New to all this. Not getting high enough.

bigdjohnson

I never smoked anything before picking up my EQ and Solo but after a car accident almost a year ago, I figured I would give this a shot.

So far, it's working well but I can't help but think I'm doing something wrong as I've yet to really get wrecked. An area that I'm not sure if I'm screwing up or not comes from technique. When inhaling from a bag or whip, do you take long slow hits or quick hits? Do you hold it in or do you let it out right away?

Sorry guys, I know this sounds stupid but as I never expected myself to seek this kind of medication, I knew nothing about any of this until a month or so ago. If there's any other tips that you'd like to share with a complete NOOB, please do as I'm sure it will be rather valuable to me.

bigdjohnson,
Reactions: ataxian

Enchantre

Oil Painter
welcome to FC!

I personally found a lot of info by reading the threads about the kind of vaporizer I use/want to use, and by going to the Medical threads, and reading the "Success stories" thread.

Solo thread

Oh, and I'm there with ya... I never used any drug, never smoked, etc., until now, when I need the medication for my ills. So, vaporizing is saving my life/mobility/sanity. There is a mental/psychological hurdle that people like you and I deal with, going on this journey. It's worth it. It really helps if you have a close someone, friend, spouse, relative.. who can support you as you adjust to this.

Be sure to be kind to yourself. This is a journey, and we are learning as we go, and somethings won't work well, and others may work TOO well... just laugh and move on.

What temp are you running on your EQ,are you seeing visible vapor in the bag,or on the exhale when using the whip?
If you have temp dialed in all you need to do is get the vapor into your lungs...just breathe it in. Most of the active stuff you want is absorbed pretty quick so you don't realy need to hold it in to long,but that's personal preference.I like to hold it in until there's no Vape on the exhale...I paid for it so I want to keep every molecule in my lungs. But it's not realy necessary to hold it more than 30 seconds or so,everyone develops their own technique.
So let's assume the EQ is working right and and the proper temp. The only variable left would be the weed. As a rookie in the game are you sure you're using good weed? Even the best Vaporizer won't give the effects you need if it's loaded with crap weed.
The good news is you found FC,the knowledge base here is the most extensive on the net,and some (most) the people here are eager and willing to help spread that knowledge. The more info/details you can provide will make it easier to help you out.
So make sure you are using good,medicinal grade weed. If you're still not getting the results you need maybe your vaporizer is not set up correctly. But don't freak out,let us know what settings you are using,and if the settings are not right I promise someone here will know how to get things set up right.
You've come to the right place,and I promise that when you ask an intelligent question you will get an intelligent answer. Those answers probably won't come from me as I have very limited experience with the EQ or the Solo,but they are both quality vapes and most folks here can play them like Ted Nugent plays a guitar! Give us all the details on your problem and we'll help you get the results and relief you need,because that's what FC is for! So welcome to the club and hang out for a while,read the threads on your vapes and remember you're among friends here!:tup:
08e19ef60dcd519940c3435116f2c442_zps2ea59b71.jpg

bigdjohnson

I like that pic. As for temp, I've played around all over the place. When I started, I thought I read somewhere that 220C was the way to go and obviously that isn't the case. So I've played around from 180-230. 200 seems to give me a body stone? I'm still too new to really know the difference between a head and body stone.

For me, the areas of concern are like you said, the weed since I don't really know how to tell if I have bunk weed or not, the grind (I do have a really nice grinder but I've read that grind is very important with vapes, how dry it should be, and inhale technique but as you said, as long as I'm seeing vape, which I certainly do, then it's all good.

There's another avenue of concern which I wasn't going to bring up but if I'm not open and honest then this could be the issue and maybe one of you have experience. After my car accident, I was put on some major pain meds (Percs, morphine, codeine) and I'm not proud to admit it but I abused those meds bit time. I'm talking like 750mg of codeine at a time which not only killed the pain but really messed me up. That being said and with my body being used to being so messed up on the opiates, is it stupid for me to think that maybe the weed is just too weak compared to the other stuff? I'm really sorry if that sounds stupid, I'm just trying to get everything out there. It's kind of weird trying to learn something like this on the internet as opposed to someone sitting down and educating you.

