Need a vaporizer, but it needs to be stealthyyy

immortal10

I'm looking for a vaporizer that works well, but it needs to be pretty small because i must hide it. (computer case).

Also, I've never owned a vaporizer. Does it smell bad? Could I do it in my house then spray some spray and no one would know?

Thank you!

immortal10,

lwien

The smallest, most stealthy vape has to be the LaunchBox. Check out the LB thread here at FC.

lwien,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Seconded on the Launch Box. Will fit inside a computer case (eh not inside an iMac....lol), doesn't smell too much (use Ozium to cover up or google 'sploof tube').

Tom

tdavie,

sour

Welcome to FC! There are a number of vaporizers that are easy to hide when not in use, the ones that come to mind first are the portable types. The Magic Flight Launch Box and the Iolite. For a good desktop vape that can easily be hidden after use I'd recommend either the MyrtleZap or Purple Days vaporizer. The only down side to one of these "log style" (as some people call them) vapes is that the warm up time is nearly an hour. In your situation you may or may not have that much preparation time to work with.

I know your new here but let me assure you that there is TONS of information here regarding these vapes. You can find reviews, comparisons, and photos on each of them. I'm sure someone else knows of some other good recommendations for ya. Good luck in finding your perfect vaporizer! Hope to see ya around on the forums more and more.

sour,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Ha. I too often keep my launchbox in my computer case. It makes for a great vape that saves you a significant amount of bud as opposed to combustion. It also does not smell quite as much as other vapes, although when in use it will have some smell. Almost as if someone left their sack open on your desk for some time. The smell usually dissipates within 10-20 min but if you use something like febreze then you may not even be able to smell it at all.

Without any spray, anyone with knowledge of how bud smells would pick up on it.. but its nothing like smoking since it goes away pretty quick and the LB doesn't produce the thickest hits so its not too bad on smell.

Id recommend the launch box hands down. American made, extremely portable and also delivers the substances flawlessly. Check out the Magic flight launch box thread and their website.

HighSti,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Does it smell bad? Could I do it in my house then spray some spray and no one would know?
In my experience (and some people disagree),

YES.

I vape large amounts in my room, at high temps with the windows closed.

I don't spray anything and just let it air out naturally, 10-20 minutes is all I need but in past even in under 5 minutes I haven't been caught.

Never had a single problem.

Chubba,

sgvpunk

My first (and only for the time being) vaporizer is the launchbox. I have to say i absolutely love this thing. Its portable, ultra stealthy, and has little to no odor, or visible vapor. My main reason for getting a vaporizer was to have a portable piece that would make my greens last longer, and give me a "clean" healthy high that was stealthy. THe launch box has fulfilled all of these requirenments and then some! All my friends who have tried it loved it. THey were all skeptical at first, but after a few hits they knew this box was IT!!!!
I actually posted this mini-review on another topic, but i think it def. applies to what your looking for. I swear the launch box is freaking amazing. :lol:

sgvpunk,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Just to clarify, do you mean stealthy as in a ninja type vape (can hit with people around, quickly pocket it, not obvious) or just a vape small/quick enough to hide in your PC case?

I HIGHLY reccomend the Supreme... this vape has knocked my Purple Days off as my daily driver and my favourite unit.

Small enough for your comp case, super quick (with a proper torch, under 1 minute heatup) and most importantly... gives the thickest vapor/largest hits of any vape I've used, electric or not.

You can even fit an EHLE 100ml in a PC case (at least I can in mine), a tiny bubbler would even be smaller (IMO you want to use a glass bong, just way better then the whip method).

No disrespect to the Launch Box, but it comes NOWHERE near electric units (or the Supreme) in terms of vapor production and intensity of high. The LB will get you where you need to be, gives a nice buzz and satisfies a lot of people.

Chubba,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I recently bought a Launch Box a couple months ago, and I absolutely LOVE it. I take it everywhere now, and I can't imagine being without it. It is the most stealthy vaporizer I've ever seen, and it is reasonably priced.

Vicki,

immortal10

The launchbox looks pretty cool. Only thing is I see these batteries can only do a few hits worth, and then have to be charged for 8 hours. That's kinda lame. Also, say you did one bowl out of a normal pipe/bong, and the same amount out of this thing, how do the highs differ? And last question, I know this was sort of answered but I need to be 100% sure. If I did this thing in my basement(no windows.) Then sprayed ozium, would it smell? And I know its vapor so im assuming no smoke alarms are raised lmao.

