Need help deciding on next vape purchase

chillAtGVC

I do not need a new vape, but I want one. I've tried to distract myself with WAS, but I now have several ounces and I rarely use 1g a day!

I got my first vape, a Venty, in February. It was a revelation. No more fire for me! I have had zero problems with the Venty and am very happy with it. But VAS...

I got a FireFly 2+ next as I'd read that the vapor quality was better than the Venty. While it is different, I'd hesitate to declare one better tasting than the other. I also wanted something smaller to the Venty so that I can pocket it when out in the garden. I am not very happy with the FireFly. The main reason is the draw restriction. It is like trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose. The other reason is those finicky capacitance buttons that often refuse to acknowledge they are being touched and also require a awkward grip. Is is very portable though, I like that.

Then I got a DynaVap B, and a Vaphit X-stem. I discovered that I don't like manual vapes. Too much fiddling, not enough inhaling.

Then I picked up a cheap, used Arizer Extreme Q. I like it well enough, though there is a lot more to setup as I need to use it outside (wife hates the smell of weed, probably more than she loves me). And I get much higher from a given amount of weed as the Venty does not go beyond 210C and I can extract more at higher temps. I don't think I would use it were it not for the higher extractions.

Now, I am debating what might be next. I think the FireFly 2+, DynaVap B, and Vaphit will be sold shortly.

Considerations:
- I am a flavour chaser, not a cloud chaser
- Prefer pure convection or hybrid for the flavour
- I am a sipper, I have baby lungs so I am not much of a ripper
- My wife insists on me vaping outside, so I have a preference for portable
- Something easier to pocket than the Venty would be nice
- I like easy to use, I want to sit and vape and think, not sit and fiddle with my vape and heat source

Ones that I am currently considering are:
- Angus Enhanced
Pro: great flavour, pure convection, and I don't own a halogen vape yet
Con: size mostly, it seems about as pocketable as the Venty

- AirVape Legacy Pro
Pro: reasonably pocketable, session and on-demand modes, pretty good flavour, inexpensive with the $100 off coupon
Con: bowl size is on the small side at 0.2g, taste is probably below the Venty and FireFly, draw restriction?

- TinyMIght 2
Pro: size, rave reviews, everyone seems to love the TM, pure convection
Con: price, fragility, it seems more for rippers than sippers

- ConVex by Entheos
Pro: size, pure convection, all glass vapor path, support a small vape maker
Con: price, living on the bleeding edge

I looked at the Taffee Bowle and while it sounds fantastic, it is less pocketable than the Venty.

I am open to other options. There are SO many different vapes out there. I am not too price sensitive if the device gives me something that I want and don't have.

I am looking for comments on the four that I have chosen, or suggestions for options that I may have missed. I am aware of ball vapes but (a) I'd prefer portables and (b) more importantly it looks like a deep VAS rabbit hole to fall down.

Rodney

Is a bit later here so sorry for the short reply.

I would get a Tinymight2 and as you say it is a ripper the way most of us use it however fi you use ti at a low number then you can sip and sip and sip and the flavour keeps coming. Also it is not that fragile and built very well. It is priced highly but is well worth it.

As you say the VENTY is an amazing vape but that weird S&B flavour thing going on is not so cool compared to other vapes.

You can do so much with the Tinymight2 and also the guys here are great for advice and a thread that is almost 100 page long with tons of good advice and tips.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
If you are looking for something pocketable and tasty then I can recommend the AVLP. It was my go-to portable for close to 2 years until I've recently fallen for the Solo3.

The AVLP is a very, very tasty vape. Heats really quickly. Great battery life and even has wireless charging. Handles any type of grind, even little nuggs. Does concentrates well too. The big Achilles heel is keeping it clean. However, I've found that the dosing caps are really great and they change the vape completely allowing it to stay clean for a long time.

You can remove a screen and the microdosing wheel (known mod) and make it super wide open. However I think it has very little restriction even in the stock configuration. I'd consider it. If you are a flavor chaser then the session mode at really low temps (330F) is amazing.

