New York's Medical Marijuana Program Shows Some Signs of Life

Nesta

"The New York State Health Department on Friday (7/31) named the five organizations that will be allowed to grow and sell the drug for medical use in the state."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/01/n...ick&contentCollection=New York&pgtype=article

If you remember, our esteemed governor Andrew Cuomo, gutted the New York MMJ bill at the last minute, so only patients having a “severe debilitating or life-threatening condition, including cancer, H.I.V. or AIDS, Parkinson’s disease, and epilepsy"... can qualify for access. As it stands NY's program is one of the most restrictive in the country.

But wait, there's hope for more of us: ...and “any other condition added by the commissioner.” C'mon commish, a little help here.

Stay tuned. But be patient.

At least there is hope that some dispensaries may be open by the end of this year.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

A New York State Republican assemblyman who opposed medical marijuana legislation at every turn was arrested and charged with unlawful possession of marijuana. The police found the marijuana after they pulled him over for speeding.

A statement released shortly after the March 2013 incident, law enforcement officials reported that state police discovered Steve Katz had a “small bag” of marijuana on him.

I see this is old news. Is this guy still in office? I hope he lost his job, not for cannabis but for being a hypocrite.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Dude looks like Egon from Ghostbusters.

The hypocrisy that exists is truly astounding.

Roth,
Reactions: BigJr48

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
At least there is hope that some dispensaries may be open by the end of this year.
I believe I saw somewhere that the first one is supposed to open like right after New Years around Syracuse

edit: thats NYC and its first in NYC, not sure if first in NY... http://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...cal-marijuana-dispensary-open-january-n425681

http://www.thesmokersclub.com/news/...nsary-will-open-this-january-in-union-square/ -says it is first NY planned, and for Jan 31st launch date... guess I should just look b4 I post initially lol

Last edited:
vapebuddy13,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The Legacy of Stop-and-Frisk in New York’s Marijuana Arrests
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/14/...ight-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-right-region
The New York Police Department has claimed that more black and Latino people are arrested for petty marijuana offenses because complaints are more voluminous in neighborhoods where black and Latino people predominantly live. That excuse was blown apart this weekend by a Times investigation showing that the complaints about marijuana use do not fully account for the racial arrest gap — and that, when complaints were held constant, “the police almost always made arrests at a higher rate in the area with more black citizens.”

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Tomorrow: D.A. Vance Ends Prosecution of Marijuana Possession and Smoking Cases
Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., today released the D.A.’s Office’s new policy to decline to prosecute marijuana possession and smoking cases, effective tomorrow, August 1. The policy, which is included below, is expected to reduce Manhattan marijuana prosecutions from approximately 5,000 per year to fewer than 200 per year, a 96% reduction.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Cuomo taps buds to draft legal marijuana legislation
Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Thursday named several close allies and aides to a new panel he is convening to draft legislation that would result in the legalization of recreational marijuana.

“I have reviewed the multi-agency report commissioned last January and have discussed its findings with Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker,” Cuomo said in a statement. “The next steps must be taken thoughtfully and deliberately.”

macbill,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Gov. Cuomo proposes legalizing recreational marijuana in New York as part of 2019 agenda

New York Governor Cuomo announced that he would push to legalize recreational marijuana early next year. He made the announcement as he laid out the upcoming legislative agenda for the first 100 days of 2019 at the New York City Bar Association on Monday.

New York Governor Cuomo announced that he would push to legalize recreational marijuana early next year.

He made the announcement as he laid out the upcoming legislative agenda for the first 100 days of 2019 at the New York City Bar Association on Monday.

Helios

well halleluiah Guvna,
I dont trust anything Cuomo says,
why hasn't he reformed the abysmal medical program in NY yet?
my guess..2020 when all the riffraff settles.

Last edited:

Helios

I see God just fine. A little bud helps me to see the God in everybody else. Let's ask him how much Sacramental wine he drinks for every mass and whether or not that helps him see God. perhaps he needs to cut back a little and spark a Bud instead

Last edited:

C No Ego

Well one details are surfacing "The governor is proposing to ban home cultivation of marijuana by recreational consumers, though the plan would allow medical cannabis patients and their caregivers to grow their own medicine." https://www.marijuanamoment.net/new-york-gov-cuomo-releases-marijuana-legalization-details/

Why? I'll go get my card, but that should not be a requirement.
how in the Hell are they coming up with those schemes still ? just free the plant for Gods sake
More Fucking politicians deciding our health FUCK

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Looks as though the personal grow may have been revised: https://nyassembly.gov/leg/?default...Y&Committee%26nbspVotes=Y&Floor%26nbspVotes=Y

