NFC Multiple Sclerosis

notams

toke down Babylon
@DRCousCous dude, I Googled your diagnosis. Fuck.

Yeah - thank God for MMJ, right?

I share your experience with macro dosing. I think it's the only way.

I was micro dosing with a Dynavap. I was shocked when I did the numbers. Average bowl size: 0.08. Average use: 2 grams / day. I was doing an average of 25 'doses' a day. It's all I frickin' did. It's exhausting - 25 vapcaps a day, every day for over a year. Plus a 90% concentrate pens for bedtime going through a 1 gr cart every week.

I was doing dabs, concentrates, all that shit. It's expensive and exhausting. My brain is broken. I can't get high. I know you can't either. Everyone else's worse day without any weed, nursing a hangover, headache, diarrhea, you name it - THAT is what we're TRYING to feel like. High? We're just going for the normal guy's bad day. Right?

I have a misplaced and overactive Christian conscience that feels cannabis is subject to the same standards as alcohol when making decisions regarding dosing. It's my opinion that there is nothing 'wrong' with cannabis, just as there is nothing 'wrong' with alcohol. However, I feel there is something 'wrong' with habitual overindulge in alcohol. On the same logic I don't use cannabis for intoxication. Which is convenient because I never do feel high or stoned or intoxicated.

I eschew posts that praise one's altered state of mind. You know, the "I just vaped some blah-blah-blah and I was blasted all day! Yay!" posts. So, I try really hard to not sound like a stoner whose perpetually in outer space. Posting a question like, "do you know a way to vape a gram of flower in one bowl?" is hard without coming off as some guy that just wants to get baked.

That stated... You may want to look into a device called the Vapbong. There's a thread on here about it. I'm able to have the same amount of medicine in just 4 or 5 sessions a day.

This new device really freed me up. I was stuck in my chair at my "vape station" all day. No big deal. I'm retired. Nowhere to go, all day to get there. But, I'm just not physically able to go thru the motions necessary to do more than that.

The vapbong lets me sit down and completely extract half a gram of herb in 5 minutes flat. That would have taken a LOT longer with other devices. I'm able to get up and move around now. I even went for a walk today. Beautiful, sunny and 40 odd degrees.

So, check out the Vapbong. It's the ultimate macro doser. And, thanks for reaching out to me. We're in this together.

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
@DRCousCous dude, I Googled your diagnosis. Fuck.

Yeah - thank God for MMJ, right?

I share your experience with macro dosing. I think it's the only way.

I was micro dosing with a Dynavap. I was shocked when I did the numbers. Average bowl size: 0.08. Average use: 2 grams / day. I was doing an average of 25 'doses' a day. It's all I frickin' did. It's exhausting - 25 vapcaps a day, every day for over a year. Plus a 90% concentrate pens for bedtime going through a 1 gr cart every week.

I was doing dabs, concentrates, all that shit. It's expensive and exhausting. My brain is broken. I can't get high. I know you can't either. Everyone else's worse day without any weed, nursing a hangover, headache, diarrhea, you name it - THAT is what we're TRYING to feel like. High? We're just going for the normal guy's bad day. Right?

I have a misplaced and overactive Christian conscience that feels cannabis is subject to the same standards as alcohol when making decisions regarding dosing. It's my opinion that there is nothing 'wrong' with cannabis, just as there is nothing 'wrong' with alcohol. However, I feel there is something 'wrong' with habitual overindulge in alcohol. On the same logic I don't use cannabis for intoxication. Which is convenient because I never do feel high or stoned or intoxicated.

I eschew posts that praise one's altered state of mind. You know, the "I just vaped some blah-blah-blah and I was blasted all day! Yay!" posts. So, I try really hard to not sound like a stoner whose perpetually in outer space. Posting a question like, "do you know a way to vape a gram of flower in one bowl?" is hard without coming off as some guy that just wants to get baked.

That stated... You may want to look into a device called the Vapbong. There's a thread on here about it. I'm able to have the same amount of medicine in just 4 or 5 sessions a day.

