Mota Glass?

Kins

Anyone heard of them? They just launched in November 2020. Right now they only have a few products but I'm guessing more are coming. Really good prices for American made glass.

They are minority and veteran owned. Seems like a really good company with some quality pieces.

MoltenTiger

Not sure those prices are quality. I like a basic beaker but clear glass and a baked on label should be much cheaper than 120 or 200 USD.

Seems like yet another generic offering in a saturated market that isn't listing anything noteworthy besides their philosophy. If you think that deserves them a sale I'm sure the glass is nice enough, but you could and should do much better for the money, and so should they.

Also what are the actual specs of the pieces? All this brand info and stock images, yet no info on the factory, blowers and no info on what you actually get. What size tubing are they using, where is it sourced, what kind of accessories do you get? Nothing useful listed just a spiel from a couple of entrepreneurs who've spun up a website and got hold of stock through unnamed labour. It doesn't look any different to any LA based offering, I'm not willing to believe anything they say if they don't even disclose what they're selling besides a picture. It seems out of touch and opportunistic, which to me goes hand in hand with the greed they cite that's ruining their economy

Last edited:

Kins

Not sure those prices are quality. I like a basic beaker but clear glass and a baked on label should be much cheaper than 120 or 200 USD.

Seems like yet another generic offering in a saturated market that isn't listing anything noteworthy besides their philosophy. If you think that deserves them a sale I'm sure the glass is nice enough, but you could and should do much better for the money, and so should they

Much cheaper for American glass?. I don't think so...... If you know of other American Made that have lower prices send the links my way.

Kins,

MoltenTiger

Much cheaper for American glass?. I don't think so...... If you know of other American Made that have lower prices send the links my way.
Yeah I've talked to multiple people in the states that will massively undercut that price tag with a custom lip wrapped beaker.
Actually sourcing product is quite easy, what do you think these guys pay per pipe?

Talk to a glass blower. If you want a brand name Mathematix have beakers for like 80, often with colour. HVY Glass is also based in LA and again is much cheaper.

Plus they'll actually give specification to what you're getting.

Kins

Seems like yet another generic offering in a saturated market that isn't listing anything noteworthy besides their philosophy. If you think that deserves them a sale I'm sure the glass is nice enough, but you could and should do much better for the money, and so should they.

Also what are the actual specs of the pieces? All this brand info and stock images, yet no info on the factory, blowers and no info on what you actually get. What size tubing are they using, where is it sourced, what kind of accessories do you get? Nothing useful listed just a spiel from a couple of entrepreneurs who've spun up a website and got hold of stock through unnamed labour. It doesn't look any different to any LA based offering, I'm not willing to believe anything they say if they don't even disclose what they're selling besides a picture. It seems out of touch and opportunistic, which to me goes hand in hand with the greed they cite that's ruining their economy

That's a very well thought out response. To be honest I actually thought the prices were suspiciously low. Just though I'd share since I've never heard of the company. Thought someone on here might know who they are or their story or something.

MoltenTiger

That's a very well thought out response. To be honest I actually thought the prices were suspiciously low. Just though I'd share since I've never heard of the company. Thought someone on here might know who they are or their story or something.
The prices aren’t terrible, but they’re also not amazing.

it seems a bit tired to wind up making these kind of pieces so recently, but they do look decent and the value is relatively fair. Plus it is a staple design for a bong, you can’t really go wrong with a beaker, but they need a good downstem to fire nicely. If you were to compare to the likes of Medicali or ROOR etc. then they do seem cheap, but compared to other comparative products I don’t think they standout.

My ideal brand/company/producer/distributer is one that is passionate about functionality and attention to detail, it is either a tool and/or art at the end of the day. The problem with cheap glass is that it typically isn’t nice and the function is made by people who don’t care or don‘t even use the product.
Someone selling glassware should focus on offering the best experience, and without even knowing the perc used in these beakers, it just seems like they missed the mark on what’s important when it comes to bongs. The form matters more than the source, and good forms come from good sources, it’s pretty much that simple.

susiegreens

Anyone heard of them? They just launched in November 2020. Right now they only have a few products but I'm guessing more are coming. Really good prices for American made glass.

