New Contest for Fall!!

7thFloorVapes

Company Rep
Show us your trees!!!

That’s right this contest is simple:

Take a photo of your favorite tree. Maybe it has a name, Maybe it doesn’t.

We are all about how majestic nature can be. Show us that you love nature also.

Winner will be picked by the character of their post… Make us laugh, make us cry. Let us just share some nature together. Nature is Neat.

All FC members are welcome to enter the contest by simply posting a picture of a tree, and a caption about why this tree/post should win.

Get outside enjoy nature, and when you’re done? Your SSV will be waiting to help you “RideThe Wave”

Rules N stuff:

All information gathered will NOT be used for ANY purpose. We do not gather info that way.

Winner must be over 21, and be a really stellar person overall.

This is a level 1 contest so please be aware of the rules.

Winner will be selected by the character of their post.

Be cool.

The winner will receive:

This exact custom made Silver Surfer vaporizer, complete with Essential Oil Kit, and water filter. Along with all the goodies to make these work together. (This design cannot be purchased)
FC_Giveaway_OCT_NOV.jpg

Value of= $575.00 retail

We will cover the shipping if you live in the USA.

Deadline for entries is Sunday the 26th. Contest winner will be announced via video Monday the 27th of November 2017

VAPEHUNTER

Living in the desert of Las Vegas we don't really get a lot of trees. And although its not really a tree I photographed it is one of my favorite pictures of a tree. It was an Artwork done by Storm Thorgerson showing the likeness of Syd Barrett in the tree.

Pink Floyd's Tree of Half Life.
%2527Tree-of-Half-Life%2527%2B-%2BPhotography%2Bby%2B%2BStorm%2BThorgerson.jpg

Thanks for the contest!

VAPEHUNTER

I'm loving this contest. As strange as it sounds I've always had a big love for trees.
Here are some of my favorites from my "screen saver collection".

F.Y.I. these are all "real" trees. No photo shop here!

ddlZYoe.png

MylGDyH.png

DI9wxQK.jpg

uoBFeaf.png

aY6EyaX.png

q5rGM9n.jpg

upRemEV.jpg

Iel8bd3.png

ErDVJBw.png

EDIT:
Here is a cool fact that I think goes well here.

There are more trees on Earth than stars in the Milky Way Galaxy

layne-lawson-140382.jpg

Photograph by Layne Lawson

In a September 2015 paper published in the scientific journal Nature entitled “Mapping tree density at a global scale” an estimate for the number of trees on Earth was approximately 3.04 trillion.

Meanwhile, according to NASA the generally accepted answer for number of stars in the Milky way is between 100 and 400 billion. [source]

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
I think we are supposed to get outside and take the picture ourselves...
Grab those cameras or phones and get outside!!

Show us your trees!!!

That’s right this contest is simple:

Take a photo of your favorite tree.

Get outside enjoy nature, and when you’re done? Your SSV will be waiting to help you “RideThe Wave”

FC_Giveaway_OCT_NOV.jpg

QUOTE]

This is my entry!
I love this magnolia tree in my backyard! It's majestic when flowering and when it has leaves.
Unlike most trees, the magnolia has flowers first and after the flowers die, the leaves start growing.
So it is one of the first trees to bloom after winter and is a great reminder that outside vaping weather is just around the corner!!
Bonus double rainbow!!!

eBN0KyJ.jpg

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Abysmal Vapor @lazylathe

I don't think it matters.
@elykpeace Well maybe we need @7thFloorVapes to clarify the situation :)) !
-------------------------------------------
Edited to add 7thfloor response ,seems like elykpeace was right :)
"Anyone can enter. We will not exclude anyone because of the origin of their photo. With that said. Please go out and take a photo. its about enjoying nature.""

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,

elykpeace

exVASted
Where's everyone at? This contest needs more exposure!!

Come on in guys the water is just fine :freak:

My "trees" growing into seedlings in preparation for the new aeroponic/hydroponic tower garden.

CPpIb19.jpg

TkkI9zV.jpg

Edit I went outside and took a pic :tup::rockon:

Last edited:

Reflections

IT6hpQ4.jpg

I went outside and took this picture of my tree thats turning and ready to dump a gazillion leaves in yard to rake up.
We usally hate the raking of leaves,but now I feel Blessed and Happy to be able to do this due to all the fires that burnt houses
and trees so very close to my home in the worst northern california fire ever!

