Newbie can’t tighten enail coil

Comfusedent

Hey sorry if this isn’t the right place to post! I recently bought a 15.8 mm coil + rdk-200 for my vape, but it’s too loose and I can’t get any vapor plus it’s overheating to compensate for all the empty space it’s touching...

I tried using pliers but feel like I’m gonna break it. I’ve tried counter clockwise and clockwise but it just won’t budge and I’m just scratching up the coil. (Also the pliers are grooves, not needle tip or whatever, maybe that’s the issue?)

Please help, I can’t find a video or clear guide of it!!

I read this but it doesn’t help: https://710coils.com/pages/faqs

Comfusedent,

LabPong

Use masking tape on the pliers so they do not scratch the coil.

By getting the coil to fit...you do not need it to touch all the way around....in fact you will have an issue if you do that.....it will get stuck and not come out after heating it up. The coil flexes when heated and usually it gets smaller....or grabs the glass more when it is at temp.

So what you want to do is spread the coil wraps about 3-4 mm apart from each other....not more than that. You just want to spread the whole coil slightly longer than stock. You want to get it to cover maybe 60% of the glass heater....keeping the top coil below the intake hole.

Try to bend it slow a little at a time. Get it to maybe touch the glass in a few places as you put it over the glass heater. Do not be worried about keeping the coil in a perfect round cylinder shape top to bottom....in fact to bend it open some...some of the coils will get out of position from the wrap below or above it at any certain point. So you can get the coil wraps to fit or get closer in parts and other parts not as close.

You will see when you get close to getting it fit close enough...that you have to sort of swivel the coil around the heater to find where the heater can sort of twist in. Each heater is not exactly the same and the shapes and length of the heaters can differ some. So your fitting the coil to that exact heater only basically.

You might have to make really small bends or movements at a time to get it to fit well. Be patient and test it out with the PID set to about 600-630F. You should get vapor at that temp after you heat soak for maybe 2-3 mins at the most.

LabPong,

yogurtsauce

I put a flat head between the coil and twisted. That’s how I spread it. Then I grabbed pliers and twisted it clockwise.

yogurtsauce,

Comfusedent

I put a flat head between the coil and twisted. That’s how I spread it. Then I grabbed pliers and twisted it clockwise.
How exactly did you tighten it? I tried pliers but it didn’t budge.. maybe I’ll have to let someone else try it. Thanks! Looks good though. How do you like the elev8r? I just got mine last week but haven’t had more than a couple good hits off of it yet, way more trial and error than i expected even just with a torch!

Use masking tape on the pliers so they do not scratch the coil.

By getting the coil to fit...you do not need it to touch all the way around....in fact you will have an issue if you do that.....it will get stuck and not come out after heating it up. The coil flexes when heated and usually it gets smaller....or grabs the glass more when it is at temp.

So what you want to do is spread the coil wraps about 3-4 mm apart from each other....not more than that. You just want to spread the whole coil slightly longer than stock. You want to get it to cover maybe 60% of the glass heater....keeping the top coil below the intake hole.

Try to bend it slow a little at a time. Get it to maybe touch the glass in a few places as you put it over the glass heater. Do not be worried about keeping the coil in a perfect round cylinder shape top to bottom....in fact to bend it open some...some of the coils will get out of position from the wrap below or above it at any certain point. So you can get the coil wraps to fit or get closer in parts and other parts not as close.

You will see when you get close to getting it fit close enough...that you have to sort of swivel the coil around the heater to find where the heater can sort of twist in. Each heater is not exactly the same and the shapes and length of the heaters can differ some. So your fitting the coil to that exact heater only basically.

You might have to make really small bends or movements at a time to get it to fit well. Be patient and test it out with the PID set to about 600-630F. You should get vapor at that temp after you heat soak for maybe 2-3 mins at the most.
Thank you, it seemed very stubborn when I tried to tighten it. I already spread it apart which might be why? I’ll try it again tomorrow, spent like a hour trying before but it seemed to not be tighter at all after

Last edited by a moderator:
Comfusedent,

yogurtsauce

Thank you, it seemed very stubborn when I tried to tighten it. I already spread it apart which might be why? I’ll try it again tomorrow, spent like a hour trying before but it seemed to not be tighter at all after
I think its much easier to tighten the coil when its spread out as you can get more grip on the top coil. I didn't use anything on the coil so it got scratched up. I have a spare 16mm coil so I didn't care. But the scratches didn't do anything anyway.

Try gripping the coil in multiple ways in multiple angles. Try twisting your wrist clock wise instead of trying to twist the coil. Don't give up.

yogurtsauce,
Reactions: LabPong
Top Bottom