They are minority and veteran owned. Seems like a really good company with some quality pieces.Ta
Hey there! Thanks so much for the shout out! Yes, we're a American Made functional glass brand that launched back in 2020, check us out on the LA Times https://www.latimes.com/lifestyle/story/2022-06-15/mota-glass-latino-bong-makers-us-waterpipes

hey there! Yes, the prices are quality and the entire piece is 100% made in LA by actual local glassblowers. We're selling quality and craftsmanship and a big reason we've grown so much in such a short time. We launched in 2020 after becoming aware that mass importing of glass overseas was devaluing the work of local glass blowers, and that there was rampant glass blower and worker exploitation going on in the industry. I invite you to check out our website now and also our LA times feature and video which features our glassblower, thank you! mota-glass.com https://www.latimes.com/lifestyle/story/2022-06-15/mota-glass-latino-bong-makers-us-waterpipes

The prices aren’t terrible, but they’re also not amazing.

it seems a bit tired to wind up making these kind of pieces so recently, but they do look decent and the value is relatively fair. Plus it is a staple design for a bong, you can’t really go wrong with a beaker, but they need a good downstem to fire nicely. If you were to compare to the likes of Medicali or ROOR etc. then they do seem cheap, but compared to other comparative products I don’t think they standout.

My ideal brand/company/producer/distributer is one that is passionate about functionality and attention to detail, it is either a tool and/or art at the end of the day. The problem with cheap glass is that it typically isn’t nice and the function is made by people who don’t care or don‘t even use the product.
Someone selling glassware should focus on offering the best experience, and without even knowing the perc used in these beakers, it just seems like they missed the mark on what’s important when it comes to bongs. The form matters more than the source, and good forms come from good sources, it’s pretty much that simple.
Hey there! The value is fair. We found out so many companies were importing pieces, slapping a logo and calling it american made. Again, the other brands you mentioned may not be actually made in the US, up to the user to do the research. This is actually what sparked us creating MOTA Glass and why we're so proud to be true american made glass. For the people: affordable and accessible because we're not greedy. I invite you to check us out on the LA times, it talks more about us and features our glass blower, thank you! https://www.latimes.com/lifestyle/story/2022-06-15/mota-glass-latino-bong-makers-us-waterpipes

susiegreens,

AssistedLiving

Hey there! The value is fair. We found out so many companies were importing pieces, slapping a logo and calling it american made. Again, the other brands you mentioned may not be actually made in the US, up to the user to do the research. This is actually what sparked us creating MOTA Glass and why we're so proud to be true american made glass. For the people: affordable and accessible because we're not greedy. I invite you to check us out on the LA times, it talks more about us and features our glass blower, thank you! https://www.latimes.com/lifestyle/story/2022-06-15/mota-glass-latino-bong-makers-us-waterpipes

Not much variety, except color & a few smaller, people want more than the standard "beaker", cheers!

AssistedLiving,

susiegreens

Not much variety, except color & a few smaller, people want more than the standard "beaker", cheers!
We're a very small business with 0 investment. We started with our few core pieces but thanks to supporters who value local glass over imports, we've been able to stay in business. It's in our plan to expand our line of course, but must do this with time as we aren't swimming in cash like those who import from overseas and slap a logo on.

We are 100% american made glass, no imports. We're affordably priced because we're not greedy. Please check us out on mota-glass.com and our video with LA Times https://www.latimes.com/lifestyle/story/2022-06-15/mota-glass-latino-bong-makers-us-waterpipes

Yeah I've talked to multiple people in the states that will massively undercut that price tag with a custom lip wrapped beaker.
Actually sourcing product is quite easy, what do you think these guys pay per pipe?

Talk to a glass blower. If you want a brand name Mathematix have beakers for like 80, often with colour. HVY Glass is also based in LA and again is much cheaper.

Plus they'll actually give specification to what you're getting.
Feel free to check out our website for full specs mota-glass.com. Also be sure to do your research on glass brands that say they're american made, unless there's press on that, there's a chance it's not really the case.

They're suspiciously low because so many brands spike their prices. We're just affordably priced, that's all. I invite you find out more about us via our website mota-glass.com and via the LA Times https://www.latimes.com/lifestyle/story/2022-06-15/mota-glass-latino-bong-makers-us-waterpipes

susiegreens,
Top Bottom