I think the S3 is an overall better vape but I can't really say it's more pocketable. It does everything the AVLP can but in a slightly better way. Bigger battery and bowl though.

Edit: Forgot to mention that another plus is that the AVLP vapor is very cool in the stock configuration. If you have baby lungs as you say then you'll appreciate how cool it is without longer stems.

Last edited:

MrGreenspoon

I think the AVLP is a good package regarding price, performance and mobility. You can get tasty smooth hits in session mode at lower temps or some stronger rips in on demand mode at higher temps. My wife likes the AVLP because she vapes very rarely and it’s the only vape that don’t make her cough.
For me the mod @TigoleBitties mentioned (removing screen and microdosing disc) is mandatory because the airflow without the mod is too restrictive for my taste. Even with the mod I will always prefer the TM2 or Venty because the airflow is so much better. I use the AVLP only for traveling.
But I wouldn’t say that the taste is below the Venty. The taste is different but at lower temps I think it’s better than the Venty. The taste with the Venty is more muted. Because of the muted flavor with the Venty the taste does not degrade as much while vaping on a bowl, which in turn is an advantage. With the AVLP the "popcorn" taste is much stronger during the end of a session especially with higher temps..

If vaping outside means in your garden and the price is not as important I would choose the TM2. It’s a very versatile mobile vape. It can deliver every type of hit you want and the taste at low temperatures is amazing. With all the different stems available you can customize your experience even more.

Varden

I use my TM2 mostly as a sipper, rarely if ever as a ripper. At low temps the flavour and the smootheness of the vapor is great, specially if you hook it to a j-hook, although for portability i have a shorter stem for when "on the go".

chillAtGVC

Thank you everyone for your advice.

@TigoleBitties how is the airflow restriction on the Solo3 compared to the AVLP? I considered the S3 briefly but have read that Arizer vapes are quite restrictive. The draw restriction on the FireFly 2+ is what I am trying to avoid. I like the idea of a bigger bowl. The 0.2g bowl of the AVLP is not a selling point for me. I have a FireFly so the constant cleaning is nothing overly bothersome to me.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Thank you everyone for your advice.

@TigoleBitties how is the airflow restriction on the Solo3 compared to the AVLP? I considered the S3 briefly but have read that Arizer vapes are quite restrictive. The draw restriction on the FireFly 2+ is what I am trying to avoid. I like the idea of a bigger bowl. The 0.2g bowl of the AVLP is not a selling point for me. I have a FireFly so the constant cleaning is nothing overly bothersome to me.
Ok. The AVLP bowl size I thought was good for me. A nice low-temp session with a full bowl was usually 5min. With the S3 I've been managing sessions closer to 8 or 10min due to more flower in the bigger (depending on the stem) bowl.

Gauging air restriction is always a tricky and subjective thing...

I would say the AVLP with the modification I mentioned earlier is wide open. The S3 with the stock glass stems does have some restriction but I consider it mild. I would highly recommend getting an aftermarket stem with a metal screen for the S3 (this link) and then using any 14mm dry pipe of your choice. The stem can act as a 14mm WPA or you can try using the included glass XL WPA if it's not too restrictive to connect to your dry pipe.

Aside from the more open screen, the solo stem I linked earlier has notches in the bowl as well for even more airflow and there are different stem options similar to this. With these stems, the restriction goes from mild to very mild but still a hair below the AVLP with its mod.

Lastly, I would say if you do go with the S3, restriction is governed by how you pack the stem. Loose pack, minimal tamping is best. You need to be able to inhale easily through the stem after loading.

Edit: I never owned a Firefly but I wish I had so I'd have a reference point to the type of restriction you dislike.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The draw restriction on the FireFly 2+ is what I am trying to avoid. I like the idea of a bigger bowl. The 0.2g bowl of the AVLP is not a selling point for me. I have a FireFly so the constant cleaning is nothing overly bothersome to me.
The FF 2+ has many drawbacks compared to most popular vapes today. It definitely has a restricted draw, but it's also easy to overwhelm the heater. It is nice for its ability to provide flavorfull hits at lower temperatures but it is fidgety and the awful touch sensing buttons don't help with that.