Thanks for putting up with all my questions. 100 dollars is a lot if it's not that great, ha

Immortal.

immortal10,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
The no window thing is suss.

The Launchbox you will have no problem, your exhales are barely visible.

Chubba,

sgvpunk

immortal10 said:
The launchbox looks pretty cool. Only thing is I see these batteries can only do a few hits worth, and then have to be charged for 8 hours. That's kinda lame. Also, say you did one bowl out of a normal pipe/bong, and the same amount out of this thing, how do the highs differ? And last question, I know this was sort of answered but I need to be 100% sure. If I did this thing in my basement(no windows.) Then sprayed ozium, would it smell? And I know its vapor so im assuming no smoke alarms are raised lmao.

Thanks for putting up with all my questions. 100 dollars is a lot if it's not that great, ha

Immortal.
First the batteries can be an issue, but just be prepared. When i purchased mine, i bought an extra set (Already unlabeled). If your planning on using it just for personal use, 2 batteries is more then enough for a full days worth of sessions. I Have 4 batteries and as long as i start the day with all 4 charged i never run into any issues.(btw the new charger does not take 8 hours, feels more like 3 or 4) And thats with me and 2 friends vaping, and at least 2-3 sesssions a day. THe high out of the launchbox is one of the things i love about it. Its a real clearheaded high. It still gets you really high, but i dont get that "couchlock" i used to get with bongs. Your still really stoned, but its more of an energetic high. LIke you get stoned and you wanna go out and socialize or go watch a movie. (also, one bowel worth of greens lasts way way way longer in the box then it would in a bong/pipe) If your worried about smell just make yourself a sploof tube. (look it up on youtube. super easy). The smoke from the launchbox is minimal if any. (another ultra stealthy reason) and combined with the sploof, it wouldnt smell. If you get a large electrical unit that creates huge clouds of vapor, then of course a basement with no windows will be an issue. But the launch box can be used with minimal visable vapor, and minimal smell. With a sploof, and taking small quick hits youll have no problems being stealthy. I hope this information was helpful. YOU CANT GO WRONG GETTING THE LAUNCH BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sgvpunk,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
YOU CANT GO WRONG GETTING THE LAUNCH BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can if you want big hits.

All it's pros aside, it's probably the lightest hitting vape on the market... can't think of anything that produces less vapor.

Chubba,

Mrs. Vape

I don't care for the LB, I have one and it combusts the weed as often as it vapes it -- turns black. The tiniest amount of vapor very annoying. Takes forever to get high. But I probably didn't practice enough because I got an Iolite at the same time.

the Iolite is a better product in my opinion. You have to load it with butane before each use sometimes you can get a second or third use out of it but better to load it. It is small and has a nice little case. I agree with the people who say smell is no problem. Very few know what pure weed smells like, they only know the combustion smell. And it dissipates so quickly. You wouldn't have to spray anything. Iolite takes some practice, you have to take very light hits etc. (lots of advice on the forum).

I use a volcano at home; the hits are so huge there is a sort of popcorn smell but there your spray would work. Still dissipates almost immediately, and no lingering smell on clothes or breath. I just keep it on a shelf in a closet, no one knows what it is or even goes in that closet anyway.

Mrs. Vape,

max

Out to lunch
immortal10 said:
Only thing is I see these batteries can only do a few hits worth, and then have to be charged for 8 hours.
Wow. Next we'll be hearing somone say you only get one hit per bat. :rolleyes: A charged battery is good for way more than a few hits, and if the charger currently shipped with the LB takes 8 hrs. (I doubt it), there are many affordable chargers that'll do the job in 1-4 hours.

Mrs. Vape said:
I don't care for the LB, I have one and it combusts the weed as often as it vapes it -- turns black.
It's you that's overcooking, not the LB. It does require attention, since the longer you have the battery connected, the hotter it gets. I've overcooked with it a few times, but never blackened or combusted.

the Iolite is a better product in my opinion
Better in some ways, worse in others. Can't burn your herb, obviously, but also can't deliver the higher temp vapor, if that's what you're after. The LB is a much simpler design-more reliable by far, and with a better warranty. It's also a much better choice if you need silent stealth, since the iolite's hissing is quite audible in a quiet environment. The iolite is the obvious winner for ease of use, due to the fixed temp.

You have to load it with butane before each use sometimes you can get a second or third use out of it but better to load it.
Not enough qualification for that to be a good statement. How long is a "use"? How many people are using? A full load of butane is good for about 90 minutes or so. I can do quite a few bowls before needing to refill. Sometimes a "use" for me is a rather small bowl, and I don't use it on a daily basis, so I've sometimes gone weeks before needing to refill. Now if you've got some air in the butane tank, you're not getting a full refill, and that can be misleading.