WCrImI9.jpg

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Outside in my garage, here's my favorite tree. Also, the fierce guardians of this sacred beauty.

vfWmfvH.jpg

Tale of the Wishing Tree and Her FaithFul Guardians

You see, as rumor would have it... Long ago in a land far far away, there lived two spoiled arrogant young men. These men took what they wanted, when they wanted it, with no regard. Now in this land, there also lived a powerful Vape Wizard (anyone care to guess who's referenced here :cool:). And of course, this wizard had a beautiful daughter who was a bit on the wild side. So one day whilst strolling through the land, the wizard's daughter happened upon the two men as they were sparking up a blunt. She joined them, knowing full well the crimes of combustion and that her father was keeper of the Vape Law.

She got blazed, and in their usual fashion the two men took what they wanted, took what they wanted, and then took it again.

It was unfortunate for them that their greed for greed caused so much time to pass, that their actions did not go unnoticed by the Vape Wizard. Infuriated,the Vape Wizard travels briefly to the future (the one where he entered a contest held by 7th floor and won), and takes a huge rip from his prize SSV. Fully energized, he travels to the scene of the crimes and using the power of bloodshot eyes, he calls forth Sight beyond Sight. Through the mist he sees the events as they unfold only to find his daughter may not have been so much a victim as was originally thought. Further infuriated, but also caring for his daughter deeply, he could never carry out the Ritual of Desecration, thereby wiping the face of the land erasing these three, so instead he called upon the wind for the wise voice of guidance. To his side, appeared Da Buddha and time froze as they spoke. They vaped too. Man did they vape! Da Buddha could really dish out the vapor! Through Da Buddha's wisdom, and his trusty companion - we'll call him Sidekick, they all got hella vaked!

When they finished their session, the vape wizard saw what was needed. An example to those who would fall folly to combustion. So, taking a huge rip off his Sidekick (Da Buddha was so ripped, he left it with the wizard by accident), he re-energized himself and cast his most complicated spell.

His daughter and the two men who had passed out long ago began to change. Though unconscious, she slowly stood tall and outstretched her arms... and from her fingers sprouted leaves. More and more leaves sprouted and grew. Her dark brown hair, made its way around her face, neck, up her arms / down her body till it covered every place that was not already covered with leaves... then it hardened into bark.... While she was transforming, the two men's transformation took the opposite direction. Instead of standing tall, they laid on their bellies. Their arms and legs shrank and changed shape. Their heads grew snake-like and they had powerful tails.

His daughter, he transformed into a beautiful tree. The two men her eternal guardians... the picture before you proof of these very events....

And maybe one day, just maybe..... (to be continued.... )

Summer

Long Island, NY
@DDave, your story had me in stitches throughout & floored me in the depth of it's conclusion.

That was superb! I thoroughly enjoyed it, thank you! Your words are so vivid & your descriptions so intricate that not only was I reading the words, but visualizing them, too. That ability is one of the several reasons why Stephen King is my favorite author. And needless-to-say, the horror ;). (Why does this term needless-to-say even exist! :doh:)

Dave, I think though the picture tells a very simple story of 2 snakes who make wishes on that tree everyday for total, unrestricted freedom; they want to return to the wild, to nature, in the territory their forefathers previously originated from -- that's why it's called a Wishing Tree. :nod: Or, they may simply be wishing for a real tree. :lol:

An aside, Dave, your writing, avatar & your signature quote are completely in sync &, used loosely, in synergy. Together they reveal more than a glimpse of who you are. :nod:

:hmm: Now, I'm in a quandary as I think DDave & @Reflections both deserve to win. :rockon:

Thank you so much @7thFloorVapes for starting this contest. I am thoroughly enjoying every post. I've only been on FC since the end of June &, I have to say, for me, this thread is among the best.

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
DDave, your story had me in stitches throughout & floored me in the depth of it's conclusion.

That was superb!
@Summer Thanks for the kind words! I had a great time writing it and glad to hear you enjoyed it as well!

Dave, I think though the picture tells a very simple story of 2 snakes who make wishes on that tree everyday for total, unrestricted freedom; they want to return to the wild, to nature, in the territory their forefathers previously originated from -- that's why it's called a Wishing Tree. :nod: Or, they may simply be wishing for a real tree. :lol:
I wish I could release them. They are both cat attack survivors, both were injured and lost tails. Nursed back to health and are now human-imprinted. I do agree with you that they probably are wishing on the tree, but more likely for their next meal... ;)

DDave,
Reactions: Summer

Morty

My :2c: Anyone can copy & paste a picture. Whole 'nother thing to take it.