Chill Dude

I I'm talking like 750mg of codeine at a time which not only killed the pain but really messed me up. That being said and with my body being used to being so messed up on the opiates, is it stupid for me to think that maybe the weed is just too weak compared to the other stuff?

750 mg of codeine at a time?? Are you sure you take 750 mg of codeine at a time?? I think you mean 75mg. 750mg would be very high dose close to a lethal dose. MJ can certainly help with mild to moderate pain. However, it will not give the pain relief provided by high doses of opiates if that's what you're looking for.

Chill Dude,

bigdjohnson

750 mg of codeine at a time?? Are you sure you take 750 mg of codeine at a time?? I think you mean 75mg. 750mg would be very high dose close to a lethal dose. MJ can certainly help with mild to moderate pain. However, it will not give the pain relief provided by high doses of opiates if that's what you're looking for.

I wish it was only 75mg. Each codeine tab is 30mg and I take 25 at once in the morning or I can't function. That gives me a half days worth of relief.

bigdjohnson,

AdmiralAlpacha

I like that pic. As for temp, I've played around all over the place. When I started, I thought I read somewhere that 220C was the way to go and obviously that isn't the case. So I've played around from 180-230. 200 seems to give me a body stone? I'm still too new to really know the difference between a head and body stone.

I prefer 180-190 personally, anywhere between 180-220 should be fine. I think finding a nice indica will give you much more of a noticeable body load than temperature will ever be able to do on its own.
For me, the areas of concern are like you said, the weed since I don't really know how to tell if I have bunk weed or not, the grind (I do have a really nice grinder but I've read that grind is very important with vapes, how dry it should be, and inhale technique but as you said, as long as I'm seeing vape, which I certainly do, then it's all good.

You can judge the quality of your medicine pretty well just by look, feel, and price. The prettier it looks the better it is generally. Also the stickier. If you are getting your meds from a dispensery I don't think this is an area of worry, but if you get them the traditional way it could be a big factor. I've only used low quality stuff with my vaporizers twice, but both times they performed pretty poorly. Bad meds wont only affect vape performance, but the high you receive is night and day between good and bad herbs. Lastly, do some research on strains, if you are medicating for pain, indicas are probably going to treat you better.
There's another avenue of concern which I wasn't going to bring up but if I'm not open and honest then this could be the issue and maybe one of you have experience. After my car accident, I was put on some major pain meds (Percs, morphine, codeine) and I'm not proud to admit it but I abused those meds bit time. I'm talking like 750mg of codeine at a time which not only killed the pain but really messed me up. That being said and with my body being used to being so messed up on the opiates, is it stupid for me to think that maybe the weed is just too weak compared to the other stuff? I'm really sorry if that sounds stupid, I'm just trying to get everything out there. It's kind of weird trying to learn something like this on the internet as opposed to someone sitting down and educating you.

If you don't have any tolerance, and are using good medicine I would expect you would find yourself pretty fucked up. But at the same time opiates are pretty strong drugs, cannabis might not be able to compare for you. I can still function pretty well using cannabis.

I'm a pretty firm believe in practice makes perfect. Keep experimenting and find what works best for you.

mod note: Quotes fixed. Please don't comment within quote boxes. Use quote tags manually to separate your text.

Last edited by a moderator:
AdmiralAlpacha,

Bouldorado

I wish it was only 75mg. Each codeine tab is 30mg and I take 25 at once in the morning or I can't function. That gives me a half days worth of relief.

If you're taking that much codeine, then it is likely overpowering the weed. I was in a car accident about 6 months ago and was prescribed some vicodin. Only needed them the day or two after the wreck but I noticed that vaping definitely had less of a noticeable effect.

