Mystery oil related info

Denver912

Mystery Oil
11 hours ago
Lab Update: Specialty Analytical has completed the "open blast" method of MO collection from Vector and Newport. They ran 12 cans of each brand and the results in mg/can are posted below. The reason for this test is the discrepancy between our findings (high ppm/can) and Skunkpharm's findings (low ppm/can). The lab's results with the "open blast" method of collection is much closer to our own findings; however, the scary thing is that they collected more MO than us. And what is even more disconcerting is the range in residual contaminants from can to can. As high as 446mg and as low as 16.8mg in a can of Vector; and as high as 510mg and as low as 38.4mg for Newport. This means that small run BHO "blasters" are potentially getting loaded with MO. Imagine a single can blast with 6grams of BHO and .510grams of MO in it.

More quantitative results on the MS analysis of the MO and BHO to follow. Marty stated in an email this morning that they " are still working on finalizing a protocol for minimizing matrix effects." And that they are "developing a standard operating procedure that should allow the analysis consistently with good analytical results, and want to validate the method properly before completing the analysis."

We will update as soon as we hear more. Thank you for sharing

--------------
This was in my fb feed today. I haven't checked skunk pharm yet. But as I see info that is proven feedback from labs I'll pos it. If I miss something feel free to add your thoughts. Thanks guys.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I would to click on the "like" button but I don't like the idea to get an half gram of residual contaminants when I make a run, many peoples done little runs with a yield of 1 or 2 grams and sometime less (I done it and you can read many posts with very little yield).
Now I'll try larger batch only, never abv or 2nd run, perhaps it's better to dilute more this shitty residuals...but it's still in my oil, not good at all.

Do you have residuals contaminants when you use big bottles of butane for kitchen, less or more?

PPN,

darkrom

Great Scott!
These are results from the "Mystery Oil" guy. GreyWolf and several others doing the same test found 0.03g per can of mystery oil, or less in almost every case.

This guy said he found the same, but according to Mr Mystery, the LAB found almost half a gram in one can. It really seems like some error or shady actions on "Mystery Oil"'s part. No one else is able to replicate anything even close to the incredibly high numbers he got...one time. Even he admits that generally it is .03g per can or so.

Denver912

Is that lab not a real lab? I don't know gw or mystery. But when I read that the lab said the content of the MO varied that seemed to make sense since everyone has had different amounts. I'm more interested in this as a interest thing as I'm smoking wax daily.

I tried to find new info from gw lab updates but can't find any. If anyone over there sees info there or anywhere else that adds to this feel free to cause like I said I'm interested.

Also if he is inflating his numbers I look forward to someone having a lab do the same. If I had a company selling open blast stuff I'd be doing just that.

But from what he has said to me over fb he is happy to see closed loop doesn't have the same problems. In my mind that wouldn't fit with him being against butane. Also he has refused money openly and said only dispensaries should be wasting money on this topic.

I'm not saying ga or mystery. Is wrong or right. I'm a spectator. Also I've read over skunkpharms site forever. So much info there and I respect info on that site highly in comparison to a lot if other sites with certain topics. Learning is the shit.

Denver912,

darkrom

Great Scott!
This is what unregulated markets cause. One person found tons more MO than the other, but only ONE time. That is what is weird to me. One time it was .5g and the rest it was .03g? That is a pretty MASSIVE margin of error.

Also, if you got half a gram of MO from a can of tane wouldn't you notice it? My whole run on my 7g tube only gives me about a gram. I'd like to think I'd notice if HALF of my BHO was not cannabis at all.

Denver912

Y'all do understand that this is new info from a lab that isn't MO? They sprayed themselves. Not same info.

Denver912,

Denver912

I have that problem on occasion as well.

Lol. Like the lab did the spraying in the lab. Pretty soon they will be able to test samples. Other labs are in tow as well. With cans differing that makes sense that different amounts of mo are being found.

Denver912,

Denver912

I love my wax though. And I've been smoking with a lighter since like 96 and blunts so I may keep on dabbing and vaping even if MO is found in wax from my disp. Wax is good and awesome for pain and my lungs compared to flowers.

Denver912,
Top Bottom