mrb's bits n bobs

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Introduction:
If you’ve seen me around the DV thread you might know that I like to make and modify my own components and accessories for my Dynavaps.
It was not my intention to become an 'accessory maker' here. But my love for making, combined with my love for dynavap, seems inescapable and I keep making things :)

Some items will/may occasionally be offered for sale here in this thread from time to time.
Prices (excluding shipping) are typically similar to UK prices at The Hedonist Club for equivalent items. Complicated items may be more.

I am not sure how available I will be for custom jobs, as this is just a bit of fun for me currently. But there is no harm in messaging me if there is something you are after :)

Below are examples of stems, stashes and even wooden mouthpieces I've made. . . .

1.jpg

a.jpg

DSCF5255.jpg

DCAA7_D9_B_D1_CF_43_B9_9_CD0_A71_C7_D3_E8_C1_A.jpg

698_AAC8_B_1_A49_4_DE5_A5_C0_297_AC5_E9_A1_F1.jpg

stems.jpg

1_copy.jpg

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
(mods - please excuse this double post,
I didn't want to add this to my opening post in the thread)

Currently available, I have two titanium Stems & one stash. . . .

The Titanium Stems
- are sandblasted and heat anodised.

The Stash - is made out of a very light weight wood, similar to cedar in feel. It has a brass swing door for the vapcap, this stays in place very nicely, does not knock out of place, but is simple to rotate open. The herb compartment is simply an air tight 5ml centrifuge capsule, it wedges nicely into the hole/sot in the dynastash. It can be removed easily with pliers or a knife edge, and a couple spare will be thrown in. (but they are pennies on eBay). There is a small gentle groove in the wood to allow your thumb to pop the lid.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
love it, @mrb ! Do you list them on the classifieds, have a site, or just work through pm? How much are these two stems?

Hello and thank you. I used to list on the classifieds, but realised that it was not as easy an ongoing solution.
So PM me if interested.

Going to start these two stems at £32.00 GBP
Including shipping this becomes £35 for the EU and £40 for the USA..

Cheers

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mrb

Love the look of the stems and the stash!!
If I may suggest one tiny improvement? Change the screw on the stash.
Something more decorative maybe brass but better than a Robinson wood screw?

Something like this:
https://www.kyleswitchplates.com/decorative-rosette-head-wall-switch-plate-screws-tamper-proof/

:tup:

Thanks! Despite my many years of carpentry I didn't actually realise screws THAT nice existed :)
However I worry that users may tire of a stash that can only be re-tightened by such a specific screwdriver head? These brass swivel lids seem to need less occasional adjustment than wood ones, but over years I'm sure an occasional tighten will be needed. .

Alway love seeing your stems on the dynavap thread @mrb ! Big up from a felliw UK vaper!
Cheers dude :tup:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hmmm not sure. . .

The stashes are a bit of a pain for me to make. Largely because I don't have any stationary drilling equipment, and drilling deep holes very precisely in thin wood is tricky without.

There might be more. Depends how the wind blows :)

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@mrb, Eye Candy, as usual!

As an experiment, in lieu of a small single round hole, might you consider several (3-4) elongated lines drilled perpendicular to the stem, like so: ||||
so the air intake can be manually regulated with the index finger.

A little more, or a lot less.

Best Wishes! :tup:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah I'd already been thinking that ever since whitgenstein posted his computer model with that aesthetic design feature.

The last piece of Ti i ordered arrived the wrong size... Waiting for the replacement via snail mail. Not found a good source for small purchases of grade II tubing yet...

Last edited:

Andy Capp

Accessory Maker
@mrb, Eye Candy, as usual!

As an experiment, in lieu of a small single round hole, might you consider several (3-4) elongated lines drilled perpendicular to the stem, like so: ||||
so the air intake can be manually regulated with the index finger.

A little more, or a lot less.

Best Wishes! :tup:
You make it sound easy.:rofl::dog:

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Just thought I'd post an update.

Sadly I've had trouble getting hold of the correct dimension titanium stock lately, as most suppliers only seem interested in much bigger orders than I would ever make, and I have not had time to pursue the issue lately.

So no fun for now, sorry :(

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Update:

I have ordered some Titanium! :)
And therefore I will likely have some stems and bodies for sale in January.

If anyone is after anything in particular, based on what i have previously made, then feel free to get in touch.
You wouldn't be obligated to give me any money at this point or even buy it when it's done...

BUT please only get in touch if you are genuinely interested/likely to buy what you request...
I mostly make these things for my own enjoyment of designing/making and it would be a shame to make a boat load of custom requests only to sell none of them :)

Finally - I've had so many issues getting hold of titanium stock that actually has the perfect dimensions for vc compatability that until i have the material in hand i can't guarantee I'll be making anything. So i will post here once I have my order and can confirm all is well.

Best wishes to all.
MrB

Top Bottom