Unfortunately it seems your body has become dependent on the codeine, which is why you feel so shitty if you don't take any. I've had a few friends with substance abuse problems and can attest that the recovery process is not pleasant. However once you kick the habit your quality of life will see a drastic improvement. You may need to seek professional help, but start by gradually reducing your codeine intake.

bigdjohnson

That's where my journey with mj came in. I really want to get off this chemical mess but I also know that I will never be pain free again. I think with the help of mj and a vaporizer, I eventually will be able to get there. I think this is why I'm having such a hard time with this unfortunately.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Wow buddy - that's alot of meds - sounds like a typical Sunday afternoon at my house. Did I just say that? Whatever - anyway, telling the difference between quality flowers and shwagg takes some practice. I applaud you being honest as we really can't help if we don't know the whole story. Out of respect for your privacy feel free to me and i can walk you through the EQ easily as well as variating temps to accomodate specific needs.

There's alot of people round these parts with alot of experience in numerous areas. Shit, it's only recently that I've given up other (fun) drugs to devote myself strictly to Mary J. Helping guy's (or gals) like yourself honestly helps me give back so, basically I remember being a noob here, feel free to reach out.

High School Graduation....

a9863b0dc2b1bc1f511c353386d6b221_zpsec2fb9e0.jpg

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

Please tell me you've been doing cold-water extractions on those?! If they're anything BUT codeine only (I'm thinking you got Tylenol 3's?), then you're hurting your liver seriously. APAP/Acetaminophen in high doses can do some real damage. You're not supposed to take more than 4 grams (4,000mg) per day, and even then not for too long.

bigdjohnson

Please tell me you've been doing cold-water extractions on those?! If they're anything BUT codeine only (I'm thinking you got Tylenol 3's?), then you're hurting your liver seriously. APAP/Acetaminophen in high doses can do some real damage. You're not supposed to take more than 4 grams (4,000mg) per day, and even then not for too long.

I'm not sure what a cold water extraction is and they are straight codeine pills.

Bouldorado

I'm not sure what a cold water extraction is and they are straight codeine pills.

As Quetzl said, codeine is often combined with acetaminophen (APAP) which is harmful in high doses. APAP usually makes up the majority of the pill; ie, a 5mg vicodin would have 500mg of APAP. A cold water extraction easily dissolves the codeine but only very little of the APAP. However since you have straight codeine you don't have to worry about doing this.

bigdjohnson

Wow buddy - that's alot of meds - sounds like a typical Sunday afternoon at my house. Did I just say that? Whatever - anyway, telling the difference between quality flowers and shwagg takes some practice. I applaud you being honest as we really can't help if we don't know the whole story. Out of respect for your privacy feel free to me and i can walk you through the EQ easily as well as variating temps to accomodate specific needs.

There's alot of people round these parts with alot of experience in numerous areas. Shit, it's only recently that I've given up other (fun) drugs to devote myself strictly to Mary J. Helping guy's (or gals) like yourself honestly helps me give back so, basically I remember being a noob here, feel free to reach out.

High School Graduation....

Hey buddy, did you get my pm?

bigdjohnson,

clouded vision

it seems like you might have a couple problems. first you might be expecting the same high as the opiates which you just aren't going to get, especially with you taking so much. second, as bouldarado started, the opiates are most likely overpowering the MJ.
If you are inhaling properly and exhaling visible vape then you are getting high but just might not be able to recognize it compared to/through your opiate high. my first suggestion is to go get help getting off the opiates off you really do want to get off them because you won't be able to do it yourself if you are taking that much on a daily basis. another suggestion is to try using MJ first thing in the morning before you have taken any opiates (if you can stomach it at this point) and wait for at least 30 minutes after you vape to take your opiates and see if you feel high then.
I have known my fair share of full blown junkies (not calling you one) and none of them used MJ anymore because it had no effect on them due to the opiate high they always had. my ex used to take 300mg of percocet at a time (yes you read right 20 15mg at a time) and I used to partake once in awhile, everytime I did abd then smoked I found I wouldn't really get high but it would just sort of level out the opiate high

edit: if you aren't sure what quality your herbs are you can post a close up picture of a bud and most here would be able to let you know if it looks good, or you can check out the pictures in the my stash thread under the vaporizables section for a comparison.

