my dream wax pen - who's going to make it?

darbarikanada

I've only read about the technology, but it sounds like it's now possible to make a SiC cup that heats up in its entirety (e.g. AVS molecule) controlled by a TC mod. doesn't it seem like a no-brainer that someone could make an all-in-one unit (like the EZ sai?) that incorporates this technology? maybe the technology isn't mature yet (it sounds like the contacts are a challenge?), but I'd totally jump on something like this. what am I missing?

darbarikanada,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well,there are similar concepts but heater is cast in ceramic. Check Kanboro Subdab,i dunno if Sic can be casted like ceramic though,i think it is milled.

Abysmal Vapor,

Vaporware

Well,there are similar concepts but heater is cast in ceramic. Check Kanboro Subdab,i dunno if Sic can be casted like ceramic though,i think it is milled.

Back when NewVape (now Cannabis Hardware) had their SiC dishes made, Edwyn posted this, so it does appear that you can put it in a mold:

proposed "vrod rev-c update bundle" take 2

@Stonocrates makes some good points.

These sic dishes are produced in a mold so unlike quartz they are all exactly the same. It took 4 months to have the mold made and for the dishes to arrive. There's no sending them back. We must work around this challenge.

1) purchase the vrod rev-c update bundle (a special sku will be created).
2) we will ship you a sic dish, vrod top, and vrod carb cap and a return pre paid label.
3) if you would prefer the keep your vrod top and carbcap there will be a $30 upcharge.
4) this offer is for existing vrod customers only.

Please understand that the amount of material being removed is .0025" per side (width of a piece of paper).
I can't imagine this has having any impact on the dnail and quartz dish performance.

In hind sight I should have held off on releasing the vrod until these dishes arrived.

Vaporware,

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Those AVS SiC cups are patent pending (hehe) So who knows if another manufacturer can do the same.

I've been wanting to try it, but never got around to it. Does sound very interesting.

scy123,
Top Bottom