I have found, for me, a more powerful vape can usually manage lower temperatures well. It's nice to have a bit more flexibility and a wider range of experiences with a device like the Tinymight. Even the Prrl Neo can be adapted to your preferences, but the FF is only the one thing.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah based on everything you said, tinymight is an easy choice, very versatile, still my all-around favorite... with plain basket screen WPA and right angled hook or GVB stem (ideally the u turn) still very portable imo (and not very fragile)

Also checkout Firewood9 as a more conduction oriented counterpart, still some hybrid convection, depending how you use it exactly... Full temp range, sleek portable, very effective and a fine choice to go with TM or have instead of it, worthwhile

Entheos Convex seems pretty great too although it is very new... Have you looked into the thermal accumulator and/or tempest though?? Might work for you

chillAtGVC

Again, my thanks to everyone for you generous advice. This is all very useful.
@TigoleBitties Buzz Danklin describes the FF2+ restriction as sucking a thick milkshake through a large straw. I'd say that is a generous description. It feels like trying to inhale though a 1mm diameter hole. I get impatient and oxygen starved. I am leaning S3 now, a 0.5g oven is prefect for me (no reloading needed). Thanks for the link to Ed's stem. I will want one of those if I go for the S3.

@Grass Yes that pretty much sums up the FireFly. It is a purchase that I regret. At least it was on the 420 sale.

@Shit Snacks I've looked at the Firewood9 but I think I will leave that for another VAS outbreak. After some though I feel that the Entheos Convex is just too new for me. Maybe next year.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks I've looked at the Firewood9 but I think I will leave that for another VAS outbreak. After some though I feel that the Entheos Convex is just too new for me. Maybe next year

Solo3 is new but from an old brand, it's pretty versatile and could also do what you require, I just prefer TM2 and FW9 more for my needs, more versatile better vapor quality

Wozz

FF2+ did taste great to me, but way too fiddly.
Each time I had time not using it and returned to it I had to relearn once again. The draw, all the messing around, then the battery would die...
Just frustrated me more often than not...

I agree with others, the TM2 is so versatile.

I mainly use mine with MH's Revolve and a Azzwood stem or a glass stem from Glass Charlie.
I'm also getting my first glass piece(s) to go with my TM2.

I really don't think of it as fragile either. Yeah, I'm more careful with it than I was with my Mighty, but I don't consider it fragile .

I've stood up with it on my lap, fell onto a wooden floor, it was fine.
I've knocked it off my table once.
The highest fall was from my tray when I was walking to another room. I did think that time I would find damage, all was good though.

Aye, I'm probably lucky as feck, but I don't think that it warrants a fragile label.
It's the device I take out when walking the dog 🤷‍♂️

chillAtGVC

I will wrap this up now. The TM2 and AVLP would be the best for "pocketable" but I decided that clandestine garden sessions were likely to be uncommon. I decided that the new hotness was just more interesting to me andI ended up ordering a Solo 3 which should be here in a week. It seems very popular as the XL stem is sold out on Arizer's site and Ed's wooden stem is sold out in Canada. I will probably end up with a TinyMight 2 at some point.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I will wrap this up now. The TM2 and AVLP would be the best for "pocketable" but I decided that clandestine garden sessions were likely to be uncommon. I decided that the new hotness was just more interesting to me andI ended up ordering a Solo 3 which should be here in a week. It seems very popular as the XL stem is sold out on Arizer's site and Ed's wooden stem is sold out in Canada. I will probably end up with a TinyMight 2 at some point.
Congrats. It's a great vape. You mentioned being a flavor chaser and a sipper... well the S3 can deliver that. Try a nice low temp sesh at 160c with a 30sec heat soak.
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Top Bottom