This new device really freed me up. I was stuck in my chair at my "vape station" all day. No big deal. I'm retired. Nowhere to go, all day to get there. But, I'm just not physically able to go thru the motions necessary to do more than that.

The vapbong lets me sit down and completely extract half a gram of herb in 5 minutes flat. That would have taken a LOT longer with other devices. I'm able to get up and move around now. I even went for a walk today. Beautiful, sunny and 40 odd degrees.

So, check out the Vapbong. It's the ultimate macro doser. And, thanks for reaching out to me. We're in this together.
Yeah, I won the wrong kind of lottery ticket haha. But, although there are not a lot of diseases more rare than mine, there are plenty with worse prognoses over shorter time periods!

I did almost the same as you. A very kind bud tender gifted me an old desktop vaporizer (a Vaporite 1), and I purchased a cheap electric portable soon after. He told me I’d save money vaping (I knew nothing about weed at all). Except for VAS, he was probably right!

I grew up in a family that disapproved of drug and alcohol use in general, and I was(am) a teetotaler up until about a year ago. I also very much avoid thinking about what I’m doing as “getting fucked up” or even high. Most days, I get a bit fuzzy, but very rarely high. But, I’m not using cannabis to party or get high or avoid life.

Both my wife and my closest friend point out that cannabis allows me to do two things: be present in my family’s life rather than stuck suffering in a wheelchair; and avoid using opiates and other prescription drugs from which there is usually no return for someone with my disorder.

And I also got tired of twenty or thirty vapcaps a day. So I got a Sticky Brick (which I love), and I got a DiTanium. So far, like the Vapbong for you, it (the DT) allows me to macrodose and get the medicine I need fast and efficiently. I do still use vapcaps, and I really enjoy my Runt. But, the DiTanium does the heavy lifting on a day to day basis.

As for the “guilt” or shame, I struggle with it, on some days. But most days I’m happy to be in a little less pain and discomfort and a lot more relaxed! I’m really hoping to go full Witch and grow my own starting this year. I grow my own food (and helped others do so as a profession for decades), so why shouldn’t I grow my own medicine (the ones I can)?

Thank you for the warm welcome, and glad to hear from others finding relief and a more comfortable life.

cheers!

notams

toke down Babylon
@DRCousCous wow! I share the EXACT same sentiments as you. That post was word for word my thoughts. Wow, that felt good to read that. Thank you.

I could not decide between the Ditanium and the Vapbong. I'm very happy with my decision of the Vapbong. However, there's no way to do concentrates very well with this device. So, I'm thinking that a Ditanium is in my future.

I don't know if you're familiar with MS treatments. I get an infusion every 6 months. I'm scheduled 3/23. I have a long MRI - brain, thoracic and lumbar with and without contrast - scheduled for 3/19. My doctor requested I abstain from all cannabis for 48 hrs prior to MRI. So, in 3 weeks it's gonna get interesting.

What's worse than getting wiped out from the infusion is the anxiety leading up to it. That always triggers a lotta shit. Add to that, my wife flew to Georgia this afternoon for a family emergency. So, the lead up to it will be solo and she may not be back in time. I'm a little nervous and that's never a good thing. It's been 15 months without an ER visit. Part of that was white-knuckling through a few episode to avoid covid exposure. But, still, I'll take the win - 15 months is the longest run since 2012.

Not bitching or whining - just venting. Sorry. Yeah, I'll be leaning pretty heavy on my green friend for the next month.

MegaMan2k

Hey brother
Keep ur head up, I suffer from hortons headaches so i know what its like to be stuck in pain !

Also have a friend that suffers from MS, according to doctors he should have died in 2016
He quit all the pills and started using cannabis, now its 2021 and he is still here with us 💚

much love and respect! you face challenges that most people could not even imagine, id say ur allowd a little bitching and whining 💚

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: notams

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
@DRCousCous wow! I share the EXACT same sentiments as you. That post was word for word my thoughts. Wow, that felt good to read that. Thank you.

