed under glass rigs, yet it can still be found if you type "Glass" into the search bar and sometimes pops up at the bottom of the page under the "You may also like" item suggestions at the bottom. I wasn't interested in their Gravity sidecar (the only glass rig they have under "Rigs") and actually had to do a search to find this 9.5 Bent neck. It's kind of wacky I know.

I understand they have a clearance section as well, but it's funny how this glass rig is completely hidden from the Rig's section of the website.

I have both the NV 2 piece and the BCG (all 3 plates). I find that I can only achieve a dust like grind with the 2 piece New Vape and Volcano grinders. You can really mash it together in a 2 pieces whereas the traditional style is limited by hole size. Then again, I have no idea what I'm talking about...I just love the ritual of experimenting with all the variables.

Popcorn Lung

Hi FC folks! I'm about to buy the Flower Pot but was wondering if there is an third party that makes glass bowls. I see the one that New Vape offers but it doesn't have an handle (ouch) and I've read a few complaints about the screens for it. Why wouldn't NV just have their glass people make glass screens and handle? Seems obvious but maybe I'm missing something. Anyways if there is a third party option I would definitely be interested in buying a glass bowl from them. Thanks everyone

RustyOldNail

Hi FC folks! I'm about to buy the Flower Pot but was wondering if there is an third party that makes glass bowls. I see the one that New Vape offers but it doesn't have an handle (ouch) and I've read a few complaints about the screens for it. Why wouldn't NV just have their glass people make glass screens and handle? Seems obvious but maybe I'm missing something. Anyways if there is a third party option I would definitely be interested in buying a glass bowl from them. Thanks everyone

Indeed, you are missing that NV does NOT have “glass people”, they make METAL/titanium products, but offer glass products by other sources to complete their offerings. You might try searching the Chinese sites for handle bowls.

Popcorn Lung

Indeed, you are missing that NV does NOT have “glass people”, they make METAL/titanium products, but offer glass products by other sources to complete their offerings. You might try searching the Chinese sites for handle bowls.

Makes sense and thanks for the advice. I may have to just go with the glass bowl offered by NV... It's a tough choice between the alloy and glass bowl. On one hand I have not read any complaints about NV products. On the other hand glass is so much nicer looking imho.

Popcorn Lung,

RustyOldNail

Makes sense and thanks for the advice. I may have to just go with the glass bowl offered by NV... It's a tough choice between the alloy and glass bowl. On one hand I have not read any complaints about NV products. On the other hand glass is so much nicer looking imho.

You could try: https://vgoodiez.com/

They had the old NV glass bowl with handle not long ago. The screens stay in on mine.

I recommend buying a NV titanium bowl, so you will have something that will never break, and always be compatible with the NV system. You never know how long companies will stay in business or continue to make accessories.

Yung Coconut

The old glass bowl w/ handle is the one that has the screen issues when debowling.

I wish the ZC_Glass bowl had a handle, but it doesn't have the screen issues. And the mid section doesn't get hot at all in my experience. It's the far superior of the two options despite having no handle.

And 3rd party options are all that exist. NV doesn't do glass.

Edit: if anyone is interested in the old glass bowl (14mm) feel free to pm me lol I used it twice and then put it away because of the screen falling out when debowling.

Last edited:

thevapist

I would also rec the titanium. I have the glass with the handle and just it as a backup or "pure concentrate" bowl.

The one without the handle looks like it's thick enough it won't get too hot to touch just from a couple hits though. Would depend on your usage. $32 is a lil much for what that is IMO also. Guess people might know the guy who made them, though.

On another note, why does the new carb cap only come with 1 hole? I personally enjoy 2 hole much more. For the price of these bundles we should honestly be able to pick whatever amount of holes we want. I know that was a thing before but I don't see it now.

Yung Coconut

On another note, why does the new carb cap only come with 1 hole? I personally enjoy 2 hole much more. For the price of these bundles we should honestly be able to pick whatever amount of holes we want. I know that was a thing before but I don't see it now.

I just grabbed a few 5mm sic pearls from the dnail site because I'm not a fan of spinning carb caps on the dish for various reasons. Works well enough. More carb cap options would be rad though.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Finally got my New Vape order a few days ago! I immediately wanted to try the glass bowl but that first day didn't go as planned. I packed my first bowl and took my hit but.......... it was all whispy and super tasty and I was all like " this isn't the ass kicking I ordered, what gives? " I looked at the avb and it was super light, after scratching my head for a minute I eventually came to the conclusion that in my eagerness to try it I hadn't waited the 10 heat soaking :doh: so a little later I went back to it and I got much more the hit I was expecting but still lighter avb than I'm use to but nowhere near as light as the first bowl? Thinking I might have rushed my draw I decided to record my next session, so I did. My last session went the same so I went to the video and everything looked normal? Was this new bowl a dud? After pondering for a while I figured my bud which had been sitting out in my open grinder for over a day and a half in very humid weather was to wet! Figured I try grinding some dry bud the next day and everything went as it should with very dark avb......... success! So far it's not too different from my old one maybe a little more even. I'm still getting use to the no handle but it's not a major issue but so far I like it. My screen doesn't sit flush with the bottom of the bowl so there's a air gap maybe that's why my avb is more even:shrug: I'm also thinking cleaning will be easier since it looks like a pipe cleaner will fit in the holes so that is a bonus. But my dreams if completely crushing a bowl in one hit didn't come true, still get the ring of green around the outside and a stir is still required. All in all I'm still glad I picked it up but want to do some more side by side comparison with the old and new but that kind of experimenting will have to wait till the weekend....... sigh 😔

Top Bottom