Iolite takes some practice, you have to take very light hits etc.
Practice for the iolite? Maybe if you're new to direct draw. I didn't experience a learning curve at all. Very light hits are only necessary for back to back hits (passing it around). It works fine for me wtih normal, medium size hits. Of course it's hard to compare hits over the internet unless you're trading videos, but I find light hits are more appropriate for the LB than the iolite.

Chubba said:
All it's pros aside, it's probably the lightest hitting vape on the market... can't think of anything that produces less vapor.
For me, that's also a pro. I like having a vape that can produce micro hits, if you will. And my first vape, the BC Vaporizer, produced less vapor than the LB, and it's still around, along with many clones.

max,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I think that the LB is great, especially now days since they seem to be improving them. My new one hits a lot better than my old one. I used to share the same "really thin hits, takes forever to get vaked" opinion as others, but thats totally changed since i got my new unit. If the unit you get performs well and you have good batteries that u charge properly, the hits from it are fine. Sure, it doesnt vape as evenly as a convection-based vape, but thats the sacrifice for extreme portability/stealth. Just shake it up a lot between hits and you can get everything brown before anything gets black, if you dont putz around and hit it too slow or leave the battery plugged in when you're not hitting it.

and the battery thing really isnt as big of a hassle as some ppl make it out to be. My stock batteries last 2-3 trenches, about 20+ hits. Thats MORE than enough, considering that they charge in a couple hours.

I've never used an iolite, so i can't really compare the two. I'm sure the iolite produces better hits, but It's not quite as stealthy and portable as the LB, and i like a vape using rechargeable batteries a lot more than butane personally.

I also dont know what the iolites warranty is like, but i do know that there arent many companies like magic flight, who ship you an entire new launch box if anything happens to yours (whether it was your fault or not).

steiner666,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I recently bough a LB. I was part of the camp that thought batteries will be a hassle.
After having it only a few days I no longer see the batteries as an obstacle. As steiner says you can use a battery for 2-3 trenches. I find whenever I use the LB, my max usage is 1-2 trenches. So that takes one battery out, leaves the second. Once the first battery is dead I throw it in the charger. By the time I get around to using the second battery the first one is already charged. So far, concerning my usage, the batteries have yet to pose a problem to me.
The Sanyo charger they come with do a pretty good at recharging them quickly.
The launch box may have less visible vapor, but that does not mean that the little thing can't do its job... it does its job well...

DevoTheStrange,

nickzzzx

Just want to chime in and say that the Launch box is probably the best stealth vape. I've vaped next to people and they had no idea. The trick is to ghost your hits and take small ones.

nickzzzx,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
The launch box may have less visible vapor, but that does not mean that the little thing can't do its job... it does its job well...
I find the LB worked well when I ONLY used the LB, the unit has a way of adjusting your tolerance to the small hits and it indeed does give you a nice high and a good buzz despite very little visible vapor.

It never produces the type of high I want though... I want the over the top, excessive, on the verge of a panic attack/unable to socialize type high where you're choking on clouds of vapor and your eyes are blood red. I used to love ripping bong after bong when I smoked and the LB doesn't really recreate that leve of high.

It's all preferences.

Chubba,

immortal10

Wow guys, thank you very much for the fast replies and the good information. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy this LB! Anyone who has ordered this, (Pretty sure only place to order from is blissville.) Does it ship through USPS or UPS, because I'd like it to just ship to the post office and me pick it up.

immortal10,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
immortal10 said:
Wow guys, thank you very much for the fast replies and the good information. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy this LB! Anyone who has ordered this, (Pretty sure only place to order from is blissville.) Does it ship through USPS or UPS, because I'd like it to just ship to the post office and me pick it up.
BlissSville ships USPS Priority Mail. I got mine through BlissSville, and had it in a couple days.

Vicki,

Blunt

Bluntmaster
I'm also about to order a Launch Box. I was just wondering, how do you get USPS to hold your package?

Blunt,

immortal10

I called USPS and asked them and they say that for shipping address you put "General Delivery."

immortal10,

Blunt

Bluntmaster
immortal10 said:
I called USPS and asked them and they say that for shipping address you put "General Delivery."
Awesome information man. Hopefully I can do the same, which I'm assuming I can. I'm debating on asking my mom to order it for me or not though, so we'll see.

Blunt,
Top Bottom