Musa 510

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
Sure, if you want to do it TC mode, you have to use a SS (or other material able to TC) coil, and should take off the wood to expose the coil, and tune the TCR curve, try some height of that step, and then set in on max temp and press the button, if you see the coil begin to glow you immediate release the button to not burn the coil, and then adjust the TCR curve a little lower and try again. When you find that sweet spot where the max temp just makes it glow midly red, then you have successfuly tuned the TCR curve, you can then put the wood back on, and the TC mode will just work, and will never overheat the coil, even if you just press the buttton and hold it without inhaling.

A for the nicrome, it sucks that it cannot do TC, what issues did you get with zirconium? I think that could be perfect material for a Musa TC coil.
Zirconium had exactly the same behaviour as stainless steel. Unfortunately! I had great hopes!

To your ss coil:
Even if the coil doesnt break - which it sounds like, with your TCR setting - you can see some kind of oxidation on the surface of the ss coil. I dont know if this is really a problem and im maybe too fussy with it, but i want to have my construction as clean as possible. Nichrome or Kanthal coils will always have a shiny surface without any visible oxidation. Its what I think is the best option for the health. And that was always one of my main factors. But its no laboratory sience.

Last edited:
MUSA Vaporizer,
Reactions: Grass Yes

XpeeN

Zirconium had exactly the same behaviour as stainless steel
Beside the oxidation and damage, did you notice anything else? like flavor wise or different resistance range? (Sorry for this comment not being about your product, i'll try not to stir to offtopic much ^^)

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
Beside the oxidation and damage, did you noticed anything else? like flavor wise or different resistance range?
good question! but i cant remember that. I wrote down some sentences about my experiments with the zirconium wire here in this thread, some pages before. Maybe you are lucky and find your answer :)

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
You mean that the Zirconium does oxidise and degrade over time? And if so, does it do it only if severely overheated? Anyway I don't think the oxidation is that much of a big deal for health, it probably creates only like 0.01% additinonal bad fumes to your lungs or something like that.

Seek,

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
You mean that the Zirconium does oxidise and degrade over time? And if so, does it do it only if severely overheated? Anyway I don't think the oxidation is that much of a big deal for health, it probably creates only like 0.01% additinonal bad fumes to your lungs or something like that.
I think most likely due to overheating. But overheating this material would be probably already happen in a slightly glowing state.

MUSA Vaporizer,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
In my experience i want it to be slightly glowing, that's abouy the ideal temp for good performance.
And the presence of the glwoingdoesn't imply its damaging the coil, it's just blackbody radiation.

Fesob_31

Zirconium had exactly the same behaviour as stainless steel. Unfortunately!

( Zr-Nb alloy)

Black Zirconium is not achievable for a coil heated with a box mod.
ZrO2 has high biocompatibility. A thick coating of a regular structure of ZrO2 is desirable and has black color.

Zirconia knives are sold in white or black color. Both are produced from Zirconium Oxide . The black blades are harder with extra durability and generally retain their edges twice as long as white blades.

Chromium oxide layer on SS looks shiny.
Problem starts when the protective Chromium oxide layer is defective and starts looking less shiny.

The oxidation of the superficial layer of Zirconium is not shiny.

Last edited:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I just got myself a zirconium wire, could be an upgrade to my SS, though it's much thinner, so I'll have to rethink how to make the coil. Maybe twist 2-4 of them into a thicker super wire? not sure i could do that with just my hands. Or maybe I could make a very long coil with a lot of circles, that would have a very high resistance though, not sure if that would be a good or a bad thing for my TC setup. Any advice how should i make it?

Seek,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
i think i will rather wait for another musa to try to make that zirconium coil on, when my ss coil is working well, just putting the ss back in it was so scary. If it works, don't break it.

XpeeN

I just got myself a zirconium wire, could be an upgrade to my SS, though it's much thinner, so I'll have to rethink how to make the coil. Maybe twist 2-4 of them into a thicker super wire? not sure i could do that with just my hands. Or maybe I could make a very long coil with a lot of circles, that would have a very high resistance though, not sure if that would be a good or a bad thing for my TC setup. Any advice how should i make it?
I twisted multiple wires by grabbing with a tool that locks on one side, and I used a drill+chuck to grab the other side, and then just twist it with the drill.

XpeeN,
Top Bottom