Need help finding a cheap, wholesome glass tube.

Tragikkkkk

I've recently been on the hunt for a cheap ($50-90 shipped) nice foot(give or take a few) tube with a 18.8 diffused downstems (holes, preferably over slits) for use with my DBV. One big problem that I have is that I live in Pennsylvania (apparently the biggest demonic state when relating to shipping glass to, even though I could tell you about 5 gas stations around where I live that sell shotty bowls, chillums, waterpipes, etc.) I've been looking at many places online, the overseas sites (GC & EDIT) just kinda seem shakey if I don't have any anecdotal evidence saying that it will actually arrive and that I won't get ripped off. I've also been looking RX and ALT, and RX won't ship to Penn. and ALT is slightly above my price range. Oh yes, the perks of being a poor college student in a poor economy, joy! Any help or guidance to my situation would be greatly appreciated. Love FC, I'm back off my lil hiatus!

Tragikkkkk,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
this site might help point you in the right direction,

http://www.gogowholesale.com/glass_water_pipes/

im also a poor college student and found that this site had reasonable prices for what i was looking for. i don't know if they have any issues when shipping to Pennsylvania but I live in New England and got my order in about a week with no problems. i can tell the glass isn't of the best quality but thats to be expected with such cheap prices and it definitely still gets the job done. hope this helps :peace:

HighlyEducatedScholar,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Never had a problem with EDIT to Canada, although I haven't order glass from them yet.

smokum,

Tragikkkkk

I've read both good and bad things about EDIT and GC to the point unless I hear overwhelming evidence of them being great. I'll have to try and stick in American sites. I'm kinda nervous about going wholesale because I'm really good at breaking things when I'm not trying to. It just sucks with the whole PA thing and the fear of God that it put into glass sellers, ever since the Tommy Chong trial, especially cause we have head shops everwhere but most of them are overpriced. I miss etsy soooo much...

Tragikkkkk,

Tragikkkkk

Any experiences with or opinions of Everyonedoesit or Grasscity?

Modnote: Please do not bump threads.

Tragikkkkk,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I think you'll be fine with them. Lots of the issues will probably be more due to postal services and customs than the retailer IMO- they're not in the business of ripping off customers, and post and customs are the most unpredictable aspects of the whole thing.

I've dealt with both, fairly regularly, and have always received my orders fairly promptly. I've also returned goods to both of them. EDIT are better with returns- i think as they're covered by UK distance selling regulations which mandate returns within 7 days of receipt for whatever reason, even just change of mind. Just yesterday I returned some orange oil bong cleaner to them; they sent something different to that pictured and described. It's an equivalent alternative I'm sure, but one that made me realise it's just 3 worth of orange oil being sold for 10. I did have trouble with them one time past after I received a damaged order, they never answer the phone, but in the end I ended up with shit loads of freebies as a result so they more than made up for it overall.

I also had to return a glass piece to grasscity that didn't fit my bong properly - they don't accept returns for this reason alone, so instead I turned it into a complaint about the quality of the piece (it was a Molino perc) in order to get them to accept the return. But accept it they did.

These places are megastores that do heaps of business. I think when you serve that many customers there will always be that percentage that are upset, and those are the ones most likely to post about it online. It's hard to get the personal customer service that you might get from the smaller vendors, but in the case of edit at least, the prices often reflect that (not GCs ambitious pricing- I expect better service there tbh- it's always a different rep answering the emails).

I think you'll be fine with these stores. :2c:

WatTyler,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
In all honesty, if I can get it somewhere else I'd rather not buy at EDIT. But most of my annoyance comes from the fact that I don't use credit cards & they won't accept paypall or Ideal (the standard way we pay on the internet in my country). I have to transfer the money from my bank myself, & even though payment usually arrives withing 24 to 72 hours at most (international transfer) it always takes them at least a week to often two or even longer to process it & it won't get shipped before they do. They also have trouble answering questions at all or correctly it seems, but that's one of my bigger pet-peeves with most online headshops.

I have no doubt that they are anything but relaiable though, just slow in my experience.

OhTheAgony,

mistergyro

OhTheAgony said:
In all honesty, if I can get it somewhere else I'd rather not buy at EDIT. But most of my annoyance comes from the fact that I don't use credit cards & they won't accept paypall or Ideal (the standard way we pay on the internet in my country). I have to transfer the money from my bank myself, & even though payment usually arrives withing 24 to 72 hours at most (international transfer) it always takes them at least a week to often two or even longer to process it & it won't get shipped before they do. They also have trouble answering questions at all or correctly it seems, but that's one of my bigger pet-peeves with most online headshops.

I have no doubt that they are anything but relaiable though, just slow in my experience.

man you should look into money orders.

mistergyro,
Top Bottom