Mod Newb; DNA? 18650? How to know what's good?

Hey all,

Been enjoying my Splinter Z the last few months, seems I ordered just in time!

Been using a Wismec Sinuous P80 with it, and it works okay, but is very inefficient with battery life etc.
I have two batteries, but it's annoying only being able to charge through the mod - meaning I can't charge the empty battery externally while still vaping with the full battery.

A second mod seems sensible at this point, perhaps with an upgrade to a DNA75 chip which I've read are recommended.
I'd like to keep using 18650 as I already have two of these batteries.

But - here's where I get stuck!
Most of the forum threads and recommendations I'm finding are quite out of date now (~2018), and many of the mods out of stock (I'm in the UK, by the way).
E.g. Saw lots of good reviews of SBODY Macro DNA75, Hcigar VT75 Nano, Simeiyue SMY SDNA75, but all are out of stock wherever I find them.

Then there's like, unknown stuff on eBay:

Or this terrifyingly cheap mod that just can't be real surely:

So how do you determine what's a good mod box when all the information's outdated?
Does anyone have any recommendations for resources or mods?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Vapelung2032,

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
In my experience, the battery life with the P80 increase, after you installed arctic fox on the mod.

But it sounds like you need a battery charger.
And maybe a mod with two batteries (wismec relaux gen3 dual, for example)

I cant recommend the Istick Pico, to be honest. My girlfriend use this mod for her e-cigarette and she ran through several replacement units already.

Cheers, charger will definitely help that issue!

Re; Arctic Fox / firmware - I've been putting this off as the different firmware options confuse me; it seems there are 2/3 common options people use!

Vapelung2032,

Chainfish

Have you checked ecigone out? Generally best uk prices, and vast selection. not all dna chip mods come up in search so check high end section. depending on price wanting to spend, i'd be tempted by vicious ant primo or duke (cash no issue) or lost vape paranormal for more reasonably priced. Personally don't use temp mode so only bonus I get from DNA chip is the better battery life. The dovpo odin comes in dna or stock chip, both are considered decently built. YouTube is your friend for reviews. just watch a few on same mod once u decide which you'd like.

Chainfish,

Summer

Long Island, NY
This thread may be helpful:

No experience with DNA mods. Highly recommend Wismec Sinuous Ravage 230W or Wismec RX gen3 Dual. The Ravage can be updated with Red Panda, the color version of Arctic Fox. Currently, I'm still using the stock firmware in wattage mode only. I think the P80 is lame.

Awesome!
Anything much above £120 or so is past limit.
The Lost Vape Paranormal / Centaurus look really cool for that range, but also from pics I've seen with the Z attached, I'd be concerned about storing it on its side, or even stood up and it falling over (because the Z is wider, so stress would be on the Z's connection).

The Wismec Dual with FW may be the one, given it's like half the price of other options.
How much difference does the 2x battery really make? I assume it lasts twice as long as the P80, as opposed to being twice as powerful?

I've just updated my P80 with Arctic Fox, so will give it a spin and see how that affects my trajectory :p

Top Bottom