I could not decide between the Ditanium and the Vapbong. I'm very happy with my decision of the Vapbong. However, there's no way to do concentrates very well with this device. So, I'm thinking that a Ditanium is in my future.

I don't know if you're familiar with MS treatments. I get an infusion every 6 months. I'm scheduled 3/23. I have a long MRI - brain, thoracic and lumbar with and without contrast - scheduled for 3/19. My doctor requested I abstain from all cannabis for 48 hrs prior to MRI. So, in 3 weeks it's gonna get interesting.

What's worse than getting wiped out from the infusion is the anxiety leading up to it. That always triggers a lotta shit. Add to that, my wife flew to Georgia this afternoon for a family emergency. So, the lead up to it will be solo and she may not be back in time. I'm a little nervous and that's never a good thing. It's been 15 months without an ER visit. Part of that was white-knuckling through a few episode to avoid covid exposure. But, still, I'll take the win - 15 months is the longest run since 2012.

Not bitching or whining - just venting. Sorry. Yeah, I'll be leaning pretty heavy on my green friend for the next month.
Hey, venting is legitimate and important! Also, I can totally relate. I get 700 minutes of IVIg and steroids every 21 days. So, two days in the clinic every three weeks. I am very sensitive to IV steroids, which means I am just now thinking about sleep again haha! Had my infusions on Wed abd Thurs morning this past week.

Some of the things we have to do to keep moving and living OK are just...excruciating when it comes down to it, but worth it for me. And I have it better than many. I share the infusion clinic (as I am sure you do) with others getting chemo, immunosuppressants, Ocrevus and other MS drugs, and a few of us getting plasmapheresis or blood products.

My infusions don’t make my symptoms better, but they do slow down (and hopefully arrest for a while) the slide. But man, my friend John is in his second year of fighting brain cancer, is often in the clinic with me, and I have to feel like I am getting off pretty easy.

Anyhow, thank God or Charlie Darwin or Cthulhu or random chance for cannabis. It ain’t gonna cure my brain issues, but it sure as hell helps dealing with them. And now I have a morning appointment with my DiTanium 😀

DRCousCous,

justcametomind

I don't think any of us here are interested in giving any medical advice. I'm not looking for to run foul of any forum rules either. However, good ol' fashioned stoner advice is appreciated. Or advice from an MS veteran.

I use cannabis daily (dry herb vape) and rarely have headaches. When I have a particularly bad day (spasticity) and use a vape pen with 80% plus THC concentrate I get a headache. The spasticity fades but, head hurts.

Any idea if this (headache with concentrates) is related? If so, remedies?

Edit: btw I'm in Colorado, USA
One of the most overlooked causes of migraines is dehydration. Thc administration dehydrates the body (cotton mouth is a sign of that) so I guess 80%thc may strongly dehydrate you and it could be why you get headaches like that. If you don’t do it already, drink plenty of water before/after your next dab, I’d also monitor the daily intake of water to be enough (1,5/2l at least). Let us know how it goes.
Water Douse GIF

Last edited:
justcametomind,

notams

toke down Babylon
One of the most overlooked causes of migraines is dehydration. Thc administration dehydrates the body (cotton mouth is a sign of that) so I guess 80%thc may strongly dehydrate you and it could be why you get headaches like that. If you don’t do it already, drink plenty of water before/after your next dab, I’d also monitor the daily intake of water to be enough (1,5/2l at least). Let us know how it goes.
Water Douse GIF
That makes more sense that anything else. My wife always tells me, "DRINK WATER!" I'm a tea drinker, at least 10 cups a day. Somehow this, "doesn't count". Wives.

Shadooz

That makes more sense that anything else. My wife always tells me, "DRINK WATER!" I'm a tea drinker, at least 10 cups a day. Somehow this, "doesn't count". Wives.
Listen to you wife, 10 cups... u will end or already have kidney stones, 2 a days is still risky...

Shadooz,
Top Bottom