7 § 221.05-a Personal cultivation of marihuana.
8 1. Personal cultivation of marihuana under paragraph (c) of subdivi-
9 sion one of section 221.05 of this article is subject to the following
10 restrictions:
11 (a) a person shall plant, cultivate, harvest, dry, or process plants
12 in accordance with local ordinances, if any, adopted in accordance with
13 subdivision two of this section;
14 (b) the living plants and any marihuana produced by the plants in
15 excess of two pounds are kept within the person's private residence, or
16 upon the grounds of that private residence (e.g., in an outdoor garden
17 area), are in a locked space, and are not visible by normal unaided
18 vision from a public place; and
19 (c) not more than six living plants may be planted, cultivated,
20 harvested, dried, or processed within a single private residence, or
21 upon the grounds of that private residence, at one time.
22 2. (a) A town, city or village may enact and enforce reasonable regu-
23 lations to reasonably regulate the actions and conduct in paragraph (c)
24 of subdivision one of section 221.05 of this article, provided that a
25 violation of such a regulation is only subject to an infraction and
26 fine.

C No Ego

Looks as though the personal grow may have been revised: https://nyassembly.gov/leg/?default_fld=&bn=A03506&term=2017&Summary=Y&Actions=Y&Text=Y&Committee%26nbspVotes=Y&Floor%26nbspVotes=Y

7 § 221.05-a Personal cultivation of marihuana.
8 1. Personal cultivation of marihuana under paragraph (c) of subdivi-
9 sion one of section 221.05 of this article is subject to the following
10 restrictions:
11 (a) a person shall plant, cultivate, harvest, dry, or process plants
12 in accordance with local ordinances, if any, adopted in accordance with
13 subdivision two of this section;
14 (b) the living plants and any marihuana produced by the plants in
15 excess of two pounds are kept within the person's private residence, or
16 upon the grounds of that private residence (e.g., in an outdoor garden
17 area), are in a locked space, and are not visible by normal unaided
18 vision from a public place; and
19 (c) not more than six living plants may be planted, cultivated,
20 harvested, dried, or processed within a single private residence, or
21 upon the grounds of that private residence, at one time.
22 2. (a) A town, city or village may enact and enforce reasonable regu-
23 lations to reasonably regulate the actions and conduct in paragraph (c)
24 of subdivision one of section 221.05 of this article, provided that a
25 violation of such a regulation is only subject to an infraction and
26 fine.
" marihuana " now we see who is deciding those terms... fucking prohibitionists claiming cannabis plant to be a fucking wild Mexican Tobacco plant!!! they do not even know what fucking plant is being considered here, how the fuck to trust That @ all?

teabelly

I just saw on the news that Cuomo said legalization won’t happen in 2019.

Cuomo said there are too many details on legalization that have to be agreed upon.Lawmakers could take up legalization in separate measures before they adjourn in June. If not, it’s questionable if legalization will happen this year.

:(

GetLeft

So basically, they have to work out all the back-door deals that need to be made to ensure that the same old power/$$ brokers keep getting the power and the $$. That takes a little time to work out. Greed (aka 'representation') and all that. Still, you're all ahead of PA, where some still think change ain't happnin. PA's not-so-unspoken motto: "If change is comin', we'll be the last to admit it. Yepper!'

Jimmyweaese

Cardinal Dolan Wary Of Recreational Marijuana Legalization
The head of New York’s Catholic archdiocese is voicing concerns about the possible legalization of recreational marijuana, a legal change under review by lawmakers in both New York and New Jersey.
s
What the hell. Its already here.All these the church.
people come out of the woodwork.
This guy might be the cream of the crop.
Let's put it this way.
Ask him what he thinks is worse. Molestation of little and young boys by the pedophiles in the church.
OR someone who wants to smoke pot.
This has got to be one of the most incredible things i've heard in years.
Pedophiles worried about pot.
F in disputing.

Jimmyweaese,

Jimmyweaese

I just saw on the news that Cuomo said legalization won’t happen in 2019.

Cuomo said there are too many details on legalization that have to be agreed upon.Lawmakers could take up legalization in separate measures before they adjourn in June. If not, it’s questionable if legalization will happen this year.

:(

Jimmyweaese,

Jimmyweaese

So basically, they have to work out all the back-door deals that need to be made to ensure that the same old power/$$ brokers keep getting the power and the $$. That takes a little time to work out. Greed (aka 'representation') and all that. Still, you're all ahead of PA, where some still think change ain't happnin. PA's not-so-unspoken motto: "If change is comin', we'll be the last to admit it. Yepper!'
But Oklahoma it seems can get a start in a short amount of time.

Jimmyweaese,
Top Bottom