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
I'm fairly new too and somebody on here gave me this tip a couple months ago when I was having the same problem: (When you're sober) Vape a few bowls and immediately go somewhere public and see if you feel any different. It's easier to tell that way. Trust me, you're getting vaped,, IT WORKS,, it's just hard to realize the different effects when you're still transitioning from smoking. If you're anything like me you'll soon start to appreciate the difference in vaping and will vow to never go back to smoking. It's cleaner in every way.

But more importantly, take care of your opiate dependency before you die from it.

I can relate because I beat a xanax dependence earlier this year. I was "overprescribed" by my old doc for almost 3 years so I know how hard it can be to beat pills. Every aspect of your life will become 100% improved when do beat them. You sound like too smart of a guy to let them beat you.

I'm sure you'll do it. You can. Get some sort of help though. I found a really good doctor. Good luck bud.

Hoof Hearted,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Thanks guys. It's kind of odd seeing someone tell me to get help. It really hits hard and opens the eyes a bit.
Yeah man. Opiates are a godsend for pain but such a bad vice. They're also (obviously) addictive. Are you taking them for pain or to get high? You can get non-narcotic stuff that works well like Lidoderm. If you're using opiates to get high, you'll find yourself in a hole too deep to climb out of by yourself.

We're only bugging you because we care and some of us have been there before.

ou812?

Been there done that buddy,As others have told you PLEASE get off the opiates,they will KILL you. Screwed up my back for a while ,ruptured a few discs,and was still trying to work, doc gave me oxy's and within no time your hooked and chasing the relief with more and more. I was never wanting to catch a buzz from them,I personally hate opiates and their buzz,no sir not for me,but the drug itself is excellent in masking pain, you can function with that stuff and not feel the pain that is debilitating . As we all know,sooner or later your going to have to come off the drug and TCB, either that or get ready for Mr Toads wild ride and the big dirt nap..
If you find yourself not being able to fend off the addiction by yourself ,I strongly suggest you seek the help of a medical professional if deciding to go COLD TURKEY, as detoxing can be lethal depending on the severity of your addiction and health condition. Godspeed to you bro, sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and realize that what your doing is harmful and the important thing is your asking for help and youve come to a good place.Please advise of your progress or any questions you may have, as you see we are concerned.

Ganjaman

try to make a really strong butter. The high is much stronger than vapor and has the real body effect like codeine. Good luck

Ganjaman,

max

Out to lunch
Keep in mind that pain relievers don't all address the same issues or in the same manner. The big difference though, as far as long term use and safety, is that mj (especially vapor) won't cause the kind of harm to the body that even OTC drugs can and do. It's even possible to be an everyday mj user and not have your tolerance level constantly creeping up. It may not always be the end all answer, pain relief wise, but it should certainly help in some respects. I know for sure that it's helped people in some cases more than addictive drugs like hydrocodone.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
You should also consider switching to concentrates in the beggining.

I think that will help you gradualy lower your codeine intake until you wean off the addiction.

Then, lower the concentrates and rise the flowers.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Try and kick or significantly lower the opiates man.
Those things will do more harm than good!

As for what some good quality bud looks like, this is what you want to see:
P1030416.jpg

This was some Autoflowering Bubbelicious.
Notice all the crystals on it? That is the THC resin glands.
The more of them the better the high!
Also you have to know your strains, Indica or Sativa.
Sativa's will give you the head high and energetic feeling, great day time smoke.
Indica will give you more of a body stone, couch lock and put you to sleep pain free.

This of course depends on how it was grown and how long it was allowed to flower for.
Longer flower periods turn the THC resin glands an amber color that will knock you out!
More cloudy/milky glands gives you the head high.

Top Bottom