Taken w/ my crappy old Panasonic LX5

"Toothpicks"

msoWsco.jpg

Manual, ISO 100, f/8, 1/20 sec

"The Green Inferno"

wr5buVF.jpg

Aperture Priority, ISO 80, f/8, 1/4 sec

The 1st picture was taken at a nature preserve near my house a couple years ago on a freezing day an hour before sunset. I used my camera's highest aperture (f/8) & lowest ISO (80) to get my shutter speed below 1/40 sec so that I could get some intentional camera movement. I started w/ the camera pointed towards the ground, pressed the shutter a few seconds after, kept moving the camera upwards & finished w/ the camera pointed up to the sky. It's important to follow through & not just stop when the exposures done.

The 2nd picture was taken from the same nature preserve, but this time early in the morning (around sunrise), & using the same technique as above but shooting starting at the sky & finishing w/ the camera pointed towards the ground.

No Photoshop. RAW files available if needed.

All FC members are welcome to enter the contest by simply posting a picture of a tree, and a caption about why this tree/post should win.

Why I think I should win ? :hmm: Hmmm...because I need some 7th Floor in my life! Baaad! I've never tried a 7th Floor product & have heard the SSV is a fucking beast! And an awesome & dependable daily driver to boot! Besides, I'm a seriously stellar person. I'd be even more stellar w/ one bad ass custom SSV sitting by my bed! What a dream machine it would be!

Last edited:

blackstone

Wow, what a prize! Really beautiful looks on that set. Thanks for the opportunity to win it.

WC0njyC.jpg

It took me a while to decide, but this is my favorite tree picture I've taken in a while,
and the tree I like is the really tall stick like one in the middle there.
I think it's funny how it has grown so long reaching for the canopy, and with zero branches below the top. Like some crazy stone age tree or seaweed!
It is also leaning towards us in this picture, and it grows out of a raised bank, so I was pleased and comforted to see it still standing after storms recently although others were not so lucky.

Close by, people throw rocks into a nice tree's rot cavity each time to make a wish, but the last tree that people did this to fell down once it was full of rocks, so that gets to me!
I've spent so much time in this place since a child, we picked mushrooms here in our teens and imagined things like your Silver Surfer artwork up there and the details on the glass pieces hee hee.

It's great how I can still learn interesting things about trees like how storm fallen limbs need to be left in the woods to allow dozens of slug species to thrive, or how all the toxins can be stored just in a tree's bark.

I love to vape and take photos of vapes near these trees in all seasons (even while attracting more tick bites!) and I've had a close relationship with trees throughout my life, I'm connected with them through people who have passed and ones who are still with us, and those who were always scared of the trees when it's windy.
And I love many of the birds and animals who make use of them, especially raptors that I've spotted here! And the odd fox.
But lately I feel I might be more secure and get more exercise if I instead did some decent effective vaping at home before I leave, and this is how I would use the prize.
It also really fits the direction I have decided to head for purest flavor with efficiency, and I love the idea of whips for relief while in a lying down flat position.
I don't have a glass piece yet and have been aiming to get one.
I have taken a shine to Da Buddha, SSV, and LSV systems lately. And I have also imagined how a Sidekick could be a great option for outdoors and cold air use, so I have one of those in mind for the future too!

And I have a 4 foot blacklight tube lying around here in case those are UV accents on the glass!
Good luck everybody and thank you @7thFloorVapes for the idea.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Just realized i forgot to post yesterday.It is still sunday in some parts of the US so i hope it is not too late.My favorite tree is Eucalyptus deglupta a.k.a rainbow eucalyptus :) ! Just imagine walking in a forest of those trees ,i want to have one just for me and i would also add some pandas and koalas for extra cuteness :D.. I like this tree best of all just because the vividness and multitude of colors are just as stellar as this SSV is :p !
hqdefault.jpg
the-rainbow-eucalyptus-tree-reveals-gorgeous-patterns-and-colours-_192_68201_0_14099957_500.jpg
150941024981188697_xYDLj6zr_c.jpg
i00166-lg%2B-2%2Bbright%2Blow%2BRon%2BWest%2Bsmall.jpg
Eucalyptus-Rainbow-Trees.jpg
this-rainbow-tree-is-real--and-it-grows-naturally-in-the-philippines.jpg

Here is a a couple of photos of very old Olive Trees ,i saw this summer in Greece.
2edxsp3.jpg
8wcwmt.jpg

This one is taken few weeks back when it wasnt yet Winter around here :D..
n1ovmf.jpg

Last edited:

elykpeace

exVASted
I'd love to win my friend this and convert a combuster. He had a cfx for a little while but didn't like to plug it in to charge(old guy) I figure this would be easier and everything is included to get him going.

@7thFloorVapes hook my buddy up! It will go to a great home to some one more than deserving of the sweet vapors!

Good luck to everyone.. can't wait to see who is bestowed this beauty :tup::brow:

elykpeace,
Top Bottom