• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Molecule vs Sai TAF

arthritisbites

Anyone want to weigh in? Any thoughts are appreciated, I do not have personal experience with either, but both seem to have a lot of happy owners. As this will be my first experience in this realm, ease-of-use and reliability are my two biggest concerns. This will be used heavily at home, maybe on the go as well depending on portability.

arthritisbites,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

I have both. It's a tough one.

I really like the Molecule. You get really nice, tasty, potent instant hits. Vaporizing directly on the SS316 coils gives you true Temp control, so you can easily customize your high/effects. And the Temp control is very easy to setup. Just select Stainless Steel on your mod. No TCR tomfoolery required.

The Molecule also uses all safe materials. I don't think the Sai is "dangerous", but we don't know for sure what the thing is made out of.

But... The Mole is a RDA. You'll have to screw new coils into the RDA when you change them. I have experience with RDA's so it's no big deal for me. And you don't have to build your own coils. AVS sells replacements at $1.50 a pop, and they include an additional 3 coils with the Molecule. This device should be very cheap to maintain.

Also, a coiled atty is harder to maintain than a bucket you can swab out after every session. That having been said, I still use a Q-tip to swab out the Mole after every couple hits. It really isn't much harder, but it is harder than cleaning a bucket. The Mole seems to create less reclaim than other atty's I've used, including the TAF Sai.

The big advantage of the TAF Sai, is how easy it is to maintain the buckets. You can very easily q-tip it after every hit and have a perfectly clean atty every time. I also think it is easier to replace coils, since it isn't a RDA. But the replacement coils cost about 10 times as much as the Molecule.

What makes this even harder is... AVS is shipping quartz buckets for the Mole in a few days. They claim their bucket gets to temp in 3 seconds. That's because the Mole bucket will be heated by their beefy SS316 coils. The Sai bucket is heated by a donut coil which leads to uneven heating.

No one has used the Mole buckets yet though, so we don't know how they perform versus the Sai.

I have both, and tend to use the Mole more right now. It got me to enjoy using coiled atomizers again. It's much, much better than any coil available on the Sai.

I'm looking forward to trying out the Molecule buckets as well.

One last thing... the Mole is very tiny. Shorter than a cCell cart, and only twice as thick. It's very discrete, and the small size gives you nice dense hits.

Overall, it's a tough choice.

subway13029

I’m waiting on my molecule to be shipped when the quartz buckets arrive..I have the sequoia taf which is a bigger sai and I had given up on it until I got a proper working mod and I get big ole hits from the titanium buckets..I’ve never tried other coils from them.

arthritisbites

I have both. It's a tough one.

I really like the Molecule. You get really nice, tasty, potent instant hits. Vaporizing directly on the SS316 coils gives you true Temp control, so you can easily customize your high/effects. And the Temp control is very easy to setup. Just select Stainless Steel on your mod. No TCR tomfoolery required.

The Molecule also uses all safe materials. I don't think the Sai is "dangerous", but we don't know for sure what the thing is made out of.

But... The Mole is a RDA. You'll have to screw new coils into the RDA when you change them. I have experience with RDA's so it's no big deal for me. And you don't have to build your own coils. AVS sells replacements at $1.50 a pop, and they include an additional 3 coils with the Molecule. This device should be very cheap to maintain.

Also, a coiled atty is harder to maintain than a bucket you can swab out after every session. That having been said, I still use a Q-tip to swab out the Mole after every couple hits. It really isn't much harder, but it is harder than cleaning a bucket. The Mole seems to create less reclaim than other atty's I've used, including the TAF Sai.

The big advantage of the TAF Sai, is how easy it is to maintain the buckets. You can very easily q-tip it after every hit and have a perfectly clean atty every time. I also think it is easier to replace coils, since it isn't a RDA. But the replacement coils cost about 10 times as much as the Molecule.

What makes this even harder is... AVS is shipping quartz buckets for the Mole in a few days. They claim their bucket gets to temp in 3 seconds. That's because the Mole bucket will be heated by their beefy SS316 coils. The Sai bucket is heated by a donut coil which leads to uneven heating.

No one has used the Mole buckets yet though, so we don't know how they perform versus the Sai.

I have both, and tend to use the Mole more right now. It got me to enjoy using coiled atomizers again. It's much, much better than any coil available on the Sai.

I'm looking forward to trying out the Molecule buckets as well.

One last thing... the Mole is very tiny. Shorter than a cCell cart, and only twice as thick. It's very discrete, and the small size gives you nice dense hits.

Overall, it's a tough choice.

A beautiful analysis, thank you. You also made me feel better about vacillating between the two, it doesn’t look like either would be a bad choice. I assume you have the quartz bucket for the molecule coming your way, would you mind letting me know your thoughts after you receive it?

florduh

A beautiful analysis, thank you. You also made me feel better about vacillating between the two, it doesn’t look like either would be a bad choice. I assume you have the quartz bucket for the molecule coming your way, would you mind letting me know your thoughts after you receive it?

I for sure will. I'm not sure if I'll like the quartz inserts, or straight SS316 coils better. AVS claims the taste between the two is negligible, which I almost believe. Doing a little clean up with the coils as detailed in the manual, I can get a clean tasting hit off of the coils pretty much every time. And I get no metallic taste, especially compared to the Sai Ti buckets.

The big advantage to me on the quartz crucibles is being able to switch between strains or to CBD without any possible "contamination". The inserts are really cheap and look easy to pop in and out too, so you can almost have a "capsule" system on the go. I use cartridges a lot because loading an atty on the go is kind of a pain in the ass. The crucibles could change that for me.

The crucibles will be harder on battery life, but that isn't a huge concern to me. The bigger concern is that the straight SS316 coils allow for pretty accurate temp control. Due to indirect heating of the crucible, and the heat retention properties of quartz... you're always "guessing" what the temp is.

Since I'm liking this thing more and more, I'll probably just pick up another one (they're only $30) and dedicate one of them to crucible only usage.

I'm waiting on a few Molecule's + quartz inserts also, although I'm planning on gifting a few sets and starting to wonder if some of my recipients will find the coil replacement too fiddly.

Yeah that is a great point. On Reddit, the owner explicitly doesn't recommend the Mole for beginners. I use RDA's for nicotine from time to time, so screwing in AVS's pre-made coils isn't a big deal for me. But something like the Sai is much, much easier to replace coils on. But also 10 times more expensive and much worse for the environment.

This "downside" is also a plus for people who can deal with the DIY/Fiddly nature of a RDA. The coil possibilities on this thing are open ended.

For example... these assholes sell something called the Firebox that is just an off the shelf nicotine RDA with a basic ceramic wicked coil...for $130....

The big selling point on it is being able to load half a gram of concentrate at a time. But they are robbing people. There's no quartz dish or airflow designed specifically for concentrates like the Molecule. You can make the exact same setup for less than $20 on FastTech.

But I could imagine using the Molecule to build a SiC wicked coil that could handle a day's worth of 'trate at a time.

Top Bottom