Newbie needs help

bill r.

Hi to All

I have decided to save my lungs from all the tar I have ingested over the years of smoking herb. Every time I clean my pipes I think of what my lungs must look like on the inside. I want to purchase the best vaporizer that will work with small quantities of weed. My smoking these days is limited to 2-3 hits on my pipe 4-5 times a week usually after consuming aft glasses of wine. My friends have recommended the Vaporfection Stealth II and Vapor Tower and the portable Pinnacle. I live in a different house on the weekends so I would need a case to transport the devise.

Please let me know what you guys would buy if you were in my shoes?

bill r.,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
First off, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your decision to fuck combustion! :D

You will need to be a little more specific about your needs for people to offer advice. Here are some of the questions you'll be asked:

*Price point
*Portable or desktop
*Whip, bag, or direct draw (or combination of)

I would also suggest you read the threads for the vapes you listed and see if they look interesting to you. If it isn't discussed here on the forum, chances are it's not worth getting.

Remember, knowledge is power. Do your homework. ;)

momofthegoons,
Reactions: OO

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I wouldn't get either.

You need a portable or a small desktop unit, ideally both, since desktop units are way better for the same price-point as the portables.

The pinnacle is a great portable but the temperatures it operates are somewhat lower that what you want, especially being a smoker.

The Vaporfection is not a very stable company and the Vapor Tower is just bad compared to others.

Check the Arizer Solo, and the Flashvape, and the Inhalater for portables.

Check the 7th Floor DaBuddha Vaporizer, or their Silver Surfer. And also log vapes like the HI, E-nano and UD.

The best that works with small quantities or large quantities is the Vapexhale Cloud, but it retails at about double the price of the others.

bill r.

First off, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your decision to fuck combustion! :D

You will need to be a little more specific about your needs for people to offer advice. Here are some of the questions you'll be asked:

*Price point
*Portable or desktop
*Whip, bag, or direct draw (or combination of)

I would also suggest you read the threads for the vapes you listed and see if they look interesting to you. If it isn't discussed here on the forum, chances are it's not worth getting.

Remember, knowledge is power. Do your homework. ;)

Hi

The answers to your questions are

I want the best regardless of price
A small desktop is best
I don't want a bag so a whip onto which I can put a water attachment would be good for me

bill r.,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Definitely need a home-unit(that's transportable) and a portable unit. For your portable, I recommend the Firewood. Go check out the thread to read my experience with it.

Before I recommend a home unit I must ask this question: Are you prone to breaking glass?

VaporEyes,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Hi

The answers to your questions are

I want the best regardless of price
A small desktop is best
I don't want a bag so a whip onto which I can put a water attachment would be good for me

Well, if it's the best with money constraints, i suggest two then:

The Vapexhale Cloud if you're okay with a glass interior, and the miniVAp if you're not. the miniVAP is portable if you want since you can buy it with a battery.
The Cloud isn't but it's the best one at extracting the goodies, although by a small margin. (VaporEyes, you own both, feel free to compare further)

They are not big, but they are not small. but honestly, this will problably be your first purchase, but not your last.
Different vaporizers fulfill diferent needs and different preferences in users.

vorrange,
Reactions: Enchantre

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
The Vapexhale Cloud if you're okay with a glass interior, and the miniVAp if you're not. the miniVAP is portable if you want since you can buy it with a battery.
The Cloud isn't but it's the best one at extracting the goodies, although by a small margin. (VaporEyes, you own both, feel free to compare further)

Gladly, since you would be traveling, the MiniVap takes the edge over the Cloud. The Cloud isn't as much fun when it has to be quickly stored and transported elsewhere. Cloud does beat out the MV in taste department, but only slightly, as vorrange said. The cord on the Cloud can be, sometimes quite literally, it's downfall. I've never dropped my Cloud or MV but if I were to do such a thing(:puke:) ... the MV would come out the survivor. Both vapes require very minimal cleaning. Hit after hit the cloud is able to deliver large quantities of vapor. I tire out before the Cloud does. Glass usage was inherent in the Cloud's construction but not in the MiniVap's. If glass is your thing, the Cloud trumps the MiniVap.

All in all, they're very close to one another. Just geared toward different users. The Cloud for those who are home more than out-and-about. The MiniVap for those who have places to be and people to see.

bill r.

Definitely need a home-unit(that's transportable) and a portable unit. For your portable, I recommend the Firewood. Go check out the thread to read my experience with it.

Before I recommend a home unit I must ask this question: Are you prone to breaking glass?
Who isn't prone to breaking glass?

bill r.,
Reactions: OO

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
And as you can see from some of our signatures, buying one vape often results in buying several. :lol:

isn't that the truth, even if my sig doesn't show it :)

hard to go wrong with the SSV or DBV, and you could get one of the smaller whip stems that holds less then the regular ones

vaporonly,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Who isn't prone to breaking glass?

Fair enough ;)
I asked because glass is a rather integral part in many home units. If you break it, you're going to be without a vape for a while. Hence the reasoning for having more than one.

VaporEyes,

bill r.

Gladly, since you would be traveling, the MiniVap takes the edge over the Cloud. The Cloud isn't as much fun when it has to be quickly stored and transported elsewhere. Cloud does beat out the MV in taste department, but only slightly, as vorrange said. The cord on the Cloud can be, sometimes quite literally, it's downfall. I've never dropped my Cloud or MV but if I were to do such a thing(:puke:) ... the MV would come out the survivor. Both vapes require very minimal cleaning. Hit after hit the cloud is able to deliver large quantities of vapor. I tire out before the Cloud does. Glass usage was inherent in the Cloud's construction but not in the MiniVap's. If glass is your thing, the Cloud trumps the MiniVap.

All in all, they're very close to one another. Just geared toward different users. The Cloud for those who are home more than out-and-about. The MiniVap for those who have places to be and people to see.
Where can I get the best price on the minivap?

bill r.,

bill r.

bill r.,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Thanks for the info, but the mfg site does not have any available. The USA site is $200 MORE. I'LL call them tomorrow. I read in a thread on this site that a new silicon part will be supplied when it comes out.
What is it?

There is a "cone" that goes into the cap of the MV. I think this new version is supposed to provide a better seal with the load chamber.

VaporEyes,

bill r.

There is a "cone" that goes into the cap of the MV. I think this new version is supposed to provide a better seal with the load chamber.
It is an adventure trying to order from the Mfg site. There is no "USA" selection in the drop down menu for countries so I cannot order

bill r.,

bill r.

It is an adventure trying to order from the Mfg site. There is no "USA" selection in the drop down menu for countries so I cannot order
I figured out the problem. You must click on the "world" symbol on the main website page. Then you can select USA, otherwise you will only get Europe in the drop down menu when entering info

bill r.,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
order from the US vendor, it's your best option IMO.

And the price is only 50USD higher in the US vendor.. the miniVAP retails for 550Eur, which is 760USD.

If you didn't, you need to take into account is the promotion in the manufacturers site and the FC discount of slide4less.

vorrange,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
you can buy from slides for less at the manufacturer price.I got an email stating that , but its only a sale price till first week of may I beleive. I dont think they have the most up to date minivap though2013(Firmware wise)
Good luck on your purchase.

Nbajunkie,

bill r.

you can buy from slides for less at the manufacturer price.I got an email stating that , but its only a sale price till first week of may I beleive. I dont think they have the most up to date minivap though2013(Firmware wise)
Good luck on your purchase.
Hi

Thanks for your suggestion. I was able to order the portable minivap including all the accessories from the Mfg site for $516

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Hi

Thanks for your suggestion. I was able to order the portable minivap including all the accessories from the Mfg site for $516

Congratulations on your new purchase. Be sure to drop by the MiniVap thread and share your thoughts and experiences with it. If you're having any troubles; we'll help as much as we can.

VaporEyes,
Reactions: Nbajunkie
Top Bottom